The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 08:18 AM   #151
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,001
Default

Bronco fans are so spoiled it's pathetic... We've had one bad season in 10 years and that was imediately following back to back superbowls. Those of you that think this board is tough now, have no idea how brutal things are going to get if we struggle to a 6-10 record like some of us think.

My guess is by mid season their will be a day or two when their are more self rightious "I'm taking my ball and going home" threads than their are football takes.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:25 AM   #152
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,298

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchism View Post
Repetition.
That's a boring common word, I want a fancy word,

Newver mind I'll do it myself

I got it;

staccato (sorta works)
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #153
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,791

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
. . . . . .
He didn't call him out in front of anyone else.

He didn't say "you'll get traded".

He didn't say " he doesn't know the playbook." The player did.

He didn't take the issue to the press, despite the press hoping he will. . . . . . ..
No, no. The FO and coaches have "demonized" Marshall in the press. They hired the local CBS affiliate for god's sake to film Marshall exclusively during warmups - it was like an anti-infomercial kind of deal. A "demonmercial", so to speak.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #154
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,791

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
I have to agree with this statement. Feelings have gotten so hot around here
that we have good posters leaving the board for other regions and sites.

Why? Because the constant bickering around here this season IS getting hard to take. And there are lines being crossed that shouldn't be.

Its sad, because we are (most of us ) passionate about being Bronco fans.

And there is no Right , no Wrong position , just different opinions, but many are carrying out increasingly vindictive and objectionable flame wars. It seems like many, if not most, threads end up in personal diatribes between one or two posters. The constant sniping is tiresome.

I don't relish the idea, but maybe its time to tone down the personal attacks with some bans or something, if people keep making personal attacks in threads. On the internet, everyone has too much of a tendency to act like BM..



TJ has never been one to hand out bans lightly, and I can see why...it eventually drives people away if used too often. A middle ground might be needed for a while though.
Well, this has always been the most contentious of the boards. Just brutal at times, really brutal. Mock has been one of the worst, and he can take care of himself. Hell, the first reply to one of my posts on this board was from Mock, and he said, "I'd like to cap you off."

There's always the ignore feature if you want to take a break from those who irritate you no end. This is still the best board, but you need a thick skin, or don't mind retaliating in kind, or just use the ignore feature.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #155
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,786

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Bronco fans are so spoiled it's pathetic... We've had one bad season in 10 years and that was imediately following back to back superbowls. Those of you that think this board is tough now, have no idea how brutal things are going to get if we struggle to a 6-10 record like some of us think.

My guess is by mid season their will be a day or two when their are more self rightious "I'm taking my ball and going home" threads than their are football takes.
If we hit 6-10, I'll be pretty impressed. 2 weeks till weight gain thread
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #156
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Well, this has always been the most contentious of the boards. Just brutal at times, really brutal. Mock has been one of the worst, and he can take care of himself. Hell, the first reply to one of my posts on this board was from Mock, and he said, "I'd like to cap you off."

There's always the ignore feature if you want to take a break from those who irritate you no end. This is still the best board, but you need a thick skin, or don't mind retaliating in kind, or just use the ignore feature.


I agree I have put plenty on IGGY for driving me crazzy but not one in here now... it is a nice feature . I bet I am iggy all the time thats alright I say **** people don't want to hear at times .
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #157
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,791

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Bronco fans are so spoiled it's pathetic... We've had one bad season in 10 years and that was imediately following back to back superbowls. Those of you that think this board is tough now, have no idea how brutal things are going to get if we struggle to a 6-10 record like some of us think.

My guess is by mid season their will be a day or two when their are more self rightious "I'm taking my ball and going home" threads than their are football takes.
That's gonna be the case no matter the record. This is just a very brutal board, period.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #158
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,791

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
I agree I have put plenty on IGGY for driving me crazzy but not one in here now... it is a nice feature . I bet I am iggy all the time thats alright I say **** people don't want to hear at times .
Oleg, you are the greatest, man. I'd never iggy you.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #159
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 6,048

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

I know about iggy. don't use it much cause it disrupts the flow of threads....and anyone that quotes the Iggy'd person leaves you with their comments anyway.

And if a thread starts out right away with something that is of little interest
I just don't read it.

Lately too many threads end up getting jacked by 1-2 or 3 people that want to continue their on-going vendettas or battles. A mention in one thread of something in another brings in the other poster to reply and then you have 2 threads where the same stupid argument is going on. And on and on.

No one cares anymore what the facts are...as long as they can say " I was RIGHT....and I told everyone this would happen."

Oh well. All this hate and venom over a fricking GAME. Thank god football isn't a full fledged religion.....we could then carry some of this crap over into ......





HOLY WAR!


Then we could have the inquisition...Heretics and Lutherans, witch hunts, the whole nine yards....burning at the stake....

And there still wouldn't be Right or Wrong....

just survivors.

Last edited by ScottXray; 08-29-2009 at 12:04 PM..
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #160
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

It's in both parties interests that brandon get on the field to prove himself his trade value is shot at this point and needs to be fixed so the ball is is brandons court ( end of story)
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #161
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,298

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Oleg, you are the greatest, man. I'd never iggy you.
Nah brutal was the old DPO....
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #162
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]
 
listopencil's Avatar
 
BOOM! Winner.

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The People's Republic Of California
Posts: 8,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post

HOLY WAR!


Then we could have the inquisition...Heretics and Lutherans, witch hunts, the whole nine yards....burning at the stake....

And there still wouldn't be Right or Wrong....

just survivors.


Let's get this **** rolling.


I am officially breaking off from Bronco nation. I am creating a schism and splintering into my own denomination, sect, branch...whatever you want to call it. So far I'm going to call it the Defensive Line First Mentality. We here at DLFM believe that the Broncos will only go as far as a good Defense will carry them and, therefore, feel that the Defensive Line should be addressed before any other needs on the team. That means that I will whine/b****/pout/piss/moan whenever any player or coach is brought in that does not immediately improve the D-Line. I have spoken.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #163
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,298

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

No, you have typed
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #164
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]
 
listopencil's Avatar
 
BOOM! Winner.

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The People's Republic Of California
Posts: 8,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
No, you have typed
Heretic.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #165
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,791

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Nah brutal was the old DPO....
Well, it was a segue into this. TJ posted on the old DPO before he started this, right?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #166
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,791

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Let's get this **** rolling.


I am officially breaking off from Bronco nation. I am creating a schism and splintering into my own denomination, sect, branch...whatever you want to call it. So far I'm going to call it the Defensive Line First Mentality. We here at DLFM believe that the Broncos will only go as far as a good Defense will carry them and, therefore, feel that the Defensive Line should be addressed before any other needs on the team. That means that I will whine/b****/pout/piss/moan whenever any player or coach is brought in that does not immediately improve the D-Line. I have spoken.
You suck.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #167
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]
 
listopencil's Avatar
 
BOOM! Winner.

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The People's Republic Of California
Posts: 8,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
You suck.
This is serious business. If you can't handle the heat go join the Unitarians, son.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:36 PM   #168
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,791

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
This is serious business. If you can't handle the heat go join the Unitarians, son.
I don't need no stinking Unitarians. What are Unitarians? Never mind, I don't need no stinking Unitarians.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #169
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,981

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

One is now seeing why Marshall was not drafted higher when he was in the NFL draft. His character was a question mark and unfortunately, he refuses to grow up and act like a man. Teams don't win anything with players like that. I want his childish ass gone. He'll just be a pouter and not play hard all year.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #170
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]
 
listopencil's Avatar
 
BOOM! Winner.

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The People's Republic Of California
Posts: 8,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I don't need no stinking Unitarians. What are Unitarians? Never mind, I don't need no stinking Unitarians.
Well then say three Hail Trevor's and spit on the feet of a prima donna WR so that all may be forgiven.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #171
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,298

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Well, it was a segue into this. TJ posted on the old DPO before he started this, right?
Right, he was a big supporter of the DC back then forgot his name.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #172
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]
 
listopencil's Avatar
 
BOOM! Winner.

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The People's Republic Of California
Posts: 8,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO
Default

By the way, if you don't know how to say a "Hail Trevor" it goes like this:


Hail Trevor, full of pain.
Our D Coord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among linemen,
and blessed is the fruit of thy labor, Sacks.
Holy Crap, look at his first step,
he requires double teaming,
now and at the hour of our game.
Anon.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #173
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,791

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Well then say three Hail Trevor's and spit on the feet of a prima donna WR so that all may be forgiven.
All those rituals give me the creeps. Can I just spit on everything? That's kind of a ritual, right?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #174
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]
 
listopencil's Avatar
 
BOOM! Winner.

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The People's Republic Of California
Posts: 8,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
All those rituals give me the creeps. Can I just spit on everything? That's kind of a ritual, right?
Sure, but you have to be yelling when you do it so you look like a fierce D-Lineman.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #175
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,786

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Sure, but you have to be yelling when you do it so you look like a fierce D-Lineman.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Denver Broncos