The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #1001
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Raiders waive sixth-round pick

Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2009 4:53 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-round-pick/

The Oakland Raiders have found a new way to avoid holdouts by rookie draft picks.

The solution? Cut them.

A league source tells us that the Raiders have waived defensive end Stryker Sulak, a sixth-round pick in the 2009 draft.

The formal designation was "waived/unsigned."

So, basically, the Raiders have cut Sulak before his rookie training camp. Said the source, "I've never seen that happen before."

But the tactic is permitted. Teams are required only to tender one-year contracts for the rookie minimum to their draft picks. Even if the draft pick were to sign the one-year tender, the team would still have the ability to terminate the non-guaranteed deal.

Sulak was the 26th player picked in round six, and the 199th overall in the draft. The Raiders selected Sulak with a draft pick obtained from the Patriots.

The reason for the Raiders' decision to cut Sulak isn't known. Yet.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #1002
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Raiders waive sixth-round pick

Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2009 4:53 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-round-pick/

The Oakland Raiders have found a new way to avoid holdouts by rookie draft picks.

The solution? Cut them.

A league source tells us that the Raiders have waived defensive end Stryker Sulak, a sixth-round pick in the 2009 draft.

The formal designation was "waived/unsigned."

So, basically, the Raiders have cut Sulak before his rookie training camp. Said the source, "I've never seen that happen before."

But the tactic is permitted. Teams are required only to tender one-year contracts for the rookie minimum to their draft picks. Even if the draft pick were to sign the one-year tender, the team would still have the ability to terminate the non-guaranteed deal.

Sulak was the 26th player picked in round six, and the 199th overall in the draft. The Raiders selected Sulak with a draft pick obtained from the Patriots.

The reason for the Raiders' decision to cut Sulak isn't known. Yet.
Well he isn't the first rookie they gave up on Quentin Moses didn't last long with them either.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #1003
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Well he isn't the first rookie they gave up on Quentin Moses didn't last long with them either.
Maybe someone lied to Al about his 40 time and he flew into a fit of rage upon finding out they drafted a football player and not a track star?

Either way, bring him in! He hates the Raiders and has a bad ass name!
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #1004
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...mason-retires/

Ravens wide receiver Derrick Mason retires
Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #1005
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Maybe someone lied to Al about his 40 time and he flew into a fit of rage upon finding out they drafted a football player and not a track star?

Either way, bring him in! He hates the Raiders and has a bad ass name!
He was one of those development guys that I thought would be a good fit as OLD in the 3/4.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #1006
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I am surprised Derrick Mason is retiring....he caught 80 passes for 1,037 yards last year.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #1007
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...worldwide.html

NFL Network, NFL Sunday Ticket to worldwide

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The National Football League said on Monday it has signed up IMG Worldwide, the sports and media company, as the agent to license select television rights in certain international markets.

The three-year deal is effective immediately through to the 201l/12 season in certain countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. IMG will also license the international distribution of NFL Network and NFL Sunday Ticket in each of those regions except for Europe.

The NFL will continue to manage TV rights in the rest of Europe.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #1008
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4328590

Terrell Suggs agreed to a six-year, $63 million deal with the Ravens Wednesday. The deal includes a $33.1M signing bonus.

I doubt the Ravens would have enough $$ to pay BMarsh even if they wanted to.
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #1009
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

For the first time, all 65 of the NFL preseason games will be televised in full -- and in HD -- by NFL Network.

Twelve of the games will be shown live on NFLN.

The twelve-game live slate features a tripleheader on August 15, with the Falcons-Lions at 4:00 p.m. EDT, followed by the Bears-Bills at 7:00 p.m. EDT, and the Seahawks-Chargers at 10:00 p.m. EDT.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #1010
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4328590

Terrell Suggs agreed to a six-year, $63 million deal with the Ravens Wednesday. The deal includes a $33.1M signing bonus.

I doubt the Ravens would have enough $$ to pay BMarsh even if they wanted to.
Here are my two favorite parts:

BALTIMORE -- Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs signed a six-year, $63 million contract Wednesday, making him the highest-paid linebacker in NFL history.
The contract, which assures him $38 million in guaranteed money, provides a long-term solution to Suggs' unsettled status as the team's franchise player.

"I am glad it is over. Now we can get back to football," Suggs said. "Getting this done took compromises on both ends. I wanted to stay in purple and black, the Ravens wanted to keep me in purple and black, and they stepped up and showed me that."

Huh? Let me get this straight: you just became the highest paid player at your position in history by a significant margin and you say that you had to "compromise." What exactly were you hoping to get?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #1011
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Defensive end Jeremy Jarmon, selected by the Washington Redskins in the third round, was the only player picked in Thursday's NFL supplemental draft.

Jarmon, 6-3 and 278 pounds, was forced to enter the supplemental draft after being declared ineligible for his senior season at Kentucky because of a failed drug test, testing positive for a banned diuretic supplement.
By selecting Jarmon, the Redskins will be without a third-round pick in the 2010 NFL draft as well as a sixth-round pick (from the Jason Taylor trade). The Redskins say Jarmon is the first player they've ever taken in a supplemental draft.

There were eight former college football players eligible for the supplemental draft. The seven who were not selected could still be invited to training camp.

Since its inception in 1977, 37 players have been selected in the supplemental draft.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...lemental-draft
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #1012
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Here are my two favorite parts:

BALTIMORE -- Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs signed a six-year, $63 million contract Wednesday, making him the highest-paid linebacker in NFL history.
The contract, which assures him $38 million in guaranteed money, provides a long-term solution to Suggs' unsettled status as the team's franchise player.

"I am glad it is over. Now we can get back to football," Suggs said. "Getting this done took compromises on both ends. I wanted to stay in purple and black, the Ravens wanted to keep me in purple and black, and they stepped up and showed me that."

Huh? Let me get this straight: you just became the highest paid player at your position in history by a significant margin and you say that you had to "compromise." What exactly were you hoping to get?
QFT. You hit the nail on the head. Some athletes say the stupidist stuff...
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #1013
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

The Rams have added some much-needed experience _ and size _ to their wide receiver corps. League sources told the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday that the team has acquired WR Ronald Curry from the Detroit Lions in a trade for defensive tackle Orien Harris.

Harris’ tenure with the Rams was a short one _ he was acquired from Cincinnati on May 7 in a trade for running back Brian Leonard.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #1014
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4350876

Sources: Favre anguished over choice

Dude loves the attention. He has to know if he wants to come back and play or not.

If you have to 'anguish' over the decision this much, you should stay retired.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #1015
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4350876

Sources: Favre anguished over choice

Dude loves the attention. He has to know if he wants to come back and play or not.

If you have to 'anguish' over the decision this much, you should stay retired.
So I guess riding his John Deere tractor and cutting his grass in Mississippi really is hard to beat?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #1016
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Former Denver Broncos and Houston Texans fullback Cecil Sapp has signed with the United Football League's New York franchise, according to his agent.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #1017
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

NFL | Favre conflicted about return
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:57:54 -0700

Ed Werder, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent QB Brett Favre (Jets) remains conflicted about whether to sign with the Minnesota Vikings or retire, according to sources. The decision has become harder for Favre because Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, DE Jared Allen and OG Steve Hutchinson have been some of the players trying to talk Favre into signing. Favre probably would have decided against playing this season if the Vikings players did not call him, according to a source. A source said Favre is starting to feel a sense of obligation to the Vikings. Favre is still unresolved about whether he will be able to hold up for 16 regular season games while maintaining the standard of performance he expects from himself. The two sides have negotiated a one-year deal worth around $10 million if Favre decides to play for the Vikings.

will this assclown ever go away?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #1018
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
NFL | Favre conflicted about return
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:57:54 -0700

Ed Werder, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent QB Brett Favre (Jets) remains conflicted about whether to sign with the Minnesota Vikings or retire, according to sources. The decision has become harder for Favre because Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, DE Jared Allen and OG Steve Hutchinson have been some of the players trying to talk Favre into signing. Favre probably would have decided against playing this season if the Vikings players did not call him, according to a source. A source said Favre is starting to feel a sense of obligation to the Vikings. Favre is still unresolved about whether he will be able to hold up for 16 regular season games while maintaining the standard of performance he expects from himself. The two sides have negotiated a one-year deal worth around $10 million if Favre decides to play for the Vikings.

will this assclown ever go away?
I wonder what Brent went through during puberty, must have been an epic struggle, am I straight, am I gay, did the guys on the HS football team infulence his decison...?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #1019
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I wonder what Brent went through during puberty, must have been an epic struggle, am I straight, am I gay, did the guys on the HS football team infulence his decison...?
now thats funny right there
Old 07-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #1020
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

The San Diego Chargers have released veteran linebacker Matt Wilhelm.

The six-year veteran, a third-round pick in 2003, started 14 games in 2007. Last year, he appeared in every game and started the first five of the season before being pulled from the starting lineup. He started two games later in the year.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #1021
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Veteran wide receiver Drew Bennett has agreed to terms with the Baltimore Ravens on a one-year contract for the veteran minimum, according to a league source.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #1022
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
The San Diego Chargers have released veteran linebacker Matt Wilhelm.

The six-year veteran, a third-round pick in 2003, started 14 games in 2007. Last year, he appeared in every game and started the first five of the season before being pulled from the starting lineup. He started two games later in the year.
Bring him in.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #1023
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

EN PARK, Mich. (AP) - The Detroit Lions have traded wide receiver Ronald Curry to the St. Louis Rams for defensive tackle Orien Harris.

The deal Friday marks the second time each player has changed teams in recent months.

Curry was signed by Detroit as a free agent in April after he was released by Oakland, where he spent his first seven NFL seasons. Harris was traded to St. Louis by Cincinnati on May 6 after appearing in 14 games for the Bengals last season, his third in the NFL.

Curry has 193 career catches and 13 touchdowns, and could start immediately for the Rams. The 6-foot-3, 300-pound Harris has 14 career tackles since being drafted in the fourth round by Pittsburgh in 2006. He has also spent time with Cleveland, Buffalo and New Orleans.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #1024
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Signing status of 2009 NFL Draft first-round picks

1. Matthew Stafford QB Detroit Signed
2. Jason Smith OT St. Louis Unsigned
3. Tyson Jackson DE Kansas City Unsigned
4. Aaron Curry LB Seattle Unsigned
5. Mark Sanchez QB N.Y. Jets Signed
6. Andre Smith OT Cincinnati Unsigned