The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default Help promote Floyd for HOF this year.

So this is Bronco's 50th Anniversary.

As fans we should leverage this to promote Floyd for HOF consideration.

I don't want to hear why he will get jobbed and why it is impossible.

There has to be some way to get some exposure at least during the 2 National televised games we have this year at home.

Mon. Nov. 9 PITTSBURGH INVESCO Field at Mile High 6:30 p.m. MST ESPN (National)

Thu. Nov. 26 N.Y. GIANTS INVESCO Field at Mile High 6:20 p.m. MST NFL Network (National)

Other fanbases find a way to get their cause promoted and discussed on either Sportscenter or during pre-game chit-chat.

There has to be some way we can start a campaign along the lines of :

44 4 HOF or PUT 44 IN HOF

Maybe those that have season tix can take a sign/banner.

Maybe people can contrib anything that we can make a really long banner out of that goes as far around the stadium as we can promoting all of Floyds acheivements?

We need a presence in the stadium all season prior to those games to get any coverage for Floyd, anything we can do should be attempted whether Bowlen likes it or not.

Anyway place your ideas here. Here is your chance to prove that Bronco Nation can make a difference.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

I don't wanna piss anyone off here including The great "Floyd Loving Boys" Moops and Hogan. Love both of those guys and their love of old school.

But any effort right now to support Floyd with the Seniors Committee, will just deflect the efforts underway for Randy Gradishar.

Floyd candidacy really has no legs right now, short of a few writers here and there.

All of the current Seniors Committee have voted for Randy in the past, and Randy made it to the final vote twice. It is very reasonable that Randy will make it within the next decade on the Seniors vote.

But as a pecking order goes, Randy is slighly more deserving than Floyd, and Randy's candidacy does have some legitimate legs already.

Get Randy in first then work on Floyd. If both Broncos greats have two seperate camps working at the same time, it will negate both of them. That is unfortunatley a part of the way the system works.
B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
Meck77

I know it's frustrating for Randy to have the HOF wound opened year after year after year.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:52 AM   #4
LittleFloyd
Seasoned Veteran

Hall of Fame

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

www.littleinthehalloffame.com/

There is already a website promoting Floyd for the Hall.
LittleFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #5
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Love View Post
I don't wanna piss anyone off here including The great "Floyd Loving Boys" Moops and Hogan. Love both of those guys and their love of old school.

But any effort right now to support Floyd with the Seniors Committee, will just deflect the efforts underway for Randy Gradishar.

Floyd candidacy really has no legs right now, short of a few writers here and there.

All of the current Seniors Committee have voted for Randy in the past, and Randy made it to the final vote twice. It is very reasonable that Randy will make it within the next decade on the Seniors vote.

But as a pecking order goes, Randy is slighly more deserving than Floyd, and Randy's candidacy does have some legitimate legs already.

Get Randy in first then work on Floyd. If both Broncos greats have two seperate camps working at the same time, it will negate both of them. That is unfortunatley a part of the way the system works.
I hear what you are saying B-Love.

But if it wasn't for Floyd, Randy probably would have never played for Denver. Floyd legitimized this franchise. As great a player as Randy was, I say Floyd in the Hall first.
Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

But if it wasn't for Floyd, Randy probably would have never played for Denver. Floyd legitimized this franchise. As great a player as Randy was, I say Floyd in the Hall first.
I agree. Floyd Little is the second most important Bronco in the franchise's history. He should've been in there already, along with Gradishar, but the HoF being the joke that it is......well, you know.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #7
LittleFloyd
Seasoned Veteran

Hall of Fame

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

If we want to get those deserving Bronco names out I think the best way to do this is to blast the HOF voters with our wishes. Here is a list of the voters emails (most of them anyway):

kent.somers@arizonarepublic.com
Garceau@wmar.com
mgaughan@buffnews
cchandler@charlotteobserver.com
dpompei@tribune.com
cludwig@daytondailynews.com
tgrossi@plaind.com
rgosselin@dallasnews.com
mlive.com and click email Kowaski
cchristl@journalsentinel.com
john.mcclain@chron.com
mike.chappell@indystar.com
skouvari@wjxt.com
bobgretz.com
epope@herald.com
shartman@startribune.com
borges@globe.com
pfinney@timespicayune.com
sports@northjersey.com
FCooney@sportsxchange.com
pdomo@aol.com
ebouchette@post-gazette.com
bjmiklasz@post-dispatch.com
nick.canepa@uniontrib.com
ngay@sfchronicle.com
clarefarnsworth@seattlepi.com
ikaufman@tampatrib.com
dclimer@tennessean.com
HBalzer@sportsxchange.com
jbell@usatoday.com
dgoldberg@ap.org
imiller@sportsxchange.com
Badgerlen@hotmail.com
vito.stellino@jacksonville.com
jim.trotter@uniontrib.com
cjwilliams@star-telegram.com
LittleFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #8
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Floyd may be more deserving, but he is also further from actually making right now. With Randy on cusp it might be better to focus efforts there in hopes that it may start opening a few more eyes to the older Bronco Players.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Floyd may be more deserving, but he is also further from actually making right now. With Randy on cusp it might be better to focus efforts there in hopes that it may start opening a few more eyes to the older Bronco Players.
Exactly right! It's unfortunate that the system is the way it is, but Floyd just does not measure up to Randy right now, and Randy is actually pretty close.

Switching a mass effort to Floyd will just help ensure neither guy makes it. I'd love to see it. Randy has a 50% + chance of making it on the Senior Ballot and Floyd has a 10% chance currently.

Work your odds correctly and don't muck it up for both guys.

The 8 Senior Writers WILL NEVER serve up two Broncos in one season for the Hall vote. only one will get there and randy is more deserving.

It doesn't matter to the Hall Voters that Floyd "saved the franchise" blah blah. They don't give a **** about that. We do but they don"t.
B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #10
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

What's the point? It's a political process and it's BS. Everyone knows Floyd should be in before Randy. Floyd is the reason there is a football team in Denver, no disrespect to Randy but why should I play their game of politics by "concentrating efforts on player B instead of player A?"

**** em.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
Rugby7
Solid Starter

Quote:
but why should I play their game of politics by "concentrating efforts on player B instead of player A?
Because then neither player A or B gets in the HOF. Concentrate on B and maybe you can help get him in.
Rugby7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #12
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Listen Floyd Little isn't going to the Hall of Fame because the higher Power won't put him in there,It doesn't matter how many people "Protest" it.ITS NOT HAPPENING.

But what we can do is make our Own HOF Banner Right here on the Mane maybe on the Main Forum Page

http://orangemane.com/BB/ Have a Ring Of Fame on top on the Main Page of any Bronco that you feel that needs to be in the HOF (And you know that's not really going to make it)
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Love View Post
Exactly right! It's unfortunate that the system is the way it is, but Floyd just does not measure up to Randy right now, and Randy is actually pretty close.

Switching a mass effort to Floyd will just help ensure neither guy makes it. I'd love to see it. Randy has a 50% + chance of making it on the Senior Ballot and Floyd has a 10% chance currently.

Work your odds correctly and don't muck it up for both guys.

The 8 Senior Writers WILL NEVER serve up two Broncos in one season for the Hall vote. only one will get there and randy is more deserving.

It doesn't matter to the Hall Voters that Floyd "saved the franchise" blah blah. They don't give a **** about that. We do but they don"t.
Well then we can start a poll and pick a ****ing guy.

The fact is that we need to do more as fans to promote those Broncos that should be in but were jobbed.

Right now other than some website we are not doing anything for any of our deserving Broncos.

Do something DAMNIT!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #14
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Anyone know how to add a poll to existing thread?