The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #51
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
I don't know. The kid was unconscious on his back before being shot 5 more times. I think things would be different if he wasn't a minor. I bet the pharmacist is gonna get some time.
I'm confused. If a cop had done this people excuse them because imagine the fear they felt and they are let off. Yet the pharmacist should have been examining the law at the time?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #52
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I'm confused. If a cop had done this people excuse them because imagine the fear they felt and they are let off. Yet the pharmacist should have been examining the law at the time?
It's because the dude went got another gun, came back, and shot the guy execution style, point blank into the chest.

Hard to argue you were in fear. Better argument IMO is to try and say the robber was already dead from shot to head.

Otherwise that dude should have erased the film, lost the film, something.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #53
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
IMO you can't convict this guy. Kid would have died anyways from the shot to the head.
you dont know this for sure

Quote:
Defense needs to call the medical examiner into question, get other medical examiners to say kid was already dead or would have died. Then the other bullets only pumping them into a dead body which isn't murder.
From the link District Attorney David Prater said Ersland was justified in shooting 16-year-old Antwun Parker once in the head, but not in firing the additional shots into his belly. The prosecutor said the teenager was unconscious, unarmed, lying on his back and posing no threat when Ersland fired what the medical examiner said were the fatal shots.
Quote:
I'm on this jury I don't even listen. I just wait until vote time, not guilty, then go on my way.
way to serve justice
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #54
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
you dont know this for sure

From the link District Attorney David Prater said Ersland was justified in shooting 16-year-old Antwun Parker once in the head, but not in firing the additional shots into his belly. The prosecutor said the teenager was unconscious, unarmed, lying on his back and posing no threat when Ersland fired what the medical examiner said were the fatal shots.
way to serve justice
Like I said only way to fight this is for defense to call that medical examiners report into question. They will look at every case he has done, look for mistakes, try to discredit him, then get another autopsy and hopefully find a doctor that will say IMO the kid was already dead when he fired for the second, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th time. Geeze what was that guy thinking.

He could also try and say he was in a daze, totally out of control, doesn't remember what he was thinking etc. That could maybe make it not murder 1.

All I can say is someone points a gun at you, so you shoot them, you should not go to prison. I just don't see the guy as a threat because I would never rob someone. Only friggin criminals need fear the guy.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:25 PM   #55
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Like I said only way to fight this is for defense to call that medical examiners report into question. They will look at every case he has done, look for mistakes, try to discredit him, then get another autopsy and hopefully find a doctor that will say IMO the kid was already dead when he fired for the second, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th time. Geeze what was that guy thinking.

He could also try and say he was in a daze, totally out of control, doesn't remember what he was thinking etc. That could maybe make it not murder 1.

All I can say is someone points a gun at you, so you shoot them, you should not go to prison. I just don't see the guy as a threat because I would never rob someone. Only friggin criminals need fear the guy.
no I agree with you , on principal , but the law doesnt ...... I dont think Murder 1 is the correct charge , if anything man 1 ,min 4 years max life , I think the D.A. and the lawyers will get it down to Man 2 or Man 3..... Man 2 ( I think) min of 2 years 10,000 fine , man 3 I dont know but I think a year in Jail , 5,000 fine .......... if it is man 3 ( which I think will stick ) his time in county waiting to go to DOC will count ,2 for 1 on good behavior , he will wind up doing 6 months in county .. I hope

Last edited by Spider; 05-30-2009 at 11:27 PM..
Old 05-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #56
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
If you deny a person like this pharmacist the right to defend themself, you are essentially removing his right to protect himself from death as well as protect his family and his property.

The pharmacist went back to ensure that the criminal couldnt hurt him, and in his heightened state he may have gone overboard. But lets not miss the forest for the trees. This is not capital murder...it may be something else, but murder is not the right interpretation.
Utter BS. I can't believe you'd even bring this in here.

First of all, nobody is "denying the right to defend himself". The OK law is clearly written that the use of deadly force is permissable when the individual's life is in jeaopardy and he's not being charged for shooting the kid the first time. What jeopardy did this 16 year old kid lying unconscious on the floor with a bullet in his head possibly present this man? Absolutely none. Second, he did not "go back to ensure he couldn't hurt him" as you suggest. In fact he calmly walked right past the kid, turned his back to him, took the time to find a 2nd gun, then stood over him while he lay motionless on the floor and fired 5 bullets into his stomach and chest. At what point during this process do you think this guy was fearing for his life? Was it when he looked down on the floor and saw him lying unconscious? Maybe it was when he calmly turned his back? Perhaps when he got to the 4th bullet and saw the bloody mess on the floor?

"May have gone overboard"...no, it isn't that he "may" have gone overboard. Under Oklahoma law he commited a murder. The DA is filing charges on him not because he "may have gone overboard". He killed a kid lying on the floor with a bullet in his head. What he should have done, is call 911 and tell them to come save this kid's life. Instead he willfully chose to pump 5 bullets into him. He deserves exactly what's coming to him, and yes...it's capital murder. If you watch this tape, it's obvious this was a deliberate act. He had more than enough time to think clearly about what was going on.

Unbelievable.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #57
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Utter BS. I can't believe you'd even bring this in here.

First of all, nobody is "denying the right to defend himself". The OK law is clearly written that the use of deadly force is permissable when the individual's life is in jeaopardy and he's not being charged for shooting the kid the first time. What jeopardy did this 16 year old kid lying unconscious on the floor with a bullet in his head possibly present this man? Absolutely none. Second, he did not "go back to ensure he couldn't hurt him" as you suggest. In fact he calmly walked right past the kid, turned his back to him, took the time to find a 2nd gun, then stood over him while he lay motionless on the floor and fired 5 bullets into his stomach and chest. At what point during this process do you think this guy was fearing for his life? Was it when he looked down on the floor and saw him lying unconscious? Maybe it was when he calmly turned his back? Perhaps when he got to the 4th bullet and saw the bloody mess on the floor?

"May have gone overboard"...no, it isn't that he "may" have gone overboard. Under Oklahoma law he commited a murder. The DA is filing charges on him not because he "may have gone overboard". He killed a kid lying on the floor with a bullet in his head. What he should have done, is call 911 and tell them to come save this kid's life. Instead he willfully chose to pump 5 bullets into him. He deserves exactly what's coming to him, and yes...it's capital murder. If you watch this tape, it's obvious this was a deliberate act. He had more than enough time to think clearly about what was going on.

Unbelievable.
you make a strong case , but i think the Pharmacist history and standing in the community comes into play , Man3 with a felony on his record .........
Old 05-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #58
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
IMO you can't convict this guy. Kid would have died anyways from the shot to the head.

Defense needs to call the medical examiner into question, get other medical examiners to say kid was already dead or would have died. Then the other bullets only pumping them into a dead body which isn't murder.
The medical examiner already ruled the kid was alive. Now you want "other medical examiners" to say otherwise...I guess you have no agenda do you?
Quote:
I'm on this jury I don't even listen. I just wait until vote time, not guilty, then go on my way.

No friggin way I could send a guy to prison for shooting someone the country is better off without. Someone who eventually would have probably killed himself.

If you use a weapon doing robberies, no doubt in my mind that eventually you have to use it.
So you're judge, jury and executioner. Then **** the rule of law let's just decide that because someone commits a crime it's open season. We don't need cops, courts, laws or any concept of justice. You're a law unto yourself.

I'll repeat my earlier suggestion just for you; if his name were Brent instead of Antwun, I doubt you'd see it this way. But since the "country is better off without him"...the law doesn't matter does it?

Disgusting.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #59
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
you make a strong case , but i think the Pharmacist history and standing in the community comes into play , Man3 with a felony on his record .........
Who gives a $h!t about his damn "standing in the community". He fired 5 bullets into a motionless kid on the floor. It's murder, pure and simple. This isn't Law & Order.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:39 PM   #60
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
he will wind up doing 6 months in county .. I hope
That's insane.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #61
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Prosecution will have to try and move the case. No way this guys town convicts him.

Also you said to my theory he may have already been dead.....You don't know that for sure.

IMO that shows how tough a conviction will be because burden of proof on prosecution. If they can sow a seed into jury that just maybe this kid was going to die, or already dead, that could create reasonable doubt.

You can probably find a doctor that will testify the kid was already brain dead when he shot him, or would have died, or was already dead etc.

I bet like you said they end up with a deal because prosecution probably knows they will have trouble getting a conviction on murder 1.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:42 PM   #62
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
The sad thing is, a copy probably would get off. You don't need to "examine the law" to know what constitutes murder when a guy is lying motionless on the floor with a bullet in his head.

Suppose he'd waited 5 minutes...would that be murder? Or would he still be fearing for his life? What if he went to the ER and wasted him?

Common sense takes a vaction in here so frequently.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:43 PM   #63
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Who gives a $h!t about his damn "standing in the community". He fired 5 bullets into a motionless kid on the floor. It's murder, pure and simple. This isn't Law & Order.
well now hold on , the kid did put himself in this position , the pharmacist is wrong , but dont think he is a cold blooded killer , the pharmacist did screw up , but the kid screwed up even more by trying to rob him ....... No sense in sending a man that has obeyed the law to prison for the rest of his life , over the actions of a 16 year old kid who became a man the second he put that gun in his hand and entered the store , and committed the first unlawful act ,putting in motion the pharmacist actions........
Old 05-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #64
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
well now hold on , the kid did put himself in this position , the pharmacist is wrong , but dont think he is a cold blooded killer , the pharmacist did screw up , but the kid screwed up even more by trying to rob him ....... No sense in sending a man that has obeyed the law to prison for the rest of his life , over the actions of a 16 year old kid who became a man the second he put that gun in his hand and entered the store , and committed the first unlawful act ,putting in motion the pharmacist actions........
What part of the Oklahoma law that is written for exactly this kind of situation...do you think should be set aside since the kid was wrong? It should be pretty obvious that if you "fear for your life", there's a pretty good chance the one you fear is doing something to cause the problem. That does not excuse murder. The fact is, he knowingly, willingly and delberately killed this kid in cold blood. What happened 15 seconds earlier was justifiable. This was not, and it sure deserves more than 6 months in county lockup.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #65
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

you really have to look at this case ..... The kid wasnt there to steal a box of rubbers , and i seriously doubt the pharmacist shoots the kid for stealing rubbers........would the pharmacist shot the kid ,if the kid was unarmed ? doubt it ,so the Kid brandishing a fire arm is what set all of this in motion .........man 3 ....1year 5 K fine,7 years supervised probation the right to carry a fire arm revoked 650 hours of community service .........
Old 05-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #66
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
What part of the Oklahoma law that is written for exactly this kind of situation...do you think should be set aside since the kid was wrong? It should be pretty obvious that if you "fear for your life", there's a pretty good chance the one you fear is doing something to cause the problem. That does not excuse murder. The fact is, he knowingly, willingly and delberately killed this kid in cold blood. What happened 15 seconds earlier was justifiable. This was not, and it sure deserves more than 6 months in county lockup.
no , I never said set aside the law , the pharmacist should be punished , but let the punishment fit the crime , not once did I say set aside the law
Old 05-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #67
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
no , I never said set aside the law , the pharmacist should be punished , but let the punishment fit the crime , not once did I say set aside the law
I'm pretty sure the DA knows what statute has been violated under the law, and how it's classified. Six months in jail does not fit this crime.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:03 AM   #68
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the DA knows what statute has been violated under the law, and how it's classified. Six months in jail does not fit this crime.
Thats not how the legal system works , what the DA and police officers do is charge you with the max crime possible , and pile on as many charges as they can , so when you lawyer up , the DA has room to work with this is clearly not a murder charge , it is a manslaughter charge , for it to be murder , the kid doesnt provoke any hostile or threatening action ........
Old 05-31-2009, 12:05 AM   #69
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

i better add also the Kid brandish the fire arm first , once that happened murder charge is out of the window ........
Old 05-31-2009, 12:08 AM   #70
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Thats not how the legal system works , what the DA and police officers do is charge you with the max crime possible , and pile on as many charges as they can , so when you lawyer up , the DA has room to work with this is clearly not a murder charge , it is a manslaughter charge , for it to be murder , the kid doesnt provoke any hostile or threatening action ........
You've been watching to much L & O...it is a murder charge, and not all defendants get a deal cut. If he wants to file murder, he'll file murder. If he fears for his job with the voters, who knows what he'll file.

BTW...the judge in this case, who is black...is now getting death threats from the advocates of "justice".
Old 05-31-2009, 12:13 AM   #71
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
You've been watching to much L & O...it is a murder charge, and not all defendants get a deal cut. If he wants to file murder, he'll file murder. If he fears for his job with the voters, who knows what he'll file.

BTW...the judge in this case, who is black...is now getting death threats from the advocates of "justice".
if you say so ......... i dont watch law and order , I am just using my past experiences with the law and how it works ......
Old 05-31-2009, 12:14 AM   #72
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul

all the way to the title

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
I'll repeat my earlier suggestion just for you; if his name were Brent instead of Antwun, I doubt you'd see it this way. But since the "country is better off without him"...the law doesn't matter does it?

Disgusting.
The justice system in my state is particularly unfair to the poor. It takes more time, more effort, and more money relative to one's resources to take care of issues in the courts. I understand the frustration with this, as I have experience finding ways for people to pay for things they cant afford. I have seen clients of mine completely over-burdened by the legal system for simple problems that only take a call to a lawyer and some simple bookkeeping to fix for a person with greater resources. The legal system is unfair to the poor, and nobody cares.

I think that your bringing race into the conversation is a reference to this situation, but I think that its foolhardy and a held-over opinion from a generation past. Poor is poor. Black, white, whatever. The people that see race in these issues are blinded by their own biases and caught up in something that exists only in the whispers of the dead.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:14 AM   #73
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I have never tried to hide my past here , or the things I have done ..matter of fact , my wife bailed me out of jail before we was married , but thats another story
Old 05-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #74
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Let me let you in on a widely known secret 27 , a DA or an officer of the law can charge you with anything , but proving it in a court of law is a different matter
Old 05-31-2009, 12:22 AM   #75
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
if you say so ......... i dont watch law and order , I am just using my past experiences with the law and how it works ......
Only in L & O we'd find out the pharmacist actually hired the kids and had a prescription dope ring going on the side and he needed to back some cash out of the business to launder the profits so he staged the robbery, but decided to waste his partners when he discovered they were blackmailing his gay lover...then Brisco and Fontana would dig up said lover and work him over a bit before he gives up Mr. Big whose trafficing Chinese opium through the mayor's office.

Fantasy...but entertaining...but this is real and this guy deserves some real time.