The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2009, 05:12 PM   #26
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
Jevan Snead would be my choice of the QBs listed, but he's not robotic enough for Joshua.

Seattle takes Eric Berry. How ironic. Berry is Edward Reed II.
Welcome to the board. You have to go to the War & Politics forum and meet a guy named Gaffney.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:30 AM   #27
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Well, the lunacy about actually doing a mock draft for 2010 just less then a week after the 2009 real draft took place is that you don't know what type of injuries a player might sustain in the next college football season.

Not only that, every year there are always a good handful of surprises that most people didn't see coming. You have almost every player drafted in your 2010 mock draft based on need and yet time and time again, teams often go with "best player available" rather then need.

I highly doubt McCoy falls to #26.
A lot of talk is McCoy will fall because of the system he is in and his play tendency. He scrambles a lot and throws a lot of short passes.
However, he is deadly accurate. His completion % was over 70% last year, that is amazing. I have doubts about him in the Pro's though.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:19 AM   #28
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

I hope not, I would instantly discredit any loyalty I have to the team. (Yes, I hate UT-Austin that much.)
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:20 AM   #29
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I have doubts about him in the Pro's though.
I have doubts about every longhorn in the pros.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:51 AM   #30
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I actually hate draft this early because they only use the "big" names and forget there better pro prospects out there. I would love Denver to be in position to draft one of the following QB:

1. Jevan Snead Old Miss - in the Cutler/Stafford mode
2. Dan LeFevour CMU - mobile tough QB that has decent pro arm that just make things happen
3. Tim Hiller WMU- another great MAC QB that remember me of Brady Quinn clone.
4. Jake Locker -UW - great QB, that plays for a real crappy team. He has it all - arm, mobility leadership.
5. Pat Devlin - Delaware - transfer that reminds folks of Flacco
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:56 AM   #31
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I actually hate draft this early because they only use the "big" names and forget there better pro prospects out there. I would love Denver to be in position to draft one of the following QB:

1. Jevan Snead Old Miss - in the Cutler/Stafford mode
2. Dan LeFevour CMU - mobile tough QB that has decent pro arm that just make things happen
3. Tim Hiller WMU- another great MAC QB that remember me of Brady Quinn clone.
4. Jake Locker -UW - great QB, that plays for a real crappy team. He has it all - arm, mobility leadership.
5. Pat Devlin - Delaware - transfer that reminds folks of Flacco
1. Snead is already talked about, and some people rate him the #1 QB next year. He's going to be a top 10 pick at this point most likely.
2. Questionable competition
3. Hiller has questionable competition as well
4. Locker has had hype for 2 straight years and hasn't done a darn thing. How can you say he has it all. Good QB's look at least decent on crappy teams. He looked like crap on a crappy team
5. Devlin, unknown really
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #32
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I don't know why anybody would think that Mac will get rid of one big-armed gunslinger in Cutler and then go out and draft another one in Snead. Mac wants a Brady-clone: A QB who is smart enough to do extensive pre-snap reads, is a master of ball control, and is highly accurate.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #33
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't know why anybody would think that Mac will get rid of one big-armed gunslinger in Cutler and then go out and draft another one in Snead. Mac wants a Brady-clone: A QB who is smart enough to do extensive pre-snap reads, is a master of ball control, and is highly accurate.
if you get a QB good and smart enouhg to score points with no turnovers early, you dont need a gunslinger to go out and win you a game.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote