The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #876
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

See, Rusty, I can shake that off. You're not nearly as persistent as other trolls. You'll forget about this in a month.

Other people...they never learn when to quit. That's when I snap.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #877
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

That's because YOU ARE NOT ACTUALLY DYING you RETARDED

F U C K.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #878
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,846

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

I love how Bobo acts all tough saying "that's when I snap!"

Something tells me his snap is more



and less

Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #879
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Why spread that garbage in here? Don't be a prick.

Anyway, down to 191. Feelin' GOOD!
How tall are you?

Got a goal weight or just shooting for a specific BF%?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #880
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
How tall are you?

Got a goal weight or just shooting for a specific BF%?
He's a 5 3 dwarf scumbag.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #881
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
How tall are you?

Got a goal weight or just shooting for a specific BF%?
5-11

I have a goal weight, I guess, but I'm more concerned with how I look. I don't have a way to measure BF% at the moment. Can you suggest one?
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #882
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,438

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boob'sALowlifePOS View Post
5-11

I don't have a way to measure BF% at the moment. Can you suggest one?
Yeah, cut off that big ugly piece of fat that's on top of your neck and weigh it!
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #883
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp
 
scorpio's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
5-11

I have a goal weight, I guess, but I'm more concerned with how I look. I don't have a way to measure BF% at the moment. Can you suggest one?
The only good way to measure BF% by yourself is using skinfold calipers. Just buy some from bb.com or wherever and learn how to use them.

Bioimpedance tools like Tanita scales or Omron devices are really only useful for trending, and will vary wildly based on your level hydration, time of day, phase of the moon, etc.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #884
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
5-11

I have a goal weight, I guess, but I'm more concerned with how I look. I don't have a way to measure BF% at the moment. Can you suggest one?
Not insanely important. You'll know when you get down to ten when you start seeing real good definition. I can probably tell you from a picture within a couple percent, or just throw it up on a body building site for people to estimate.

You're the same height as I am, but probably have a thicker bone structure. You're lighter than I am now, but I spent a LOT of time in the gym getting to my weight, with a lot of diet discipline and even some cheat drugs.

I'd suggest you push for 175-180 and then maintain that for a month to make sure it's not just a lack of water weight. Then you should start learning everything you can about weight training and rotate into a good program supplemented with cardio and don't let your diet discipline slip.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #885
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

You guys realize you're the ones doing the trolling in this thread, right? Why not go after him in another...? Here he's doing pretty damn good and might even be inspiring some of the other posters you don't wish a disastruous fate on.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #886
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Not insanely important. You'll know when you get down to ten when you start seeing real good definition. I can probably tell you from a picture within a couple percent, or just throw it up on a body building site for people to estimate.
I can already see my upper abs peeking out. The problem I have...there's definitely loose skin below that flapping around. I may have to look into surgery.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:20 AM   #887
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NM
Posts: 1,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I can already see my upper abs peeking out. The problem I have...there's definitely loose skin below that flapping around. I may have to look into surgery.
The loose skin will eventually tighten, but it takes a long time. Trust me, I went from 275 to 185 and had loose skin on my lower abdomen. I was 185 in Feb. and am now back up to 200 and have less loose skin because I've been weight training and trying to pack on muscle. Your skin will slowly tighten if you start hitting the weights - it just takes time. I still have a long way to go, but I know I will get there. Nothing can stop my determination now. I'm 6'1" and my final goal is to be about 215-220 lbs with 6-8% body fat. I'm hoping to be there in about a year or two. I think currently I'm about 12-14% BF, so I need to pack on about 20-30 lbs of muscle and lose 10-15 lbs of fat.

I used to be addicted to what the scale said, but now I hardly weigh myself once a week. It is all about how much body fat and muscle I have. The Reverend is right, go to bb.com and learn some good diets and routines. It has helped me improve a lot.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:09 AM   #888
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Your skin will slowly tighten if you start hitting the weights - it just takes time.
I started hitting the weights over a year ago. That's what worries me.

Could be worse, though.



You don't have any before/after pics, perchance?

Quote:
I think currently I'm about 12-14% BF, so I need to pack on about 20-30 lbs of muscle and lose 10-15 lbs of fat.
Man the V-Diet was tailor made for you. Give it a try.

Last edited by Bob's your Information Minister; 04-25-2009 at 07:12 AM..
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:20 AM   #889
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NM
Posts: 1,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I started hitting the weights over a year ago. That's what worries me.


Man the V-Diet was tailor made for you. Give it a try.

I'm pretty happy with my current diet. It is basically this everyday:

5:45 in the morning - Whey Protein shake with Water (green magnitude and white flood supplements as well)
6:15-7:30 - Hit the Weights
8:00 - 1 cup oats w/ 1.5 cups skim milk, 1 scoop whey, 1-2 tbsp Flax seeds, 1 tbsp PB, 1 banana - stirred all together
11:00 - 3 hard boiled eggs, 1 banana w/ 1 tbsp PB
1:00 - Chicken breast on a salad or sandwich, yogurt, 1 banana, some carrots
4:30 - Power Shake - Oats, Milk, Yogurt, Whey Protein, Flax Seeds, PB and fruit all blended together (About 40 g Protein, 45 g Carbs and 10 g Fat per serving)
6:30-7:00 - HIIT for 20-30 minutes on my elliptical
7:30-8:00 - Lean cut of meat (usually a chicken breast), green salad, sweet potatoes, and more green vegetables depending on what I feel like
11:00-11:30 - 1 c. Cottage cheese and handful of almonds, or 3 eggs and handful of almonds
12:00 - bed

My maintenance caloric intake is roughly 3500 calories, so I actually shoot for 4000 as I'm trying to bulk at the moment (I know I should cut out the cardio, but I'm too addicted to working out...). I'm currently experimenting with the zigzag diet where my weekly caloric intake is roughly 28,000 calories, but some days I'll have only 2000-2500 whereas some days I'll have over 5,000. It is supposed to help you build muscle and lose fat, which is a really difficult thing to do. It is easy to adjust my daily diet up or down since I have a pretty good base diet. Regardless, when I get to about 230, I'll start a slow cut diet to lose the fat and maintain muscle (aiming at losing only 0.5-1 lb a week while still lifting a lot). I'll keep this bulking and cutting cycle until I get to my goal. I don't care if it takes 2 years, I'll get there.

Last edited by Harvitz81; 04-25-2009 at 09:34 AM..
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #890
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvitz81 View Post
I'm pretty happy with my current diet. It is basically this everyday:

5:45 in the morning - Whey Protein shake with Water (green magnitude and white flood supplements as well)
6:15-7:30 - Hit the Weights
8:00 - 1 cup oats w/ 1.5 cups skim milk, 1 scoop whey, 1-2 tbsp Flax seeds, 1 tbsp PB, 1 banana - stirred all together
11:00 - 3 hard boiled eggs, 1 banana w/ 1 tbsp PB
1:00 - Chicken breast on a salad or sandwich, yogurt, 1 banana, some carrots
4:30 - Power Shake - Oats, Milk, Yogurt, Whey Protein, Flax Seeds, PB and fruit all blended together (About 40 g Protein, 45 g Carbs and 10 g Fat per serving)
6:30-7:00 - HIIT for 20-30 minutes on my elliptical
7:30-8:00 - Lean cut of meat (usually a chicken breast), green salad, sweet potatoes, and more green vegetables depending on what I feel like
11:00-11:30 - 1 c. Cottage cheese and handful of almonds, or 3 eggs and handful of almonds
12:00 - bed

My maintenance caloric intake is roughly 3500 calories, so I actually shoot for 4000 as I'm trying to bulk at the moment (I know I should cut out the cardio, but I'm too addicted to working out...). I'm currently experimenting with the zigzag diet where my weekly caloric intake is roughly 28,000 calories, but some days I'll have only 2000-2500 whereas some days I'll have over 5,000. It is supposed to help you build muscle and lose fat, which is a really difficult thing to do. It is easy to adjust my daily diet up or down since I have a pretty good base diet. Regardless, when I get to about 230, I'll start a slow cut diet to lose the fat and maintain muscle (aiming at losing only 0.5-1 lb a week while still lifting a lot). I'll keep this bulking and cutting cycle until I get to my goal. I don't care if it takes 2 years, I'll get there.
Anything specific inhibiting your sleep!?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #891
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

That seems like a lot of food to me.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #892
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
That seems like a lot of food to me.
But it's all good food. For his level of activity and size, he probably needs a minimum of 2,500-3,000 calories.

He's eating great. If I were to find ANYTHING to criticize, it'd be the intensity of his morning weight routine considering it'd been a while since he'd had a good amount of carb consumption before-hand.

That's even a stretch to criticize that... his diet is damn near perfect.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #893
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvitz81 View Post
My maintenance caloric intake is roughly 3500 calories
My estimate was low! Woops.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #894
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NM
Posts: 1,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Anything specific inhibiting your sleep!?
I'm in grad school Actually I function pretty fine on 6 hours of sleep. I do eventually want to move my weight training to the evening though and maybe move the HIIT cardio to the morning.

I try to eat immediately after lifting though to get some carbs into my system.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #895
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

What does cottage cheese do for you besides protein?
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #896
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NM
Posts: 1,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
What does cottage cheese do for you besides protein?
The Protein in cottage cheese is really slow digesting, so it is ideal to have right before bed to keep your metabolism going. Plus 1 c. of cottage cheese has 28 g of protein, so it is one of the cheapest sources of protein out there.

I also am shooting for 1-1.5g of protein a day per lb of body weight to try and build muscle while bulking. This means I have to shoot for 200-300 grams a day, which can sometimes be a difficult thing to do.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #897
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Nice. I will start eating it! I actually love it, though its better with ritz.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #898
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist
 
DB-Freak's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,958
Default

HIIT is retarded.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #899
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB-Freak View Post
HIIT is retarded.
That's a pretty myopic thing to say, DB. It's effects of raising your metabolism higher for longer than other forms of cardio are pretty well proven.

Is it good for a calorie deficit? No.

Is it good for ketosis? No.

Is it good for gaining muscle? No.

But it's certainly got it's massively effective uses.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #900
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist
 
DB-Freak's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's a pretty myopic thing to say, DB. It's effects of raising your metabolism higher for longer than other forms of cardio are pretty well proven.

Is it good for a calorie deficit? No.

Is it good for ketosis? No.

Is it good for gaining muscle? No.

But it's certainly got it's massively effective uses.
Nubs shouldnt use it
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Denver Broncos