The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Tailgate Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Bratwurst

I found this link looking for a recipe, way to much info to post ( but it looks promising) http://www.bratwurstpages.com/brats.html
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
ksBRONCOfan
I love beer and Broncos!

YUM-O!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I stab my brats with a fork twice before placing them in the pot. I add enough water to cover and start them on the heat. I put chopped up onion, couple garlic cloves, whole peppercorns and a bay leaf in the mix. I do bring to a full boil (never had any casings burst). I boil for 10 to 15 minutes. Then I throw them on the grill over medium heat and let them get that nice grilled brown on the outside. I try to only turn them over once while on the grill. When they are done they are just full of juice and flavor. There is usually big bubbles of juice in the casings just waiting to be bit into so the piping hot juices squirt you in the face. (that sounds wrong)

I used to use beer, but quickly decided that it was a waste of beer.
ksBRONCOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksBRONCOfan View Post

I love boiling them in beer but I look at my beer stash half the time and say na ill just use water. Ive used a dry rub on em several times (put on after the boil of course) and that gives em a little spice kick.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I will not eat a brat unless its boiled in beer.

If you are too cheap to afford 3 beers for the brat boil you shouldnt be allowed to cook, for anyone, ever.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
ksBRONCOfan
I love beer and Broncos!

YUM-O!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
I will not eat a brat unless its boiled in beer.

If you are too cheap to afford 3 beers for the brat boil you shouldnt be allowed to cook, for anyone, ever.
meh. I've found that with the way I boil them someone would never tell wether I used beer or water.
ksBRONCOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #6
yerner
Ring of Famer

See, I've found the secret is to put them in a beer bath AFTER they come off the grill. You can char the hell out of them and the come back to life soaking in delicious beer. Taste the beer more too. Truth is, I boil them in beer. Grill. Then put them back in the beer pot.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksBRONCOfan View Post
I stab my brats with a fork twice before placing them in the pot. I add enough water to cover and start them on the heat. I put chopped up onion, couple garlic cloves, whole peppercorns and a bay leaf in the mix. I do bring to a full boil (never had any casings burst). I boil for 10 to 15 minutes. Then I throw them on the grill over medium heat and let them get that nice grilled brown on the outside. I try to only turn them over once while on the grill. When they are done they are just full of juice and flavor. There is usually big bubbles of juice in the casings just waiting to be bit into so the piping hot juices squirt you in the face. (that sounds wrong)

your casing do not burst because you pierce them first.
I reccomend you grill the pierced brats first, just brown them a few minutes, each side, then braise them in beer. working on a grill you can brown the brats, put them in a pan with some onions, also browned and then cover with beer, use a cheap beer, just not a bad/ rancid beer.
when its time to serve take them out of the beer broth and put them back on the grill for a few minutes92-3) DEOENDING ON HOW DONE THE BRAT OWNER WANTS THEM.
add some of those onions in the beer broth too.
FWIW, i reccomend earl cambell hot links in addition to brats, they are the best gameday sausage I have ever encountered, great taste and value too !
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
See, I've found the secret is to put them in a beer bath AFTER they come off the grill. You can char the hell out of them and the come back to life soaking in delicious beer. Taste the beer more too. Truth is, I boil them in beer. Grill. Then put them back in the beer pot.
BINGO !
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: