The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #501
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
i did not write this post, it was written by rev bully of the o and b board, but it hits the nail on the head, both teams are so equal its gonna come down to who wants it more.
I hear ya Chad, but The Flyers don't match-up very well with the Pens. In the 90's, I woulda taken the Flyers roster over the Devils all day long. Problem is, we couldn't beat the Devils in any meaningful game.
Do I think we have zero chance? hell no. I will say though, this is the team I didn't want to see. Especially in the 1st round.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:30 AM   #502
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
I hear ya Chad, but The Flyers don't match-up very well with the Pens. In the 90's, I woulda taken the Flyers roster over the Devils all day long. Problem is, we couldn't beat the Devils in any meaningful game.
Do I think we have zero chance? hell no. I will say though, this is the team I didn't want to see. Especially in the 1st round.
The thing is - will malkin or crosby produce like they are in the play offs? Crosby did better last year than the year before. Malkin seemed to really run out of gas at the end of the season last year. (This year he's stayed very productive.)

Will Fluery outplay Biron/?(whomever the flyers throw in next.)

To be honest, this is whom i wanted the pens to play first. I still think BOS is at the ECF's this year. But i wonder how their "youth" will do come playoff time.

The pens don't have as much grit as last year (roster wise). But Staal picked his game up towards the end of the season - and cooke is definitely better than ruutu.

I think the pens have 6 20g scorers - and seven 10-17g scorers.

I think the flyers have a more well rounded D than the pens - but it's not like the pens D is horrible either.

So i think this series goes 6 games - but i haven't decided on whom i think will win. (I'm still breaking it down)
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:39 AM   #503
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

It may be a terrible matchup, but if we can beat these media darlings....

I'm still uneasy about Biron, but at this point, I'm never gonna be comfortable with him in goal.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #504
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Go PENS!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #505
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
did you not watch the last game ? you know the one right smack in the middle of us losing 4 outta 5, and them being unbeatable, the one cindy never even got a shot on net in, and we beat them 3-1 in there house on national TV.

bring em on
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #506
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
did you not watch the last game ? you know the one right smack in the middle of us losing 4 outta 5, and them being unbeatable, the one cindy never even got a shot on net in, and we beat them 3-1 in there house on national TV.

bring em on
haha!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #507
Where's Plummer???
orton has plummers beard

Orton Is A Team Leader!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Orton

i really dont like either team but i HATE the pens... prob is if the flyers dont get more physical in this game there gonna lose it... there too slow compaared to the pens to try and foot race em
Where's Plummer??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #508
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:

bring em on
Thas one game Chad. I'm talking about doing that 4 outta 7 games. Like I said, This is the worst matchup for us. The only way we can beat them in a series is to bust them in the mouth every shift. Tonight, we got bunched, kicked,, spit, and raped in the mouth. That wasn't my Flyers.

3 Guys showed up tonight.... Richie, Giroux and Biron. Thats it. The Pens won with a total team effort. It wasn't Cindy, wasn't Malkin, it was everyone. They hit the snot out of us. I don't care that Cindy and Fred Flintstone had 1G and 1 A each.... they weren't that big a factor. The Pens beat us as a team.

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 04-15-2009 at 07:07 PM..
Old 04-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #509
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Thas one game Chad. I'm talking about doing that 4 outta 7 games. Like I said, This is the worst matchup for us. The only way we can beat them in a series is to bust them in the mouth every shift. Tonight, we got bunched, kicked,, spit, and raped in the mouth. That wasn't my Flyers.

3 Guys showed up tonight.... Richie, Giroux and Biron. Thats it. The Pens won with a total team effort. It wasn't Cindy, wasn't Malkin, it was everyone. They hit the snot out of us. I don't care that Cindy and Fred Flintstone had 1G and 1 A each.... they weren't that big a factor. The Pens beat us as a team.
I agree. I actually think that malkin, crosby & fluery were pretty average in this game. They had stats, but if you watched the game you know what i mean.

I fully expect the flyers to come out big in the next game. All in all, there are lots of games left.

PS - matt cooke is way better than ruutu.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #510
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:

Biron showed up? Could've fooled me.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #511
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Biron showed up? Could've fooled me.
Dude, Honestly.... Name a goal that was his fault. He made a ton of huge saves with guys teeing up in the slot. That game woulda been 10-1 without Biron.
The First goal was a fluke kickin by Cindy. Actually, it was kicked, hit the post and Marty tried everything to get wide. The puck came back, hit him in the skate and went in. The second goal was a 3 on 1. Actually, the way Carle played it (or didn't play it), it was a 3 on 0.
Third goal was a WTF moment by Mike Knuble. He threw a lazy pass behind the Net and Malkin is left all alone for 5 or 6 seconds. To make matters worse, Matt Carle has a clean shot to steam roll Malkin, but makes a lame effort with his stick. There isn't a goalie in the game that stops Malkin all alone in front for 5 second. In hindsite, Maybe Marty shouldn't have tried to poke check Malkin. Once he missed on the poke check, it was an easy goal. However, when you only have a tenth of a second to decide, you can't second guess the poke check decision.
The 4th goal was a defensive zone lost faceoff that went back to the point. No winger went to the point to pressure eaton. Eaton shoots and Giroux makes a perfect deflection in the slot and it gets by Marty.
You can lay blame on Marty all you want.... But, when you get out hit, out hustled, out shot, out chanced, lose the faceoff ration by 4 to 1, and commit stupid penalty after stupid penalty, I find it hard to blame the goalie.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #512
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Dude, Honestly.... Name a goal that was his fault. He made a ton of huge saves with guys teeing up in the slot. That game woulda been 10-1 without Biron.
The First goal was a fluke kickin by Cindy. Actually, it was kicked, hit the post and Marty tried everything to get wide. The puck came back, hit him in the skate and went in. The second goal was a 3 on 1. Actually, the way Carle played it (or didn't play it), it was a 3 on 0.
Third goal was a WTF moment by Mike Knuble. He threw a lazy pass behind the Net and Malkin is left all alone for 5 or 6 seconds. To make matters worse, Matt Carle has a clean shot to steam roll Malkin, but makes a lame effort with his stick. There isn't a goalie in the game that stops Malkin all alone in front for 5 second. In hindsite, Maybe Marty shouldn't have tried to poke check Malkin. Once he missed on the poke check, it was an easy goal. However, when you only have a tenth of a second to decide, you can't second guess the poke check decision.
The 4th goal was a defensive zone lost faceoff that went back to the point. No winger went to the point to pressure eaton. Eaton shoots and Giroux makes a perfect deflection in the slot and it gets by Marty.
You can lay blame on Marty all you want.... But, when you get out hit, out hustled, out shot, out chanced, lose the faceoff ration by 4 to 1, and commit stupid penalty after stupid penalty, I find it hard to blame the goalie.
I openly admit to not believing in Marty and I'll grant you the first goal wasn't his fault...after that though, well...I just find it hard to be happy with him.

I'm hoping he and the team performs much better tonight. GO FLYERS!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #513
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Wow.... Headed to OT. I gotta say... What a gift call the Pens got with 4 minutes left. These 2 teams have been killing each other all game and they call that week hook on Carter with 4 to play?? Come on. If your gonna let Cindy take 2 straight two handers to Timonen's legs and then punch him in the face with 8 minutes left, you can't call that on Carter. Sorry Pen fans... the Refs were just looking for ANY excuse to put the Pens on the PP.

Come on boys, 1 goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #514
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Nice Gift. Oh well. I guess Toranto wants Cindy. We all know they hte the Flyers. Oh well. Maybe we need someone to knock Fixburgh out cause we know the league wont let the Flyers beat em. On to '09-'10
Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 AM   #515
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Nice Gift. Oh well. I guess Toranto wants Cindy. We all know they hte the Flyers. Oh well. Maybe we need someone to knock Fixburgh out cause we know the league wont let the Flyers beat em. On to '09-'10
No kidding. Everyone knows the NHL needs their "stars" to go deep in the playoffs for the "good" of the league. It's their best chance to make some sort of impact with "Joe American" who normally doesn't care about hockey and wouldn't interrupt his NASCAR and MLB watching for it without them. Don't be surprised to see Washington roar back as a result either, after all, Orwretchkin is just as vital as Cindy is to ratings!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:12 AM   #516
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i wonder who the pens 5th line, opps i mean refs are for todays game
Old 04-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #517
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Now thats Flyers Hockey!!!!!! Kick some a$$, score some goals, Kick more ass, save a few shots, Kick some more a$$, score more goals, and, just for fun, KICK MORE A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:07 AM   #518
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

the flyers played good, but the penguins 5th line were even worse this game then the last 2 games.

how does crosby get away with this, when knuble gets called for it in overtime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee0hJ0yIIjA

and i dont have video of carters stick being choppin in half, you know the automatic call that we got to go 2 men down last game.

and now the one they did call, the malkin hook / timonen holding the stick, they could have just as easily called timonen for holding the stick under his arm, but i guess if stall can do it and get a powerplay for it with 3 minutes left in an otherwise well reffed game we should be able to do it too. NOT. BS like that has to stop, the refs are getting too involved
Old 04-20-2009, 04:16 AM   #519
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

and before it comes up, killer hit by kunitz, loved it, but didnt steve downie get 20 games for the same friggin thing ? i mean really come on.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:05 AM   #520
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

You guys whine more than crosby.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:33 AM   #521
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
You guys whine more than crosby.
That's totally impossible.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #522
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Now thats Flyers Hockey!!!!!! Kick some a$$, score some goals, Kick more ass, save a few shots, Kick some more a$$, score more goals, and, just for fun, KICK MORE A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I said the same thing on the thread on the main page....hopefully, the team can carry that same intensity and attitude through the rest of the series and somehow salvage this thing.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #523
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
That's totally impossible.
- sure thing buddy -
Old 04-21-2009, 04:35 AM   #524
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

seems were not the only ones who see the inconsistency

http://watch.tsn.ca/off-the-record/#clip163196

and heres the timonen hit vs downie hit, both of which i thought were good hits, BUT if you call one you have to call the other

http://watch.tsn.ca/off-the-record/#clip163198

Last edited by chadta; 04-21-2009 at 04:38 AM..
Old 04-21-2009, 07:39 AM   #525
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Imagine that, the most penalized team in hockey - whining because their guys play dirty.

Whine whine whine whine.