The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #476
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Now that was a great game Richards short handing that goal on a Rangers 5 on 3 was awesome. Even Biron held it together today...excellent all around.

I frickin' hate the Rangers, it's always great to see them get slapped around like that.
I concur---
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #477
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i think i enjoyed todays game even more the watching pissburg meltdown last night
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #478
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Flyers are kicking ass!
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #479
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Flyers are kicking ass!
pft it was only the queens, and we didnt exactly stomp them, we coulda just as easily lost that one.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #480
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

I give credit to the Flyers, their PK unit is top notch. Thankfully we have Murray implementing the same system.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:05 AM   #481
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i think the success of the flyers pk this year may change the way alot of teams kill penalties, i mean 17 or whatever short handed goals, and a pretty decent percentage, pressure works, i just wish they would play that aggressive 5 on 5.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #482
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
pft it was only the queens, and we didnt exactly stomp them, we coulda just as easily lost that one.
I was talking more about winning 4 out of the last 5, but point taken.

Not sure I feel good about waiving Metropolit because of Briere's return though
Old 02-27-2009, 04:44 AM   #483
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

no choice, were up against the cap
Old 03-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #484
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Briere out AGAIN!!!

Looks like Nitty blew his chance at taking the number 1 spot again with a putrid performance against the Flames. Marty looked great against the Preds tonight.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #485
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Been seeing a lot of the Flyers on TV as of late.....very nice.

Good game against Buffalo the other night and I just love beating the Pens, especially when they wear those faggy powder blue Charger throwbacks and the announcers can't get off Crosby's & Malkin's junk long enough to call the game down the middle. Biron has looked strong as well.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #486
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i dunno whats better, b**** slappin the pens, or doing the same thing to the devils the next night. When did marty biron turn into marty brodeur, wow hes playin playoff hockey
Old 03-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #487
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
i dunno whats better, b**** slappin the pens, or doing the same thing to the devils the next night. When did marty biron turn into marty brodeur, wow hes playin playoff hockey
It's about freakin' time...I've been hard on Marty's play this season, but the guy is taking it up a notch and playing solid when it counts.

F the Devils.....I hate those bastards, always have, always will.

Just bring on the faggy Pens and their media darling superstars, we'll bury them. I'm ready, let's rock!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #488
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
It's about freakin' time...I've been hard on Marty's play this season, but the guy is taking it up a notch and playing solid when it counts.

F the Devils.....I hate those bastards, always have, always will.

Just bring on the faggy Pens and their media darling superstars, we'll bury them. I'm ready, let's rock!
Marty proved last season he can be a money goalie. I just hope it wasnt a fluke.
We have the offense, no doubt. Not 1 team is deeper then the Flyers offensively. I like our D as well, although there are times when I wonder what a couple of them are doing.
The question, as always with the Flyers come playoff time, will be goaltending. last year Biron stood on his freaking head. We just lost to a better Pitts team. We were also very very green.
This whole thing hinges on Marty. If he plays like he did last year, I'll be sitting at a Cup finals game this season.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #489
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Love that sea of orange
Old 03-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #490
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Last night sucked....I'd hate to see them overtaken by Carolina
Old 03-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #491
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,151055
Old 03-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #492
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Currently sitting fourth in the Eastern Conference, the Philadelphia Flyers have had a relatively quiet, but successful season.

(Have any Flyers been suspended at all this season? Somewhere inside the NHL offices in New York, Gary Bettman is patting himself on the back after his talking-to of the team after last season's suspension party on Broad Street.)

Keep in mind that looking at the standings today, it might seem as if the Flyers are battling for that fourth spot at first glance; but they also have a couple of games in hand over the Pittsburgh Penguins, New York Rangers, and Carolina Hurricanes, the teams chasing them.

With the way that goaltender Martin Biron has been playing of late (6-3 in his last nine starts, despite last night's loss to the Florida Panthers) and a now-finally healthy Daniel (sorry, Danny) Briere back in the lineup, that's enough to have the New Jersey Devils at least be looking over their shoulders a bit, should they slip up in the final nine games of the season.

Are the Flyers the best dark-horse contender in the Eastern Conference?

The return of Briere has now made an already deep Flyers lineup deeper and comes at the perfect time of the season as he told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun:

"That's been my focus, especially since the last surgery in January, my focus has been on the stretch drive and the playoffs," said Briere, who is in the second season of an eight-year deal. "The best part of the season is still ahead of me."

[...]

"We have three very dangerous scoring lines that can hurt you at any given time," Briere said. "With my comeback and the emergence of [rookie] Claude Giroux, it makes us a little more complete."

More complete, and with added firepower to the NHL's seventh highest scoring team.

With their deep lineup, the key cog in the Flyers playoff run will again be goaltender Biron. After years of playing the backup role in Buffalo, Biron is finally emerging as a solid No. 1 and experiencing the playoffs for the first time last season, he's again a contender for this year's annual "hot playoff goalie."

After dispatching the Washington Capitals in a first-round, seven-game series and then upsetting the number one seed Montreal Canadiens, Biron's gas tank ran out as Philadelphia was blown away by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference Final. With a year's playoff experience and an improved defense corps, including a healthy Kimmo Timonen, who's to say that the Flyers can't make a run again? This time though, not so surprisingly.

The 31-year old Biron will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, so you know he wants a raise from his current $3.5 million/year deal.

With the Flyers signing 27-year old Swedish goaltender Johan Backlund yesterday, it's Biron's crease to earn in the long-term -- if his play down the stretch can show the Philadelphia brass he's worthy of the investment.

Related: Claude Giroux, Kimmo Timonen, Martin Biron, Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Panthers, Montreal Canadiens, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #493
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Currently sitting fourth in the Eastern Conference, the Philadelphia Flyers have had a relatively quiet, but successful season.

(Have any Flyers been suspended at all this season? Somewhere inside the NHL offices in New York, Gary Bettman is patting himself on the back after his talking-to of the team after last season's suspension party on Broad Street.)

Keep in mind that looking at the standings today, it might seem as if the Flyers are battling for that fourth spot at first glance; but they also have a couple of games in hand over the Pittsburgh Penguins, New York Rangers, and Carolina Hurricanes, the teams chasing them.

With the way that goaltender Martin Biron has been playing of late (6-3 in his last nine starts, despite last night's loss to the Florida Panthers) and a now-finally healthy Daniel (sorry, Danny) Briere back in the lineup, that's enough to have the New Jersey Devils at least be looking over their shoulders a bit, should they slip up in the final nine games of the season.

Are the Flyers the best dark-horse contender in the Eastern Conference?

The return of Briere has now made an already deep Flyers lineup deeper and comes at the perfect time of the season as he told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun:

"That's been my focus, especially since the last surgery in January, my focus has been on the stretch drive and the playoffs," said Briere, who is in the second season of an eight-year deal. "The best part of the season is still ahead of me."

[...]

"We have three very dangerous scoring lines that can hurt you at any given time," Briere said. "With my comeback and the emergence of [rookie] Claude Giroux, it makes us a little more complete."

More complete, and with added firepower to the NHL's seventh highest scoring team.

With their deep lineup, the key cog in the Flyers playoff run will again be goaltender Biron. After years of playing the backup role in Buffalo, Biron is finally emerging as a solid No. 1 and experiencing the playoffs for the first time last season, he's again a contender for this year's annual "hot playoff goalie."

After dispatching the Washington Capitals in a first-round, seven-game series and then upsetting the number one seed Montreal Canadiens, Biron's gas tank ran out as Philadelphia was blown away by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference Final. With a year's playoff experience and an improved defense corps, including a healthy Kimmo Timonen, who's to say that the Flyers can't make a run again? This time though, not so surprisingly.

The 31-year old Biron will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, so you know he wants a raise from his current $3.5 million/year deal.

With the Flyers signing 27-year old Swedish goaltender Johan Backlund yesterday, it's Biron's crease to earn in the long-term -- if his play down the stretch can show the Philadelphia brass he's worthy of the investment.

Related: Claude Giroux, Kimmo Timonen, Martin Biron, Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Panthers, Montreal Canadiens, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals
The NHL network chanel 215 on direct Tv is replaying game 7 of the 1987 stanley cup finals--great stuff despite our loss! Brian Propp, Tim Kerr, Ilka sinasalo, Mark Howe, Peter Zezel--man the memories! They are showing the Philly 57 broadcast too--
Old 03-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #494
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
The NHL network chanel 215 on direct Tv is replaying game 7 of the 1987 stanley cup finals--great stuff despite our loss! Brian Propp, Tim Kerr, Ilka sinasalo, Mark Howe, Peter Zezel--man the memories! They are showing the Philly 57 broadcast too--

Ilka scora goala!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #495
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Way to choke up home ice--We are gonna be 1 and done this year folks.............we need to trade Brierre for a goalie this off-season
Old 04-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #496
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

well be fine, dont worry
Old 04-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #497
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
Way to choke up home ice--We are gonna be 1 and done this year folks.............we need to trade Brierre for a goalie this off-season
I dont think trading Briere is the answer. Besides, he doesn't have the value that would bring in a Top tier Goalie. Besides, there are decent Goalies becoming FA's this upcoming season.

I hate saying this, but I am leaning towards believing we are one and done as well. The Pens are a TERRIBLE matchup for us. And, not having hoe ice will be a major factor in this series. The Pens and Devils were the 2 worst matchups for us. I'm not entirely doom and gloom but I hate it right now.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #498
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
I dont think trading Briere is the answer. Besides, he doesn't have the value that would bring in a Top tier Goalie. Besides, there are decent Goalies becoming FA's this upcoming season.

I hate saying this, but I am leaning towards believing we are one and done as well. The Pens are a TERRIBLE matchup for us. And, not having hoe ice will be a major factor in this series. The Pens and Devils were the 2 worst matchups for us. I'm not entirely doom and gloom but I hate it right now.
IMO, this will be a fun and exciting series against you guys. It will go 6 or 7 games. Could go either way.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #499
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

I can't believe they blew home ice...

The Pens?

"I hate those guys"
Old 04-13-2009, 04:35 AM   #500
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Bully View Post
I don;t get it..you'll have to forgive me, I don;t get the gloom and doom. I don;t understand the 'it's over' crap that's festering all over the internet right now..

45-28-9, 99 points, 25-13-3 home, 20-15-6 away, 264 GF, 239 GA
44-27-11, 99 points, 24-13-4 home, 20-14-7 away, 264 GF, 238 GA

So someone tell me what makes the Pens so unbeatable? What makes them so worrisome?

Is it the win streak? Caps last year were the only team to go into the playoffs with more then 3 wins in a row...how'd they do?

The last 10 games they went 7-2-1 ohh so scary, right?

Beat the Kings, Flames, Rangers, Devils, Lightning, Islanders and Canadiens
OT loss to the Canes
and a loss to the Panthers and oh yeah Flyers.

3 game win streak? Lightning, Islanders, Habs forgive for not being impressed.

Is it MAF?

MAF: 62 games, 35-18-7, 2.67 GAA, .912 SV%, 4 SO, 1850 Shots
Marty: 55 games, 29-19-5, 2.76 GAA, .915 SV%, 2 SO, 1718 Shots

You'll have to forgive me for not getting on the blame Marty band wagon. For as up or down as the guy has been he sure hangs in with all the names people like to throw around by the numbers...

It sure as hell can;t be an issue with scoring - the Flyers are as deep as the Pens when it comes to putting pucks in the net..

Is it defense? Really would anyone trade the Flyers blueline for the Pens?!

In the immortal words of Charles De Mar
"Buck up little camper, we'll beat that slope together."

i did not write this post, it was written by rev bully of the o and b board, but it hits the nail on the head, both teams are so equal its gonna come down to who wants it more.