The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
BizzyBone7
*#27*

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert
Default CDs in your player now

What are some of ure cds u have in ure stereo and car right now....mine are

Home stereo-
Twista- Kamikaze
Makavelli (2pac)- 7 day theory
A mic cd
Murphy Lee- Murphys Law
Graveyard Shift- Still waters
Krayzie Bone- THug on da line
Dead Prez- Get free or die tryin
Jay Z- The black album

Car stereo-
A mix (in the player, rest are what i usually listen to)
Bizzy Bone- The gift
Cap-one- tHeory of life
Cap-one- Through the eyes of a don
DSGB- Til Death do us part (pastor troys group)
Bone thugs n harmony_ Thug world order

Bathroom player-
L Burna- THug by Nature

for me my car stereo is the highest honor, because thats where i lsiten to most of my music. My room stereo i listen to alot but not as much as my car one.
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2004, 06:33 PM   #2
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Well, lessee...This weeks playlist has been like this:

Maxeen....."Maxeen"
The Swamp Rats ..."Disco Still Sucks"
The Rhinos...."Year Of The Rhinos"
The Doors...."Boot Yer Butt"
Chris Whitley..... "Live at Martyrs' "
Link Wray......"Barbed Wire"
Teenage Fanclub..."Songs From Northern Britian"
The Pietasters..."Willis"

Plus I've been working on making up a compilation of local legend Armand Schaubroeck's work for myself as well as burning a copy of Dreams So Real's first album "Fathers House" which has criminally never appeared on CD.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:17 PM   #3
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

I've been playing my Dire Straits mp3's all week. God there is nothing like soothing licks to set the tone for the week. Mark Knopfler is a master. I sure can appreciate a good guitarist without getting to the point of saying "I could do that" or attempting to learn the technique. I guess I'm just a music appreciater rather than creator...

I love the self-titled album, "Communique", "Making Movies" so much.
I have them on Mp3 so, I always end up listening to all of them back-to-back.
I've been really digging the work of Ottomar Liebert lately as well... good stuff.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:46 AM   #4
TheNextStep
The Enemy Within

At home:
1. Sam Cooke - The Best of Sam Cooke
2. Jackie Wilson - The Very Best of Jackie Wilson
3. Bowling For Soup - Drunk Enough To Dance

In the car:
1. Bob Seger - Bob Seger's Greatest Hits Vol 2

At work:
1. I've pretty much got Brand New's single "Sic Transit Gloria" on constant repeat through Yahoo. I'll probably go buy the CD this week. I've also been listening to T.I.'s "Rubberband Man" though not as much as the other. Dig the single but probably won't throw my money at the CD.
TheNextStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:27 PM   #5
BizzyBone7
*#27*

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextStep
I've also been listening to T.I.'s "Rubberband Man" though not as much as the other. Dig the single but probably won't throw my money at the CD.
its an alright cd. nothing that special but that song is good
Old 02-07-2004, 12:28 PM   #6
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Home: Pink Floyd - Animals; Johnny Cash - Unearthed, Tribe Called Quest - Low End theory; Doors - Absolutley live; Down - Down II (a bustle in your hedgerow)

Car: Corrosion of Conformity - Deliverance, Primus - Suck on this, Cream - Wheels of fire - u2 the joshua tree -
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 03:26 AM   #7
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Michael Landau--"Tales from the Bulge"

Karizma--"Forever in the Arms of Love"

Carl Verheyen--"Garage Sale"

Tribal Tech--"Reality Check"

John Coltrane--Giant Steps

Miles Davis--E.S.P.

Led Zeppelin--Houses of the Holy
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:53 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

"The Essential Leonard Cohen"

"Love and Theft" Bob Dylan

"All Things Must Pass" George Harrison

"Buffalo Springfield Again"

"The Armadillo and the Ant" Leo Kotke
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 01:40 PM   #9
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Wow LABF..I'm impressed! Coltrane and Miles...you just don't run into too many jazzbeards these days......Kudos to you sir! I also love ESP..great offering from the immortal Miles.

Ro...I don't run across many Leonard Cohen fans either...He's a very interesting guy IMO.

I wish they would come up with a definitive George Harrison career collection...ATMP is a classic no doubt, but I can get along without half of it's material and much of the Dark Horse catalog has sadly gone out of print (even though many were hit and miss affairs, when a single stuck..it stuck).

and Buffalo Springfield...tragically overlooked these days...if anyone reading this doesn't know them, you should...get their three cd's ASAP...you won't be disappointed, that's a guarentee.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:58 PM   #10
TheNextStep
The Enemy Within

Picked up some new stuff...

Robert Randolph & The Family Band - "Unclassified"
--I've been wearing this one out and recommending it to everyone I know. Great, great, great album. The guy is a pedal steel guitar player and he's just straight up off the hook! Most steel players that I've heard have been in the country genre (yes, I like country music) and I had no idea that this kind of sound could even be done on that instrument. Its a blues/funk vibe; all of it very positive and the majority of it up-tempo. A very fun record to listen to. If you watched the Grammys, Robert Randolph & The Family Band were the guys sandwiched in between Outkast and Parliament Funkadelic... and blew them off the stage.

Liz Phair - Liz Phair
--Decent album with lots of easy hooks. After years of toiling on that edge of "critical darling" I guess this is her "make money record" (as Blues Traveller did with "Four" or Spin Doctors did with "Pocket Full Of Kryponite"). If you dig Phair a whole lot, you'll be disappointed. If you like accessible rock, its not bad (and "Why Can't I" is a great single). I don't recommend it nearly as heartily as I do Robert Randolph.

Brand New - Deja Entendu
-- "Sic Transit Gloria" is an absolutely killer single... and the rest of the record is pretty much nothing at all like it. Its alright... but certainly not what I expected.

Last edited by TheNextStep; 02-19-2004 at 02:01 PM..
Old 02-19-2004, 02:40 PM   #11
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Incubus, POD, A Perfect Circle
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 04:10 PM   #12
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextStep
Liz Phair - Liz Phair
--Decent album with lots of easy hooks. After years of toiling on that edge of "critical darling" I guess this is her "make money record" (as Blues Traveller did with "Four" or Spin Doctors did with "Pocket Full Of Kryponite"). If you dig Phair a whole lot, you'll be disappointed. If you like accessible rock, its not bad (and "Why Can't I" is a great single). I don't recommend it nearly as heartily as I do Robert Randolph.
I panned this cd as one of the worst of 2003.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh in that assesment...but I have been into Phair since "Guyville" and this just sounded like Avril Lavigne to me (who it can be argued is a third rate Phair imtation herself)....so I was greatly disappointed with this one....I guess she just needed the cash.

The cover photos however and the "Why Can't I" video are not to be missed by any red blooded US male....
Old 02-19-2004, 05:21 PM   #13
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Every TOOL CD(every one makes a rotation at least once a week)
Spineshank - Self-Destructive Pattern
I'm ready to get drilled by RHogan for saying this but...Limp Bizkit - results may very
and Korn- take a look inot the mirror

Just curious, but has anyone else been digging The Darkness? I'm about to go and get their Permission to Land CD, they come to town on March 30th and the damn thing is already sold out, bout to go on ebay to try and get some tickets.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:33 PM   #14
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenFan38
Every TOOL CD(every one makes a rotation at least once a week)
Spineshank - Self-Destructive Pattern
I'm ready to get drilled by RHogan for saying this but...Limp Bizkit - results may very
and Korn- take a look inot the mirror

Just curious, but has anyone else been digging The Darkness? I'm about to go and get their Permission to Land CD, they come to town on March 30th and the damn thing is already sold out, bout to go on ebay to try and get some tickets.
I won't drill you for Limp Bizkit (this time) Den...but I will drill you for The Darkness...that band totally sucks. That vocalist can shatter glass with that ultragay falsetto and the whole thing smacks as a retro to the very worst of the 70's excess....and I haven't even mentioned that video of theirs yet...that thing isn't even funny...it's just plain bad.

Trust me, go with Jet instead if you want that kinda thing...hey, would your VP ever steer you wrong??
Old 02-19-2004, 05:48 PM   #15
FADERPROOF

Jet does sound very cool, heard that cold hard b**** song the other day, makings of a good one to my ears.

But I have to disagree on the Darkness, these guys just kick ass. It's funny yet serious type stuff, retro rock that brings back the arena style 80's hair bands. Maybe I'm just living in the past, but I just always digged the 80's rock with bands like whitesake, twisted sister, the scorpions, and Poison. I laugh everytime I see that video, nothing like a giant crab throwing a boulder and a giant squid trying to attack the band to get people to notice.

I don't really like Limp Bizkit much, I just got their CD because I heard Eat you Alive and figured that maybe the whole CD would be like that song since they got a new guitarist, but I was really dissapointed, so dissapointed that I almost wanted Wes back on guitars for me(I just didn't like that guy at all.)

Oh well, hopefully in a few years or so you'll hear about this band from Cleveland with a guy on drums that looks awefully like DF38, we'll right the Rock ship.

I've been digging Evanescence also, as crazy as that sounds.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:08 PM   #16
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Jet does sound very cool, heard that cold hard b**** song the other day, makings of a good one to my ears.

But I have to disagree on the Darkness, these guys just kick ass. It's funny yet serious type stuff, retro rock that brings back the arena style 80's hair bands. Maybe I'm just living in the past, but I just always digged the 80's rock with bands like whitesake, twisted sister, the scorpions, and Poison. I laugh everytime I see that video, nothing like a giant crab throwing a boulder and a giant squid trying to attack the band to get people to notice.
Yeah, Jet is pretty cool...no question about it.

None of those bands you mentioned have a voice of a castrated man in front of them though....ruins every hack song on the cd....oh sure the bands you mention all do the operetic metal thing vocally on occasion...but not to that degree...I haven't heard vocals that bad since happening into early Sparks by mistake (if anyone reading has ever heard that sh*t, you know what I'm talking about.... )...

Just do me and the world a favor Den....don't sound anything like The Darkness when coming out to right the Rock ship....you can do better than that I'm sure.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:36 PM   #17
TheNextStep
The Enemy Within

I like Jet a lot. They sound like they could have been the opening band for Bad Company back in the mid-70s... and I dig that about them.

The Darkness... well... I think that "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" is catchy and I dig it a little bit. But... I tried to listen to some of their other stuff and it is horrible. Just horrible. And I agree with RHogan that the vocals are what absolutely make it unlistenable. While it works on "I Believe..." I'd rather dive into a swimming pool filled with double edged razor blades than listen to an entire CD worth of it...
Old 02-19-2004, 09:17 PM   #18
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I have....

Black Rebel Motorcycle club

Buddy Miles (best of)

Dave Weckle

Portrait of an american family (going old school manson)

RadioHead - KidA
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 12:50 AM   #19
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Wow LABF..I'm impressed! Coltrane and Miles...you just don't run into too many jazzbeards these days......Kudos to you sir! I also love ESP..great offering from the immortal Miles.

Thank you, sir.

"Giant Steps" by John Coltrane is definitely one of the most difficult pieces of music (in any genre) for any musician to play. Difficult chord changes based on a cycle of major third modulations and a brutally fast tempo (MM=>200!)

BTW, have you seen the "Miles Davis Story" DVD?

It's slammin'! (Got my copy at Tower Records for only ten bucks.)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 10:27 AM   #20
BroncoMatt
The Blizzard Man

Check My Style Out

every time I hear that song by the darkness I look around to see if any martians heads are exploding
BroncoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 12:39 PM   #21
FADERPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHogan
Yeah, Jet is pretty cool...no question about it.

None of those bands you mentioned have a voice of a castrated man in front of them though....ruins every hack song on the cd....oh sure the bands you mention all do the operetic metal thing vocally on occasion...but not to that degree...I haven't heard vocals that bad since happening into early Sparks by mistake (if anyone reading has ever heard that sh*t, you know what I'm talking about.... )...

Just do me and the world a favor Den....don't sound anything like The Darkness when coming out to right the Rock ship....you can do better than that I'm sure.
No prob about the whole sdounding like the Darkness thing, I'm more of the odd one of the group, the others are just diehard Metallica fans and we sound, well try to sound, something along the lines of them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Darkness as a one hit wonder with I believe in a thing called love, but I think it's a good one and if it's their only hit then so be it.

Also getting into Unloco, saw them in concert last March at the music as a weapon tour(Chevelle, Taproot, and Disturbed were the other performers) and been kind into their music since.

As the Rock 'N Roll historian and VP, what are your thoughts on Evanescence? I didn't like them much when they came out, but now I'm rather into them, plus lead singer Amy is really damn hot which is always a plus. Just curious what you have to say on them, their from Little Rock as well, not exactly the rock 'n roll hotbed of the world.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:33 PM   #22
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
As the Rock 'N Roll historian and VP, what are your thoughts on Evanescence? I didn't like them much when they came out, but now I'm rather into them, plus lead singer Amy is really damn hot which is always a plus. Just curious what you have to say on them, their from Little Rock as well, not exactly the rock 'n roll hotbed of the world.
She is hot, I'll give you that. To be honest though, I really don't pay much attention to too much metal these days...I was always more of an alternative type of guy but I do keep in touch since a few of my friends travel in the metal vein...So I really haven't heard enough to actually give an informed comment on them....how about Opeth? Those guys I know love them.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:34 PM   #23
BizzyBone7
*#27*

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert

Quote:
im primarily a hip hop fan...but i recently bought the evanesence cd. i was amazed, every song pretty much was very well done. theres only 11 songs which is the only downfall, but its a very good cd
Old 02-21-2004, 01:44 PM   #24
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

hmmm, lets see what is in the vault this week:

Susperia- Predominance
Lamb of God- As the palaces burn
Akercocke- Choronzon
Old Mans Child- In defiance of existence
Chimaira- The impossibility of reason
Meshuggah- Nothing
Dimmu Borgir- Death Cult Armageddon
Detachment- Suspended in stone
Pain- Nothing remains the same
The Black Dahlia Murder- Unhallowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBone7
im primarily a hip hop fan...but i recently bought the evanesence cd. i was amazed, every song pretty much was very well done. theres only 11 songs which is the only downfall, but its a very good cd

that band is nothing man. you need to check out LACUNA COIL. theyve been doing it longer and are much, much better. check out the album Comalies.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 01:55 PM   #25
BizzyBone7
*#27*

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis_Zyklon
that band is nothing man. you need to check out LACUNA COIL. theyve been doing it longer and are much, much better. check out the album Comalies.
ive heard mixed reviews about Evanescence...i like that cd, but people say they didnt. ive heard more people say they liked it than they didnt tho.

Ive never heard of Lacuna COil. i dont like real hard rock, like i said i listen to hip hop mainly, but i like all kidns of music. can u compare them to a band out there?