The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Tailgate Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default Helpful Tailgate Hints...

What has worked well for you or what hasn't? List your "hints" here!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Always prep your food the day before.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Although my wife thinks I'm nuts, I can't tell you how many times my "little spreadsheet" has saved me.
It covers everthing from supplies, ingredients, drinks, propane, tickets, foul weather gear,.....etc......
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
KYChamp24
Solid Starter

#1 Fan in Kentucky.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Check the Beer sales laws in the state....many places don't sell on Sunday or if they do it's later in the day...
KYChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #5
Easystreet
Szar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYChamp24 View Post
Check the Beer sales laws in the state....many places don't sell on Sunday or if they do it's later in the day...
We can buy beer on Sundays in CO now, and there was much rejoicing, yay
Easystreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
broncoblue
english not british!!

Passport and money for beer and then meet the maners agin
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

make sure you know if they are playing home or away first......
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bleed orange and blue View Post
make sure you know if they are playing home or away first......
Find your hotel first and contact some locals or internet for the best sports bars/ places to meet up. When people ask what can they bring think of the essential little things. Trash bags, paperplates, condiments, ICE grill etc. Think of something that makes the group easy to find. Bronco flags, balloons a Raider flag with a big burn hole through it. If your outta town make friends with the parkers. They may help directiing your guys to the tailgate and let you all park together. Give them some donuts and coffee when you get there.
Cleanup and leave the lot as good as you found it. That way they don't have gestapo cops telling you all the rules and busting your chops all afternoon. March in to the stadium together. let the kids facepaint people. Bring business cards as you may meet a few new friends.
ol number 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
Meck77

Don't count on tailgating in LOT R anymore. (archie and crew)

Regional Transportation District (light rail) took it. Sorry fellas.

LOT C Tailgating will go away in a few years. Probably around 2012 (when Decatur light rail station opens).
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:28 AM   #10
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post

LOT C Tailgating will go away in a few years. Probably around 2012 (when Decatur light rail station opens).
Old 02-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #11
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:

Alright. Trade the bus for a Blimp. Let's see if RTD controls the airspace over Invesco.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol number 7 View Post
Alright. Trade the bus for a Blimp. Let's see if RTD controls the airspace over Invesco.

Not a bad idea...lol

We'd probably get shot down by military knowing my recent luck with tailgate locations.

I do have a new plan in the cooker though.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #13
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:

Not a bad idea...lol

We'd probably get shot down by military knowing my recent luck with tailgate locations.

I do have a new plan in the cooker though.
Sounds like you got your FIRE back! I love it!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #14
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:

RTD moved in already? Where are you relocating to Archie?

What is this new plan you speak of Meck??
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

I know these are dumb and obvious..........but i cant beleive how many people don't do the little things.

1. Be on time......If you tell your fellow partiers you are going to be in LOT X at 10AM BE THERE! There is no easier way to spoil a good time than by being late........plus all the good spots will be gone too.

2. Have plenty of food. Always bring more than what you expect you will need. You want your fellow tailgaters feeling full and happy......and not worried about if they are allowed to have a second hotdog.

3. Have food thats "ready to eat" without any cooking. Give your guests something to munch on while the main course(s) are on the grill.

4. As TGN mentioned above.......prep all the food you can. If you want to slow cook ribs and use your special sauce on them......by all means go ahead.........but do it the day before. No one wants to wait 14 hours for your special ribs.

5. have multiple drinks avaliable.........not everyone drinks beer.....Have pop (soda for you non-ohioans), water, even juice.

6. Have a source of entertainment. A tv, cornhole, a lingerie contest, ect...... tailgating is fun, socializing is fun, but entertainment makes the time go by smoother.

7. Remember not everyone likes what you like.....so bring a variety of foods (even something without meat)

8. Pitch in........you don't have to bring food, or money, but if you don't make sure you at least help clean up.

9. Know the lot rules. Many lots don't allow tailgating, some cities don't even allow alcohol in the lots. Make sure you know the rules.......no one wants a ticket, or even worse.....to be watching the game on a tv in a cell with a guy names tiny.

10. Be careful about how you treat opposing fans......I can't tell you how many times I have seen windows broken out, or worse because some fan gave an opposing fan a hard time in the lots. (this is especially true if you are the away team!) Razzing os one thing, but keep it civil.
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #16
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bleed orange and blue View Post
I know these are dumb and obvious..........but i cant beleive how many people don't do the little things.

1. Be on time......If you tell your fellow partiers you are going to be in LOT X at 10AM BE THERE! There is no easier way to spoil a good time than by being late........plus all the good spots will be gone too.

2. Have plenty of food. Always bring more than what you expect you will need. You want your fellow tailgaters feeling full and happy......and not worried about if they are allowed to have a second hotdog.

3. Have food thats "ready to eat" without any cooking. Give your guests something to munch on while the main course(s) are on the grill.

4. As TGN mentioned above.......prep all the food you can. If you want to slow cook ribs and use your special sauce on them......by all means go ahead.........but do it the day before. No one wants to wait 14 hours for your special ribs.

5. have multiple drinks avaliable.........not everyone drinks beer.....Have pop (soda for you non-ohioans), water, even juice.

6. Have a source of entertainment. A tv, cornhole, a lingerie contest, ect...... tailgating is fun, socializing is fun, but entertainment makes the time go by smoother.

7. Remember not everyone likes what you like.....so bring a variety of foods (even something without meat)

8. Pitch in........you don't have to bring food, or money, but if you don't make sure you at least help clean up.

9. Know the lot rules. Many lots don't allow tailgating, some cities don't even allow alcohol in the lots. Make sure you know the rules.......no one wants a ticket, or even worse.....to be watching the game on a tv in a cell with a guy names tiny.

10. Be careful about how you treat opposing fans......I can't tell you how many times I have seen windows broken out, or worse because some fan gave an opposing fan a hard time in the lots. (this is especially true if you are the away team!) Razzing os one thing, but keep it civil.
Remember : We got the best looking chics in the lot so some fans get jealous. Like KC where the wifes and GF's look like Willie Roaf.Wives out eat the guys at the BBQ. Arrowhead : where you can find Pabst Blue Ribbon at the concession stand and watch hunting and fishing with Bill Dance while your in line. Ushers wear Camo so they blend in with the crowd.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: