The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #551
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead
 
MechanicalBull's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,797
Default

I love it how it says that Cedrirc Benson is another possible Franchise Tag possibility for the Bengals. There is no way this guy gets tagged and paid top 5 money.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #552
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,901
Default

If Wiegman deal can not get done these are the two C that we should look at:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...agent-centers/

Matt Birk Minnesota, 32; 6-4, 308; 5.38; 1998; 6th round (173rd overall); Joseph Linta — Veteran player who can still play solid football. He could help anchor a young line in transition.

Geoff Hangartner, Carolina, 26; 6-5, 301; 5.32; 2005; 5th round (169th overall); Leonard Roth – Is still young and has played, but needs the right team. (ties to the new OC)
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #553
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalBull View Post
I love it how it says that Cedrirc Benson is another possible Franchise Tag possibility for the Bengals. There is no way this guy gets tagged and paid top 5 money.
Funny but he was the 4th pick in the draft by Duh Bears a couple of years ago.

They had Thomas Jones at the time and the pick made no sense at all.

I ragged on the guy to my Bears Buddies, I called him Curtis Buston but I thought he was starting to play well before he went down during the Bear Bronco game.

I am kinda glad for the guy that he caught on somewhere.

I could see the bungles making the move if they cannot negotiate or do not want to negotiate a long term deal just yet.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:35 AM   #554
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Funny but he was the 4th pick in the draft by Duh Bears a couple of years ago.

They had Thomas Jones at the time and the pick made no sense at all.

I ragged on the guy to my Bears Buddies, I called him Curtis Buston but I thought he was starting to play well before he went down during the Bear Bronco game.

I am kinda glad for the guy that he caught on somewhere.

I could see the bungles making the move if they cannot negotiate or do not want to negotiate a long term deal just yet.
Dude, he ran for 747 yards with a 3.5 average. If the Bengals tag him, they deserve all the **** that's gone wrong for them since that Pittsburgh playoffs game.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #555
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,600
Default

Broncos | C. Bailey injury update
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 07:13:27 -0800
Bill Williamson, of ESPN.com, reports Denver Broncos CB Champ Bailey (elbow) is recovering well from elbow surgery and is expected to be ready for training camp.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #556
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,600
Default

Broncos' free agents not drawing much interest
By Dan Parr
Feb. 14, 2009

The Broncos have 11 players who will become free agents Feb. 27, but the team is in no hurry to re-sign any of them, we hear. Team insiders say there are no high-priority players in the bunch, and it’s conceivable that none of them will be back with the team for the 2009 season. The soon-to-be free agents include mostly past-their-prime veterans and a few younger players who have had mostly nondescript careers. A few of them, including RB Michael Pittman and MLB Nate Webster, could end up back with the Broncos on short-term, low-risk deals late in the spring if no other team shows any interest and Denver still has some spending money left over. Head coach Josh McDaniels’ club will be well below the cap this offseason, and sources say they expect the team to go after at least one high-priced free agent.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:47 PM   #557
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,559
Default

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...set-to-retire/

The Bears made plans Friday to move forward without two veteran offensive players; one departure was expected but the other will surprise many.Starting right tackle John Tait has informed the team he is strongly contemplating retirement, and an NFL source said the team expects Tait will walk away from the final year of his contract in 2009.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #558
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Sirius NFL Radio reports the Jags are expected to release Fred Taylor.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #559
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Sirius NFL Radio reports the Jags are expected to release Fred Taylor.
A little more info....

JAGS CUTTING FRED TAYLOR

Posted by Mike Florio on February 16, 2009, 11:43 a.m. EST

A league source confirms for us that the Jacksonville Jaguars will be releasing on Monday veteran running back Fred Taylor.

We chased this one after receiving a tip via e-mail from a reader who said our friends at 1010XL in Jacksonville are reporting that the team will announce the move later today at a press conference.

Taylor, a first-round pick of the Jags in 1998, was due to receive a base salary of $5 million in 2009, and $6 million in 2010.

Taylor has rushed for 11,271 yards on 264 2,428 carries, good for an average of 4.6 yards.

He instantly becomes an unrestricted free agent, and he can sign with any team.

UPDATE: Per Michael C. Wright of the Florida Times-Union, the Jags made the move in order to get younger at the tailback position. The announcement will come at a 1:30 p.m. EST press event.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #560
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,559
Default

RAVENS DUMP MCALISTER

Posted by Mike Florio on February 16, 2009, 2:20 p.m. EST

On the same day that the Jaguars released a first-round pick from the 1998 draft, the Ravens have done the same thing, albeit with less fanfare, to a first-rounder from the following year.

Per a league source, the Ravens have parted ways with cornerback Chris McAlister.

The move comes as little surprise, given that McAlister was due to earn base salaries of $8 million in each of the next three seasons.

McAlister played in only six games last season before hearing to the injured reserve list. He was benched at one point by coach John Harbaugh after violating the team’s dress code.

The ten-year veteran was the first draft choice of the Brian Billick era.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #561
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,559
Default

Jets get late future pick to close book on Favre… Assuming veteran QB Brett Favre stays retired, Green Bay will owe the New York Jets a 7th round pick at the 2010 to complete the trade in which the Jets acquired the future Hall-of-Famer last summer. The Packers will still receive a 3rd rounder from the Jets at this year’s draft as the main compensation for Favre who announced he will be retiring earlier this month. The provision attached to the deal which would require the Jets to give the Packers three first-round picks if they were ever to trade Favre to an NFC North team still stands.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #562
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
RAVENS DUMP MCALISTER

Posted by Mike Florio on February 16, 2009, 2:20 p.m. EST

On the same day that the Jaguars released a first-round pick from the 1998 draft, the Ravens have done the same thing, albeit with less fanfare, to a first-rounder from the following year.

Per a league source, the Ravens have parted ways with cornerback Chris McAlister.

The move comes as little surprise, given that McAlister was due to earn base salaries of $8 million in each of the next three seasons.

McAlister played in only six games last season before hearing to the injured reserve list. He was benched at one point by coach John Harbaugh after violating the team’s dress code.

The ten-year veteran was the first draft choice of the Brian Billick era.
Mcallister would be a nice pickup
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #563
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,589

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Mcallister would be a nice pickup
to be immediately followed by 100 posts complaining about how the Broncos only pick up injury-riddled players.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #564
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,559
Default

The Cincinnati Bengals have used their designated franchise tag, and it's not on the player some expected.

On Monday, the team tagged kicker Shayne Graham for the 2009 season. Graham will be paid $2.483 million, the average salary of the top five kickers in the NFL from the previous season to remain in a Bengal uniform.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #565
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,559
Default

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...agent-tackles/

Notes From Lombardi: Free Agent Tackles
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #566
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Dude, he ran for 747 yards with a 3.5 average. If the Bengals tag him, they deserve all the **** that's gone wrong for them since that Pittsburgh playoffs game.
He was not on the team at the start of the season, he did not start until week 6, he did not have a game with over 20 carries until week 9 when he went over 100 yards vs Jags.
Philly was his worst game but Philly had a very good D, Bungles Oline not as good.

He popped off 171 vs Clevland and another 111 vs KFC to close out the year.

I really think the guy was clicking on a team where the expectations were not as high and he could play.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #567
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
He was not on the team at the start of the season, he did not start until week 6, he did not have a game with over 20 carries until week 9 when he went over 100 yards vs Jags.
Philly was his worst game but Philly had a very good D, Bungles Oline not as good.

He popped off 171 vs Clevland and another 111 vs KFC to close out the year.

I really think the guy was clicking on a team where the expectations were not as high and he could play.
I agree. I thought Benson was good for them, and if they're smart, they'll try to resign him.

Giving him RB franchise money, though, is insane.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #568
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,559
Default

REPORT: CARDS TO TAG DANSBY

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on February 16, 2009, 11:16 p.m.

The Cardinals are expected to hit linebacker Karlos Dansby with the franchise tag, according to NFL Network’s Adam Schefter.

The move would pay Dansby $9.6 million and prevent him from becoming a free agent next week.

Earlier this month, Dansby said he “wouldn’t mind playing in a huge market” but it doesn’t look he’ll get that chance.

Dansby, 27, has spent all five of his NFL seasons in Arizona, since the Cardinals drafted him in the second round of the 2004 draft. He had four sacks, two interceptions and a pair of forced fumbles in 2008.

As Schefter points out, franchising Dansby would mean the Cardinals can’t use the tag on Kurt Warner, which was also considered a possibility.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #569
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan
 
PFM / Kopitar

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 6,137

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound
Default

Saints | McAllister to be released
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:03:04 -0800

Mike Triplett, of The New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports the New Orleans Saints and RB Deuce McAllister officially will part ways in a joint press conference Tuesday, Feb. 17. The Saints will save more than $4 million in salary cap space with McAllister off the roster.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #570
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,960

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
Saints | McAllister to be released
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:03:04 -0800

Mike Triplett, of The New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports the New Orleans Saints and RB Deuce McAllister officially will part ways in a joint press conference Tuesday, Feb. 17. The Saints will save more than $4 million in salary cap space with McAllister off the roster.
Always loved Duece. Pity to see him get injured so much the past 2 years.
Probably done for at this point but if he came at a reasonable price I'd love to see him compete for a spot in our rotation here.
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #571
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Would anyone want Jeff Garcia as a back up QB?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #572
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Would anyone want Jeff Garcia as a back up QB?
For the right price, yes.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #573
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nćstved, DK
Posts: 11,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Would anyone want Jeff Garcia as a back up QB?
He won't sign here so that is very hypothetical.

He thinks he is a starter so he will probably go to a team that doesn't have a young pro bowl QB. Even so he is going to want a lot of money, he was not happy with his 4 million a year contract, so he is going to tough to accomodate.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #574
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Would anyone want Jeff Garcia as a back up QB?
He doesn't fit this system.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #575
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
He doesn't fit this system.
lol what system.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Denver Broncos