The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #101
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Why would we start another mock league to continue what we've been doing for years in this one? It worked just fine before, so why do we need to start changing things around.

The way I see it, getting your pick of a team is kind of a benefit to being a long time player. The Lions were not my first pick when I got started here, but I picked for them and then the 2nd year I decided to keep them ando so on...and it worked out fine.

Let the new people have the spots left over after the regulars have picked. There is enough flux with the people leaving and those who don't have a team preference to get new people involved.

It was just an idea. Im not trying to create an arguement here chief.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #102
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,843

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Understandable. See my last post. If you guys did a seperate league where everyone keeps the same teams i would get in on that.
Like I said in my last post bro, why would we run another mock just to do things the way that we've always done them in this league?

If there are people so insistent on drawing, let them start a new league. I think it would be a great idea as the noobs could start out in league #2 and then move, if they so choose, to the more established league as spots opened up.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #103
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

I am a little curious FB, did you guys have that idea set in stone the last couple of years as part of the rules?
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #104
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,843

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
It was just an idea. Im not trying to create an arguement here chief.
No arguing about it, just healthy debate if you ask me.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #105
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Like I said in my last post bro, why would we run another mock just to do things the way that we've always done them in this league?

If there are people so insistent on drawing, let them start a new league. I think it would be a great idea as the noobs could start out in league #2 and then move, if they so choose, to the more established league as spots opened up.
I would be fine with that senario as well. It could be either way, i just think it would please everyone involved. Dunno.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #106
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
No arguing about it, just healthy debate if you ask me.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #107
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,843

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
I am a little curious FB, did you guys have that idea set in stone the last couple of years as part of the rules?
The way we did it is that we'd all talk about, usually through PM's or AIM/Yahoo when it came time to start the mock. Those of us who wished to participate again would do so and pick the team if we wanted it. After that was settled we started to recruit for the spots left over and they would fill up what was left.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #108
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Ahh ok, i see.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #109
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,843

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Ahh ok, i see.
Yeah, I think it went really well. The 08 draft was very smooth.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #110
SpringStein
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 2,781
Default

Good to see Drek with the Broncos. I'll enjoy watching from the pressbox this year.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #111
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,193

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
For me personally i hardly even worry about trading picks. But, ive seen some surprising picks in the real NFL draft so the senario you posted really wouldnt piss me off so much as i would be scratching my head why someone would do that anyway.
Of course it would be stupid but if someone did that it could totaly screw up the mock and make it totaly worthless to even take serious. As far back as I been here the pick points have been used well. Its how Ive always done it and how others have been (well at least in trade pm's with me).
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #112
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Yeah, I think it went really well. The 08 draft was very smooth.
I have to admit, i never really thought of the mock's in that light. It has peaked my interest.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #113
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Bronco View Post
Of course it would be stupid but if someone did that it could totaly screw up the mock and make it totaly worthless to even take serious. As far back as I been here the pick points have been used well. Its how Ive always done it and how others have been (well at least in trade pm's with me).
Fair point.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #114
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,556

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

It's becoming increasingly clear to me that it is unfair for me to have SF and others who have specific teams that they have had in the past not get those teams.

At the outset I made a request of JCM to have SF because I generally have had that team in the past when I have participated in the draft. I informed him that it would be my preference to have them again and if not I said I would take anyone not in the AFC West. This was the wrong move on my part because it put me in the position of being able to lock in my team before anyone else and thats not right. I know people are upset about that. It is right for them to be upset. I did not think about it that way in the beginning. It is NOT JCM's fault. That's on me. I should not have even made the request.

As such, I will be dropping SF, so that someone who has asked for them the proper way, i.e. in this thread after it was announced that it was going to be through a drawing, can have them. In addition, I will not be participating in this draft because I have already caused enough problems. Let me reiterate that this is on me, not JCM, so don't give him any **** about it.
__________________


Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #115
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

That sucks.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #116
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,193

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Socal Ill give ya Atlanta if ya want em and thats on me. There is always next year and Id hate to see ya left out.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #117
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,843

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It's becoming increasingly clear to me that it is unfair for me to have SF and others who have specific teams that they have had in the past not get those teams.

At the outset I made a request of JCM to have SF because I generally have had that team in the past when I have participated in the draft. I informed him that it would be my preference to have them again and if not I said I would take anyone not in the AFC West. This was the wrong move on my part because it put me in the position of being able to lock in my team before anyone else and thats not right. I know people are upset about that. It is right for them to be upset. I did not think about it that way in the beginning. It is NOT JCM's fault. That's on me. I should not have even made the request.

As such, I will be dropping SF, so that someone who has asked for them the proper way, i.e. in this thread after it was announced that it was going to be through a drawing, can have them. In addition, I will not be participating in this draft because I have already caused enough problems. Let me reiterate that this is on me, not JCM, so don't give him any **** about it.
This is really the last thing I wanted to see happen. This is supposed to be fun for us all.

I don't fault anyone for this. You've run this draft well and JCM helped to run a very smooth draft last year. While I disagree with the rule changes, I know it was made with the best of intentions so I hold no ill will towards anyone.

Honestly, if I just knew we'd go back to the old system next year I would be happy.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #118
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

i dont want to see this happen. Socal dont drop out cause of this minor issue.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #119
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
This is really the last thing I wanted to see happen. This is supposed to be fun for us all.

I don't fault anyone for this. You've run this draft well and JCM helped to run a very smooth draft last year. While I disagree with the rule changes, I know it was made with the best of intentions so I hold no ill will towards anyone.

Honestly, if I just knew we'd go back to the old system next year I would be happy.
Agreed.Last year was probably the best draft by far being run by JCMElway, who is a great poster on here. He had the best intentions for this years draft. I just simply disagreed with the changes.

If it's possible to return to last years ways then I would rejoin in future drafts.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #120
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,843

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
i dont want to see this happen. Socal dont drop out cause of this minor issue.
I couldn't agree more. SoCal you are the one who got me into this and it's your "baby" so to speak. Just because some of us are unhappy doesn't mean you have to take a hit as well.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #121
JCMElway
Moderate-erator
 
JCMElway's Avatar
 
Dominate!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,253

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default

If someone can explain to me the hard and fast rules that have been set down for this draft, I'd be happy to go back to it next year. I've been doing this thing for four years and I've never heard of any such system. I had no idea trying to be fair to everyone would ruffle feathers, but there you have it.

If we, as a group, want to settle on a specific way to do team selection I am all for it.

Last edited by JCMElway; 02-07-2009 at 04:56 PM..
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #122
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

I really couldn't care less how teams are picked... But thats just me.

Having said that i do feel slightly ill picking for boob's team.

Last edited by TheDave; 02-07-2009 at 06:51 PM..
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #123
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Dang, Saints have no 2nd, 3rd or 5th round picks.. looks like I got some work to do.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #124
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

There are more than few of us who really love the draft and specifically the OM mock. If Socal leaves because of somebody not liking the way this played out this year, that would be a travesty of epic proportions. No one here loves this stuff like he does.

I do not get very upset anymore, but if Socal pulls out I'll be pissed. This was his baby from the start and he pulled back to let others who love it get involved in running it. Socal is the reason this thing exists in this format. I hate this right now, because he is falling on his sword to make others fell better and that is just wrong. Plain Wrong.

Besides, the draft is nowhere near as fun in the late rounds without him talking smack and trading in front of me to get that deep sleeper he knows I am targeting
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #125
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,843

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
There are more than few of us who really love the draft and specifically the OM mock. If Socal leaves because of somebody not liking the way this played out this year, that would be a travesty of epic proportions. No one here loves this stuff like he does.

I do not get very upset anymore, but if Socal pulls out I'll be pissed. This was his baby from the start and he pulled back to let others who love it get involved in running it. Socal is the reason this thing exists in this format. I hate this right now, because he is falling on his sword to make others fell better and that is just wrong. Plain Wrong.

Besides, the draft is nowhere near as fun in the late rounds without him talking smack and trading in front of me to get that deep sleeper he knows I am targeting
I agree 100% Med. Just because I got hosed out of my team doesn't mean SoCal needs to ruin his fun.

As long as we can go back to the previous system next year, I'm sure everyone will be happy. Yeah, this year is pretty much a wash for me and some others, but that's life.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Denver Broncos