The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #76
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

If there is room for one more co-drafter, I would love to get involved. Draft newbie - as in this is the first year I am really paying attention to it.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #77
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Socalorado lost his co-owner, so I'll assign you to him. Will you please PM him so you two can start a draft strategy and whatnot?
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #78
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Thank you JCM!

I look forward to this year and hope we can all help make it run smoothly.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #79
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
I tried very hard to be fair to everyone and get them a team they were interested in, even if it was not their first choice.

Next year we're going to use the "OM born on date" system to select the teams. The year after that we will do first come, first serve. Changing up the system will make things fair for vets next year, and newbs after that. It's really an impossible task to make everyone happy, but I did my best. And if anyone has any suggestions for good ways to make the selections, I welcome your input.
Why not just run things the way they were back in 07 and 08? Both of those drafts ran smooth, especially 08's, so why try fixing something that isn't broke? Especially the teams. Me and the other hard core mock drafters always got the teams we wanted and their was plenty of flux from year to year that new people could get involved if they wanted.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #80
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

LaDainian Tomlinson is officially on the trading block
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #81
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
LaDainian Tomlinson is officially on the trading block
You can only trade picks, not players.

Last edited by Florida_Bronco; 02-07-2009 at 01:02 PM..
Old 02-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #82
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
You can only trade picks, not players.
Very true and the pick values have to be close by the value of the board. Someone needs to link the value board.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #83
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Bronco View Post
Very true and the pick values have to be close by the value of the board. Someone needs to link the value board.
I don't know about the value thing, is this some new rule or something?
Old 02-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #84
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Why not just run things the way they were back in 07 and 08? Both of those drafts ran smooth, especially 08's, so why try fixing something that isn't broke? Especially the teams. Me and the other hard core mock drafters always got the teams we wanted and their was plenty of flux from year to year that new people could get involved if they wanted.

Probably because some other people may want to draft for Denver and the likes. I have no problem with mixing it up. It really isnt all that fun if the same people get the same teams every year. This kind of thing shouldnt be exclusive to certain members only.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #85
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
I don't know about the value thing, is this some new rule or something?
No we always relied on the value board's points to trade ill try to find it.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #86
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Probably because some other people may want to draft for Denver and the likes. I have no problem with mixing it up. It really isnt all that fun if the same people get the same teams every year. This kind of thing shouldnt be exclusive to certain members only.
Ive drafted for along time and never ask for Denver because this is just for strategy and fun so I like other people to be happy with my broncos. I learned a few years ago all teams are fun which is a big reason I didnt put in a request this year.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #87
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Denver is the only team I can recall being much contention for, and that's the nature of the beast being a Broncos forum.

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I personally prefer to keep the same team and I know several people who share that view. People like SoCal, ALF and myself all like to keep a team to try to build them up, and switching up the teams makes this absolutely no fun at all for us.

And I just mentioned in my previous post that we never had any trouble getting new people involved. There are usually quite a few spots open each year from people who have left the board or just dont want to play and those usually go to the newer people after the hard core people have got their teams.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #88
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Old 02-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #89
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Yes I know about the value chart but to my knowledge there have never been any rules regarding the trades short of they can only be picks and not players.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #90
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
I am not participating this year because of this "mixing it up" business.

I did not like the drawing of your top three choices of teams and the fact I wanted the same team, Rams, this time around was because I would have some continuity from last year. It's why many members who participate in the mock draft choose the same team every year.

Namely why Socal gets the Niners every year.

There is also too many noobs like Carmelo115, Snarfalicious, Stunodaking who I don't think have a clue how this goes nor are they reliable.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #91
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Yes I know about the value chart but to my knowledge there have never been any rules regarding the trades short of they can only be picks and not players.
There is not an official rule but we have always suck close to values its kind of a moral rule.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #92
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Denver is the only team I can recall being much contention for, and that's the nature of the beast being a Broncos forum.

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I personally prefer to keep the same team and I know several people who share that view. People like SoCal, ALF and myself all like to keep a team to try to build them up, and switching up the teams makes this absolutely no fun at all for us.

And I just mentioned in my previous post that we never had any trouble getting new people involved. There are usually quite a few spots open each year from people who have left the board or just dont want to play and those usually go to the newer people after the hard core people have got their teams.
Yea, i realize that but again maybe the teams you guys draft for someone else would be interested in. I would guess that if you guys like doing the same team year in and year out maybe do another Mock Draft league with people who may want to do the same thing. But with this one being the only one on here (at least to my knowledge) it would be kind of hard to get new people involved if it isnt mixed up team wise with or without Denver. I actually never realized you guys were trying to do that.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #93
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
There is not an official rule but we have always suck close to values its kind of a moral rule.
This is news to me. I've seen quite a few people get fleeced on their picks.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #94
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
It's a tool but far as I know, it's not mandatory to use it for trades.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #95
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
I tried very hard to be fair to everyone and get them a team they were interested in, even if it was not their first choice.

Next year we're going to use the "OM born on date" system to select the teams. The year after that we will do first come, first serve. Changing up the system will make things fair for vets next year, and newbs after that. It's really an impossible task to make everyone happy, but I did my best. And if anyone has any suggestions for good ways to make the selections, I welcome your input.
Don't worry about making everyone happy....everybody gets a team and they should be happy with that.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #96
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.L.F. View Post
I am not participating this year because of this "mixing it up" business.

I did not like the drawing of your top three choices of teams and the fact I wanted the same team, Rams, this time around was because I would have some continuity from last year. It's why many members who participate in the mock draft choose the same team every year.

Namely why Socal gets the Niners every year.

There is also too many noobs like Carmelo115, Snarfalicious, Stunodaking who I don't think have a clue how this goes nor are they reliable.

Understandable. See my last post. If you guys did a seperate league where everyone keeps the same teams i would get in on that.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #97
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Ive always tried to keep it close would you guys reall be cool with a trade of the #1 over all for the #32 and #64 or other horse crap. you know youd be pissed at something stupid.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #98
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Yea, i realize that but again maybe the teams you guys draft for someone else would be interested in. I would guess that if you guys like doing the same team year in and year out maybe do another Mock Draft league with people who may want to do the same thing. But with this one being the only one on here (at least to my knowledge) it would be kind of hard to get new people involved if it isnt mixed up team wise with or without Denver. I actually never realized you guys were trying to do that.
Why would we start another mock league to continue what we've been doing for years in this one? It worked just fine before, so why do we need to start changing things around.

The way I see it, getting your pick of a team is kind of a benefit to being a long time player. The Lions were not my first pick when I got started here, but I picked for them and then the 2nd year I decided to keep them ando so on...and it worked out fine.

Let the new people have the spots left over after the regulars have picked. There is enough flux with the people leaving and those who don't have a team preference to get new people involved.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #99
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Ive always tried to keep it close would you guys reall be cool with a trade of the #1 over all for the #32 and #64 or other horse crap. you know youd be pissed at something stupid.
For me personally i hardly even worry about trading picks. But, ive seen some surprising picks in the real NFL draft so the senario you posted really wouldnt piss me off so much as i would be scratching my head why someone would do that anyway.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #100
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Sure I would. If someone is dumb enough to make that trade then that is their problem. The only thing that would piss me off would be the fact I wasn't the one to come out on the winning end of the trade.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: