The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2009, 06:51 AM   #476
Tom A Hawk
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Jon Gruden? Is he just going to have to sit out the year?
nothing for sure. ESPN reports that Chucky states he will be back coaching and doesn't care if it is NFL, College or high school. I wonder if he is waiting for ND to can the head coach. He has stated before that being a dream job.
Sorry I don't have a link.
Tom A Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #477
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

WARD PRACTICES, FULLY

Posted by Mike Florio on January 29, 2009, 4:00 p.m. EST

So much for the sprained MCL.

After missing practice on Wednesday, Steelers receiver Hines Ward fully participated in practice on Thursday, despite a knee injury suffered 11 days ago against the Ravens.

Ward remains the only name on the Steelers’ injury report.

For the Cardinals, the following players practiced on a limited basis: running back J.J. Arrington (knee), punter Ben Graham (left groin), defensive end Travis LaBoy (biceps), and defensive end Antonio Smith (knee).
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #478
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

TAMPA, Fla. -- Three weeks after being dismissed by Boston College for pursuing an NFL head coaching job, Jeff Jagodzinski was hired Thursday by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to be their offensive coordinator.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #479
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

SAN FRANCISCO -- Jimmy Raye has agreed to terms with the San Francisco 49ers to become the club's seventh offensive coordinator in seven seasons.

The 62-year-old Raye has been an offensive coordinator for six previous franchises, including the Oakland Raiders in 2004-05. He spent the last three seasons as the New York Jets' running backs coach.

Raye was the eighth candidate to interview with 49ers coach Mike Singletary, but he quickly got the job. Former St. Louis coach Scott Linehan turned down the position earlier this month.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #480
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

PARCELLS SAYS HE’S STAYING IN MIAMI

Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 30, 2009, 6:00 p.m. EST

Bill Parcells reiterated that he will remain with the Miami Dolphins for the 2009 season instead of exercising an escape clause in his contract during an appearance on ESPN.

The following comments are relayed through Miami Herald writer Armando Salguero.

“I’m going to be with Miami until I feel that the team is in position and Jeff [Ireland] and Tony [Sparano] have enough experience that they can handle it,” Parcells said during a spot where he also plugged the merits of Gatorade.

Parcells said that the Dolphins have a ton of work to do after being dispatched from the postseason in an AFC wild-card loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

“We got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs so we got to keep things in perspective,” Parcells said. “… We have a lot to do in Miami. We need a lot more guys. .. On Sundays, at the games, sometimes it’s hard. You have a trained eye and you know where the game is going, you know kind of what’s going to happen, but there is nothing you can do.

“So you sit there and understand you are in a support role for the head coach. And a support role for the general manager. And my job is to assist the general manager in the procurement of players that can help win on the field for the coach, Tony Sparano.”
Old 01-31-2009, 09:57 AM   #481
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXIII

It was 10 years ago to the day that Denver won Super Bowl 33.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:27 AM   #482
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

TITANS-BILLS TO PLAY IN HALL OF FAME GAME

Posted by Mike Florio on January 31, 2009, 12:00 p.m. EST

On the same weekend that a couple of former Bills players — and the only owner in franchise history — might be inducted into the Hall of Fame, more than 80 then-current Bills players will be playing the first football game of the 2009 season at nearby Fawcett Stadium.

According to the Tennesseean, the Titans and the Bills will square off in the Canton on August 9.

Former Bills receiver Andre Reed and former Bills defensive end Bruce Smith are among the 17 finalists for induction into the Hall of Fame.

Also a finalist is owner Ralph Wilson, who founded the original AFL franchise in the early 1960s.

The announcement is expected to be made today at a 2:30 p.m. EST press conference announcing the members of the 2009 class.

The press conference will stream live at NFL.com.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:55 AM   #483
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
WARD PRACTICES, FULLY

Posted by Mike Florio on January 29, 2009, 4:00 p.m. EST

So much for the sprained MCL.

After missing practice on Wednesday, Steelers receiver Hines Ward fully participated in practice on Thursday, despite a knee injury suffered 11 days ago against the Ravens.

Ward remains the only name on the Steelers’ injury report.
That's just annoying.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #484
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Sources close to the National Football Post have informed us that the New York Giants and quarterback Eli Manning are very close to finalizing a new contract that will make him one of the highest paid players in the NFL, as well as the highest paid Giant. A few more details need to be ironed out and barring any last minute stumbling blocks, expect a formal announcement next week.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #485
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

REPORT: WARNER LOOKING FOR $9M PER YEAR

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on February 1, 2009, 3:27 p.m.

With Kurt Warner a little more than three hours away from starting his third Super Bowl, details about what he could be looking for in free agency continue to emerge.

According to NFL Network’s Adam Schefter, Warner wants a two-year deal worth about $9 million per year.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen also reported today that Warner wants two years.

Of course, as Aaron Wilson pointed out earlier, Warner hasn’t even decided whether he wants to play anywhere next season.

Meanwhile, rumors that Warner’s offensive coordinator Todd Haley is heading to Kansas City continue to swirl.

According to Mortensen, while Haley has not been allowed to interview with the Chiefs yet, he spent a significant time on the phone during the week trying to get a coaching staff in place.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #486
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

warner is high..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #487
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
warner is high..
Brenda is high.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #488
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Please Warner go to KC!
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #489
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

BOB HAYES’ SISTER ISN’T HIS SISTER?

Posted by Josh Alper on February 2, 2009, 1:01 p.m. EST

When the 2009 Pro Football Hall of Fame class was announced on Saturday, one of the most memorable moments was when a letter written by the late Bob Hayes was read by his sister. Hayes had written the letter in case he ever made it into Canton, and he thanked, literally, everyone in the world.

It was a nice moment, but now Hayes’ former business manager is coming forward and saying that the whole thing was a fraud. Ted McIntosh, who also went to Florida A&M with Hayes, spoke with Richie Whitt of the Dallas Observer.

“She’s a fake. A total perpetrator. She’s hoodwinked the Dallas Cowboys, the NFL, the Hall of Fame and the national media. But she isn’t a member of the Hayes family. And she’s about to be exposed … She isn’t related to Bob Hayes. She’s an impostor.”

According to McIntosh, Hester grew up a few blocks away from Hayes and only became close to him when he was dying in 2002. McIntosh claims she falsified a will that was designed to leave her with Hayes’ Super Bowl ring and Olympic gold medal.

McIntosh is godfather to Bob Hayes Jr., who he says is in rightful possession of those items. Hayes Jr., McIntosh argues, should be the one representing his father at the Hall of Fame induction and other associated ceremonies.

“When this is all said and done the family will press criminal charges,” he said. “She’s stolen from them, including that magic moment on Saturday.”

McIntosh said the he’s sent letters to the NFL, NFLPA, Hall of Fame and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones about Hester’s true identity. He also says that he spoke with Jean-Jacques Taylor of the Dallas Morning News, who has written columns about Hester and Hayes for several years.

“I called him and told him that this was not Bob Hayes’ sister,” he said. “I told him he should do some investigating of her background before he printed anything else. But he was like ‘Oh yeah, sure’ and blew me off. I tried to warn him.”

Whitt contacted Taylor, who was in Tampa for the Super Bowl, and the writer said, via email, that he’s never spoken to McIntosh.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #490
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

When does NFL Free Agency start??
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #491
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

DETROIT STATION RIPS MILLEN DURING SUPER BOWL PREGAME SHOW

Posted by Josh Alper on February 2, 2009, 7:35 p.m.

The NBC affiliate in Detroit didn’t see eye to eye with their corporate overlords when it came to the decision to hire Matt Millen as an analyst for the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl. The Detroit Free Press reports that WDIV expressed their disappointment via a ticker on the bottom of the screen while Millen was talking during Sunday’s pregame show.

“Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports? …”

No word on a response from the big boys at NBC Sports at this point.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #492
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
When does NFL Free Agency start??
February 27th is the start of free agency.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #493
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Odds to win Super Bowl XLIV, courtesy of Bodoglife.com

New England Patriots 8/1

Dallas Cowboys 9/1

New York Giants 10/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1

Indianapolis Colts 12/1

San Diego Chargers 12/1

Baltimore Ravens 14/1

Tennessee Titans 16/1

Carolina Panthers 18/1

Philadelphia Eagles 18/1

New Orleans Saints 20/1

Atlanta Falcons 25/1

Denver Broncos 25/1

Green Bay Packers 25/1

Jacksonville Jaguars 25/1

Minnesota Vikings 25/1

New York Jets 25/1

Arizona Cardinals 30/1

Chicago Bears 30/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30/1

Buffalo Bills 35/1

Houston Texans 35/1

Miami Dolphins 35/1

Washington Redskins 35/1

Seattle Seahawks 50/1

Cleveland Browns 55/1

Cincinnati Bengals 60/1

San Francisco 49ers 60/1

Oakland Raiders 75/1

St. Louis Rams 75/1

Detroit Lions 100/1

Kansas City Chiefs 100/1
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #494
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

GONZALEZ STILL SEEKING TRADE

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on February 4, 2009, 9:07 a.m. EST

The Chiefs have brought in a new GM and are currently searching for a new coach.

But those moves apparently haven’t changed Tony Gonzalez’s feelings from last season, and the tight end still wants to be traded, per Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports.

“I love Kansas City. I really do. If I could stay there, I would. That’s why this is going to be a tough decision,” Gonzalez said. “We’ve been rebuilding. It hasn’t really seemed to go well. We won four [in 2007] and two this year. It’s getting tough. … I don’t want to make it seem to the fans in Kansas City and to my teammates that I’m abandoning them. I hope, I think, they’ll understand.”

Cole’s report also shed some light on the Chiefs’ coaching search.

According to the article, Kansas City is expected to interview Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz, Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, in addition to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

Gonzalez said Kansas City’s decision on a coach — which he expects to come by Thursday — will have an impact on whether he wants to stay or go.

“I want to see who they name as head coach,” Gonzalez said. “Yeah, I hear they’re talking to Todd Haley, but then there’s this coach [Ferentz] from Iowa State, some [expletive] like that and I don’t want to deal with that. It seems like we’re rebuilding anyway, and I don’t want to do that. I don’t know that I want to do that any more than I already have been.”

Gonzalez also pointed to the team’s decision to deal Jared Allen last season.

“We traded away our best defensive player [Allen], by far. A game changer and you trade him away,” Gonzalez said. “That’s just too much, and that’s sending a message to the guys on the team.”
Old 02-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #495
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

“I want to see who they name as head coach,” Gonzalez said. “Yeah, I hear they’re talking to Todd Haley, but then there’s this coach [Ferentz] from Iowa State, some [expletive] like that and I don’t want to deal with that. It seems like we’re rebuilding anyway, and I don’t want to do that. I don’t know that I want to do that any more than I already have been.”

bwahaha
Old 02-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #496
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post

bwahaha
...that is going to tick off a bunch of Hawkeye fans to think that Ferentz coaches IA State...makes me laugh!!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #497
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3882566

Players don't want Pro Bowl to move
Old 02-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #498
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

T.J. WANTS TO BE AN EAGLE

Posted by Mike Florio on February 5, 2009, 10:34 a.m.

Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh is due to become a free agent in little more than three weeks.

And, if T.J. has his way, the equipment manager in Philly will be muttering “Newman!” when he realizes that he’ll have to come up with a way to fit all those letters on the back of a green jersey.

On Wednesday, Houshmandzadeh told Mike Missanelli of ESPN Radio 950 in Philadelphia that the veteran wideout would like to play for the Eagles.

“If they’ll be interested in me, I’ll be interested in them,” Houshmandzadeh said, via our own Sheil Kapadia of philly.com.

“I think [Donovan] McNabb is a fine quarterback,” Houshmandzadeh said. “He’s one of the best quarterbacks in the league, probably, I can’t even think of another quarterback that has performed throughout his career the way he has and would be put in a situation like he was put in in Baltimore, but he bounced back very well.”

Yeah, so well that McNabb might not even be the quarterback of the Eagles come September 2009, if as a growing number of league insiders suspect McNabb tries to force his way out of town.

Whether Houshmandzadeh gets a chance to test the market remains to be seen; the Bengals could use the franchise tag to keep him in place. (As Kapadia points out, Adam Schefter of NFLN reported in December that the Bengals won’t do it.)

The bigger question, in our view, is whether Houshmandzadeh needs a Chad Johnson across from him in order to be effective. If so, T.J. could be the next Alvin Harper and/or Peerless Price.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #499
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000

Lechler's Oakland days appear over

Lechler was punched in the face by teammate Terdell Sands during an argument on the team flight home from Denver on Nov. 23, according to five sources - two former assistant coaches, a front-office member, a team administrator and an AFC head coach from outside the organization.

Sands was neither suspended nor fined by the team, according to multiple sources familiar with the situation. Consider this all the more reason for Lechler to leave Oakland if he becomes an unrestricted free agent, two of those sources said on the condition of anonymity.

As it was, Lechler has complained openly about the climate of the past six losing seasons and declined to say he wanted to come back. Taking a haymaker from a 350-pound defensive tackle certainly did not help.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #500
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

PENDERGAST OUT IN ARIZONA

Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2009, 5:43 p.m. EST

On the same day that the Cardinals lost one of their coordinators involuntarily, they chose to sever ties with another one.

We’ve confirmed that the team has fired defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast.

We caught wind of the termination via a commenter, who posted that Mike Jurecki is reporting that Pendergast has been dumped.

So we looked into it, and we learned that, indeed, Pendergast is out.

The replacement isn’t known, but our guess is that the Cardinals made the move knowing full well the identify of his replacement.