The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #126
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Little Children?
Yep, she was hot in it. Not Hollywood bombshell hot, more like the Milf down the block hot.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #127
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Yep, she was hot in it. Not Hollywood bombshell hot, more like the Milf down the block hot.
You should check out Holy Smoke.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #128
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
You should check out Holy Smoke.
What is that?

BTW anyone here a Marisa Tome fan?

If so get "Before the devil Knows your dead" she is naked for the 1st 45 min, not just boob shots, thong shots too.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #129
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

Anyone seen the Korean movie, OLDBOY?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364569/

I would be curious your take if so.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #130
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Has anyone seen Spider Forest? I tried watching it last night but was a little to worn out to make it through. Im going to give it another go tonight, if Im feeling like it. But has anyone seen this?
I thought it was pretty good, although I don't remember all of it. One film that you might check out is the Korean film A Tale of Two Sisters or Janghwa, Hongryeon . One of my favorite horror films.

slyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #131
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post

I thought it was really good. There were talks of an American remake but I haven't heard of any developments lately.

Some other Asian films that I would recommend:

Memories of Murder http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0353969/

Raise the Red Lantern http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101640/

Audition (some disturbing scenes)http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235198/

Joint Security Area (same director as Oldboy)http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0260991/
Old 01-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #132
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Man I read through the first page and did not see one movie on there worth watching.

You people seem to want to pick obscure "critically acclaimed" movies for some reason.

The ONLY reason to go to a movie theater and sit for 2+ hours in an uncomfortable chair paying for overpriced concessions is to see a kick ass hollywood blockbuster full of special effects, loud noises and fantastic situations.

The ONLY reason to rent a DVD is because you are bored.

Wait till it hits the regular channels, DVR it and skip through the commercials for those boring ass "story" driven movies full of symbollic bull**** portrayed by some left wing nutjob.
You might enjoy this film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274518/
Old 01-22-2009, 04:11 AM   #133
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
What is that?

BTW anyone here a Marisa Tome fan?

If so get "Before the devil Knows your dead" she is naked for the 1st 45 min, not just boob shots, thong shots too.
Holy Smoke is an indie film she did about 10 years ago at least now, I think it's the one where she is naked a bunch with Harvey Keitel, but I could be wrong. It's been a while since I saw it. I remember liking the movie, but not a lot about it anymore. If you are just looking to see Kate in states of undress, of course there is a scene in Titanic (a film I don't particularly like except for stage design and special effects--the story is too cliche cheesy for me) and then there is Quills which is kind of about the Maurquid de Sade (though the hook up is between her and Joaquin Phoenix's priest character).

Personally my favorite Kate films so far in no particular order are: Heavenly Creatures, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Finding Neverland, Little Children, Holy Smoke, Enigma and Sense & Sensibility. Looking forward to seeing Revolutionary Road and The Reader.

As for Marisa Tomei, not a big fan, but I am not actually into seeing her naked so I probably wouldn't have cared that much. But she was funny in My Cousin Vinnie (maybe not really Oscar funny, but funny) and I liked this little movie she was in called Happy Accidents. I do want to see the Wrestler, which she's in.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:44 AM   #134
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
Holy Smoke is an indie film she did about 10 years ago at least now, I think it's the one where she is naked a bunch with Harvey Keitel, but I could be wrong. It's been a while since I saw it. I remember liking the movie, but not a lot about it anymore. If you are just looking to see Kate in states of undress, of course there is a scene in Titanic (a film I don't particularly like except for stage design and special effects--the story is too cliche cheesy for me) and then there is Quills which is kind of about the Maurquid de Sade (though the hook up is between her and Joaquin Phoenix's priest character).

Personally my favorite Kate films so far in no particular order are: Heavenly Creatures, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Finding Neverland, Little Children, Holy Smoke, Enigma and Sense & Sensibility. Looking forward to seeing Revolutionary Road and The Reader.

As for Marisa Tomei, not a big fan, but I am not actually into seeing her naked so I probably wouldn't have cared that much. But she was funny in My Cousin Vinnie (maybe not really Oscar funny, but funny) and I liked this little movie she was in called Happy Accidents. I do want to see the Wrestler, which she's in.
Eternal Sunshine is one of my favorites. I liked that movie a lot. I liked Little Children as well.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:04 AM   #135
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABronco View Post
Lost is by far
incorrect. Battlestar Galactica.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:06 AM   #136
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsRule View Post
the best show on TV right now is Battlestar Gallactica.
As I read on in the thread I see this. You are a good man. Yes, it is absolutely the best show on TV right now.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #137
BFDD
Team America **** YEAH!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Atwater

I think it was last year when Taco showed us Pandora.com for music. There is a website called Criticker.com that allows you to rate movies from 0-100 and gives you matches on movies that it thinks you will like. And it is amazingly close.

The websites Probable Score Indicator(PSI) gives you a score, that score is based on how you have ranked previous movies. The more movies I've ranked, the closer the PSI gets to my actual ranking.

The site will also give you something called a Taste Compatibility Index (TCI). TCI's are people who have ranked movies similarly to what you have ranked movies.

The website is handy when trying to pick out a movie from the theater or something to rent. But one thing that I'm enjoying about it, is the ability to pick up movies from several years ago that I may have never heard of or forgot about and always wanted to see.

here is my profile
http://www.criticker.com/?up=19009
BFDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #138
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

netflix has a similar "recommended for you" mechanism based off your rankings. So far, I've ranked over 1,200 movies and tv shows, so it's got a pretty good handle on what I like and don't like.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #139
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post

own it. have you seen ichi the killer? it's japanese, but if you like disturbing asian movies, that's a classic.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #140
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyinky View Post
Great film.

A Chinese director I've started to get into is Wong Kar Wai. A little more out there in terms of film structure, but Chungking Express and 2046 were brilliant films, I thought. I've heard In the Mood for Love might be his best, so that's one I want to check out soon.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #141
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Wong Kar Wai writes his films as he goes along. That's why it took 5 years to film 2046. Pretty cool.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #142
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFDD View Post
liking it so far
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #143
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

I love this criticker thing. now have a new time waster, lol
Old 01-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #144
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Well saw Revolutionary Road yesterday. It was well done, but if you don't enjoy Sam Mendes films you may not enjoy this. He really likes to put Middle America's hypocricies and miseries on film. I wasn't a big fan of American Beauty when it originally came out, but as I as my life has changed so has my perspective on that film to some degree (I still have some issue with Mendes's propensity to be a bit pompous and patronizing in his attitude toward American suburbia, but this film was better I thought). But if you are looking for a happy movie, this is not it.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #145
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

In the past couple weeks I've seen Gran Torino, The Wrestler, and Frost/Nixon. Might go see Slumdog some time next week.

All were good and I thought Gran Torino and Frost/Nixon were real good. I like Marisa Tomei but didn't think she did anything out of the ordinary to garner all the award buzz. Eastwood is Eastwood and just brilliant in Torino and Frank Langella portrayal of Nixon was amazing.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:52 AM   #146
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalBull View Post
In the past couple weeks I've seen Gran Torino, The Wrestler, and Frost/Nixon. Might go see Slumdog some time next week.

All were good and I thought Gran Torino and Frost/Nixon were real good. I like Marisa Tomei but didn't think she did anything out of the ordinary to garner all the award buzz. Eastwood is Eastwood and just brilliant in Torino and Frank Langella portrayal of Nixon was amazing.
I really, want to see all of those and now they finally have Slumdog closer to my house and the Wrestler. I really want to see Frost/Nixon. Totatally on a political film kick lately, Milk is also on my agenda. It would be nice if a good comedy came out too one of these days (and while I laughed at My Bloody Valentine I don't think they meant it to be funny, it was just stupid).

I will probably go totally mindless and see Friday the 13th (I know, I know, that sounds terrible, but i know what I am getting when I see it, it will be dumb no doubt, I didn't even like the original, but my friend and I really like horror movies and are going to have scary movie all girl slumber party thing).

Anyway good to know about those others from someone else.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #147
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
I really, want to see all of those and now they finally have Slumdog closer to my house and the Wrestler. I really want to see Frost/Nixon. Totatally on a political film kick lately, Milk is also on my agenda. It would be nice if a good comedy came out too one of these days (and while I laughed at My Bloody Valentine I don't think they meant it to be funny, it was just stupid).

I will probably go totally mindless and see Friday the 13th (I know, I know, that sounds terrible, but i know what I am getting when I see it, it will be dumb no doubt, I didn't even like the original, but my friend and I really like horror movies and are going to have scary movie all girl slumber party thing).

Anyway good to know about those others from someone else.
My dad saw Slumdog yesterday and said it was one of the best movies he's seen in awhile.

Back to Frost/Nixon that movie just had me hooked from the beginning all the way until the end. Going in I said to myself that it will either be good or boring with the whole movie being just a 2 hour interview/conversation between Nixon and Frost.

The whole back story was interesting from who Frost was before the interview to researching bits for the interview and both sides trying to get the upper hand during the sit down. Nixon's phone call in the movie might have been my favorite part.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #148
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

I just saw Slumdog Millionaire (pretty much the only thing there other then Gran Torino) I would want to see (the Castle Rock theatre seems a bit limited and definitely more expensive then theatres in the Spring). It was quite good and to me at any rate it makes me grateful to be American and for the life I have. The abject poverty makes me realize how spoiled we really are. Not that I didn't kind of know that, but this reminded me. It was a great film. I really enjoyed it. And visiting Castle Rock made me realize when I come back to CO, I will be living in Denver, not in Castle Rock unless I come back married because I swear being single here is just odd. It's such a family-married people town (not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's a go to bed early kind of town and I am a night owl). Of course my night out this weekend made me realize I am a pub, sports bar girl, not a "Blondies" dance with 23 year old gay male claiming to be straight kind of club. THere I just felt old and it was expensive for 4 drinks, $50.

Anyway, random thoughts over, Slumdog is a great film

And while I think this is probably a crazed girl film, but I think I need to see my potential life story, "He's just not that into you."

Last edited by Miss I.; 01-26-2009 at 03:56 PM..
Old 01-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #149
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Slumdog Millionaire is a great movie.

It doesn't hurt that Freida Pinto is crazy hot.

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #150
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

[QUOTE=DomCasual;2267757]Slumdog Millionaire is a great movie.

It doesn't hurt that Freida Pinto is crazy hot.

[QUOTE]

Yes she was quite stunning actually, and so much prettier then pretty much all the bimbos the boys keep posting. She was so pretty, delicate and elegant.

The guys were great actors too, though neither would I say is a threat to the hollywood main stream in terms of looks and since we all know looks are the only thing that matters, it doesn't much matter how great they are as actors. Too bad really. I liked the brothers very much. Anyway, it was a very good film.