The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #176
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post

i jsut about fell out of my chair, even the leafs will win a cup before the kings, but but wait, i know they are sticking to the youth movement, the kings are the chiefs of the nhl, theyre in year 15 of a 3 year rebuilding plan.
The Leafs?

They are way behind the Kings and it's clear as day you don't understand the direction the Kings are in.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 AM   #177
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

dood, pittsburgh has a youth movement, philly has a youth movement, the key part to a youth movement is the players have to be good and worth keeping, the kings are just on a cheap movement, soon as the rookie contracts run out, the players bolt, just as they are starting to get good.

chiefs of the nhl
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #178
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
dood, pittsburgh has a youth movement
No you are wrong.

No offense to Penguin fans, but they don't have a youth movement. They have Malkin, Crosby, Staal, and Flower. Four pieces all teams in the NHL would kill for. However, their cupboard is bare, and it should be Shero's priority to get that rectified.

Quote:
philly has a youth movement
They have quality but not quantity in the pipeline doesn't mean a Youth movement either. VanRiemsdyk, Giroux, Sbisa, Parent are quality guys to have for sure but you need more guys.

Here is who does have a "Youth Movement"...the Kings, Coyotes, Blackhawks, Blues, Blue Jackets and Bruins. All have quality and quantity.

Quote:
the key part to a youth movement is the players have to be good and worth keeping
The key part is to have quanitity which is a given, and quality. Your teams you listed have one and not the other.

Quote:
the kings are just on a cheap movement, soon as the rookie contracts run out, the players bolt
Bolt to who? Nobody has more cap space than the Kings. 13 Million under the cap currently and next year it drops even more. In 2011 season, Our payroll is expected to be 16 million. Kings are sitting pretty right now, when the cap shrinks because of the economy...teams will have to release players to compensate for the giant contracts they handed out to players like Drury, Gomez, Briere...it's going to bite those teams in the rear end soon.

Oh yeah and Dustin Brown, Anze Kopitar, Stoll, Greene, all recently signed extensions. Kopitar signed a 7 year deal.

I enjoy the banter and talking hockey, but sometimes I wonder if you are Eklund. Saying stuff like Leafs will win a Cup before the Kings when the Leafs have been stuck in neutral for a good while and then not even knowing what consitutes a youth movement. Just because you have two or three young guys on the squad doesn't constitute a youth movement.

Eklund is Chadta (e5)
Old 01-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #179
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Kings beat Ducks. Giggy got pulled. Great night.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #180
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.L.F. View Post
I am certain the last thing on all franchises, except for the Ducks, after winning the Stanley Cup is to promote Weinershnitzel. .

This will be in decades but I am sure it will be Tijuana hotdogs with the bacon wrapped up around the dog. Have your “parade” down Figaroura (whatever) with all those diehard King/ Dodger fans. I will guarantee some fast food restaurant will have their roach coach there. It will help out to get those local residents to come by and cheer on their beloved Kings.

Quote:
Well for King fans, it will be a great day, some fans have waited many many years. Some waited 40 plus years...and there will be a Parade downtown LA through Figueroa st. and probably hold the event at LA Live.

Those people will be dead but of course the new blood like you who will invest in a decade or more will fill up the ones who died off.

Quote:
Honda Center is a dump, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take care of it the same way as Rat Stadium aka Angel Stadium, remember that expose the OC Register did on that shiathole? Also John and I have been to Honda Center many many times, since when did TECATE become PREMIUM BEER?

Please show me this link besides your hatred for everything OC. Built only in 1993, it has still state of the art for arenas. At least not 3 decks of luxury boxes to keep the rich from the poor. Who cares what they consider Premium. I have been to many places where they call domestic beer imports. I have also been to Staples and seen the prices on beer. If you enjoy a high price beer, then your Staples Center is the place to go.

Quote:
Staples Center is run better by AEG, they built "LA Live" next door to Staples and they are building a huge Ritz Carlton Hotel, already have ESPN Zone, Yardhouse, Flemings Steakhouse, Lucky Strike and Lounge, Conga Room, Club Nokia, Nokia Theatre and many more things to come. It blows the Honda Center away, which has a gas station and a McDonalds across the street...kind of sums up Anaheim in general. BORING.
Another fine example of ALF unknowledge of Orange County and Anaheim in this instance. Anaheim, where millions come throughout the year, is considered boring. HOB, boring; Disneyland, boring; Convention Center (NAMM in town this week), boring; Angels Stadium, boring; Tons of concert venues, boring; Honda Center (Ducks) where in event is going on at least 3 times a week, boring. But let us get to the Honda Center. All those places mentioned by LA LIVE is already in ANAHEIM or the equivalent of said properties! Add a whole entertainment center on the other side of the Honda Center in Orange (1/4 to 1/3 miles away). Right across the street is JT Schmidts and Hooters. McDonalds and a gas station? Oh, you meant a mile away almost on the other side of Angels stadium! In fact, that whole area will be booming with entertainment once the economy picks back up for the housing market. Maybe you need to stroll down here once in a while. I see you are in town yet missed out on your Kings on Tuesday night.

Quote:
It's not below boxing...that's crap. It's already taking over the NBA in attendance. Jesus Christ John, do you follow hockey or do you just attend Duck games?

I am talking about LA and OC, not the nation! Follow along on the post.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:59 AM   #181
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
The Leafs?

They are way behind the Kings and it's clear as day you don't understand the direction the Kings are in.
Of course the Leafs! DIdnt you hear that the Ducks sent Brad May over to the Leafs. The missing piece to their run at Lord Stanley.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:42 AM   #182
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
No you are wrong.

No offense to Penguin fans, but they don't have a youth movement. They have Malkin, Crosby, Staal, and Flower. Four pieces all teams in the NHL would kill for. However, their cupboard is bare, and it should be Shero's priority to get that rectified.

They have quality but not quantity in the pipeline doesn't mean a Youth movement either. VanRiemsdyk, Giroux, Sbisa, Parent are quality guys to have for sure but you need more guys.

Here is who does have a "Youth Movement"...the Kings, Coyotes, Blackhawks, Blues, Blue Jackets and Bruins. All have quality and quantity.

The key part is to have quanitity which is a given, and quality. Your teams you listed have one and not the other.

Bolt to who? Nobody has more cap space than the Kings. 13 Million under the cap currently and next year it drops even more. In 2011 season, Our payroll is expected to be 16 million. Kings are sitting pretty right now, when the cap shrinks because of the economy...teams will have to release players to compensate for the giant contracts they handed out to players like Drury, Gomez, Briere...it's going to bite those teams in the rear end soon.

Oh yeah and Dustin Brown, Anze Kopitar, Stoll, Greene, all recently signed extensions. Kopitar signed a 7 year deal.

I enjoy the banter and talking hockey, but sometimes I wonder if you are Eklund. Saying stuff like Leafs will win a Cup before the Kings when the Leafs have been stuck in neutral for a good while and then not even knowing what consitutes a youth movement. Just because you have two or three young guys on the squad doesn't constitute a youth movement.

That's kind of silly. I'd throw in Letang, Gologoski as two great examples on D. They have some raw talent on the wings that are in the pipeline. But this team is still building from almost being sold a few years ago. that's what most people keep forgetting.

The pens are heavy in young D talent in the system now, and have several forwards that show good promise. Just there is a core of 6 guys that were part of the overhaul. the team started building in the draft with D and a G. (Whitney and Orpik were both 1st round picks).
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #183
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
That's kind of silly. I'd throw in Letang, Gologoski as two great examples on D. They have some raw talent on the wings that are in the pipeline. But this team is still building from almost being sold a few years ago. that's what most people keep forgetting.
You better hope they have talent in the pipeline. Around $36M committed to 6 players next year, 3 of which are centers and none are wingers, you'll need to find secondary scoring from somewhere.

So how long do you expect the team to take to be built? Did 5 Top 5 picks in 5 years not do it for you when 4 of those picks were all Top 2? Other teams started their rebuild later, with fewer high picks, and seem to be doing well for themselves.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #184
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
You better hope they have talent in the pipeline. Around $36M committed to 6 players next year, 3 of which are centers and none are wingers, you'll need to find secondary scoring from somewhere.

So how long do you expect the team to take to be built? Did 5 Top 5 picks in 5 years not do it for you when 4 of those picks were all Top 2? Other teams started their rebuild later, with fewer high picks, and seem to be doing well for themselves.
Let me know if they go from being sold, to the STC in 2 years.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #185
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Let me know if they go from being sold, to the STC in 2 years.
That's great, they were almost sold. Still doesn't change the fact that they picked in the Top 5 for 5 straight years and the Top 2 for four straight. Doesn't change that they've got 1/3 of the team next year taking up $36M of their cap room. But I never realized that throwing out that they were almost sold is a panacea to their cap problem or their lack or organizational depth passed their top handful of players.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #186
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
That's great, they were almost sold. Still doesn't change the fact that they picked in the Top 5 for 5 straight years and the Top 2 for four straight. Doesn't change that they've got 1/3 of the team next year taking up $36M of their cap room. But I never realized that throwing out that they were almost sold is a panacea to their cap problem or their lack or organizational depth passed their top handful of players.
yeah what the heck does being sold have to do with the cap hell they are in ?

the pens have turned into the tampa bay lighting, they have 7 players signed next year taking up 40 million dollars that leaves 16 million to sign 15 other skaters, so yeah sure you have a good top 7, but no secondary scoring.

that being said, the team is still young, and a little better then the "youthmovement" la chiefs, opps i mean kings

i think this year the pens are tanking to try and land taveres, i mean it wouldnt be the first time the pens tanked for a good draft pick, they are after all the reason we have a draft lottery.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #187
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
They don't have a cap problem. Shero's done a good job of that. Next year Gonchar's $5/mil isn't on the books.

Sooo... they have a core of very good players, and they are going to use developed talent and role players to build the team. Not bad for the next 5 years to have a team built where the core is 25 and under - and (as with all young talent) - should progress each year to their mid - to late 20's.

I know, that's just a stupid way to build a team.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #188
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
yeah what the heck does being sold have to do with the cap hell they are in ?

the pens have turned into the tampa bay lighting, they have 7 players signed next year taking up 40 million dollars that leaves 16 million to sign 15 other skaters, so yeah sure you have a good top 7, but no secondary scoring.

that being said, the team is still young, and a little better then the "youthmovement" la chiefs, opps i mean kings

i think this year the pens are tanking to try and land taveres, i mean it wouldnt be the first time the pens tanked for a good draft pick, they are after all the reason we have a draft lottery.
You've once again set the bar lower and lower for how smart you are.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #189
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
They don't have a cap problem. Shero's done a good job of that. Next year Gonchar's $5/mil isn't on the books.

Sooo... they have a core of very good players, and they are going to use developed talent and role players to build the team. Not bad for the next 5 years to have a team built where the core is 25 and under - and (as with all young talent) - should progress each year to their mid - to late 20's.

I know, that's just a stupid way to build a team.
actually gonchar is still on the books for 2 more years, but hey dont let facts get in the way of your arguement. altho id be happy if he left, your team has sure sucked ass without him, moreso then when cindy was out.

contracts expiring before 09/10
Satan 3.5
Boucher 2.5
Sykora 2.5
Fedotenko 2.25
Gill 2.075
Zigomanis 0.65
TOTAL 13.475

contracts extended for 09/10
Malkin 8.70
Staal 4.0
Talbot 1.050
Kennedy
TOTAL 13.75

so next year when they lose 5 more players and still occupy the same cap spot you dont see a problem ? the cap is staying still at best and going lower at worst.

Quote:
You've once again set the bar lower and lower for how smart you are.
says the guy who dosnt remember when the penguins tanked the last 2 weeks in the 83-84 year to draft mario ? or was that before you were a pens fan ?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #190
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
actually gonchar is still on the books for 2 more years, but hey dont let facts get in the way of your arguement. altho id be happy if he left, your team has sure sucked ass without him, moreso then when cindy was out.

contracts expiring before 09/10
Satan 3.5
Boucher 2.5
Sykora 2.5
Fedotenko 2.25
Gill 2.075
Zigomanis 0.65
TOTAL 13.475

contracts extended for 09/10
Malkin 8.70
Staal 4.0
Talbot 1.050
Kennedy
TOTAL 13.75

so next year when they lose 5 more players and still occupy the same cap spot you dont see a problem ? the cap is staying still at best and going lower at worst.

says the guy who dosnt remember when the penguins tanked the last 2 weeks in the 83-84 year to draft mario ? or was that before you were a pens fan ?
83-84... i was 4.

Gill, Fedetanko and Satan won't probably be there...

Lets see - gonchar signed a 5 year deal in 2k5 - by my estimation, gonchar's last year is next year douchebag. Ya, that's right...you are wrong again.

You are a ****ing tool, you know that.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #191
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
83-84... i was 4.

Gill, Fedetanko and Satan won't probably be there...

Lets see - gonchar signed a 5 year deal in 2k5 - by my estimation, gonchar's last year is next year douchebag. Ya, that's right...you are wrong again.
my point exactly, you lose more players, but still take up the same cap space.

and yes this is 08-09 and he will still be here for 09-10, thats 2 years assclown, you said and i quote

Quote:
Next year Gonchar's $5/mil isn't on the books.
next year he certainly is on the books, or are you going to argue with yourself about that since you cant seem to pick a story and stick to it.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #192
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
This will be in decades but I am sure it will be Tijuana hotdogs with the bacon wrapped up around the dog. Have your “parade” down Figaroura (whatever) with all those diehard King/ Dodger fans. I will guarantee some fast food restaurant will have their roach coach there. It will help out to get those local residents to come by and cheer on their beloved Kings.
Key word here is PARADE...not a lame BBQ hosted by Weinershcnitzel where fans stand around with their thumbs up their ass. You just won the ****ing cup, gotta party and live a little! The Fast Food stuff is game promotion stuff, not for celebrating a cup. Everyone that follows the NHL laughed at your sad Organization about a what a boring BBQ you threw.

Quote:
At least not 3 decks of luxury boxes to keep the rich from the poor. Who cares what they consider Premium. I have been to many places where they call domestic beer imports. I have also been to Staples and seen the prices on beer. If you enjoy a high price beer, then your Staples Center is the place to go.

Tecate freaking sucks John, it tastes like someone peed in the can. If I want quality beer, then I won't care about the price so much. Usually if you go with a bunch of friends, everyone buys a round so it doesn't matter to me. If you know the right folks, just like Broncos games. You can get a decent seat for a decent price. I used to sit next to the Donald Sutherland and his family at the Kings games at Staples in the lower bowl for cheap. 50 bucks.

Quote:
In fact, that whole area will be booming with entertainment once the economy picks back up for the housing market. Maybe you need to stroll down here once in a while. I see you are in town yet missed out on your Kings on Tuesday night.

Believe it when I see it. Pond is getting old and needs to be maintained better than it is currently. I had other plans on tuesday Night and last night. Though I have seen them play the Coyotes and Blue Jackets and before the games I would go to LA Live to the YardHouse for beer and food. Great stuff.

Quote:
I am talking about LA and OC, not the nation! Follow along on the post.
If that was the case, you would have mentioned the Lakers, Dodgers etc. You layed out broad terms and was hard to follow your post.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:13 AM   #193
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Key word here is PARADE...not a lame BBQ hosted by Weinershcnitzel where fans stand around with their thumbs up their ass. You just won the ****ing cup, gotta party and live a little! The Fast Food stuff is game promotion stuff, not for celebrating a cup. Everyone that follows the NHL laughed at your sad Organization about a what a boring BBQ you threw.

hes got ya there john, we did laugh at you for your pathetic attempt at a celebration, i think a few people up here in canada actually committed suicide because of the way the stanley cup was being shamed.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #194
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Can't be any worse then the Devils "parade" around the meadowlands. Talk about a laugher. I think they might have had 1,100 people there and that includes the entire Devils orginization.

Say what you want about Philly fans, but, at least we know how to have a parade. They may be few and far between but we know how to party.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #195
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
hes got ya there john, we did laugh at you for your pathetic attempt at a celebration, i think a few people up here in canada actually committed suicide because of the way the stanley cup was being shamed.
Hard to compare with the Kings since they dont havent smelled the Cup since they played with illegal sticks in the mid 90s. But, once they do (if it happens in our lifetime), we can compare. The Cup wasnt shamed as the players knew what to do with it and treated it just the same as any other player that gets to host the cup. ALF is full of hot air with no where to blow it. If any of you have been to the Honda Center (Pond), you would know what I am talking about. He thinks the surrounding area is so important for his sport teams (let me know when you are ever staying in the Ritz Carlton) yet never mentions how the Dodgers had thousands of Mexican Americans and Mexican imigrants kicked out of Chavez Ravine to build Dodger Stadium in a prime view area. Since it is up on a hill, nothing is surrounding it like the Ritz, Mortons steak house, etc. I would rather have a party at the Honda Center that offered free food (what a crime!) than be at home in LA and watching another team, once again, show off the Cup in a town that doesnt say "Los Angeles". Worse for ALF is it happened just 30 miles away with an expansion team that was once owned by Disney. It boils his blood and every anti Duck/Orange County post makes me smile.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #196
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
my point exactly, you lose more players, but still take up the same cap space.

and yes this is 08-09 and he will still be here for 09-10, thats 2 years assclown, you said and i quote

next year he certainly is on the books, or are you going to argue with yourself about that since you cant seem to pick a story and stick to it.

You said he was here two years, so are you going to continue to be a douche?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #197
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
You said he was here two years, so are you going to continue to be a douche?
yes this year 1

next year 1

now get out your crayons 1+1 = hold onto your hats 2
Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #198
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Hard to compare with the Kings since they dont havent smelled the Cup since they played with illegal sticks in the mid 90s. But, once they do (if it happens in our lifetime), we can compare.

the chiefs will win a superbowl before the kings win a cup,

The only reason the kings were on the ice back in the 90s was cuz the refs gave it to them, while a toronto montreal cup would have been huge in canada it woulda done nothing in the us and the league couldnt let that happen.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #199
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

the chiefs will win a superbowl before the kings win a cup,
A great poll question but who will be around long enough to make sure those wrong would pay up on their debt?
Old 01-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #200
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
The Cup wasnt shamed as the players knew what to do with it and treated it just the same as any other player that gets to host the cup.

Yes it was shamed, Duck players were having a gay orgy around the cup...