The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #151
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Poor AlF, same scenario once his team hits 3rd period. I left my house with 10 minutes to play knowing that the Wings would get win. Sure enough, I was correct. Check out the Register on some quote by one of the Kings. Seems he thinks that this never happens to his team (which Alf clearly has stated it has been happening all year with the Kings giving up 3rd period leads).
With Selanne out for possibly a big time on a laceration to the thigh, Bobby Ryan is playing up on the first line with Getzlaf and Perry. So much for the Ducks thinking he is a stiff.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #152
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

2 in ROW ON THE MIGHTY REDWINGS...
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #153
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

good game last night...Budaj saved our avs

Great shootout!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:23 PM   #154
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Broncos are done, but at least the Caps are 2nd in the East and they're finally getting healthy from the **** ton of injuries they've had all season.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #155
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

ok full time hockey!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:59 PM   #156
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
ok full time hockey!
yep....let's look at my sports year...

Team I coach 0-12
Cubs....
Broncos.....
Rangers- just waiting for the poo to start hitting the fan.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #157
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Just enjoy ( all ) the NHL games ray not just the rangers/
Old 12-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #158
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
2 in ROW ON THE MIGHTY REDWINGS...
Enjoy, Bronx...It looks like the Red Machine is sleepwalking through the regular season.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #159
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Enjoy, Bronx...It looks like the Red Machine is sleepwalking through the regular season.

I will but the game was closer than it appeared i by no means thought we dominated but wolskis SO goal was pretty sweet you have to admit.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #160
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Kings get rid of Labs.

Traded to Canucks for a 7th round pick.

Hip Hip Hooray!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #161
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

I totally forgot about this signing Matts sundin goes to the canucks.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #162
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.L.F. View Post
Kings get rid of Labs.

Traded to Canucks for a 7th round pick.

Hip Hip Hooray!
i thought labs was the next roy ?
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #163
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
i thought labs was the next roy ?
Ah... no, he was more like the next Cloutier.

Anyway Kings beat the Flyers in the SO with a young goalie that is surprising me, I always knew Quick was solid but never thought he was THIS good. 4 goals allowed in 5 games.

"Jonathan Quick made 31 saves for the Kings. Quick has a 0.79 goals-against average in five starts since giving up five goals at Detroit on Dec. 20, and has stopped all but four of 132 shots during that stretch, which included two shutouts."

It makes the game so much more enjoyable to watch when you have a solid goalie in net. Kings also come from behind in this one...

Old 01-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #164
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

lets not forget that the flyers are playing with 3 of there top 6 forwards out, that being briere, lupul, gagne, also missing replacement callups giroux and nodl, and dont forget asham and gratton. we have so many guys out that we had sbisa and kukkonen playing forward, and basically ran 2 lines all night, after playing the night before in anaheim with only 2 lines. 2 guys jones and powe were on the bench only to fill a jersey as they are not game ready.

so yeah congrats on getting 2 points, the one point we got puts us in first place in our division.

With a couple days off and a trip home. 2-2-1 on our 5 game holiday road trip, ill take it, now if we could just get soem guys back from injury wed be set.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #165
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Alf, how you like Bobby Ryan's first goal tonight? Dude is far from the bust you labeled him. Jumped from 4th line to 1st line and PP time with Selanne out. 3 to 1 (1 empty netter) and leaves the Kings in last place. You guys better do something next season or this "youth movement" will be getting old. Old like you labeled the Stars who are even ahead of you guys. Went to the game and not even sold out. Shows how the economy is effecting two teams playing each other only 30 miles apart.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:21 AM   #166
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Alf, how you like Bobby Ryan's first goal tonight? Dude is far from the bust you labeled him. Jumped from 4th line to 1st line and PP time with Selanne out. 3 to 1 (1 empty netter) and leaves the Kings in last place. You guys better do something next season or this "youth movement" will be getting old. Old like you labeled the Stars who are even ahead of you guys. Went to the game and not even sold out. Shows how the economy is effecting two teams playing each other only 30 miles apart.
First of all, your Dinosaurs got lucky tonight. If it wasn't for some BS calls, you wouldn't get two goals tonight. I got a chuckle out of a couple things tonight besides the dumbass referees...One was how Duck fans were whining about Pronger's disallowed goal...obviously they don't know the rules of the NHL. Secondly I loved how Gayward was talking about the Ducks youth as if they were on the same level of the Kings. Fester****ling or whatever his name is ****ing sucked tonight. Like I said about Bobby Ryan, he gets most of his goals on the PP. I'll take Kopitar and JMFJ in that draft over Bobby Ryan.

I bet the Stars won't be in the playoffs and Brett Hull has already screwed up everything there. I'm not worried about the Stars at all. I am more interested in the Sharks, and the Coyotes. They will be our primary teams we have to beat to get into the playoffs now and in the future. If you would check the standings, you would know the West is bunched up right now. We are 2 points out of the 8th seed currently! Hardly out of contention as you make it out to be.

As for your excuse the Ducks are sucking in attendance, the Kings have had a sell-out the other night. I expect they will have a sell-out on Thursday night at Staples.

Quote:
You guys better do something next season or this "youth movement" will be getting old.
It's not instant. The Red Wings in the nineties weren't an overnight success. They stuck with the plan and now are obviously the best franchise in the NHL the past 10 years. Also we are 12 points better than last year at this point. The youth movement is working. We are sticking to the plan, it will reap benefits.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:29 AM   #167
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

It isnt instant but your team has been playing that tune for awhile now. As for Ryan, he just got on the PP when Teemu went down so no, he had half of his goals str8 up 5 on 5 (including assists). +11 in 23 games isnt too bad either. Stop crying about penalties not being called. 4 refs out there and not seeing Grabbing in the corner in the 3rd period. That is also the same period that had the hand goal. Most that saw it knew what happened. You werent there so dont act like we didnt know better. Yes, you had a sell out vs the Flyers. You dont think that had anything to do with the team you were playing, no? We had a record crowd of 400 over capacity for a record the night before. Even the Kings fans didnt come down in droves to support their team. Regardless of your jealousy going on here, fact remains we are clearly ahead of you heads up, talent and standings. The trifecta!

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 01-07-2009 at 02:37 AM..
Old 01-07-2009, 03:36 AM   #168
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
It isn't instant but your team has been playing that tune for awhile now.
For awhile? Hardly...this is the first time in it's franchise history that the Kings are building through the draft.

HF does organizational rankings and the Kings are ranked in the top 5 the past 3 years. Since Dean Lombardi took over. We were ranked #1, #5, and now #2. John do you know what the Red Wings record looked like in the 80s and early 90s? Do you know what got them to the top and made them sustain their dominance in the NHL? Building through the friggin draft. It doesn't happen overnight. You have to be patient, and the signs are there we will be really good soon.

Most Kings prospects are too busy right now winning gold, silver, and bronze medals at the World Juniors for Canada, Sweden, and Russia. Do you know who captained the Canada team and Sweden team in the tourney and Championship game? That's right LA King prospects.

Quote:
Even the Kings fans didnt come down in droves to support their team.
They show up. I saw bunch of King fans in their third jerseys on the tube, not as many as their used to be and plus the Honda Center sucks balls.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:12 AM   #169
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

please continue, its funny listening to people from the hockey hotbed of southern california talk about who supports there hockey team better.

i dunno how the kings are doing, dont really care, they dont get revenue sharing so none of the money that i pay for tickets goes to them, that being said the ducks are pathetic, 15,000 people to the celebration for winning the stanley cup, you should have lost your franchise right there.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #170
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
15,000 people to the celebration for winning the stanley cup, you should have lost your franchise right there.
I thought it was par for the course when Duck fans got free wieners at that BBQ instead of a Parade.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #171
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
I thought it was par for the course when Duck fans got free wieners at that BBQ instead of a Parade.
they were named after a disney movie, what did you expect ?
Old 01-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #172
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
You keep bringing this up but dont you think any fast food restuarant would love the exposure of being in front of thousands? I cant say wait until the Kings get a Cup to see what happens next; A riot, free food, gangbangers now acting like they are big Kings fans, etc. I am not sure how old I will be to come back and blast you away on that. What matters is the product on the ice and to say the Pond sucks shows just how trivial you are towards anything Orange County. The Honda Center (Pond) is soooo much better than Staples Center. Unless, of course, you like 3 rows of luxury boxes separating the real fans from the action. 3 starters from the Ducks must tell you people either vote for who deserves to be there or the Ducks fans are into hockey more than you think. Chadta does have something and that is the SoCal mentality of hockey is low compared to Phily, NY, Canada and Detroit. YOU might know hockey, but it is a sport that is below boxing, martial arts fighting and such.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #173
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
You keep bringing this up but dont you think any fast food restuarant would love the exposure of being in front of thousands? I cant say wait until the Kings get a Cup to see what happens next;

i jsut about fell out of my chair, even the leafs will win a cup before the kings, but but wait, i know they are sticking to the youth movement, the kings are the chiefs of the nhl, theyre in year 15 of a 3 year rebuilding plan.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #174
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
You keep bringing this up but dont you think any fast food restuarant would love the exposure of being in front of thousands?
I am certain the last thing on all franchises, except for the Ducks, after winning the Stanley Cup is to promote Weinershnitzel.

Quote:
I cant say wait until the Kings get a Cup to see what happens next; A riot, free food, gangbangers now acting like they are big Kings fans, etc.
Well for King fans, it will be a great day, some fans have waited many many years. Some waited 40 plus years...and there will be a Parade downtown LA through Figueroa st. and probably hold the event at LA Live.

Quote:
The Honda Center (Pond) is soooo much better than Staples Center. Unless, of course, you like 3 rows of luxury boxes separating the real fans from the action.
Snort.

Honda Center is becoming a dump, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take care of it the same way as Rat Stadium aka Angel Stadium, remember that expose the OC Register did on that shiathole? Also John and I have been to Honda Center many many times, since when did TECATE become PREMIUM BEER?

Staples Center is run better by AEG, they built "LA Live" next door to Staples and they are building a huge Ritz Carlton Hotel, already have ESPN Zone, Yardhouse, Flemings Steakhouse, Lucky Strike and Lounge, Conga Room, Club Nokia, Nokia Theatre and many more things to come. It blows the Honda Center away, which has a gas station and a McDonalds across the street...kind of sums up Anaheim in general. BORING.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #175
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
YOU might know hockey, but it is a sport that is below boxing, martial arts fighting and such.
It's not below boxing...that's crap. It's already taking over the NBA in attendance. Jesus Christ John, do you follow hockey or do you just attend Duck games?