The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #1401
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

http://www.disinfo.com/content/story...ogical-Warfare

Black Death Plague Hits Al Qaeda — Biological Warfare?

Anti-terror bosses last night hailed their latest ally in the war on terror — the BLACK DEATH.

At least 40 al-Qaeda fanatics died horribly after being struck down with the disease that devastated Europe in the Middle Ages. The killer bug, also known as the plague, swept through insurgents training at a forest camp in Algeria, North Africa. It came to light when security forces found a body by a roadside.

The victim was a terrorist in AQLIM (al-Qaeda in the Land of the Islamic Maghreb), the largest and most powerful al-Qaeda group outside the Middle East. It trains Muslim fighters to kill British and US troops.

Now al-Qaeda chiefs fear the plague has been passed to other terror cells — or Taliban fighters in Afghanistan.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #1402
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,991

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
http://www.disinfo.com/content/story...nto-Baltic-Sea




Over the weekend, the skies were lit up in Denmark and southern Sweden by an incredibly bright object hurtling through the sky. The meteor [or UFO?] landed somewhere in the Baltic Sea, and its descent was captured on video by surveillance camera. Scandinavian law enforcement and emergency services were deluged with calls from frightened residents who witnessed the gigantic ball of light; the curator of the Danish Geological Museum’s meteor collection has told papers that the event was "very unusual." Watch the video and make up your own mind as to what the fiery "meteor" might really be.
That looks like a meteor, I would have loved to be there to see it come down.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #1403
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

i know, it would have been a killer show.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #1404
BABronco
Ring of Famer
 
BABronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,246

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...in-Brazil.html


Nazi angel of death Josef Mengele 'created twin town in Brazil'
The Nazi doctor Josef Mengele is responsible for the astonishing number of twins in a small Brazilian town, an Argentine historian has claimed.




One in five pregnancies in the small Brazilian town have resulted in twins - most of them blond haired and blue eyed
this is very interesting
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #1405
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's so cool.

I don't actually believe in aliens visiting this planet, but I'm SO fascinated by it.

Any other articles confirming this story?
I'll look. I've had my head buried in neurolinguistics, tracking down a story, and some other endeavors. Got more time though now that i'm single again.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #1406
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Enough excuses! Get with the program!
neurolinguistics, fractals, oh and work make it tough. I'll try to get time thsi week to do a link dump
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #1407
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze
 
Bronco Bob's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,600

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's so cool.

I don't actually believe in aliens visiting this planet, but I'm SO fascinated by it.

Any other articles confirming this story?
Yes, I too would like to see some independent confirmation from
some more mainstream news sources. I am extremely hesitant
in just taking the word of a UFO website that may just have
an their own agenda in trying to claim NASA is trying to cover
up UFO claims.
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #1408
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Not to mention, the information seems to be about eight years old. (Quotes from 2000, 2001)
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #1409
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 20,988

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #1410
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

it was a foon!
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #1411
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze
 
Bronco Bob's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,600

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
it was a foon!
It was Foneco!
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #1412
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #1413
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/20...ames-bond.html

Obama and Bond, James Bond


http://secretsun.blogspot.com/2009/0...ting-17th.html

Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Celebrating the 17th (UPDATES)
Don't you think the blue and gold chairs go well with the rug?

Today is February 17th and today Barack Obama will be in Denver signing the "Stimulus Package" into law. He's chosen a very strange venue to do so:

The bill-signing, an unusual event outside of Washington, will be Tuesday at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science in City Park... "This is like a dream," said George Sparks, director of the museum." - Denver Post

Funny, neither Sparks nor the Secret Service know why the museum was selected. Not to worry; while Obama is at the museum perhaps he'll make time to check out these exhibits:
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #1414
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...ericas_top_spy

Bad News From America’s Top Spy

Quote:
The specter of social unrest was raised at the U.S. Army War College in November in a monograph [click on Policypointers’ pdf link to see the report] titled “Known Unknowns: Unconventional ‘Strategic Shocks’ in Defense Strategy Development.” The military must be prepared, the document warned, for a “violent, strategic dislocation inside the United States,” which could be provoked by “unforeseen economic collapse,” “purposeful domestic resistance,” “pervasive public health emergencies” or “loss of functioning political and legal order.” The “widespread civil violence,” the document said, “would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security.”

“An American government and defense establishment lulled into complacency by a long-secure domestic order would be forced to rapidly divest some or most external security commitments in order to address rapidly expanding human insecurity at home,” it went on.

“Under the most extreme circumstances, this might include use of military force against hostile groups inside the United States. Further, DoD [the Department of Defense] would be, by necessity, an essential enabling hub for the continuity of political authority in a multi-state or nationwide civil conflict or disturbance,” the document read.

In plain English, something bureaucrats and the military seem incapable of employing, this translates into the imposition of martial law and a de facto government being run out of the Department of Defense. They are considering it. So should you.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:14 PM   #1415
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

of course MI is concerned that we might riot.

Because.. We might riot.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #1416
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze
 
Bronco Bob's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,600

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/20...ames-bond.html

Obama and Bond, James Bond


http://secretsun.blogspot.com/2009/0...ting-17th.html

Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Celebrating the 17th (UPDATES)
Don't you think the blue and gold chairs go well with the rug?

Today is February 17th and today Barack Obama will be in Denver signing the "Stimulus Package" into law. He's chosen a very strange venue to do so:

The bill-signing, an unusual event outside of Washington, will be Tuesday at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science in City Park... "This is like a dream," said George Sparks, director of the museum." - Denver Post

Funny, neither Sparks nor the Secret Service know why the museum was selected. Not to worry; while Obama is at the museum perhaps he'll make time to check out these exhibits:
Cool. I love the Denver Museum. When I was a little kid and we would
visit a relative in Denver, one of the must see things to do while in Denver
for me was to visit the Denver Museum.
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #1417
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

First quarter of mirror is about done - i just need a cover.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #1418
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

http://cryptogon.com/?p=7037
‘Absurd’ Conspiracy Theories Prevalent in Afghanistan

February 19th, 2009

Nato forces mistakenly supplied food, water and arms to Taliban forces in southern Afghanistan, officials today admitted.

Containers destined for local police forces were dropped from a helicopter into a Taliban-controlled area of Zabul province.

The coalition helicopter had intended to deliver pallets of supplies to a police checkpoint in Ghazni, a remote section of Zabul late last month.

By mistake they were dropped some distance from the checkpoint where it was taken by the Taliban, the Internal Security Affairs Commission of the Wolesi Jirga — the Afghan parliament’s lower house — was told.

Hamidullah Tukhi, a local politician from Zabul, told the parliamentary commission that the consignment had been taken by a local Taliban commander.

A Nato spokesman said the pallets were carrying rocket propelled grenades, ammunition, water and food.

—NATO Forces Supplied Food, Water and Arms to Taliban Forces in Southern Afghanistan

Via: Stars and Stripes:

To many in the Afghan capital, there’s an obvious explanation for the dramatic re-emergence of the Taliban — a force that seemed thoroughly dust-binned after the arrival of the world’s most powerful army seven years ago.

“Now,” as one 23-year-old Kabul shopkeeper, Qand Mohmadi, put it, “we think America is supporting both the Taliban and the Afghan government. That’s what everyone says.”

Indeed, the rumor of U.S. support for the Taliban is virtually ubiquitous in Kabul. And absurd as it might sound after a year in which American and other Western troops suffered record casualties in fighting with insurgents, many Kabul residents say they see at least a kernel of truth in the story.

“We don’t know for sure why they are doing it,” said Daoud Zadran, a middle-aged real estate broker. “Politics is bigger than our thoughts. But maybe America wants to build up the Taliban so they have an excuse to remain in Afghanistan because of the Iranian issue.”

Byzantine political conspiracy theories are nothing new in a region with little tradition of transparent government and where the arrival of international troops in 2001 was preceded by a long history of shadowy meddling by Western powers.

Still, the emergence of the rumor in what is easily Afghanistan’s most prosperous and best-educated city reflects a growing sense that the country is again sliding into chaos.


"....Many blamed corruption, with some seeing the U.S. or at least western companies in league with pilfering Afghan officials.

“This government is so corrupt that if Osama bin Laden and Mullah Omar were crossing the street together right outside, no one would call the police because they know the police would just take a bribe to let them go,” Rahman said.

But there’s also another theory about bin Laden.

“A lot of people say that Osama is really from America,” said Nasrallah Wazidi, shrugging noncommittally. “They say he’s just playing a role like a movie star...."
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #1419
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/today/tom..._this_wha.html

Do cells think...and is this what it sounds like?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today...00/7679354.stm
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #1420
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,991

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
http://cryptogon.com/?p=7037
‘Absurd’ Conspiracy Theories Prevalent in Afghanistan

February 19th, 2009

Nato forces mistakenly supplied food, water and arms to Taliban forces in southern Afghanistan, officials today admitted.

Containers destined for local police forces were dropped from a helicopter into a Taliban-controlled area of Zabul province.

The coalition helicopter had intended to deliver pallets of supplies to a police checkpoint in Ghazni, a remote section of Zabul late last month.

By mistake they were dropped some distance from the checkpoint where it was taken by the Taliban, the Internal Security Affairs Commission of the Wolesi Jirga — the Afghan parliament’s lower house — was told.

Hamidullah Tukhi, a local politician from Zabul, told the parliamentary commission that the consignment had been taken by a local Taliban commander.

A Nato spokesman said the pallets were carrying rocket propelled grenades, ammunition, water and food.

—NATO Forces Supplied Food, Water and Arms to Taliban Forces in Southern Afghanistan

Via: Stars and Stripes:

To many in the Afghan capital, there’s an obvious explanation for the dramatic re-emergence of the Taliban — a force that seemed thoroughly dust-binned after the arrival of the world’s most powerful army seven years ago.

“Now,” as one 23-year-old Kabul shopkeeper, Qand Mohmadi, put it, “we think America is supporting both the Taliban and the Afghan government. That’s what everyone says.”

Indeed, the rumor of U.S. support for the Taliban is virtually ubiquitous in Kabul. And absurd as it might sound after a year in which American and other Western troops suffered record casualties in fighting with insurgents, many Kabul residents say they see at least a kernel of truth in the story.

“We don’t know for sure why they are doing it,” said Daoud Zadran, a middle-aged real estate broker. “Politics is bigger than our thoughts. But maybe America wants to build up the Taliban so they have an excuse to remain in Afghanistan because of the Iranian issue.”

Byzantine political conspiracy theories are nothing new in a region with little tradition of transparent government and where the arrival of international troops in 2001 was preceded by a long history of shadowy meddling by Western powers.

Still, the emergence of the rumor in what is easily Afghanistan’s most prosperous and best-educated city reflects a growing sense that the country is again sliding into chaos.


"....Many blamed corruption, with some seeing the U.S. or at least western companies in league with pilfering Afghan officials.

“This government is so corrupt that if Osama bin Laden and Mullah Omar were crossing the street together right outside, no one would call the police because they know the police would just take a bribe to let them go,” Rahman said.

But there’s also another theory about bin Laden.

“A lot of people say that Osama is really from America,” said Nasrallah Wazidi, shrugging noncommittally. “They say he’s just playing a role like a movie star...."
Most of the countries involved in Afghanistan have had talks with Taliban leaders over the last 6 months to try to work with them to resume control of parts of Afghanistan.

What is really needed in Afghanistan is a major hearts and mind campaign, they need to win over the regular citizens who have no particular side. It should be so that every time a militant is seen he will be reported to the NATO forces, everybody should want to turn over the weapons that are hidden to the NATO forces. The NATO forces have to make themselves the good guys.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #1421
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

http://pof.aip.org/pof/gallery/2007-Zoueshtiagh.jsp

his video shows the movement of a deionized water drop provoked by surface acoustic waves. The waves are generated by means of an interdigited transducer laid on a piezoelectric substrate. Surface waves are launched when an alternating voltage at the resonance frequency of the transducers is applied. The waves propagating on the substrate surface reach the liquid/substrate interface and radiate a longitudinal wave into the liquid droplet. The latter causes a streaming movement within the drop. When SAW driving force reaches a certain critical value (depending on several parameters, such as the drop’s size and shape or the power input at the transducer), the force generated by the streaming enables the displacement of the drop in the direction of wave propagation.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:00 AM   #1422
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

A GUIDE TO CODED SECURITY MESSAGES
Hospitals, airports and other public places use coded messages in public address annoucements to inform personnel or security of a possible emergency, without causing panic to the general public. If you ever hear one of the following messages over the intercom, it might be time to run like hell.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:08 AM   #1423
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default Picture of 100ft-long 'snake' sparks fears of mythical monster in Borneo

Picture of 100ft-long 'snake' sparks fears of mythical monster in Borneo

According to legend, the Nabau was a terrifying snake more than 100ft in length and with a dragon's head and seven nostrils.

But now local villagers living along the Baleh river in Borneo believe the mythical creature has returned after this photo of a gigantic snake swimming along the remote waterways has emerged.

The picture, taken by a member of a disaster team monitoring flood regions by helicopter, has sparked a huge debate about whether the photos are genuine or merely the work of photo-editing software.



Even the respected New Straits Times newspaper in Kuala Lumpur has asked readers to make up their own minds about the photos.

Villagers who claim to have seen the snake say they have given it the name of Nabau, after an ancient sea serpent which can transform itself into the shapes of different animals.

People who have studied the photograph of the shape taken from the air have dismissed suggestions that it's a log.

As one writer asked: 'A log can't be that winding, can it?' Others have suggested it's a speedboat, but this has been dismissed because of the twisting wake.

The most common accusation is that the photo has simply been manipulated on a computer, while others complain that the river is a different colour to the real Baleh rover which is a murky brown.



Mythical: A second frame appears to show something snake-like in the water off a remote village

But villagers who insist the snake exists say that photos of the creature being taken in different parts of the river prove it is swimming about.

Earlier this month scientists unearthed the fossil of a killer snake that was longer than a bus, as heavy as a small car and which could swallow an animal the size of a cow.

The 45ft long monster - named Titanoboa - was so big that it lived on a diet of crocodiles and giant turtles, squeezing them to death and devouring them whole.

Weighing an impressive 1.25 tons, it slithered around the tropical forests of South America 60million years ago, just five million years after the last dinosaurs were wiped out.

Partial skeletons of the boa constrictor-like prehistoric killer were found in a Colombian coal mine by an international team of fossil hunters.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #1424
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default








(I was there, on the other side of the tent for the lightning and rain, etc)
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #1425
alkemical
Chaos Technician
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
Aethyr Engineering

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 4th dimension
Posts: 43,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris
Default

alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Denver Broncos