The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,861

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default Suggestion re: trolls

It's no secret that we've lost quite a few decent posters over the years because of the way trolls run rampant here. I understand TJ is big on freedom and doesn't like to boot trolls unless they really go overboard, but maybe we could come to some kind of compromise.

Maybe we could setup some kind of "smack talk" forum where the trolls could come to throw around their smack talk and those of us who wish to partake in that can go over there as well...leaving the general discussion forum open to more legitimate football takes.

Sound like a good idea?
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
It's no secret that we've lost quite a few decent posters over the years because of the way trolls run rampant here.

I've never known this to be the case. In fact, I can only think of one poster who ever wrote me to tell me he was leaving over "trolls." The most commonly cited reason for leaving the forum that I've received notes over is too many girly skin pics to make that person uncomfortable to surf the site at work or in their home living rooms.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I think the trolls are kept in check fairly well here. I've been on boards where the trolls are truly out of control and incredibly immature. Not here.

I think what it is, with the seasons the Broncos have had over the last several years, we just don't want to hear what fans from other teams have to say. Sometimes the truth hurts.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I think the trolls are kept in check fairly well here. I've been on boards where the trolls are truly out of control and incredibly immature. Not here.

I think what it is, with the seasons the Broncos have had over the last several years, we just don't want to hear what fans from other teams have to say. Sometimes the truth hurts.

I have to say that I pretty much agree with this point of view.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,861

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I've never known this to be the case. In fact, I can only think of one poster who ever wrote me to tell me he was leaving over "trolls." The most commonly cited reason for leaving the forum that I've received notes over is too many girly skin pics to make that person uncomfortable to surf the site at work or in their home living rooms.
Well TJ, I can tell you that I've exchanged PM's with at least 2 members who have given this reason to me, and another 2 who have indicated that through mutual friends I have here. They have asked me not to mention who they are and I will have to respect that.

Regardless, TJ, you have to know I'm not the only person who feels that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I think the trolls are kept in check fairly well here. I've been on boards where the trolls are truly out of control and incredibly immature. Not here.
I disagree. They may not be the royal d-bags we see on other forums, but they still cause problems here. Look how many legitimate discussions will get derailed because some troll with throw in some smack and then our fans get fired up and it all degenerates from there.

Quote:
I think what it is, with the seasons the Broncos have had over the last several years, we just don't want to hear what fans from other teams have to say. Sometimes the truth hurts.
I can count one hand the number of decent posters we have from other teams.

- Crazyhorse (post medical issues, God bless him)
- Naptown
- ROYC (for the most part)
- A Raiders fan whose user name I can't recall off hand

Beyond that, what other fans do we have here that aren't trolling? Just about every Charger fan we have either A) joined during or after 2006 or B) had joined before 2006 but never posted until 2006.

I can handle members that our fans of other teams just fine, provided they don't try to derail our threads with smack talk. Hell, I would be fine with the smack too, provided it was kept seperate like the WRP room. Then I could avoid it or participate depending on my mood.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
BuckinKaeding
Solid Starter
 
BuckinKaeding's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 223

Adopt-a-Bronco:
No-Yards Morano
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Well TJ, I can tell you that I've exchanged PM's with at least 2 members who have given this reason to me, and another 2 who have indicated that through mutual friends I have here. They have asked me not to mention who they are and I will have to respect that.

Regardless, TJ, you have to know I'm not the only person who feels that way.

I disagree. They may not be the royal d-bags we see on other forums, but they still cause problems here. Look how many legitimate discussions will get derailed because some troll with throw in some smack and then our fans get fired up and it all degenerates from there.



I can count one hand the number of decent posters we have from other teams.

- Crazyhorse (post medical issues, God bless him)
- Naptown
- ROYC (for the most part)
- A Raiders fan whose user name I can't recall off hand

Beyond that, what other fans do we have here that aren't trolling? Just about every Charger fan we have either A) joined during or after 2006 or B) had joined before 2006 but never posted until 2006.

I can handle members that our fans of other teams just fine, provided they don't try to derail our threads with smack talk. Hell, I would be fine with the smack too, provided it was kept seperate like the WRP room. Then I could avoid it or participate depending on my mood.
Yeah, they didn't have Chargers fans before 06, thats a well known fact.

Anyways, I would have been posting here a lot more if I ever got my confirmation email. I had to bug TJ about it on ChiefsPlanet.

I'll have 10,000 posts before you know it.
BuckinKaeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,803

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding View Post
Yeah, they didn't have Chargers fans before 06, thats a well known fact.

Anyways, I would have been posting here a lot more if I ever got my confirmation email. I had to bug TJ about it on ChiefsPlanet.

I'll have 10,000 posts before you know it.
Going by your recent posts, the anticipation underwhelms me.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #8
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,861

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

OK TJ, the trolls are jumping all over the Shanahan firing.


NOW will you consider doing something? Anything?
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
BuckinKaeding
Solid Starter
 
BuckinKaeding's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 223

Adopt-a-Bronco:
No-Yards Morano
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Going by your recent posts, the anticipation underwhelms me.
Thats too bad.

I refuse to post on any Chargers boards because I feel like I'm dealing with a bunch of retards.

Hopefully I can grow on you.
BuckinKaeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Denver Broncos