The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #226
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Before trying out his Christmas gift, Plaxico ponders his mother’s warning: “You’ll shoot your thigh out.”
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #227
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Jaguars cornerback Rashean Mathis will miss the rest of the season after injuring his right knee.

Mathis, who leads the team with four interceptions, sprained the medial collateral ligament in his knee Monday night at Houston and will likely go on injured reserve.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #228
jonny1
Ahhh, football!

Broncos' cheerleaders rule!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Before trying out his Christmas gift, Plaxico ponders his mother’s warning: “You’ll shoot your thigh out.”
jonny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #229
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

RAIDERS FUME ABOUT 3D DISS

Posted by Mike Florio on December 3, 2008, 8:50 p.m.

OK, so tomorrow night the NFL will broadcast for the first time a live game in 3D. The technology is incredible; we saw it earlier this year in the U2 concert film, and we believe it will unlock a new revenue stream for the NFL as folks in cities with five-figure season-ticket waiting lists host fans of the home team at $30 a pop to watch the game in life-like fashion at the local cineplex.

Originally, the league planned to show the Raiders at Chargers game in 3D at only three locations — San Diego, Los Angeles, and New York.

The selected locales made sense; the company that created the technology is located in L.A., the league office is located in New York, and the game is being played in San Diego.

As we hear it, however, the Raiders felt a bit left out, since a screening of the game in the Bay Area would have been a great way for the organization to engender goodwill with current local sponsors, potential local sponsors, and folks who plunk down big money each year for luxury suites at home games.

Actually, it would have made even more sense for the 3D version of the game to be shown in Oakland instead of San Diego, since the actual version of the game will be played in San Diego, and the folks whom the Chargers could be schmoozing at the theater will be at, you know, the football stadium.

But then, seemingly out of the blue, another team got in on the 3D action, with the Patriots announcing that the event also will be shown at the Emerald City the Krafts have constructed in the vicinity of Gillette Stadium.

We’re told that this specific development sent blood pressures in Oakland soaring.

And we can see their point. How do the Raiders get shut out completely from demonstrating the new technology via a game involving their team while the Patriots — who have no direct or indirect stake in the outcome — secure a valuable marketing tool?

We know that the Raiders are kind of a mess right now, but we fear that the league office might have dropped the ball on this one.

Besides, who wouldn’t have loved to have seen a picture of Raiders owner Al Davis wearing those big 3D glasses?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #230
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Burress will be a Raider, book it.

5 Reasons Plaxico “I shot the sheriff” Burress went to a New York City nightclub on Friday armed with a fully-loaded gun.

1) To protect himself against Philadelphia Eagles fans who fight so much that they have a court under the stadium just to handle the number of game-day arrests.
2) He wanted to make sure there would be no illegal contact when doing dance moves in the middle of the club.
3) Because groupies love NFL players with guns and Super Bowl Rings?
4) Because he is tired of being mistaken for Eli Manning all the time?
5) He wanted to make sure he could get enough signatures on a petition for Tom Coughlin to call more plays for him when he’s on the field.

Last edited by Los Broncos; 12-03-2008 at 06:11 PM..
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #231
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Just saw on ESPN News an dmaybe its been reported already but a Judge has blocked the suspensions of Kevin and Pat williams for the Vikings.,
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #232
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

-- The NFL Network guaranteed the purchase of enough tickets to lift the television blackout for the Chargers' home game against Oakland on Thursday night. According to a release by the Chargers, the NFL Network will donate most of the unsold tickets to local military personnel and to soldiers recovering at Balboa Navy Hospital.
The Chargers have had trouble selling tickets all season. It is no surprise they had to be bailed out this week. The Chargers are 4-8, have lost five of their past six games and are close to being eliminated in the AFC West.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #233
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...812040336/1027

Young skips practice with injury to thumb
By Jim Wyatt • THE TENNESSEAN • December 4, 2008
Titans backup quarterback Vince Young did not practice Wednesday and could be sidelined a few more days because of an infection in the cuticle of his right thumb.

Coach Jeff Fisher said the team's medical staff treated the infection, which surfaced after Thursday's game at Detroit, with an antibiotic but it didn't work.

Chris Simms worked as the No. 2 quarterback behind Kerry Collins in practice, although Fisher said he expected Young to be available for Sunday's game against Cleveland.

"We are just going to back him down from throwing for the next few days," Fisher said. "I don't see any problems at this point with him being able to play in the game.''

Young saw his first action since the season opener in last week's game at Detroit, coming off the bench in the fourth quarter of a 47-10 win.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #234
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

HASSELBECK CALLS BIG BEN A GIRL, IN JEST

Posted by Mike Florio on December 4, 2008, 1:33 p.m.

As part of the NFL’s “Play 60″ program aimed at encouraging kids to get off their overgrown rear ends and sweat out the Little Debbies to engage in at least an hour of physical activity per day, Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck was one of a dozen NFL players who went to school on Tuesday with a student.

At one point, Hasselbeck was asked by a young girl, “Do you think girls should be allowed to play in the NFL?” one girl asked.

“Girls can play in the NFL. Ben Roethlisberger plays for the Steelers, right?” Hasselbeck said.

Hasselbeck then said that he was joking.

Good luck convincing Steelers fans of that.

Matt? If you’re ever at a restaurant in Pittsburgh, don’t order a hamburger. Or, really, anything else. Unless you like saliva.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #235
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Big Ben is a big girl
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #236
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
-- The NFL Network guaranteed the purchase of enough tickets to lift the television blackout for the Chargers' home game against Oakland on Thursday night. According to a release by the Chargers, the NFL Network will donate most of the unsold tickets to local military personnel and to soldiers recovering at Balboa Navy Hospital.
The Chargers have had trouble selling tickets all season. It is no surprise they had to be bailed out this week. The Chargers are 4-8, have lost five of their past six games and are close to being eliminated in the AFC West.
That's pathetic. They can't sell out against arguably their biggest rival.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #237
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

JETS’ SHAUN ELLIS CHARGED WITH POT POSSESSION

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 4, 2008, 7:21 p.m.

Jets defensive lineman Shaun Ellis was charged with possession of marijuana, driving without insurance and speeding after a traffic stop over the weekend, the Daily Record is reporting.

“I apologize to my family, the fans and the organization,” Ellis said in a statement printed by the Daily Record. “As a captain, I set a poor example for my teammates as well as all NFL players. Although this is a pending legal matter, I understand that I have to be responsible for my actions.”

The Jets said they were aware of the incident but would not say whether he has been disciplined.

Ellis has started all 12 games this year and has seven sacks.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #238
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

As part of the NFL’s “Play 60″ program aimed at encouraging kids to get off their overgrown rear ends and sweat out the Little Debbies to engage in at least an hour of physical activity per day, Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck was one of a dozen NFL players who went to school on Tuesday with a student.

At one point, Hasselbeck was asked by a young girl, “Do you think girls should be allowed to play in the NFL?” one girl asked.

“Girls can play in the NFL. Ben Roethlisberger plays for the Steelers, right?” Hasselbeck said.

Matt? If you’re ever at a restaurant in Pittsburgh, don’t order a hamburger. Or, really, anything else. Unless you like saliva.
Right On!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #239
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

He might as well bring a sack lunch he won't be able to eat anywhere in pittsburgh.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #240
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

JUNIOR SEAU HEADING BACK TO NEW ENGLAND

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 4, 2008, 6:36 p.m.

Junior Seau’s NFL career might not be over just yet.

Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe reports that Seau is en route to New England, and the Patriots are considering signing him. Jim Trotter of Sports Illustrated reports that Seau has kept himself in tremendous shape and would be ready to go.

Seau, who will turn 40 next month, played all 16 games for the Patriots last season. Although he has been out of football since the Super Bowl, he hasn’t shut the door on returning.

Seau played 13 seasons for the Chargers, three for the Dolphins and two for the Patriots. He’ll be a Hall of Famer just as soon as he’s eligible, but his Hall of Fame eligibility may be close to getting pushed back another year.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #241
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Thank GOD for HGH right Seau?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #242
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

BARBER A GAME-TIME DECISION FOR COWBOYS

Posted by Josh Alper on December 5, 2008, 1:03 p.m.

Cowboys running back Marion Barber has had a week to recover from the dislocated pinkie toe he suffered on Thanksgiving, but he isn’t a sure bet to play this weekend. Barber hasn’t practiced this week and his status for Sunday’s game with the Steelers won’t be known until just before kickoff.

“We were assuming that Marion would play, but it’s a little more doubtful right now, so we’ll see [today],” coach Wade Phillips said.

The Cowboys are trying to find a shoe that would allow Barber the most comfort. Rookie Tashard Choice, who has 147 yards this season, is the only other running back on the roster. While he’s good for a rousing pregame speech, the Cowboys may opt to promote Alonzo Coleman from the practice squad as insurance for the lightly used backup.

In better injury news for the ‘Boys, DeMarcus Ware practiced with a brace on his hyperextended left knee and seemed set to return to the field on Sunday.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #243
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
JETS’ SHAUN ELLIS CHARGED WITH POT POSSESSION

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 4, 2008, 7:21 p.m.

Jets defensive lineman Shaun Ellis was charged with possession of marijuana, driving without insurance and speeding after a traffic stop over the weekend, the Daily Record is reporting.

“I apologize to my family, the fans and the organization,” Ellis said in a statement printed by the Daily Record. “As a captain, I set a poor example for my teammates as well as all NFL players. Although this is a pending legal matter, I understand that I have to be responsible for my actions.”

The Jets said they were aware of the incident but would not say whether he has been disciplined.

Ellis has started all 12 games this year and has seven sacks.
How does an NFL player not have insurance? Seriously.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #244
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
How does an NFL player not have insurance? Seriously.
probably just didn't have his proof of insurance on him. I don't know anyone who actually carries that in their car and the police use it as an easy "upcharge" on top of whatever ticket they write. You can always appeal and get it removed if you go to the judge, but they play the odds that you won't bother to take time out of your day to contest the ticket....unless, of course, you get bagged with drugs like this idiot.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #245
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
probably just didn't have his proof of insurance on him. I don't know anyone who actually carries that in their car and the police use it as an easy "upcharge" on top of whatever ticket they write. You can always appeal and get it removed if you go to the judge, but they play the odds that you won't bother to take time out of your day to contest the ticket....unless, of course, you get bagged with drugs like this idiot.
I don't know anyone who legitimately has insurance who doesn't keep it in their car. That's why the insurance comapanies give you three or four of the cards, and one of them clearly states "Keep this card in your vehicle".
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #246
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWYO View Post
I don't know anyone who legitimately has insurance who doesn't keep it in their car. That's why the insurance comapanies give you three or four of the cards, and one of them clearly states "Keep this card in your vehicle".
Ya. I thought no proof and no insurance were different.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #247
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I have never not had mine in my car. It's not that hard to put it in your glove compartment and leave it there. Pay all that money for insurance....bet your ass I am going to keep proof of it in my car.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #248
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
I have never not had mine in my car. It's not that hard to put it in your glove compartment and leave it there. Pay all that money for insurance....bet your ass I am going to keep proof of it in my car.
Same here!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #249
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Oddly enough, the only time I didn't have mine in my car, the cop didn't care.

Guess that "Support Law Enforcement" license plate got me a favor.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #250
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

‘Take me to a hospital:’ NFL star’s night out

In-depth article that explains exactly what went down with Plaxico Burress.