The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #151
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I'm loving the fact that Denver most likely will continue winning the AFC west because of the stupidity of other franchises. We need Al Davis, King Carl and Norv to stay in their positions for as long as possible.

I love being a Broncos fan in this wacked out division.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #152
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

SEAHAWKS PLACE KERNEY ON IR

Posted by Josh Alper on November 20, 2008, 7:51 p.m. EST

In an unsurprising development, the Seattle Seahawks placed defensive end Patrick Kerney on injured reserve yesterday. Kerney, the team’s sack leader with five, hasn’t played since Week 8’s victory against the 49ers because of a shoulder injury.

Kerney had exploratory surgery two weeks ago to see if he’d reinjured the labrum he hurt in last year’s playoffs. He hadn’t but neither treatment nor rehab was helping him recover and the decision was made to shut him down for the rest of the season. In addition to the five sacks, Kerney had 21 tackles and two forced fumbles this season.

Kerney has three years left on the six-year contract he signed as a free agent in 2007. The Seahawks claimed undrafted rookie defensive end Brandon Miller off waivers from Atlanta yesterday. Lawrence Jackson and Darryl Tapp have been starting in Kerney’s absence.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:21 PM   #153
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Dang...Troy with his second INT on the last play of the game in a week. Can we get him
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #154
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets rookie quarterback Erik Ainge was suspended four games by the NFL on Friday for violating the league's policy on steroids and related substances.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:29 AM   #155
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

A BIZARRE STORY FROM THE BAYOU

Posted by Mike Florio on November 22, 2008, 10:03 p.m.

Here’s one from a reliable source that, frankly, is too weird to be fabricated.

Saints owner Tom Benson owns various car dealerships. We’re told that, each year, he brings a mini-fleet of new cars to the team facility in the hopes of getting some of his employees to make a purchase.

As we hear it, the players don’t really appreciate the sales pitch, due in part to the perception that they aren’t offered much of a deal.

This year, some of them made it known.

On Saturday, when players arrived at the facility to continue preparations for Monday night’s home game against the Packers, more than one of the cars was coated in a certain byproduct of the human digestive system.

So much for that new car smell.

It’s believed that two or more players were responsible for the mess, but we’ve yet to confirm the names of the suspects.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:34 AM   #156
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Wtf!!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:49 PM   #157
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Adam "Pacman" Jones may finally be down to his last chance.

Sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Sunday that the Cowboys defensive back must strictly adhere to the terms of his reinstatement and any missteps will lead to a lifetime ban from the NFL.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #158
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Matt Cassel throws for 415 yards today, Kurt Warner had 351 yards, and Tony Romo and Chad Pennington both threw for 341 yards today.

CP runs for 143 yards today, Matt Forte runs for 132 yards, and Michael Turner had 117 yards and 4 TDs.

Terrell Owens with 213 yards receiving, Steve Smith had 168 yards receiving, and Isaac Bruce and Randy Moss each had 125 yards. Moss also had 3 TDs.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #159
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Ravens safety Ed Reed set a new NFL record for longest interception return today against the Eagles, picking off a Kevin Kolb pass eight yards deep in his own end zone and taking it to the house for a 108-yard touchdown.

The previous record holder? None other than Ed Reed, with a 106-yard return against the Browns in 2004.

Reed also intercepted Donovan McNabb in the first half and returned that one 43 yards. He now has 1,063 interception return yards in his career, putting him within 420 of Rod Woodson’s NFL record.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:07 AM   #160
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

MCNABB STILL THE EAGLES’ STARTER

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 24, 2008, 12:01 p.m.

Donovan McNabb will remain the Philadelphia Eagles’ starting quarterback, coach Andy Reid said today.

At his Monday press conference, Reid announced that McNabb — not Kevin Kolb — will start against the Cardinals on Thanksgiving. Reid benched McNabb for Kolb at halftime of the Eagles’ loss to the Ravens on Sunday.

Reid called the way the offense has been playing, with nine turnovers in the last two games, “absolutely ridiculous.” But he said he will stick with McNabb as the starter.

“Donovan McNabb will be our starting quarterback for the Arizona game on Thursday,” Reid said. “Sometimes you have to take a step back to step forward in a positive way and Donovan will do that. This has nothing to do with Kolb’s performance or Donovan’s performance. I think it was the right thing to do. I would not change my decision on what I did yesterday.”

Added Reid, “As much as we all want to dwell on this game, it’s not going to happen. We’re going to learn from it and move on.”

Asked if McNabb would be the starter for the rest of the season, Reid said, “Yeah, as I sit here right now he’s my quarterback. I’m telling you, he’s the starting quarterback. If I thought different then I’d start the other guy.”
Old 11-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #161
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

DOLPHINS’ CAMARILLO DONE FOR SEASON

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 24, 2008, 1:33 p.m. EST

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Greg Camarillo will miss the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury in the Dolphins’ loss to the Patriots Sunday.

“He’s done,” Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said.

Camarillo leads the Dolphins with 55 catches and 613 receiving yards this season. He signed a three-year, $6 million contract extension this year.

Camarillo has started all 11 games this year. Davone Bess, Brandon London and Ernest Wilford will compete for his spot in the starting lineup.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #162
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
About a month too late.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #163
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

PRO BOWL ON THE MOVE?

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 24, 2008, 2:23 p.m. EST

The NFL wants to make the Pro Bowl relevant, and it has a surprising way of doing it: Move it to the week before the Super Bowl.

Peter King of SI.com reports that this will probably be the last season that the Pro Bowl is played the week after the Super Bowl.

Per King, the league likely will announce the moving of the game to the weekend before the Super Bowl, either on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday night, and make the Pro Bowl part of the week of hype leading up to the Super Bowl. The Pro Bowl will also most likely be played in the same stadium as the Super Bowl most years, instead of in Honolulu.

That means that the 2010 Pro Bowl will be played on either January 30, January 31 or February 1 at Dolphins Stadium. It also means that no players from the two teams in the Super Bowl will play in the Pro Bowl, which means less star power for the league’s all-star game.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #164
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
PRO BOWL ON THE MOVE?

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 24, 2008, 2:23 p.m. EST

The NFL wants to make the Pro Bowl relevant, and it has a surprising way of doing it: Move it to the week before the Super Bowl.

Peter King of SI.com reports that this will probably be the last season that the Pro Bowl is played the week after the Super Bowl.

Per King, the league likely will announce the moving of the game to the weekend before the Super Bowl, either on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday night, and make the Pro Bowl part of the week of hype leading up to the Super Bowl. The Pro Bowl will also most likely be played in the same stadium as the Super Bowl most years, instead of in Honolulu.

That means that the 2010 Pro Bowl will be played on either January 30, January 31 or February 1 at Dolphins Stadium. It also means that no players from the two teams in the Super Bowl will play in the Pro Bowl, which means less star power for the league’s all-star game.
I actually quite like this idea.

Pro-Bowl just seems so pointless the week after the SB, it'd be a nice little bye week stop gap.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #165
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

LIONS GET EXTENSION TO SELL OUT FORD FIELD FOR THANKSGIVING

Posted by Josh Alper on November 24, 2008, 2:56 p.m. EST

There are less than 1,000 tickets available for Thursday’s annual Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit and the NFL is giving the team an extension to sell them so they can avoid a blackout.

Normally, a game must be sold out 72 hours before kickoff for the local television blackout to be lifted. The Lions will have until Tuesday to sell the remaining seats. According to Tom Kowalski of MLive.com, every time the Lions have been granted an extension, they avoided the blackout. If an 0-11 Lions team and a flailing local economy can’t do the trick, there probably won’t be anything that could kill that streak.

The Lions play the 10-1 Titans at 12:30 PM on Thursday.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #166
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
LIONS GET EXTENSION TO SELL OUT FORD FIELD FOR THANKSGIVING
This begs the question once again......if the locals don't want to see the Lions play, why force them on the whole country?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #167
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
A BIZARRE STORY FROM THE BAYOU

Posted by Mike Florio on November 22, 2008, 10:03 p.m.

Here’s one from a reliable source that, frankly, is too weird to be fabricated.

Saints owner Tom Benson owns various car dealerships. We’re told that, each year, he brings a mini-fleet of new cars to the team facility in the hopes of getting some of his employees to make a purchase.

As we hear it, the players don’t really appreciate the sales pitch, due in part to the perception that they aren’t offered much of a deal.

This year, some of them made it known.

On Saturday, when players arrived at the facility to continue preparations for Monday night’s home game against the Packers, more than one of the cars was coated in a certain byproduct of the human digestive system.

So much for that new car smell.

It’s believed that two or more players were responsible for the mess, but we’ve yet to confirm the names of the suspects.

I didn't know Naje Davenport plays for Saints!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #168
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 24, 2008, 1:33 p.m. EST

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Greg Camarillo will miss the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury in the Dolphins’ loss to the Patriots Sunday.

“He’s done,” Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said.

Camarillo leads the Dolphins with 55 catches and 613 receiving yards this season. He signed a three-year, $6 million contract extension this year.

Camarillo has started all 11 games this year. Davone Bess, Brandon London and Ernest Wilford will compete for his spot in the starting lineup.

That is a shame, I really liked the 2 games I saw him play.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #169
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Just a little something to pay attention to the last several weeks of the season.

Both Drew Brees and Kurt Warner are on pace to surpass Dan Marino's single season passing yardage mark of 5,084 yards.

Brees is on pace for 5,200 yards.

Warner is on pace for 5,100 yards.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #170
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

At the half:

NO 24

GB 21

Great game.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #171
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

It is great to see WR Lance Moore kicking ass for the Saints.

He is one of the all-time great Toledo Rockets and I am hoping he gets 1000+ yards this year.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #172
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
It is great to see WR Lance Moore kicking ass for the Saints.

He is one of the all-time great Toledo Rockets and I am hoping he gets 1000+ yards this year.
Didn't NIU own Toledo the year Turner was there?

My wife went to NIU, That is all the NIU smack I have.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #173
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Didn't NIU own Toledo the year Turner was there?

My wife went to NIU, That is all the NIU smack I have.
Nope....Toledo beat them 38-24 in 2000, 41-20 in 2001, 33-30 in 2002 and 49-30 in 2003.

Those were Turner's 4 years at NIU.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 11-24-2008 at 07:42 PM..
Old 11-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #174
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Sweet....Deuce McAllister gets a rushing TD to set the all-time Saints TD mark in what could be his final game as a Saint.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #175
Meck77

Packers are falling apart. Another INT by Rodgers. NO-38 GB 21

Why would this be Deuce's last game mid season? I missed that discussion.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote