The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #76
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Tuesday night CB24.
We beat you once, and we will beat you again.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:09 AM   #77
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.L.F. View Post
We beat you once, and we will beat you again.
Actually you guys played us pretty str8 up (i believe) last year. But you can change your moniker, but you cant run from a sound whipping from the Canucks.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:19 AM   #78
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Hey look, Sid the kid injured his puzzy again.

TAKE THAT SOCAL!
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #79
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
......... The difference between the Ducks and the Kings is that the Ducks still know how to finish the game. Last five games...5 and 0. I see 8 and 0 come Tuesday night CB24.
well, Pronger makes it a win in OT vs the Kings. I was off just a tad as the Ducks are now 7-0-1 in the last 8 games. Just wish we won in regular time as we gave the Kings a much blessed point. That is more than the Kings average.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:39 PM   #80
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
well, Pronger makes it a win in OT vs the Kings. I was off just a tad as the Ducks are now 7-0-1 in the last 8 games. Just wish we won in regular time as we gave the Kings a much blessed point. That is more than the Kings average.
Kings still have the edge in the season series. We got 3 points and you got 2 from our meetings. Your days are numbered in Anahiem, with the youth movement we have coming up. It's not gonna last...

so enjoy it for now.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #81
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Kings still have the edge in the season series. We got 3 points and you got 2 from our meetings. Your days are numbered in Anahiem, with the youth movement we have coming up. It's not gonna last...

so enjoy it for now.
I think Drew Doughty is going to be a stud but isnt there a youth named Kopitar that has only one goal? You need more than those two to free them up. As for our youth movement, I think Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry are pretty much set already to be stars (like they were first stars last week). Add young guys like Ryan Carter and our days are far from numbered. I hope you enjoy that 3 points to 2 points edge as it might be the only saving grace for a last place team......again.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #82
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Flyers acquired defenseman Matt Carle and the San Jose Sharks’ third round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Steve Eminger, Steve Downie and Tampa Bay’s fourth round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Don't know much about Carle but the front office loves his upside. I guess it's always good to get a promising young defenseman. The Flyers have had a good track record with trading for young promising defenseman (Braydon Coburn, Ryan Perant, and Randy Jones).
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #83
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Gritty 1-0 win vs nashville but damn budah just isn't consistant i will bet he plays like shyt his next start.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #84
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Flyers acquired defenseman Matt Carle and the San Jose Sharks’ third round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Steve Eminger, Steve Downie and Tampa Bay’s fourth round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Don't know much about Carle but the front office loves his upside. I guess it's always good to get a promising young defenseman. The Flyers have had a good track record with trading for young promising defenseman (Braydon Coburn, Ryan Perant, and Randy Jones).

Watched him with the pioneers for 4 years he played with statsney winning the championship in 04 and 05 carle has huge potential.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #85
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
I think Drew Doughty is going to be a stud but isnt there a youth named Kopitar that has only one goal? You need more than those two to free them up. As for our youth movement, I think Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry are pretty much set already to be stars (like they were first stars last week). Add young guys like Ryan Carter and our days are far from numbered. I hope you enjoy that 3 points to 2 points edge as it might be the only saving grace for a last place team......again.
You don't have a youth movement going on. You have one of the oldest teams in the NHL. Your goalie is ancient, Neids, Pronger, Gaymu Salami is almost 40, Hedican whom you recently picked up is almost 40, Brad May, Brendan Morrison. Calijohn you have DINOSAURS on your team man, pretty soon your team will sponsored by a company that makes Depends.

Getzlaf and Perry as the only two young guys you have, is NOT a youth movement Calijohn. They alone aren't going to save your team from declining, face it your teams best days are behind.

Meanwhile the Kings on the other hand, have a full blown youth movement going on. They have quite a few forwards that are under 25. For example, we have Oscar Moller who already has 4 goals and 3 assists on the season, he is 19. Picked in the second round. Another guy named Patrick O'Sullivan who is 23, is a potential 30 goal scorer and top line guy. Then there is Dustin Brown, who is 24 and already the team captain, already has a 30 goal season under his belt to go a long with his hard hits. Simmonds, who made the jump to the Kings straight from the juniors, is only 20 and is playing on the energy line for the Kings now. Then there is Brian Boyle, who is 24 and will be a power center for the Kings. He is HUGE at 6 foot 7 at 250, he will be an immovable player when he is planted in front of the goalie. I don't even need to mention how Kopi plays.

In fact I won't even get started with who we have in the pipeline, that would be too long for me write about. Basically we have Purcell, Lewis, Cliche, Moulson, Meckler, Parse etc. The list goes on.

Now thats just the forwards Calijohn, let's talk about the youth movement we have going on Defense. It was looking bleak for a little bit there with only Jack MF Johnson as the only young stud. Then we drafted Thomas Hickey , who has drawn many comparisons to your own Rob Neidermayer. Hickey is already bulking up and be ready to play in the NHL by next year at 20 years of age. Then in our most recent Draft our GM Dean Lombardi didn't stop there, oh no, he went ahead and drafted two more studs in the first round by selecting Doughty, and Teubert. Then there is Alec Martinez, Drew Bagnall, Harrold, Voinov,Piskula etc. Many NHL experts think our defense is going to be the most scary defense in the NHL in 2-3 years.

Not convinced yet John? Lets talk about the Kings young Goalies. First of all there is a young man named Jonathan Bernier, who seemingly has played in just about every international or Junior level tournament there is and won there. He plays very well in big games and lives for it. Projected to be a starting netminder for the Kings and there aren't many flaws in his game...if any.

Jonathan Quick has the talent to develop into a star NHL goaltender according to many scouts, but I would say a solid netminder is more likely in his future.Then we have Linden Rowat, Danny Taylor, Martin Jones etc. The Kings have added a lot of depth in the Goalie pipeline, one of the things Dean Lombardi stresses is that he doesn't rush development. He should know because he developed Kiprussoff, Nabakov, and Toskala when he was with the Sharks organization.

So that about sums it up, your team is on the decline, as is the Dallas Stars. The Sharks have a few good years left, and the Coyotes are on the rise as well. But it is clear the Kings have the best quantity and quality of youth on the team in the NHL. Ducks are just a collection of Dinosaurs at this point.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #86
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

PIT 7 DET 6 (OT)

Jordan Mother****ing Staal. What a night for him.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #87
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

No ****.... #11 has a big night on 11/11
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #88
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Kings win 3 straight by beating the Stars 3-2.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #89
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Kings win their 4th straight game, beating the Stars again 3-2.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #90
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

PIT 5 PHI 4

Sid with 2 goals.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:21 AM   #91
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Socal,

Do you think Crosby's really playing up to the hype? I don't think so. In my honest opinion i think he needs to learn to slow down sometimes and pick his spots. His speed is an asset and does help at really setting things up at times - but in other ways i feel like..his impatience holds him back at times.

I'm really happy with Staal though...and Malkin...

Don't get me wrong on Crosby - i still think he's a great player - but the hype they had built for him i don't think he can live up to.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #92
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Drew Doughty for Calder campaign continues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKx9-azAqo8

Dude is only 18 yrs old and is logging in 27 minutes in the last game against the stars with a plus 1.

A JMFJ/Doughty pairing for the next decade will rule the world and prevent the Malkins and Crosbys from getting a Cup.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #93
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default THN ranks Teubert as #1 Prospect.

Quote:
1. Colten Teubert, D – Regina Pats (WHL): Expect Teubert to make a serious run at a spot on L.A.’s blueline next year. He’s already rock-solid physically, but has taken this year in junior to up his game in other categories. His 18 points in 21 games is just three off his season total from last year and his plus/minus is up 24 points to plus-16. Drafted 13th overall by Los Angeles in 2008.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/19819-.html
Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #94
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Calijohn...so your demise begins...

Quote:
"Brian Burke is out as general manager of the Anaheim Ducks and senior vice president of hockey operations Bob Murray is in.

Sources tell TSN Burke will remain in a senior advisory capacity with the Ducks for now but that the final word on any hockey operations decisions in Anaheim will be made by Murray. Sources say Burke will, in this advisory capacity, have the ability to freely negotiate future employment opportunities as a GM in the NHL.

That would pave the way for Burke to be hired as president and GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs in the days, weeks or months ahead, if the Leafs and Burke so desire. And there is strong reason to believe that is precisely what will happen."
Old 11-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #95
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Barry Melrose just got canned.

per TSN.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #96
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Barry Melrose just got canned.

per TSN.

Living up to his hairs legacy was a big comb to fill.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:34 PM   #97
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Kings beat the Capitals. 5-2.

Doughty scored his third goal of the season and Sully scored his 4th goal.

Doughty for Calder is gaining steam every game.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:17 AM   #98
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ohn&id=3710601

• If the Penguins get Sergei Gonchar and Ryan Whitney back at 100 percent, they will have the deepest defensive corps in the NHL. Kris Letang's game has taken leaps since last season. Alex Goligoski has a high IQ on the power play. I think the Penguins will trade one of them because they are such similar players. Pittsburgh will be in a position to get a good player they want/can afford come trade deadline time because they have so many quality defensemen. (Six are Americans.) Another Penguins observation has been Matt Cooke's excellent play with Jordan Staal of late.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #99
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
Quote:
• Right now, Los Angeles Kings defenseman Drew Doughty is my Calder Trophy favorite.

Also...

Quote:
2. Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings - 161 points

The Kings are flush with talented young blueliners, but Doughty is the ace. His skating and puck-moving ability is obvious, but he's also a team-leading plus-6 to go along with his pair of goals and six points.

If I were a betting man, however, I'd wager on Doughty winning the Calder for three reasons:

1. He represents this amazing moment in the NHL where teenage players have been able to step in and make a difference for their teams.

2. As good as Brassard is, it's still going to be a challenge to keep up the offensive pace he's established, even playing up with Rick Nash. At this point last season, Patrick Kane had 22 points in his Calder-winning campaign. Doughty, meanwhile, hasn't even scratched the surface of his offensive potential this season; plus, his criteria for the trophy aren't strictly numbers-based.

3. If you believe in these types of things, then a defenseman is "due" for the Calder. And there's a very good chance Doughty could be at the top of a very, very good rookie class for blueliners.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,123679
Old 11-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #100
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

SOL vs colorado
Svatos Hejduk punch in both attempts and budaj blanks both kings shooters.

And Zeiler made the list. Tue Dec 9, 2008

Last edited by Bronx33; 11-23-2008 at 11:01 AM..