The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #126
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Hokies!!!!!
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:30 PM   #127
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

beat me to the bump
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #128
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

OK, I'm a believer.... Eddie is a baller!!!!!
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #129
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

DeAngelo Hall is Eddies b****
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #130
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

hahahahahaha, when's he gonna come eat some crow?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #131
lod01
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- The New England Patriots need a lot more than the return of Tom Brady.

The team that was nearly perfect needs a defense that doesn't give up three drives of 70 yards or more and special teams that don't allow two kick returns for touchdowns -- all in the first half.

The Philadelphia Eagles did all that Friday night and won 27-17, a score that was closer than their domination of a team that was 18-0 before losing last season's Super Bowl but is 0-3 in exhibition games.

"I've only been here two games and things haven't been good," said Patriots safety John Lynch, who signed after being released by Denver. "I don't think you put too much stock on results, but we've still got to regroup."

Brady has yet to play in a game while nursing a right foot injury. Coach Bill Belichick wasn't asked about his condition, but it doesn't appear to be serious and the NFL MVP could be back for the season opener Sept. 7 against Kansas City.

The Eagles returned two kicks for touchdowns in the last 1:35 of the first half, Donovan McNabb led three long drives, and backup Kevin Kolb directed a 90-yard march to David Akers' second field goal on their opening series of the third quarter.

"My confidence comes from how the team feels and I think the team is really on a high right now," McNabb said.

After Akers' 24-yard field goal made it 27-3, Matt Cassel was done for the night after failing for the third straight game to show he deserved to remain as backup to Brady.

Cassel completed 8 of 14 passes for 60 yards and hasn't led a touchdown drive on any of his 15 series, although starting linemen Matt Light and Stephen Neal have been sidelined all three games. Cassel hobbled off after being sacked on his last play with about 10 minutes left in the third quarter.

Cassel did "some good things, some could have been done better," Belichick said. "Protection at times was a problem."

He gave Matt Gutierrez a better review after the second-year pro threw fourth-quarter touchdown passes of 1 yard to Chad Jackson and 6 yards to C.J. Jones against backups.

"Matt did a good job of leading the team," Belichick said of Gutierrez. "He hung in there well."

But, Gutierrez said, "one or two good plays weren't enough."

While Cassel, entering his fourth season, struggled, five-time Pro Bowler McNabb rebounded from an unproductive game to go 13-for-17 for 180 yards and a 7-yard touchdown pass to Jason Avant.

The Eagles (2-1) beat Carolina 24-13 in their previous game, although McNabb and the first-team offense were scoreless in six possessions on a wet, sloppy field.

"Last week was kind of mixed emotions because of the conditions and the weather," McNabb said. "We had several key mistakes so we were able to learn from that."

McNabb missed two games last season because of ankle and thumb injuries but led the Eagles to wins in their last three games that left them at 8-8 and out of the playoffs. He also missed some offseason practices with a shoulder injury.

Leading 10-0 Friday, he nearly threw a 7-yard scoring pass to Hank Baskett. But Belichick challenged, and replay officials ruled Baskett lost the ball before crossing the goal line and it went out of bounds, giving New England a touchback.

The Patriots managed a 35-yard field goal by Stephen Gostkowski on the next series -- with the big play a 47-yard gain on a defensive pass interference call.

Then it was the special teams' turn to collapse.

Quintin Demps returned the kickoff 101 yards for a touchdown that Patriots fullback Heath Evans took the blame for.

And when Cassel couldn't get a first down on the next possession, DeSean Jackson ran back Chris Hanson's punt 76 yards for another touchdown on the final play of the half, making it 24-3.
"The punter got a good kick and kind of outkicked his coverage," Jackson said.

Belichick threw his headset to the ground and bellowed at Hanson on the sideline. Had he punted out of bounds, the Eagles would have had time for no more than a play or two before halftime.

The Patriots could have another problem. Wes Welker, who tied for the NFL lead with 112 receptions last season, left with a rib injury in the second quarter and didn't return. The team did not comment on his condition.

Eagles right guard Shawn Andrews, who revealed recently that he has been diagnosed with clinical depression, played his first exhibition game.

"I was very pleased, with the exception of a couple of plays," he said. "I really feel like I'm close to where I need to be for the opener."

An early sign of the Patriots' futility came on their first offensive play when Randy Moss was thrown for a 5-yard loss on an end around. The tackler? Former Patriots Pro Bowl cornerback Asante Samuel, who signed a $58 million, six-year contract with the Eagles in the offseason.

"It was fun," Samuel said. "I have something to call him and joke about with him."

Now the Patriots have just one more game to get things straightened out before the regular season -- an exhibition against the Super Bowl champion Giants on Thursday night.

"I know one thing," Evans said. "We're a Bill Belichick-coached football team and we're going to find a way to get better."

AND 4 catches for 67 yards--I like Eddie but all of us will keep a close eye on this to see how it proceeds throughout the season. In addition, Royal will have Marshall as his partner on the outside while Jackson will not have a player of Brandon's caliber helping him out. IF Jackson continues to out produce Royal I will be a bit miffed...
You really need to go away because you have zero ability to judge WR talent. I have both Marshall and Royal on my FFL dynasty team because I do know WR talent when I see it.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #132
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
hahahahahaha, when's he gonna come eat some crow?
I prefer my crow lightly seasoned with a lil' shake n' bake. Royal is owning both of Oaklands corners--he looks GREAT. I could have used him on my fantasy team this weekend.
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #133
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I hope Broncofan7 shuts the **** up about this now. I think we got THE better player. Can a mod lock this thread now.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #134
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
You really need to go away because you have zero ability to judge WR talent. I have both Marshall and Royal on my FFL dynasty team because I do know WR talent when I see it.
STFU--both Jackson and Royal are quality players--I stated that. My question was whether or not we drafted the more explosive & consistent one.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #135
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I'd like to be the one to bump this and say **** YOU BRO YOU ARE WRONG
well perhpas I was --but their is no need to say **** you--So go suck my long italian dick doggcow.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #136
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
I hope Broncofan7 shuts the **** up about this now. I think we got THE better player. Can a mod lock this thread now.
For those that wanted Captain Sunglasses aka Mesean can eat a ****. Royal is the whole package without the prima donna.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #137
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

and we all can see the answer lock the thread
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #138
rovolution
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Looks like its just as i predicted!!1

Eddie is making his own badass plays as well!!!1

BTW Eddie is light years ahead of desean when it comes to route running.

Hes running routes out there like a 10 year veteran.
rovolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #139
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovolution View Post
Looks like its just as i predicted!!1

Eddie is making his own badass plays as well!!!1

BTW Eddie is light years ahead of desean when it comes to route running.

Hes running routes out there like a 10 year veteran.
He does look very fluid and Crisp--the way he shook Nmandi was amazing. He has that 2 yard radius quickness that cannot be taught--Desean is more of a leaner/diagonal whereas eddie can stop and start on a dime. As i wrote earlier..I like my crow lightly seasoned with a lil shake n bake! Eddie is the MAN!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #140
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Sore loser.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #141
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Glad you took your licks. They are both amazing players!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #142
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Too bad Draftbustahan can't draft.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #143
KS Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steven Johnson

royal is sitting on my fantasy bench, but cutler is LIGHTING IT UP for me!
KS Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #144
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
STFU--both Jackson and Royal are quality players--I stated that. My question was whether or not we drafted the more explosive & consistent one.
NO. "ME"sean is a a$$clown off the field. Hes the next problem player in the NFL and his stupid antics at CAL prove that.
Thats the real reason Shanny passed on him. he is very talented, but well, thats all mute now huh.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:37 PM   #145
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:49 PM   #146
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

God royal is the real deal. He is the next steve smith. He's annihilating the fabled Raiders secondary that was supposed to be so good!
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:54 PM   #147
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Eddie Royal made DeAngelo Williams look like the rookie out there. That was shades of Eddie Mac vs Shawn Springs.

Kid is a player.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #148
Merlin
Ring of Famer

And this is a clear example why people should STFU and not let their hate rule their intellect until the games have been played. There really is no comparison between the 2 WR from what we could see in just their first game in the season, and Eddie facing by FAR the more difficult competition.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #149
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
AND 4 catches for 67 yards--I like Eddie but all of us will keep a close eye on this to see how it proceeds throughout the season. In addition, Royal will have Marshall as his partner on the outside while Jackson will not have a player of Brandon's caliber helping him out. IF Jackson continues to out produce Royal I will be a bit miffed...[/COLOR]

best performance of ANY wr in week 1...

what's the score now?...
Gcver2ver3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #150
TallyBronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
well perhpas I was --but their is no need to say **** you--So go suck my long italian dick doggcow.
Glad to see it hurts so bad. Probably a familiar feeling, though.
TallyBronco is offline   Reply With Quote