The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #51
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericon View Post
There's all sorts of rumours going around about a 3-Way deal involving the Kings, Blackhawks and Senators. From Sportsnet.ca:

Just FYI, I'd be perfectly fine with raping the Kings like that. Even Seabrook is worth Kopitar.

No way it will happen, Spector totally shot it down. It was a rumor started by some retard Canadian that suggested Kopitar be "thrown" in the package. I would rather phone Florida or Calgary for Boumeester/Phaneuf package for Kopitar...but just Seabrook? Pass.

Now some real news...

Quote:
Terry Murray has been hired as the new coach of the Los Angeles Kings.

A team spokesman said Wednesday that Murray will be introduced Thursday at a news conference at the Kings' training facility in suburban El Segundo.

Murray coached the Philadelphia Flyers to the Stanley Cup finals 11 years ago. He has been an assistant coach with the Flyers since the 2003-04 season.

Murray will succeed Marc Crawford, who was fired June 10 after two years on the job.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=243584&l...s=topStory_nhl

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #52
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Well, I also heard this:

Quote:
Sens get: Khabibulin,Barker and Sharp
Kings get: Gerber, Seabrook and Neil or Vermette
Hawks get: Ersberg,Preissing ,O'Sullivan and Vermette or Neil
Which would be raping the Hawks HARDCORE.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #53
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Well, I also heard this:

Which would be raping the Hawks HARDCORE.
None of which will happen. Kings are more concerned with locking up 'Sully, signing Doughty, and getting Kopitar and JMFJ locked up as well. That's why our team salary is so low. I'm highly doubt Sully goes anywhere, Dean Lombardi thinks very highly of him and thats why we traded for him. He isn't going anywhere. As far as the Goalie situation...we have a goalie logjam and we will need to see what we got when training camp rolls around. No need to pick up an overpaid goalie right now.

Nothing will happen when you mention Sully, Kopitar et al. Those guys are being traded for overrated Goalies? Please. These rumors are silly and are just as retarded as the crap Eklund puts forth.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:20 AM   #54
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
None of which will happen. Kings are more concerned with locking up 'Sully, signing Doughty, and getting Kopitar and JMFJ locked up as well. That's why our team salary is so low. I'm highly doubt Sully goes anywhere, Dean Lombardi thinks very highly of him and thats why we traded for him. He isn't going anywhere. As far as the Goalie situation...we have a goalie logjam and we will need to see what we got when training camp rolls around. No need to pick up an overpaid goalie right now.

Nothing will happen when you mention Sully, Kopitar et al. Those guys are being traded for overrated Goalies? Please. These rumors are silly and are just as retarded as the crap Eklund puts forth.
Well, word NOW is that the deal was rejected by the NHL.

I don't doubt what you say about who would get moved, but I do believe a deal is in the works, and Khabibulin to the Kings makes huge sense for both sides...
Old 07-17-2008, 12:48 AM   #55
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Well, word NOW is that the deal was rejected by the NHL.
It was never in the works...and no one is going to get O'Sullivan/Kopitar. This was a BS rumor started by some retard Canadian on TSN.

By the way, Insiders say that if any team offers Sully a contract, Dean will match it and then that team will get ****ed by Dean when one of their players is a RFA.

Quote:
I don't doubt what you say about who would get moved, but I do believe a deal is in the works, and Khabibulin to the Kings makes huge sense for both sides...
We will have to see, we don't need to make a deal right now. We'll see what we got when training camp rolls around, Bernier is going to make a strong case again for the #1 spot. Plus Ersberg and Labarbera will have a say as well.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:15 AM   #56
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
It was never in the works...and no one is going to get O'Sullivan/Kopitar. This was a BS rumor started by some retard Canadian on TSN.

By the way, Insiders say that if any team offers Sully a contract, Dean will match it and then that team will get ****ed by Dean when one of their players is a RFA.

We will have to see, we don't need to make a deal right now. We'll see what we got when training camp rolls around, Bernier is going to make a strong case again for the #1 spot. Plus Ersberg and Labarbera will have a say as well.
Why do you keep throwing out "Some Canadian" as if it somehow discredits the rumour, or even relevant? Do you have some inside connections in the Kings organization? The rumour cropped up all over the place, and there was a lot of inconsistency about who was being given up by whom, which is typically a good indicator that there is a deal in the works. I scoffed at the idea that Kopitar or O'Sullivan were being moved, and their names were probably put into the mix by some internet retard, but that doesn't mean a deal isn't coming(It's probably not, but come on! It's the offseason! Have some fun!). I think that a deal between the Sens, Hawks and Kings is coming, and people were looking at who would be moved, and someone threw in the name Barker(Because our top 4 is set, and he's on the outside looking in), which turned into Barker or Seabrook, and someone else saw that and said "Seabrook? It must be for someone awesome...Like Kopitar.", but none of that means that the rumours about a deal happening are bull****. Besides which, look at it from my perspective. The Hawks HAVE to deal someone, which makes every rumour that much more credible. If you ask me, it'd be closer to Khabibulin and Meszaros to the Kings, Barker and someone on the Kings to the Sens and Frolov + Gerber to the Blackhawks. Something along those lines. I don't think a blockbuster is in the works, but it was fun to think about. Just look at it:

Ladd-Kopitar-Havlat
Campbell-Sopel

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Keith-Seabrook

That is fun to think about.

The reason why Khabibulin would make sense is because you're under the floor(By about 10 Million). Khabibulin is a boost at a need spot, with a big, short-term contract.

Pssshhhh...No need to be so dismissive(or to bash my country while doing it).
Old 07-17-2008, 03:07 AM   #57
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Why do you keep throwing out "Some Canadian" as if it somehow discredits the rumour, or even relevant? Do you have some inside connections in the Kings organization? The rumour cropped up all over the place, and there was a lot of inconsistency about who was being given up by whom, which is typically a good indicator that there is a deal in the works. I scoffed at the idea that Kopitar or O'Sullivan were being moved, and their names were probably put into the mix by some internet retard, but that doesn't mean a deal isn't coming(It's probably not, but come on! It's the offseason! Have some fun!). I think that a deal between the Sens, Hawks and Kings is coming, and people were looking at who would be moved, and someone threw in the name Barker(Because our top 4 is set, and he's on the outside looking in), which turned into Barker or Seabrook, and someone else saw that and said "Seabrook? It must be for someone awesome...Like Kopitar.", but none of that means that the rumours about a deal happening are bull****. Besides which, look at it from my perspective. The Hawks HAVE to deal someone, which makes every rumour that much more credible. If you ask me, it'd be closer to Khabibulin and Meszaros to the Kings, Barker and someone on the Kings to the Sens and Frolov + Gerber to the Blackhawks. Something along those lines. I don't think a blockbuster is in the works, but it was fun to think about. Just look at it:

Ladd-Kopitar-Havlat
Campbell-Sopel

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Keith-Seabrook

That is fun to think about.

Pssshhhh...No need to be so dismissive(or to bash my country while doing it).
Cmon, I been to Toronto and Vancouver...and I when I am there I give Canadians a bunch of **** over hockey. Like the last time, I was in Toronto I gave them **** about the Kings/Leafs conference finals. With Vancover...they hate Jack Johnson. It goes both ways though, they like to make fun of my craptastic Kings.

So don't take it personally, I like Canada a lot to be honest. I've even been called a canadian on this board and elsewhere many times.

Second point, I discredit the rumour because it started like two weeks ago on the TSN site in their rumour section or something. Some moron on there says Kopitar should be involved in the talks. No inside info mentioned from him, but now two weeks later it is believable? I don't buy it. If a deal was in the works...I would know about it. There isn't with the Kings at this moment, we may still deal for a left shot defenseman at some point.

I don't think of these rumors as fun...especially when they involve your favorite players. Kopitar is the franchise, he isn't going anywhere. Just ask Socal if he thought the rumors of Malkin coming to Los Angeles was fun for him to read about.

Quote:
The reason why Khabibulin would make sense is because you're under the floor(By about 10 Million). Khabibulin is a boost at a need spot, with a big, short-term contract.
Wrong. Sully, Doughty, Stoll et all will bring us close to the floor, if not to the floor.

1) Doughty is gonna get signed.
2) Dean said "achievable bonuses" for JMFJ and others count against the cap (1.2 mil)
3) They still have to sign several RFA's (O'Sullivan, Richardson, Still, Gauthier, Moulson, Harrold & Ersberg)

There's 40 right there.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #58
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Hawks general manager Dale Tallon has heard the rumors of a possible blockbuster trade involving the Blackhawks, Los Angeles Kings and Ottawa Senators that would exchange some big names. Problem is, he says, that's all they are — rumors. And they aren't true.

"Things are quiet right now," Tallon said Wednesday. "Somebody's making a good deal in their head."

The Hawks are above the salary cap, but Tallon isn't worried about getting the team below it before the season begins and said he mostly is keeping an eye on potential movement with free agents.

"I don't foresee anything happening in the next couple of weeks," Tallon said.
You win(Not that a GM's word is worth anything). Khabibulin to the Kings still makes a ****load of sense, though, no matter what you say.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #59
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
You win(Not that a GM's word is worth anything). Khabibulin to the Kings still makes a ****load of sense, though, no matter what you say.
Quote:
WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN KHABIBULIN. PERIOD. - Dean Lombardi
It's not for me to say...I don't run the team.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #60
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmXTWGx13lU
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #61
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owk4S0GGDbU
Old 08-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #62
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Sakic: Final decision due within weeks

In a lengthy interview on Denver's "FM Sports Radio 104.3 The Fan" this morning, Avalanche captain Joe Sakic said he still hasn't decided whether to play in the upcoming 2008-09 season or retire. Appearing on the radio to promote his upcoming charity golf tournament and "Bringing Hope to the Table" dinner, Sakic said he hoped to make a decision soon. "I needed some extra time this year," he told hosts Sandy Clough and Mike Evans. "It's been a very, very difficult decision to make. I'm hoping to have something here in the next couple of weeks, make my final decision and go forward with it." Sakic added, "I will say I don't want this to linger too much longer. I should make my final decision pretty soon. Whatever that is, I want to make sure it's 100 percent sure." Sakic said he has been communicating with both general manager Francois Giguere and coach Tony Granato. "When I talked to Francois in June, we both understood that the team was going to go forward, regardless of what my decision was going to be, and that enabled me to take as much time as I could," Sakic said. "Right now, I know training camp's approaching rapidly. Summer's gone by pretty fast. I'm going to make my decision here pretty shortly." Sakic emphasized that he was making his decision solely based on his own situation, and not allowing other factors - including the coaching change from Joel Quenneville to Tony Granato and the state of the roster - to come into play. "It's just how I feel," he said. "At the end of the year, to be honest with you, I didn't know if I was going to come back. I needed that time to really think about my future. It was a tougher decision than I thought it was going to be at the end of the year. . . It's all about whether I feel I'm ready to go another year. That's the biggest thing for me: Am I prepared to do what it takes to be successful for another year. I know how much time you have to put in off the ice because playing hockey is the easy part." He noted that he had learned "that the older you get, the more you have to put in. Know what, it wouldn't be fair if you just showed up to the rink and say, 'OK, I'm ready to play," and not put in the time off the ice. It wouldn't be fair for yourself, it wouldn't be fair for the organization, it wouldn't be fair for anybody if you're not ready to do the things you need to do to be the best that you can be." Sakic confirmed the prevailing wisdom that he doesn't want to be anything other than a full-time, first-line center playing in the range of 20 minutes. "I have to be honest with my body and myself and know that if I come back, I want to come back and help the team, and help the team be successful," he said. "If I can't be that player, then I don't think it would be fair to the team or myself to play."

Last edited by Bronx33; 08-11-2008 at 09:06 PM..
Old 08-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #63
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Shouldn't he already be in near-ready to play shape? Most guys who plan to play an 82 game season usually stay in pretty good shape year round, no? I hope he does come back, personally.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote