The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #26
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default Visnovsky traded

WOW! Kings continue to make moves that I never see coming...I got home last night and read about this...

Quote:
From Edmonton, to the Kings...

Jarret Stoll, center... Stoll, 26, made $2.2 million last season, when he totaled 14 goals and 22 assists in 81 games. Stoll is a restricted free agent this summer. His best season, statistically, was his second full season, 2005-06, when he had 22 goals and 46 assists in 82 games. He had concussion issues in 2006-07 that limited him to 51 games.

Matt Greene, defenseman... Greene, 25, is due $1.15 million next season and will be a restricted free agent in the summer of 2009. Greene had zero goals and one assist in 46 games last season. His season was limited because of a broken ankle. In 2006-07, his first full NHL season, Greene had one goal, nine assists and 109 penalty minutes in 78 games.

Lubomir Visnovsky is due $5.6 million next season in the first year of his contract extension.
Cleared 2 million off the books, Edmonton can have his bloated salary. Looks like we are going to sign some of our young guys to long term contracts pretty soon as well as our D-Line getting tougher and going to make room for the JMFJ's, Doughty, Hickey, Teubert etc.

Also Lombardi has hinted toward signing a Dman not named Rob Blake, some say he is talking about Orpik and also said he has about 30 candidates for the HC job...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:12 PM   #27
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Liles and Foote re-signed by Colorado. Liles probably would've got more on the open market but 4.5 mil a year is reasonable. I'd have more concern over what they signed Foote for, if I'm an avs fan. Dude's getting slower and slower and his physical presence is quickly diminishing.

Anyone else think the Avs go after Kolzig?
Maybe, we need someone cause Bujda isn't gonna get it done...good back-up but not a goalie you want to start every night
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:22 AM   #28
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Wings re-sign Stuart...3.75 mil per year is a-ok with me. That pairing with Kronwall made the difference this postseason.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:34 AM   #29
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Wings re-sign Stuart...3.75 mil per year is a-ok with me. That pairing with Kronwall made the difference this postseason.
Well that sucks...I was hoping Stewie comes back in a Kings Uni. Kings need to spend to reach the salary floor...Orpik please. Right now we are the youngest team in the NHL, Kings are expected to sign Rob Blake today and possibly Modry to fill out our backend. Our coaching search won't be over for a week or two.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #30
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Word is Andrew Raycroft to the Avs...Hell, they may as well have kept Three or Four...Of course, the prettiest goalie alive just got 4.5 mil in Washington--they must be pushing for the #1 pick next year.

Wings are about to sign Ty Conklin. Ambivalence washes over me.

Last edited by Smiling Assassin27; 07-01-2008 at 02:34 PM..
Old 07-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #31
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Chicago signed goaltender Cristobal Huet, four years, $5.625 million per season.

Colorado has signed forward Darcy Tucker to a two-year contract worth $4.5 million.

Pittsburgh signed forward Eric Godard to a three-year contract, money unknown...

Chicago signed defenseman Brian Campbell to an eight-year, $56.8-million contract.

Columbus has signed defenseman Mike Commodore to a five-year contract worth $18.75 million.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #32
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

I'm guessing Raycroft is just veteran insurance if Budaj implodes.

Tucker, from what I've heard, is largely a replacement for Brunette--a tougher guy who can still score some goals. I definitly like that we are trying to get a little more grit.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #33
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
I'm guessing Raycroft is just veteran insurance if Budaj implodes.

Tucker, from what I've heard, is largely a replacement for Brunette--a tougher guy who can still score some goals. I definitly like that we are trying to get a little more grit.
Raycroft is garbage. What about that young goalie you guys got? I remember seeing him play against my Bernier in a pre-season game...Weiman?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #34
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell TSN that free agent Marian Hossa has signed a one-year, $7.4 million contract with the Detroit Red Wings.
Per TSN....Holy Crap.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #35
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Per TSN....Holy Crap.
Holy crap is an understatement...

The best team in the league just got even stronger. I'm gonna vomit.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #36
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Sean Avery signed with Dallas for a 4 year 15.5 million dollar contract.

So far every signing I have seen have been overloaded with years and money...
Old 07-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #37
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
Holy crap is an understatement...

The best team in the league just got even stronger. I'm gonna vomit.
Holland musta sold used cars in a previous life or something. His cap management skills are second to none. Daniel Cleary, you just got demoted to the 3rd line...
Old 07-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #38
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Sean Avery signed with Dallas for a 4 year 15.5 million dollar contract.

So far every signing I have seen have been overloaded with years and money...
Dallas just got a bit harder to beat. Avery's a jackarse but should fit in with Ott, Morrow, and the other bangers.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #39
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Here I was, all happy with the Brian Campbell signing, and our rivals have to one-up us. ****ing Red Wings.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #40
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericon View Post
Here I was, all happy with the Brian Campbell signing, and our rivals have to one-up us. ****ing Red Wings.
The Blackhawks already give us fits, so they'll be even better next year--maybe even playoff caliber. It'll be good to see them good again.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #41
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Holland musta sold used cars in a previous life or something. His cap management skills are second to none. Daniel Cleary, you just got demoted to the 3rd line...
Yeah...might as well hand the cup to you guys and call it a season. Then the Kings select Hedman/Tavares in the 2009 draft.

Kings have about 29 million on the books for 2008, about 11 million short of the cap floor. Gonna be interesting to see how we get to the cap floor.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #42
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Dallas just got a bit harder to beat. Avery's a jackarse but should fit in with Ott, Morrow, and the other bangers.
Yeah but at almost 4 million per year?

There's a lot of signings out there, just like last year that are gonna bite some teams in the arse. I don't see the cap going up next year with the state of the economy right now.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #43
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Yeah but at almost 4 million per year?

There's a lot of signings out there, just like last year that are gonna bite some teams in the arse. I don't see the cap going up next year with the state of the economy right now.
Yeah, i gotta agree--they overpaid for him. I thought he'd get 2-2.5 mil per year, tops. Bonus is that he's not a Wing.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #44
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Rob Blake signs with the Sharks for 5 Million.

See ya, you won't be getting your jersey in the rafters after you ****ed us over at the deadline. I told you offline Socal about this...Blake was going to have to take a hometown discount if he wanted to be with the Kings for a awhile, and it turns out the Rob Blake camp is doing some PR damage to the Kings by saying the Kings never offered him a contract which is BS to begin with. I know on Rich Hammond's blog they were in discussions...so Blake is lying there, and he also lied about wanting to retire a King. He is a piece of crap to me now and he won't ever get his name up in the rafters.

**** you Blake.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:49 AM   #45
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Rob Blake signs with the Sharks for 5 Million.

See ya, you won't be getting your jersey in the rafters after you ****ed us over at the deadline. I told you offline Socal about this...Blake was going to have to take a hometown discount if he wanted to be with the Kings for a awhile, and it turns out the Rob Blake camp is doing some PR damage to the Kings by saying the Kings never offered him a contract which is BS to begin with. I know on Rich Hammond's blog they were in discussions...so Blake is lying there, and he also lied about wanting to retire a King. He is a piece of crap to me now and he won't ever get his name up in the rafters.

**** you Blake.
Why would you believe Rich Hammond over Blake? And why would Blake take a hometown discount when the fans did not really embrace him when he returned? He owed you nothing at the deadline. You can't have it both ways "oh **** Blake for not wanting to retire as a King.....why didn't Blake agree to leave at the deadline?"

Nobody owes anybody anything, dude.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:04 AM   #46
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Why would you believe Rich Hammond over Blake?
Quote:
So here's the time line, according to Lombardi, with quotes from Lombardi added where appropriate.

Sunday: Brisson calls Lombardi at night to talk about Blake. Lombardi said, ``I talked to his agent for two hours. We talked about a lot of things. The whole point was, we didn't talk contract but I was interested in making sure he understood the role and how important the role was. This is the year we actually start becoming a young team and I needed to know, what were Rob's priorities as a hockey player?''

Tuesday: At 9:05 a.m., Brisson submits a contract request. Numbers aren't confirmed, but trust me on this one, it was $4 million. Lombardi said, ``I got a non-negotiable offer at 9 o'clock and was told we had to hurry. I texted (Brisson) back because it was very clear that there was no room to move on their end. I told him we had to look at a number of things to make this fit. We were looking at other players and certain deals. I said, `We're not prepared to commit that type of money. We want to look at all our options but we want to bring him back.'''

Tuesday afternoon/evening: Lombardi and Brisson exchange e-mails. Lombardi said, ``I forget the exact sequence. We exchanged two e-mails. One of them outlined the process we were going through. He said, `Fine, but we're not changing our (offer) number.'''

Tuesday night: Blake and Lombardi spoke on the phone. Lombardi said, ``Rob called me. He was honest. He said, `I don't think I can wait.' I knew San Jose had been talking to him. I said, `I can't hurry this. I'm not sure yet what we can offer. We know what your number is. We're looking at some other things and if I do some other things, it might take me out of (the range of Blake's offer).' I was thinking of making a conditional offer and then if things didn't happen, we could maybe go up to his number, but it was clear it wasn't negotiable. At that point, I was almost sure he was going to San Jose.''

Wednesday: Lombardi and Brisson exchanged e-mails. Lombardi said, ``We had an exchange of e-mails. I was telling them I still had to go through the process. (Brisson) said, `I have no interest in waiting.' I was trying to explain to him what we're trying to do.''

Thursday: Blake signs with San Jose.
Quote:
why would Blake take a hometown discount when the fans did not really embrace him when he returned?
Because we overpaid his ****ing ass for 12 million for 2 ****ing years Socal. He has repeatedly said no to a trade that Deano had lined up, including one that would have landed Flake in San Jose and we get Nabakov. But he turned it down because he wanted to retire as a king, and he did the same s*** this year when we had San Jose AND Colorado on the line to trade their 1st round draft picks in what is a very deep draft.

Bottom line, it wasn't about retiring as a King, it was about the money.

Quote:
You can't have it both ways "oh **** Blake for not wanting to retire as a King
He has continually said he wanted to retire as a King, everything he has ever said has been a lie. Dean wasn't having this ultimatum BS his agent kept calling him with. Dean called his bluff and was sticking to his plan.

So to recap...

Flake acts like a child & rips the "C" off his chest.
Flake changes his mind on a contract when Pronger gets more money.
Flake tells the Kings he'll test the free agent waters, gets traded, re-signs with the Av's before testing the free agent market.
Comes back to the Kings, doesn't play up to his$6 million a year contract, & rejects trades two years in a row that would have helped out the Kings.
Signs with the Sharks and now both him & his agent are trying to pull out a spin control on the whole thing.

Flake is dead to me, I hope he gets his leg split in two during a game and Sharks have now quickly turned into one of my hated teams list with Roenick and now Flake.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #47
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

How do the Wings sign all these guys and stay under the cap..i'm interested to see the cap number!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #48
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Islanders can Nolan.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2434...s=topStory_nhl
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #49
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Kings are reportedly close to naming Terry Murray head coach.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #50
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

There's all sorts of rumours going around about a 3-Way deal involving the Kings, Blackhawks and Senators. From Sportsnet.ca:

Quote:
Los Angeles would receive goalie Martin Gerber and defenseman Andrej Meszaros from Ottawa. Chicago would add high flying forward Anze Kopitar to the increasingly potent Chicago offence, and the Blackhawks would move goalie Nikolai Khabibulin and one of two youthful blueliners, Brent Seabrook or Cam Barker to Ottawa reports the Sun.
Just FYI, I'd be perfectly fine with raping the Kings like that. Even Seabrook is worth Kopitar.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote