The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #226
sixtimeseight
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Rings do NOT decide if a one player is better than another. It's not like that one player made all the plays and won. The only position you can argue that against is QB, not TE.
Mmmm hmmm. Easy argument to make when none of your favorite players have ever won a ring. It's hard to understand when you haven't seen the players on your favorite team elevate their play to superhuman levels when it counts the most. Like we have with Sharpe. I know your bitter (hell, I would be too) but don't blame us, we're not the enemy. Your inept ownership and management is.
sixtimeseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #227
sixtimeseight
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,870
Default

Quote:
Really? Is that why people remember Dan Marino as one of the best QB's of all time?
If he had one ring, he would universally be regarded as the best QB of all time. So yea, that argument fails as well.
sixtimeseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #228
Greybeard
Standing by my principles
 
Greybeard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Way out there
Posts: 871

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I've been watching the sport since 1992 so I've seen plenty of Sharpe.

Of course, you were four years old when he was a rookie.

So shut the **** up, Florida Bobbo.
I've been watching the sport since about 1957, and I was 45 years old when Sharpe was a rookie.

What would you like to know about him?

-----
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #229
kmonty
BT Blogger
 
kmonty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 1,112

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sweet Feet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
I've been watching the sport since about 1957, and I was 45 years old when Sharpe was a rookie.

What would you like to know about him?

-----
Bringing out the big guns... custom smiley's...
kmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #230
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
I've been watching the sport since about 1957, and I was 45 years old when Sharpe was a rookie.

What would you like to know about him?

-----
This is why I love topscribe.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #231
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtimeseight View Post
Mmmm hmmm. Easy argument to make when none of your favorite players have ever won a ring. It's hard to understand when you haven't seen the players on your favorite team elevate their play to superhuman levels when it counts the most. Like we have with Sharpe. I know your bitter (hell, I would be too) but don't blame us, we're not the enemy. Your inept ownership and management is.
Indeed.

chef fans just won't ever get it. they don't know what it's like to win a SB. they only want to count the arguments that are in their favor and ignore everything else. which in this case, everything else is the post-season and what it means. it's only the most important aspect of the game, and chef fans want us to ignore it because they have zero idea what it's like to win. none.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #232
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
ftfy.

Regardless, eventhough a SB win is a team accomplishment, you also need good players to get it done (hi 80s Bronocs). While you can't attribute the entire victory to a single player, you can't take away the whole of the accomplishment from them either.

Some players mean more to their teams than just the stats or with their leadership. In Sharpe's case, he's the even rarer player that can do both. Although Baltimore rode their defense to their SB win, it's not merely a coinecednce that Sharpe was a part of leading that team to victory, something that Gonzalez just can't do even when he had talent around him.

Bottom line is chief fans want to just look at things that put gonzo in a better light than Sharpe will ignoring the opposite. I mean, winning SB's is the be all end all in this sport. It's why they play. So saying that a player that has won 3 but it has to be thrown out in an argument only because it doesn't help your side of the case, is just ludricus. It's the mantra of the perennial loser and it gets old.

We can all agree that Sharpe and gonzo are two of the all time greats at the position and we've been lucky to see them play. However, history remembers winners, and as such, Sharpe will always go down at the better of the two in every region of the world outside of Kansas City. This is why it's too bad for gonzo that he never got out of KC while he could.
So you're saying that Joe Montana was at least 2X as good as John Elway? That's an interesting perspective for sure.

In my opinion, those that use a SB as the only arguement for a player being better than another is for those that lack real ammunition to be able to evaluate a player based on personal production.

Thanks for the exchange. It was a delight.

Last edited by crazyhorse; 06-22-2008 at 06:38 PM..
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #233
Greybeard
Standing by my principles
 
Greybeard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Way out there
Posts: 871

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
This is why I love topscribe.





-----
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #234
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Indeed.

chef fans just won't ever get it. they don't know what it's like to win a SB. they only want to count the arguments that are in their favor and ignore everything else. which in this case, everything else is the post-season and what it means. it's only the most important aspect of the game, and chef fans want us to ignore it because they have zero idea what it's like to win. none.

Jeez buddy....why get so pissed off?

You must really be wrong about something.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #235
sixtimeseight
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,870
Default

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...ewpost&t=68262

That didn't last long.
sixtimeseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #236
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtimeseight View Post
You have no idea what trolling means.

I certainly have the right to defend my postion. I think I've done it quite well in fact.

I've done nothing in this thread that can be considered trolling.

I said I wouldn't troll, and I haven't. I said nothing about kissing your ass.

And I wont.

Have a nice day
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #237
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Broncos fans have thin skin, film at 11.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #238
kmonty
BT Blogger
 
kmonty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 1,112

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sweet Feet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtimeseight View Post
If he had one ring, he would universally be regarded as the best QB of all time. So yea, that argument fails as well.
I don't know about that.

On another note, I just had an epiphany with your name. I've been reading it as "six time seight", with "sight" badly misspelled, a hundred times. Just caught that. Laughed at myself.
kmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:49 PM   #239
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Out of curiousity how did this get off the topic of Clady VS. Albert?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #240
Greybeard
Standing by my principles
 
Greybeard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Way out there
Posts: 871

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Out of curiousity how did this get off the topic of Clady VS. Albert?
I don't know . . . maybe all that could be said about a couple untried rookies was said.

Seems all that was left was Bob's rants?

-----
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #241
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Out of curiousity how did this get off the topic of Clady VS. Albert?
Cheffy fans are obsessed with the Broncos and how badly they want to be like our organization...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #242
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Out of curiousity how did this get off the topic of Clady VS. Albert?
KCStud brought up Tony Scheffler, and how Broncos fans thought he was going to be as good as Gonzalez...and it went haywire!

Don't worry, the discussion will naturally go back to how good Albert is and how awful Clady is come September, when Albert is destroying Jarvis Moss and Clady is getting owned by Tamba Hali.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:51 PM   #243
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer
 
azbroncfan's Avatar
 
Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 8,644

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
KCStud brought up Tony Scheffler, and how Broncos fans thought he was going to be as good as Gonzalez...and it went haywire!

Don't worry, the discussion will naturally go back to how good Albert is and how awful Clady is come September, when Albert is destroying Jarvis Moss and Clady is getting owned by Tamba Hali.
How do you know this? I can't believe people take your bait. Your takes on football are terrible and you have been way off more often then right.

Right now both Albert and Clady are busts will all potential until proven otherwise and will take 3+ years until anyone knows.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #244
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtimeseight View Post
Mmmm hmmm. Easy argument to make when none of your favorite players have ever won a ring. It's hard to understand when you haven't seen the players on your favorite team elevate their play to superhuman levels when it counts the most. Like we have with Sharpe. I know your bitter (hell, I would be too) but don't blame us, we're not the enemy. Your inept ownership and management is.
Have it your way. In that case I guess

Montana/Bradshaw/Brady >>> Elway

Cause rings count righttttt??
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:00 PM   #245
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
Cheffy fans are obsessed with the Broncos and how badly they want to be like our organization...
Not all chief fans. Rausch isn't. His takes are usually pretty good. The majority of the others that have posted here are, though. Bob isn't so much a Chief fan as he is an anti-Bronco fan that happens to like the Chiefs too and craves attention. KCSheepStud and Kmartin are horribly insecure about anyone not giving their team props. Crazyhorse is probably just a homer.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #246
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
Right now both Albert and Clady are busts will all potential until proven otherwise and will take 3+ years until anyone knows.
Not according to Kaylore. According to him, Albert is already an average LT despite not playing a down in the NFL
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #247
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Have it your way. In that case I guess

Montana/Bradshaw/Brady >>> Elway

Cause rings count righttttt??
They should be factored in, absolutely. By your logic Dan Marino and Brett Favre > Joe Montana and John Elway. That's stupid and most people would call you an idiot for suggesting it. Yet they have all the stats! So they're the best!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #248
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Not all chief fans. Rausch isn't. His takes are usually pretty good. The majority of the others that have posted here are, though. Bob isn't so much a Chief fan as he is an anti-Bronco fan that happens to like the Chiefs too and craves attention. KCSheepStud and Kmartin are horribly insecure about anyone not giving their team props. Crazyhorse is probably just a homer.
No you're just a homer who wears orange and blue colored glasse's. You have proved many times your horrible take on football.
LMAO every Bronco is great and every Chief and/or Raider is terrible
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #249
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
No you're just a homer who wears orange and blue colored glasse's. You have proved many times your horrible take on football.
LMAO every Bronco is great and every Chief and/or Raider is terrible
Quite simply, you have a vendetta against Khan because he owns you every time you open your mouth.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #250
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
They should be factored in, absolutely. By your logic Dan Marino and Brett Favre > Joe Montana and John Elway. That's stupid and most people would call you an idiot for suggesting it. Yet they have all the stats! So they're the best!
Stats don't tell everything about how good a player is either, though it should be a factor.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 AM.


Denver Broncos