The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 PM   #126
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,804

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
No, I believe that's the "Let's Convince Ourselves That Shannon Sharpe Even Belongs In The Same Galaxy With Tony Gonzalez" thread.
I'll never understand why when you're actually in the realm of building a decent argument, and you've laid your foundation, you ignore the first and second floors and shoot for the moon with something absurd like that...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #127
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I'll never understand why when you're actually in the realm of building a decent argument, and you've laid your foundation, you ignore the first and second floors and shoot for the moon with something absurd like that...
I'm still working on my PhD in message board bull****.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #128
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,804

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I'm still working on my PhD in message board bull****.
Your thesis is going to be the size of 5 copies of War and Peace glued together...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #129
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Your thesis is going to be the size of 5 copies of War and Peace glued together...
All plagiarized.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #130
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
He misses more tackles than Ian Gold and is hilariously inept in the run game.
Yes I agree those are his weakpoints. He missed 5 sacks last season.
Dumberville is also inept in the run game. Does that make him a bad player?

It will be much easier this year for Hali. Lining up next to Dorsey alone should help him due to the attention Dorsey will draw. He also won't have to deal with blocking TE's anymore either.

He has been a good player for KC. He averages 8 sacks and 4 forced fumbles a year. It's not like he's an Erasmus James for crying out loud.

You can save this, whatever you want. I think Tamba Hali will get 10 sacks this season.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #131
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,804

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yes I agree those are his weakpoints. He missed 5 sacks last season.
Dumberville is also inept in the run game. Does that make him a bad player?

It will be much easier this year for Hali. Lining up next to Dorsey alone should help him due to the attention Dorsey will draw. He also won't have to deal with blocking TE's anymore either.

He has been a good player for KC. He averages 8 sacks and 4 forced fumbles a year. It's not like he's an Erasmus James for crying out loud.

You can save this, whatever you want. I think Tamba Hali will get 10 sacks this season.
They're putting Dorsey on the nose?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #132
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Dorsey playing 1 tech...I can see Gooonther doing it.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #133
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,626

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yes I agree those are his weakpoints. He missed 5 sacks last season.
Dumberville is also inept in the run game. Does that make him a bad player?

It will be much easier this year for Hali. Lining up next to Dorsey alone should help him due to the attention Dorsey will draw. He also won't have to deal with blocking TE's anymore either.

He has been a good player for KC. He averages 8 sacks and 4 forced fumbles a year. It's not like he's an Erasmus James for crying out loud.

You can save this, whatever you want. I think Tamba Hali will get 10 sacks this season.
Yeah, cause you know, an actual proven player like Jared Allen didn't command any extra attention like this new rookie who's never played an nfl down will.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #134
Greybeard
Standing by my principles
 
Greybeard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Way out there
Posts: 871

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yes I agree those are his weakpoints. He missed 5 sacks last season.
Dumberville is also inept in the run game. Does that make him a bad player?

It will be much easier this year for Hali. Lining up next to Dorsey alone should help him due to the attention Dorsey will draw. He also won't have to deal with blocking TE's anymore either.

He has been a good player for KC. He averages 8 sacks and 4 forced fumbles a year. It's not like he's an Erasmus James for crying out loud.

You can save this, whatever you want. I think Tamba Hali will get 10 sacks this season.
Dumervil is "inept" in the run game? Who told you that?

-----
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:15 AM   #135
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Yeah, cause you know, an actual proven player like Jared Allen didn't command any extra attention like this new rookie who's never played an nfl down will.
This is a completely different story and if you watched any KC game you would know this. KC was horrid last season at DT. Boone did ok at the beginning, but other than the first 2 or 3 games and the GB game he was very average. KC's DT's were marked man to man because they couldn't generate pressure. Both Tamba and Jared were double teamed. the RG or even blocking TE and RT would be blocking him. KC did a great job at getting pressure on the QB last season even from Tamba. He generated 7 and a half sacks and a few FF's while playing hurt a lot of the season. Now Tamba will have a force playing right next to him and defenses will have to double team one of them leaving the other player one-on-one.

The reason it's different is because offense's can double team players if they are on the opposite sides, but when they are teamed up next to each other, offense's get confused on blocking assignments, especially on last minute shifts by the defense.

The perfect example was Strahan and Osi constantly lining up next to each other. One always got double teamed and the other ran free.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:15 AM   #136
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
Dumervil is "inept" in the run game? Who told you that?

-----
My TV every time I see a Bronco game
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:28 AM   #137
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,804

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
This is a completely different story and if you watched any KC game you would know this. KC was horrid last season at DT. Boone did ok at the beginning, but other than the first 2 or 3 games and the GB game he was very average. KC's DT's were marked man to man because they couldn't generate pressure. Both Tamba and Jared were double teamed. the RG or even blocking TE and RT would be blocking him. KC did a great job at getting pressure on the QB last season even from Tamba. He generated 7 and a half sacks and a few FF's while playing hurt a lot of the season. Now Tamba will have a force playing right next to him and defenses will have to double team one of them leaving the other player one-on-one.

The reason it's different is because offense's can double team players if they are on the opposite sides, but when they are teamed up next to each other, offense's get confused on blocking assignments, especially on last minute shifts by the defense.

The perfect example was Strahan and Osi constantly lining up next to each other. One always got double teamed and the other ran free.
That a horrid example.

You meant to relate it to how the Titans used Haynesworth and Vandenbosch in tandem, right?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #138
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,808

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It's very clear that most of the people on this board are teenage Bronco homers who wear Orange and Blue colored glasses every year. At least I'm objective and look at my team with realistic expectations.
Go back and look because all this talk is accurate. A lot of people here are homers. They thought that last year Scheffler, Tony freaking Scheffler, was going to be better than Gonzo.

It's pretty obvious if you look Inkana. Kaylore says the same thing.

Albert is a below average LT
This is true.
Quote:
Dorsey has injury problems
This is also true.
Quote:
Charles and all of KC's RB's aren't very good.
I called this one in February of last year. I said LJ would get hurt and have a poor season. Both happened.

Quote:
I personally think it's funny. Yes the Broncos can go 11-5. So can a lot of AFC teams. I don't think they will. Too many questions for a playoff team.
So what is your problem with my prediction if you admit yourself that it could happen.

And you have had some pretty unrealistic predictions yourself. You scoffed at us putting up more than 20 points on your team and said there was no way we'd beat you guys in Arrowhead last year.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #139
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
My TV every time I see a Bronco game
Really? Every time I've seen Dumervil versus the Chiefs, all I see are sacks and forced fumbles. Dumervil had as many Forced Fumbles against the Chiefs as Hali had all year.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #140
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,808

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Really? Every time I've seen Dumervil versus the Chiefs, all I see are sacks and forced fumbles. Dumervil had as many Forced Fumbles against the Chiefs as Hali had all year.
In the first game they had 67 yards rushing.

In the second game they 16 yards rushing.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #141
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue
 
no-pseudo-fan's Avatar
 
Follow me...

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: EPT
Posts: 2,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo
Default

I question Elvis Vs the run, I wouldn't go so far as to say inept. I think he is ok vs. the run.

Now Khan, proving KC sucks doesn't prove Elvis is good against the run. I think we are going to be vastly improved on the D-line, Moss looks the part as does Thomas. Where is Crowder? I haven't heard much about him this off-season.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #142
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Dumervil >>> Hali

Marcus Thomas > Dorsey, for now at least
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #143
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is true.
And you know this how? Albert has not played a snap in the NFL yet. wow Kaylore

Quote:
This is also true.
That doesn't mean he's going off the field. Dorsey played with the injury and was STILL the best DT in college footbal

Quote:
I called this one in February of last year. I said LJ would get hurt and have a poor season. Both happened.
We'll see what happens this year. LJ is fine and the addition of Charles has made us deep at RB



Quote:
So what is your problem with my prediction if you admit yourself that it could happen.

And you have had some pretty unrealistic predictions yourself. You scoffed at us putting up more than 20 points on your team and said there was no way we'd beat you guys in Arrowhead last year.
And you said Tony Scheffler would be better than Gonzo last year.

I have no problem with your prediction. I just don't think it will happen.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #144
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
And you said Tony Scheffler would be better than Gonzo last year.
Tony Scheffler had 5 TDs in 12 games last season.

Tony Gonzalez had 5 TDs in 16 games last season.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #145
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Tony Scheffler had 5 TDs in 12 games last season.

Tony Gonzalez had 5 TDs in 16 games last season.
Scheffler also had half the receiving yards Gonzo did as well and that's with Gonzo being triple teamed most of the time
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #146
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,626

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Triple teamed. lol.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #147
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Scheffler also had half the receiving yards Gonzo did as well and that's with Gonzo being triple teamed most of the time
Haha, again with the "triple" team. Now, I didn't watch all of KC's games this season, but when Denver played them, I saw one guy, usually either Foxworth or Gold, covering him. Hardly a "triple team".
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #148
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Haha, again with the "triple" team. Now, I didn't watch all of KC's games this season, but when Denver played them, I saw one guy, usually either Foxworth or Gold, covering him. Hardly a "triple team".
Watch Gonzo's TD in Denver. 2 players watching him and 1 coming in to help and he still scored. Not that it mattered.

Gonzo also scored a TD in SD by leaping in the endzone over 3 SD defenders. Those are a few examples.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #149
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!
 
SureShot's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,947

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell
Default

It would be foolish to only triple team the great Gonzo!
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #150
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

This is so laughable. Only people in Brokeback Mountain thinks Scheffler is better than Gonzo. Most people outside of the AFC West don't even know who Scheffler is
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Denver Broncos