The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #51
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Hate to break it to you Bobo, but just like the Dolphins are finding out about Jake Long, Brandon Albert is not a left tackle. Sorry.

He'l be a beast of a run-blocking guard, though.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #52
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Buff my friend, I think we've formed a mutual trust. Would you care to wager?
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #53
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

As the President might say.
Attached Images

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #54
sixtimeseight
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
"da brick" is garbage too.
Seriously... That he couldn't beat out D'brickashaw at LT does not bode well for fatty fat fat's case.
sixtimeseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #55
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtimeseight View Post
Seriously... That he couldn't beat out D'brickashaw at LT does not bode well for fatty fat fat's case.
It wasn't a matter of beating him out. Brick was an elite college LT. Albert was entrenched as an elite college G. Moving them made no sense.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #56
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
I loved Albert going into the draft, the fact he ended up wiht KC was annoying...He should be a good player, I think both Albert and Clady will be impact players.
that Is about the speed of things love both players we both got great players.
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #57
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

I think Brando Albert will do just fine......at RIGHT TACKLE.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:44 AM   #58
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Albert is pro-bowl guard. He's a very good right tackle and an average to below average left tackle.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:53 AM   #59
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Albert is pro-bowl guard. He's a very good right tackle and an average to below average left tackle.
Clearly this is all opinion. He did well in college at G and at LT the 2 games he played there. He hasn't even played a down in the NFL.
I'm sure Albert will have his struggles. Even Joe Thomas had his struggles, like last season in his first preseason game where Jared Allen beat him multiple times.
Every rookie will struggle some.

I don't the whole "Jake Long can't play LT" saying that a lot of people are throwing out there. He dominated at LT against good competetion and was an excellent prospect.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about Chris Williams either. He is the smartest of the bunch and did a great job at Vandy. He was an exceptional pass blocker.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:57 AM   #60
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post

Sweep the leg, Elvis
"Yeahhhhhh, get'em a body bag!!!!!"
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:46 AM   #61
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Well I see Bobo has yet again created a thread to make a fool out of himself.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #62
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Exactly. Albert is doing nothing. Clady is blocking the snot out of his man. Winner: Clady. And please keep this thread. The last one Bob started (Cutler Vs. Croyle) turned into a total delight. It will be funny when Albert isn't even playing LT at the opener and still struggles more than Clady.
Agreed...could we get a stick for this that way we don't have to sift through all the pages??
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:40 AM   #63
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

You can only hope to contain me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
The Chiefs drafted a franchise left tackle this year. So did the Broncos.

By the end of the year one of them will clearly be the better player. Albert has the challenge of keeping Breaky Frayle's limbs unmangled, while Clady will attempt to keep defenders away from Jay "diabeetus" Cutler.

I'm certain Albert will be the next Marcus McNeill, while Clady will be reduced to protecting Cutler's insulin pump on the sideline, because as you're all well aware, I'm never wrong.

Albert will also allow fewer sacks. We'll use this website to track that stat throughout the season:

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playersta...d=8792&team=12

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playersta...id=8789&team=7

Let the games begin.

Offseason: Albert looks more menacing and much deadlier in his football uniform. The visor is a plus.

Winner: Branden Albert
The thread will get a lot of play, for sure. But you don't have to be devoid of any moral compass to do so.

The premise was good. But then you used Cutlers diabetis as a dig. To me, that totally crashed what had potential to be a decent smack thread.

That seems to be your deal. Nobody discredits you more than you.

I mean...I get your whole schtick. But you don't have to seel your integrity to achieve the same effect.

Step it up, or just step down.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #64
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Sounds like Bob needs to up his game.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:05 AM   #65
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Quote:
Sounds like Bob needs to up his game.
bob has no game.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #66
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Why all the flip-flopping?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #67
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Why all the flip-flopping?
Huh? I've never advocated him playing left tackle. I wanted him for us at guard and/or RT.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #68
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Huh? I've never advocated him playing left tackle. I wanted him for us at guard and/or RT.
That's a curious statement...

Right before the draft:

Quote:
Mel Kiper and his plastic hair.

Man, I want Albert to be a Bronco. I hope he's wrong. Albert will pwn us as a Chief. Keith Rivers sucks.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...9&postcount=14

Quote:
Albert is my favorite of the group. Clady or Williams I'd be ok with. I wouldn't be thrilled with renting a running back for four years, but maybe we could make him look awesome enough that we trade him for a good player after two years.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...01&postcount=9

Quote:
Brandon Albert, Brandon Albert, Brandon Albert!
Quote:
Aren't you being a little over dramatic about this? Let's wait and see who we draft and and how the young guys develop. Kuper finished very strong especially with Myers at guard and he has experience playing left tackle. They seem really keen on using Kupe on the line and want to get his talents on the field. Contrary to what you and others think, RT is out of position for Kuper. He's never really played the position and most of his work as a pro was on the left side of the line.

There is also a draft coming up. If we have a guy like Brandon Albert on the team playing either tackle position, I'm almost positive our line will do really well next year. This could also be a smoke screen and we could still draft a left tackle. Be grateful Shanahan has finally decided to start using true 300 lb guys in the trenches. Wait and see who we get. I promise you even if we draft someone at number one they won't play on the line. Broncos never draft linemen in the first round and they never play their rookies. There is a good chance this will be the line for next season regardless of what happens. There is a good chance it will be better than last years' line too.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #69
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Albert is gonna blast alotta bulldozer sized holes before he's done, no doubt. But he's simply not a prototype LT.

In fact, among the top OTs, only Clady, Chris Williams and Sam Baker are true prototype LTs. The word outta Dolphins mini-camps last week is they're thinking even Jake "#1" Long is not a prototype LT. He's a strapping beast, no doubt about it, but probably not a LT. In fact, there were a lotta RTs this draft, many of whom will be pounded like square pegs into the LT spot until such time as their teams realize it's not gonna work.

Jake Long
Jeff Otah (closer)
Gosder Cherilus
Branden Albert
Carl Nicks

These guys might PLAY left tackle, but they're not Joe Thomas/Ryan Clady prototype LTs
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #70
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Yup. I do think that he's going to be an awesome guard and could potentially be a good right tackle.

Really though, Rev you need to grow up. I know what this is really about. You're only coming after me now because I neg reped you for calling Doctor Broncostein a murderer.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #71
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Yup. I do think that he's going to be an awesome guard and could potentially be a good right tackle.

Really though, Rev you need to grow up. I know what this is really about. You're only coming after me now because I neg reped you for calling Doctor Broncostein a murderer.
First, I didn't call him a murderer, I called him a hypocrit.

Secondly, no, I just realized why I'd initially lost all respect for you. You have no thoughts of your own. This is another example. Plenty of people were all for Albert before the draft, none more-so than you, and those guys have been the ones arguing with you post draft about his effectiveness.

And believe me, if internet rep meant anything to me, I'd act just like you.

PS. Please stay on topic... I'd love the explanation of how your thought process goes from:

Quote:
I want it to be Brandon Albert but we'll probably reach for someone lame like DeSean Jackson or Kenny Phillips.
Quote:
I'd really like that. Albert would make anything look good to me.

Kevin Robinson is a great value selection. Goff is a good choice too. Powell is probably gone by the end of the fourth. Zenon will develop into a more physical but slower Foxworth.

Not too shabby!
Quote:
This one is good. It's like what my mock draft might look like

four rounds:

http://www.draftseason.com/Lupagus

12. Branden "Fat" Albert OG/OT, Virginia
43. Broncos - Pat Sims DT, Auburn : Broncos are looking for a penetrating DT. (not a big fan of Sims)
109. Broncos - Harry Douglas WR, Louisville : Broncos want a new no. 2 wideout.
120. Broncos (From Skins) - Steve Justice C, Wake Forest : Broncos know a good value when they see it.
Quote:
Mel Kiper and his plastic hair.

Man, I want Albert to be a Bronco. I hope he's wrong. Albert will pwn us as a Chief. Keith Rivers sucks.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...9&postcount=14

Quote:
Albert is my favorite of the group. Clady or Williams I'd be ok with. I wouldn't be thrilled with renting a running back for four years, but maybe we could make him look awesome enough that we trade him for a good player after two years.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...01&postcount=9

Quote:
Brandon Albert, Brandon Albert, Brandon Albert!
Quote:
Aren't you being a little over dramatic about this? Let's wait and see who we draft and and how the young guys develop. Kuper finished very strong especially with Myers at guard and he has experience playing left tackle. They seem really keen on using Kupe on the line and want to get his talents on the field. Contrary to what you and others think, RT is out of position for Kuper. He's never really played the position and most of his work as a pro was on the left side of the line.

There is also a draft coming up. If we have a guy like Brandon Albert on the team playing either tackle position, I'm almost positive our line will do really well next year. This could also be a smoke screen and we could still draft a left tackle. Be grateful Shanahan has finally decided to start using true 300 lb guys in the trenches. Wait and see who we get. I promise you even if we draft someone at number one they won't play on the line. Broncos never draft linemen in the first round and they never play their rookies. There is a good chance this will be the line for next season regardless of what happens. There is a good chance it will be better than last years' line too.

--------------------------------------------

To after KC drafts him:

Quote:
This is true. Jarvis Moss is expected to play defensive end, you know the position he played all through college. Brandon Albert is expected to play guard - the position he played all through college...unless your coaching staff is stupid, and then they will watch him fail at left tackle.
Quote:
Yeah it worked great but did they start him at Left Tackle right out of the package? No. He played right guard, then right tackle, then left guard then left tackle. This took years of learning.

They aren't comparable as players. Diehl has better feet than Albert who is more of a grinder, so you're talking about two different body types. Albert was largely considered an incredible prospect at guard who could play some right tackle. I haven't heard anyone except Albert's agent say he was a good left tackle prospect. Even if he is, it will take years of playing on the line and learning to be able to make a move over there. Your own example proves this.
Quote:
The possibility exists, but it's hard enough to play the position you played in college at the pro level. Starting someone at the most critical point on the line when you have no substantive experience playing it is beyond stupid. We've converted guys to tackle all the time but when you look at how long it took to get them over there, you understand how difficult it is. Albert will probably be a great player at guard and even right tackle, but it will take years for him to adjust to playing the blind side and he may never really excel there.

Cavs fans will tell you the same thing, but Chief fans like Sheepstud won't hear it. He's all-world already as far as they're concerned.
Quote:
Can you read? No one is saying he is a bad player, we're saying he is going to struggle at left tackle. Do you honestly believe that there won't be struggles for him if he is starting at LT this year? Honestly do you really believe that? and if you think it's not more than the other guys who played LT all through college, you're totally wrong. That doesn't mean he's going to suck at other positions, nor does it mean he won't have a successful career. He is without question a project at tackle and should be playing guard.
Quote:
Genius, why don't you look at the tape of him playing off the line? Don't you think it's strange there are no highlight reels of him playing in line? I'll give you a hint: his feet aren't great - especially when it comes to sticking his block and then shuffling to keep it. He also leans too much. Yeah, he's incredible running down field and punching once he makes contact, but kicking outside against a speed rusher? Prepare to watch Croyle on his back. Of course you'll probably just blame your guard or stop posting when that happens like you guys did last year until your draft gave you some insta-courage. Chief fans.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #72
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

There is no difference is those posts outside of my enthusiasm for Albert as a player which I totally admit went into the tank when he became a Chief.

Well that and there was a thread where some Cavalier fans explained why they didn't think he would play LT, and that was in May.

And you did call him a murderer. Do you want me to quote you on that?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #73
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Getting heated in here. Take it outside, boys.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #74
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

You can tell it is the off season when we start eating our own.

I never liked Albert at LT, but loved him as a RT.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #75
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
There is no difference is those posts outside of my enthusiasm for Albert as a player which I totally admit went into the tank when he became a Chief.

Well that and there was a thread where some Cavalier fans explained why they didn't think he would play LT, and that was in May.

And you did call him a murderer. Do you want me to quote you on that?

"If we have a guy like Brandon Albert on the team playing either tackle position, I'm almost positive our line will do really well next year."

to:

"...they will watch him fail at left tackle."

Very consistent, great explanation. You're right! Sorry I missed it!

...and if you want to stay off topic because you can't explain your inability to be your own man, fine. I do think he's a murderer or a liar.

A. Murderer: Where was he driving that would have an unsupervised 3 year old running around where he couldn't stop in time? Residential areas and school zones are all 15 and below.

B. Liar: He claimed that was his PTSD stressor. If you have PTSD you go to nearly any lengths to avoid thinking of your stressor, and commonly partake in therapy and medication. He casually relived the stressor to verify his Javon Walker opinion... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.