The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #451
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
Yeah, dude's got a vagina doesn't he.
sure looks like it here
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #452
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

You hate crosby and you are a flyer fan - i'm sure you real objective about what you say. That's why you aren't anything more than a troll, so back to your bridge.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #453
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
Heads up alfie

that ones for al wilson

with that hit your hopes of anything this year went down the tubes, whats with those dumb senaturds and the skating with the heads down, first mcammond then alfie. gotta love it
Sens can win without Alfie. He'll be back in round 2 after we beat the soft Pens.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #454
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
You hate crosby and you are a flyer fan - i'm sure you real objective about what you say. That's why you aren't anything more than a troll, so back to your bridge.
this is the general hockey thread assclown, not the cindy love in, it is nice to see that others agree that AO is the best player in the league tho.

and al, the sens are what like 1-9 wihtout alfie, that and well they suck, sorry dood but much as i want the pens to lose it aint gonna happen in the first round.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #455
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
Sens can win without Alfie. He'll be back in round 2 after we beat the soft Pens.
i guess being a sens fan you know a thing or two about what a "soft" team looks like eh.

but seriously if they are soft what are you cuz you guys were the pens b****es
Old 04-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #456
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
this is the general hockey thread assclown, not the cindy love in, it is nice to see that others agree that AO is the best player in the league tho.

and al, the sens are what like 1-9 wihtout alfie, that and well they suck, sorry dood but much as i want the pens to lose it aint gonna happen in the first round.

It's fine, Sid's got an MVP and a scoring title - and had 70+pts in 50 games or so.

If that's bad, i'll take it any day.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #457
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Super joe!!!! you can keep your crosbys and you Ovechkins....I'm content
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #458
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bronco View Post
Super joe!!!! you can keep your crosbys and you Ovechkins....I'm content
I got Kopitar. The best of them all.

[/homer]
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #459
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
It's fine, Sid's got an MVP and a scoring title - and had 70+pts in 50 games or so.

If that's bad, i'll take it any day.
He also has a vagina.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #460
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

and the highest scoring player wearing number 87 is

Donald brashear of the washington capitals, sorry cindy
Old 04-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #461
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

So that must mean that Brashear must have had at least a five point night, right?

I'm looking at the ESPN stats and I'm not finding Brashear with 5 points. Maybe I should check NHL.com.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #462
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

brash got his first, and it was a goal, how many goals does cindy have ?

so ok now he is only the leading goal scorer wearing #87
Old 04-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #463
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default DON BRENNAN idiot

Read this clowns artwork (simply amazing)

Link

Really, do you blame the Pittsburgh Penguins?

Expecting a long playoff run and wanting to get through the first couple of weeks unscathed, they took a dive Sunday because they preferred a first-round matchup with the Senators rather than the Flyers, who they lost 5-of-8 to and took a physical drubbing from during the regular season.

Ottawa dumped them 3-of-4 times, too, but the Senators are injured and struggling and don't scare anyone.

What did Leafs coach Paul Maurice call them last week? Purse swingers?

Maurice would have never said that had only he seen Christoph Schubert yesterday. The Senators' biggest, strongest forward walked around the dressing room, minus his jersey and shoulder pads but still in his hockey pants, skates and the rest of his gear.

He was also wearing a big, floppy, pink girlie hat and serving drinks from a tray.

From nowhere did he carry a purse, or even a fancy handbag.

"Ridiculous," Schubert muttered while delivering Gatorade to teammates as the loser of Juice Boy, the shootout competition held at the end of practices. "I hit the post 12 times."

Schubert claims it was the first time this season he has lost at Juice Boy, and while he wasn't happy about it, his value to the Senators is not in a deft touch on breakaways. He has other responsibilities, or feathers in his pink hat, if you will.

With Daniel Alfredsson and Mike Fisher out, Schubert and Antoine Vermette are the only two Ottawa players still skating that are on the first two power-play and penalty-killing units, along with taking a regular shift. In Schubert's case, his even-strength turn is as a crashing and bashing, fourth-line left winger.

In that role, he left a mark on last spring's Senators-Penguins playoff meeting.

With the series tied 1-1 and the site switched to Pittsburgh, Schubert crushed and injured defenceman Robert Scuderi with an illegal, hit-from-behind into the end boards. The Penguins were incensed and went after Schubert. They also went on to lose that game as well as the only other two in the series.

"That one hit, it was like (they were saying) 'I want to go in and hurt somebody,' " Schubert recalled. "We were there at the same time, he kind of turned away and it ended up a bad hit from behind, but I don't think I went out there to be under their skin. I just wanted to play my game. The physical part is part of it. The more physical you are against other players, everybody knows they get a little frustrated ... they can't do their perfect game. It's just part of my job."

The very banging and battering the Penguins wanted to avoid from the Flyers can serve as an equalizer in this series for the undermanned Senators. They just need to bring it. Schubert, Chris Neil, Martin Lapointe, Cody Bass, Shean Donovan, Mike Commodore and Anton Volchenkov will be key players for Ottawa.

They have to frustrate the skilled Penguins. They have to throw them off their game. Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Marian Hossa, Petr Sykora and Sergei Gonchar have to be targeted. They cannot be allowed to free-wheel without concern or they will roll right over the Senators.

Crosby's got a bad RIGHT ankle? How will it stand up to a two-hander? The Senators have to find out.

The Penguins obviously wanted Ottawa over the Broadstreet Bullies. The defending Eastern Conference champs should feel a great sense of disrespect. They should be insulted -- even more so than in being referred to as purse swingers -- and they should respond in kind.

As much as they will be looking for timely goaltending and scoring, the Senators need somebody to emerge as a modern-day Bobby Clarke. Maybe hockey historian Jason Spezza can explain to his teammates what the former Flyers captain did to Russian star Valeri Kharlamov when the latter had a bad ankle in the 1972 Summit Series.

It's playoff time. Anything goes.

STARTS AND STOPS

D Wade Redden was asked about the long odds the Senators face in trying to upset the Penguins. "People win the 6/49 every day," he said ... How are the Penguins looking at playing a team that turfed them in the first round last spring? "It's payback," C Jordan Staal told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I think every player in this dressing room wants to give it back to them for what they did to us last year."

MURRAY MUSINGS

Senators coach and GM Bryan Murray was asked the other day about the seemingly lower expectations of Ottawa fans this year. There was a touch of sarcasm in his response. "That's up to you," he said, referring to the media in general. "I don't have anything to do with that. Whatever the media writes and tells them, the fans will respond. If you guys like our team, the fans will really like our team. Because we've got great fans in Ottawa. They've just been told to kind of low key it, because the team isn't very good, but the team's pretty good. So we'll see. They'll be fine."
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #464
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:

Old 04-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #465
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
brash got his first, and it was a goal, how many goals does cindy have ?

so ok now he is only the leading goal scorer wearing #87
You have exposed your self, with this post as knowing NOTHING about hockey.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #466
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

says the penguins fan, a team who has how many first overall draft choices ?

remind me once again how you get those ? is it by being a good team, oh wait you wouldnt know since you only started watching last year, like most of the other "diehard penguin fans"

and DONALD BRASHEAR STILL HAS MORE GOALS THEN CINDY CRYBABY CROSBY
Old 04-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #467
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Crosby is clearly a very good player, but the amount of hatred people have for him is hilarious. "Cindy" Crosby is a fantastic nickname...right up there with Floppa. Neither are particularly creative, but cut right to the point re: how non-fans of those players feel about them.

Hah!
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #468
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
Crosby is clearly a very good player, but the amount of hatred people have for him is hilarious. "Cindy" Crosby is a fantastic nickname...right up there with Floppa. Neither are particularly creative, but cut right to the point re: how non-fans of those players feel about them.

Hah!

I fully agree the guys so good they hate him.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #469
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post

Hah!
I agree, Crosby is a good player with potential of greatness. Although he needs to quit being a b!tch and just play the game of hockey, leave the other crap to the goons and other morons in the game like Chris Neil.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #470
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Can we agree sid is young and been in the league a very short time alot of players did dumb stuff when they were young it seems sid is getting zero tolerance. I can see people b****ing 5 years from now if hes still acting (young) but right now he gets a pass IMO.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #471
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Good news flyers Patrick Thoresen will not lose one of his boys and was released from the hospital

http://sportfiends.com/2008/04/12/pa...his-testicles/
Old 04-12-2008, 11:49 PM   #472
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Kevin Porter hobey baker winner

DENVER - Michigan captain Kevin Porter could've bolted after last season to begin his pro career.

The Wolverines were young, and were expected to take their lumps this season. Porter, being the captain that he is, wanted to stick around and guide the young players.

And while it didn't pay off with a national title, Porter did help Michigan to its first Frozen Four appearance in five years.

The senior forward also became the second player from Michigan to win the Hobey Baker Memorial Award on Friday night, beating out Boston College'sNathan Gerbe and Miami of Ohio's Ryan Jones of Chatham, Ont., for hockey's equivalent of the Heisman Trophy.

While appreciated, he'd still rather have his team in the title game. The Wolverines had their season end with a 5-4 overtime loss to Notre Dame on Thursday night. Porter had an assist in the game, but didn't put a shot on net.

''Our main goal here was to come and win a national championship,'' said Porter, who finished with 33 goals and 30 assists. ''We're still disappointed about last night.''

Michigan coach Red Berenson couldn't say enough about Porter's loyalty to the program.

''Kevin came back with supposedly an empty cupboard,'' Berenson said. ''He came back on a mission. I've never seen a player take the whole team in his grasp, put them on his back and make it happen. He's been a tremendous leader.''

Porter has never been one to brag about himself. That's why teammate Chad Kolarik does the bragging for him. Kolarik served as Porter's campaign manager all season.

''I just spoke the truth,'' Kolarik said. ''I wasn't making up anything that wasn't true - he is the best player in the country. He's truly the best.''

As Porter sat at the podium, a congratulatory letter from Phoenix Coyotes coach Wayne Gretzky was read to him. Porter beamed at Gretzky's compliments, especially when the Great One said it was fun watching him play.

''For one of the greatest hockey players to ever play say that about me, words can't describe it,'' said Porter, who was drafted by Phoenix in 2004. ''That's really special.''

Gerbe said his mind was completely focused on winning a national title, not the Hobey Baker. Gerbe and the Eagles will face the Irish on Saturday night in the title contest.

''I don't think it's disappointing at all,'' said Gerbe, the nation's leading scorer with 33 goals and 31 assists. ''I know Kevin and it's well deserved. He's such a great player. Since day one, we've been fixated on one trophy and that's the national championship.''

Will Bruce of Williams College received the Humanitarian Award for his contributions to the community.

''It's a great honour to receive this award, but to me it recognizes more than an individual,'' said Bruce, a senior forward who has helped create 17 community service projects while at Williams. ''This award recognizes the importance of teamwork. I've never had a teammate or another Williams team turn down a request to participate in a community service project.''

Jones showed up at the Hobey Baker awards presentation with his trademark long, flowing locks clipped close.

''I was actually told by some people in the Minnesota Wild organization to go cut my hair, so I cut it,'' Jones said.

Actually, the reason for the haircut ran deeper than pleasing his future bosses. He donated his locks so a young cancer patient could make a wig.

''I'm happy to be able to help a young kid out who's facing those troubles,'' said Jones, who finished his career as the second all-time leading scorer in RedHawk history.

Porter joined Brendan Morrison (1997) as the only Wolverines players to win the Hobey Baker award. He was flattered to be mentioned in the same sentence as Morrison, who's now with the Vancouver Canucks.

''It's amazing to be put in a category with Brendan,'' Porter said. ''It's a great individual award, but I couldn't have done it without my teammates. I wouldn't be up here without them.''
Old 04-13-2008, 02:05 AM   #473
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
says the penguins fan, a team who has how many first overall draft choices ?

remind me once again how you get those ? is it by being a good team, oh wait you wouldnt know since you only started watching last year, like most of the other "diehard penguin fans"

and DONALD BRASHEAR STILL HAS MORE GOALS THEN CINDY CRYBABY CROSBY

I think the fact that philly will never win a cup has driven you mad.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #474
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Good news flyers Patrick Thoresen will not lose one of his boys and was released from the hospital

http://sportfiends.com/2008/04/12/pa...his-testicles/
and he may even play today.

this guy has shown more heart then anybody else on the team, and hes only been here for a few months, he totaly lacks skill but always seems to give 110%, i bet we can resign him for cheap to cuz of the stone hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
I fully agree the guys so good they hate him.
never denied that he is a great player, but he really needs to stop being such a crybaby, as for your "grow up comments" did wayne ? no he cried till the day he retired, did mario ? no he took his bat and ball and went home, great players have a habit of crying, yes they do have to put up with alot more attention, but it comes with being "the best" AO handles it great, he hits others before they get a chance to hit him, dosent dive and slide into the boards looking for a penalty and sprain his ankle, he kinda reminds me of a more talented lindros, he has that killer instinct, he is the guy the league should be sucking off non stop NOT cindy.

Last edited by chadta; 04-13-2008 at 10:11 AM..
Old 04-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #475
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Like i said hes still young (cut him some slack)

dosent dive and slide into the boards looking for a penalty and sprain his ankle,

I saw the play it wasn't an attempt to draw a penalty you simply don't like the guy and thats fine make fun of him all ya want but don't make up shyt, I have a feeling you going to be hating him for a long time