The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #326
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
Yeah...on a guy who clearly wasn't interested. Whoever the team playing Roy was should sign Mike Vernon for a game so he can kick his ass just like he kicked his old man's.

I hate that. If a guy clearly doesn't want to dance you don't just skate all the way down to his crease and start throwing bombs. I understand how heated it gets, but geez...he acted like his old man in a Colorado Springs barroom.

Word is the other goalie was running his mouth talking shyt that's why roy jr was pissed i don't care what anybody says any team loves to have a goaltender with that kinda fire defending your net. He will most likely get the hammer lowered on him via suspension it just would have been a bit better if the other tender would have backed up his talk with something other than the ragdoll routine.(kinda chicken shyt if you ask me)
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:56 PM   #327
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Canucks-Avalanche Mar 26, 2008, 9:00 PM EDT

TV Information
National TV:
RIS,TSN (HD),NHLN-US

Local Home:
ALT (HD)

The Colorado Avalanche and Vancouver Canucks have little room for error in the final few days of the regular season.

The teams tied for the Western Conference's final two playoff spots look to improve their positioning as the Northwest Division rivals meet Wednesday night in Denver.

Vancouver (38-28-10) allowed two third-period goals and fell 3-2 at division-leading Calgary on Tuesday. The loss left the Canucks tied for seventh place in the West with Colorado (40-31-6), which a night earlier beat the Flames 2-0 at home to snap a four-game losing streak.

"It's tight hockey right now; it's playoff hockey, four-point games that are huge for us," said Colorado's Jordan Leopold, who scored his first goal in 2 1/2 months Monday.
The Canucks and Avalanche are tied for the final two playoff spots in the Western Conference with 86 points each. Vancouver currently sits in seventh place because they have a game in hand over Colorado. (AP Photo)

The meeting Wednesday will be the first of two between the teams in a span of seven days. They'll conclude the season series Tuesday in Vancouver.

Colorado, looking to return to playoffs after missing out last season, has dominated the series with Vancouver this season, holding a 4-1-1 advantage and looking for a fifth consecutive win over the Canucks.

The Avalanche have won two of their three home contests against Vancouver this season, including a 2-1 win on March 4 in the most recent meeting.

Colorado has won six of its last seven home games and is 24-12-2 at the Pepsi Center, where it will play three of its final five. The Avalanche are 10-3-0 there versus divisional opponents.

"We know that the teams behind us are pushing, and it's important we keep our position," said Colorado's Ryan Smyth, who recorded his 600th career point when he assisted on Milan Hejduk's goal Monday. "The only way we do that is taking care of our own destiny and taking matter into our own hands."

Smyth has an assist in each of his last three contests. Hejduk, meanwhile, has two goals and an assist in his last two games while posting the same against Vancouver this season.

Jose Theodore made 23 saves for his third shutout of the season Monday after allowing 11 goals in losing three of his previous four decisions.

"These are playoff-type games. You know there's not going to be too many goals on either side," said Theodore, who is 3-0-1 with a 1.71 goals-against average versus Vancouver this season. "When they get chances you want to make sure you give your team a chance to win."

Markus Naslund and Daniel Sedin each scored first-period goals Tuesday for Vancouver, which blew a 2-0 lead and dropped its second straight contest by one goal after falling 2-1 to Minnesota on Friday.

"We have our next game (Wednesday) so we have to forget this one and regroup," Vancouver's Sami Salo said. "It's another huge game."

Sedin, who has two goals and four assists against Colorado this season, has two and three assists in his last four games overall.

Roberto Luongo made 37 saves Tuesday, but allowed one fewer goal than he did in his previous three games. After allowing four goals in winning his first two starts against Colorado this season, Luongo has given up 12 in losing four in a row to the Avalanche.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #328
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

The Statz-Hejduk-Forsberg line is becoming a force. They are absolutely dominating tonight, especially Milan.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #329
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
The Statz-Hejduk-Forsberg line is becoming a force. They are absolutely dominating tonight, especially Milan.
Cripes. I had to leave during the first intermission...I got home at the beginning of the third, and ZANG!

Forsberg is a point per game player right now.

Jose continues to be strong in his nets, and that is key heading into the *knock on wood* playoffs.

David Jones is eventually going to find the back of the net on a fairly regular basis. He's a less talented Deadmarsh.

With Dallas sliding...the sixth seed is within their reach.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #330
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

If at this point we dont make the playoffs, then we definitely don't deserve to be there. I am liking that we're out of 8th for the time being, I don't want to see the Avs go head to head with the blood wings. We haven't won one against them yet this year.
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:03 AM   #331
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
If at this point we dont make the playoffs, then we definitely don't deserve to be there. I am liking that we're out of 8th for the time being, I don't want to see the Avs go head to head with the Red Wings. We haven't won one against them yet this year.
p***Y.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:17 AM   #332
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

dick
Old 03-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #333
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Forsberg is a ridiculously good hockey player.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #334
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

The first two goals Theo had no chance on. I thought the last two were pretty weak.

Stomp 'em in the third boys.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:32 PM   #335
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Joe Sakic is the mutha fuggin man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #336
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

unbelievable. That right there is called stealing a win.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:39 AM   #337
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

we can move up considerably in these next three games, hope for winning out!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #338
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

whew! 3-3 in the shootout.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #339
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Lost in OT vs the wild.....!@$!!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #340
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Lost in OT vs the wild.....!@$!!
Tough break the way the puck kicked off of Hannan's skate right to Gaborik. For a second it looked like Tay-o-door was going to bail them out.

In any case...they got a point out of the thing...when early on it looked like they were going to get run. Every point is huge right now.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #341
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Where the **** is Forsberg as far is eyes go...seriously..that sounds kinda gay but read the article and you'll see what i'm talking about!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...rge&id=3299193
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #342
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Where the **** is Forsberg as far is eyes go...seriously..that sounds kinda gay but read the article and you'll see what i'm talking about!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...rge&id=3299193

no offense, but Forsberg is lucky he suits up every three games....
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:35 PM   #343
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
no offense, but Forsberg is lucky he suits up every three games....
I understand the sentiment, but look at the minutes Peter the Great has logged since coming back. He hadn't played in the NHL for almost a year, and his first games back he was playing right around twenty minutes. I have no problem holding him out against teams like Minnesota until the playoffs. There are not many players in the world who can take a year off and be a point per game player. Forsberg is one of them.

Cripes...when the signing was announced I had visions of 15 minutes per plus power play time for the guy. He's been awesome.

Also...I really thought that he and Statsny were too much alike to be effective...whoops! Their savvy meshes perfectly, and Hejduk has been reaping the rewards.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #344
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Another 2 point game for Peter the Great.

The Avs clinch a playoff berth. They can take ANY team in the west in a best of seven series.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #345
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
I understand the sentiment, but look at the minutes Peter the Great has logged since coming back. He hadn't played in the NHL for almost a year, and his first games back he was playing right around twenty minutes. I have no problem holding him out against teams like Minnesota until the playoffs. There are not many players in the world who can take a year off and be a point per game player. Forsberg is one of them.

Cripes...when the signing was announced I had visions of 15 minutes per plus power play time for the guy. He's been awesome.

Also...I really thought that he and Statsny were too much alike to be effective...whoops! Their savvy meshes perfectly, and Hejduk has been reaping the rewards.
I'm glad he's back and all, just thought he shouldn't be on the list of players on that link

hopefully he can play in all the playoff games. The Avs are a different team without him. More importantly, if Ryan Smyth can regain his scoring touch, maybe the Avs can afford for Forsberg to take a night off or two.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #346
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

SJ wants you baby You guys gotta get in!
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #347
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bronco View Post
SJ wants you baby You guys gotta get in!
The Avs clinched a playoff spot a couple of days ago.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #348
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
The Avs clinched a playoff spot a couple of days ago.
don't mind SJ...he's just one of those NoCal, frontrunning, stinking weasle Shark fans

Old 04-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #349
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

The Avs are headed in to overtime in Minny. That puts them at the 6th seed. Let's hope no one gets hurt in overtime.

(Edit: The Avs win in a shoot-out. It's nice to end the season coming off of some wins. It's going to be a tough series against the trap crazy Wild, but I think they can get it done.)

(Double Edit: Forsberg put up another 3 points...two on the power play. Over the past couple of weeks the Avs' power play has shown some signs of potency. They'll really need their special teams units to gel against the Wild.)

Last edited by Pendejo; 04-06-2008 at 05:41 PM..
Old 04-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #350
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Loved wolskis shot in the shootout.