The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2008, 02:34 AM   #301
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Why is it that Curling is the national sport in Canada?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:11 AM   #302
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Hey, we actually scored some goals tonight. Looks more and more like it's going to be photo finish in the division this year, with the difference between the #3 seed and missing the playoffs being very thin.

I saw Salei didn't play. Any word on the how serious his eye injury is?
According to the Denver Post...he may play on Thursday. Smyth may return as well.

Last edited by Pendejo; 03-12-2008 at 03:17 AM..
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #303
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
According to the Denver Post...he may play on Thursday. Smyth may return as well.
awesome. I haven't gotten to see a whole lot of games, but from what I have seen and heard Salei has been a nice addition.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:11 PM   #304
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
awesome. I haven't gotten to see a whole lot of games, but from what I have seen and heard Salei has been a nice addition.
Salei has been a tremendous pick-up. He's physical, and he has some offensive talent. The Avs got a lot more physical when the Foote/Salei trades were made. That's why you see a guy like Leopold sitting against the Ducks. They won't be mauled anymore.

They just HAve to stay healthy.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #305
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
Hockey is the Nascar of Canada. BTW if you are insinuating that LA has poor attendance. You'd be wrong. It was mentioned in an article not too long ago that the Kings get 16,000 seats filled on average this year.

Chadta is right about Anaheim, they don't have much of a hard-core following and the barbecue they had to celebrate their Cup win was pathetic. 15,000 people didn't show up Chadta, they didn't even have a ****ing parade.

Now if LA won the cup, it would be different because the Kings have been around in LA for 40 years. You'll all see in a few years...
I was kinda making up an example...i didn't realize the kings had such good attendance..i sorta assumed that since they weren't doing so good that they would fill up the stadium as much but then again it is LA and theres what 3+ million living there?? If there attendance is up that much i give the LA fans props cause they haven't had that good of year.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:40 AM   #306
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I was kinda making up an example...i didn't realize the kings had such good attendance..i sorta assumed that since they weren't doing so good that they would fill up the stadium as much but then again it is LA and theres what 3+ million living there?? If there attendance is up that much i give the LA fans props cause they haven't had that good of year.
Don't let that chuckle head fool you. The Kings draw well the same way the Dahyers do. They measure the amount of tickets sold...not asses in the seats. The Dahyers always have some of the highest "attendance" numbers in MLB...nevermind the fact that people are only in the stadium from the third inning through the seventh.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:59 AM   #307
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Don't let that chuckle head fool you. The Kings draw well the same way the Dahyers do. They measure the amount of tickets sold...not asses in the seats. The Dahyers always have some of the highest "attendance" numbers in MLB...nevermind the fact that people are only in the stadium from the third inning through the seventh.
That's funny because that is the same ****ing way the Avalanche measured and promoted their 500th sellout crap, because I have attended games before that "500th sellout" game and it sure as hell wasn't a sellout.

This isn't a thread about the Dodgers, however they don't need gimmicks like "rocktober" to drum up fan support. Try again Pendejo.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:42 PM   #308
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Oilers-Avalanche Mar 13, 2008, 9:30 PM EDT

TV Information
Local Home:
ALT (HD)

Local Away:
SNET-W

Rookie Andrew Cogliano has led the Edmonton Oilers to three straight overtime victories, reviving his team's playoff chances.

Cogliano aims to keep the Oilers' momentum going as they open a three-game road trip against the surging Colorado Avalanche on Thursday.

Edmonton (34-31-5) suffered a three-game skid from Feb. 16-22 that nearly dashed the team's goal of making its ninth playoff appearance in 11 seasons after missing out in 2006-07. The Oilers have since won seven of their last eight to move within seven points of the eighth and final playoff berth in the Western Conference.

Cogliano has been key to that success, totaling seven goals and three assists in his last eight appearances, but his best performances seem to occur after regulation. The 20-year-old center set an NHL record with his third consecutive overtime goal, scoring with 4.9 seconds left in a 4-3 victory over St. Louis on Tuesday.

"Things like this don't happen often," said Cogliano, who leads all rookies with five game-winning tallies. "I think I've just been really lucky to have those opportunities go in for me. But yeah, three in a row, that feels pretty good."

Cogliano is among the rookie leaders with 16 goals, and fifth on the Oilers with 38 points - two fewer than fellow first-year star Sam Gagner, who contributed a goal and two assists in Tuesday's victory.

"That was a wild game," Oilers coach Craig MacTavish said. "Kind of hard on the heart for this time of year. You take a 3-0 lead and you think maybe it is going to be an easy night for us.

"We have a young team and you got seduced into thinking it's going to be point night. Hopefully, we have learned a lesson here."

Mathieu Garon finished with 28 saves to improve to 7-1-0 with a 3.14 goals-against average in his last eight starts. This successful stretch began Feb. 24, when he turned aside 27 shots in a 3-2 win over Colorado (38-27-6).

The Avalanche won the first four games before Cogliano scored the game-winning goal in the third period for Edmonton in that contest.

The Oilers are trying to win back-to-back games against the Avalanche for the first time since a four-game run from March 26-Nov. 13, 2006, but have lost three of their last four at the Pepsi Center.

Colorado will play its next two games at home, where it has won four straight - its best run since a five-game winning streak from Dec. 7-23.

The Avalanche are coming off a 5-2 victory at Atlanta on Tuesday. Andrew Brunette scored two goals, while Joe Sakic and rookie David Jones each had a goal and two assists for Colorado, which has won seven of its last eight games to move into a tie with Calgary for the Northwest Division lead.

Colorado, which hopes to advance to the playoffs for the 12th time in 13 seasons, has won nine division titles since 1994-95.

"We've got to take care of our own business," Avalanche coach Joel Quenneville said. "Whoever does best within this division is going to have the best chance of winning it."

Jose Theodore made 22 saves on Tuesday, and is 7-1-0 with a shutout and a 1.68 GAA in his last eight starts. However, he is just 4-9-0 with a 3.53 GAA in 14 all-time meetings with the Oilers.

In 78 career games against Edmonton, Sakic has 35 goals and 92 points - his third-most against an opponent.

The Avs may need Sakic to continue his steady production against the Oilers, as the team ruled out forwards Ryan Smyth and Peter Forsberg from Thursday's contest. Smyth has been out with a concussion, while Forsberg has a strained groin.

Defenseman Jordan Leopold (head) is also out, while defenseman Adam Foote (hip) is likely to miss the contest. Defenseman Ruslan Salei (eye) will be a game-time decision.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #309
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

5-1 with 2 PP goals...were looking good all over the place..only maybe 10 shots on goal from Edmonton. Crazy with all these injuries we can still have a dominating game like this..makes you wonder how good we can be when fully healthy...i predicted awhile back that we'd win the division..after tonight we'll be all alone on top of the Division!!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #310
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

avs lose the last two and they are back in the 8th spot...this is nuts
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #311
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
avs lose the last two and they are back in the 8th spot...this is nuts
Last night was tough. They had so many goals on their sticks, and just didn't finish.

What is Mick McGeogh (sp?) still doing reffing in the NHL. He's a disgrace. That diving penalty he called on Forsberg was ridiculous. He waited until the other referee made the interference call...skated a bit...then made his decision. If you think a player flops...then just ****ing call it...immediately.

Watch any game that clown is involved with and you will see at least two or three head scratchers.

I'm not blaming the Avs' loss on McGeogh...I just can't stand the guy. The Avs lost because Backstrom stood on his head when he need to...and the Avs had a combination of bad luck, and poor shots.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #312
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

McGeogh is the worst
Old 03-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #313
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Last night was tough. They had so many goals on their sticks, and just didn't finish.

What is Mick McGeogh (sp?) still doing reffing in the NHL. He's a disgrace. That diving penalty he called on Forsberg was ridiculous. He waited until the other referee made the interference call...skated a bit...then made his decision. If you think a player flops...then just ****ing call it...immediately.

Watch any game that clown is involved with and you will see at least two or three head scratchers.

I'm not blaming the Avs' loss on McGeogh...I just can't stand the guy. The Avs lost because Backstrom stood on his head when he need to...and the Avs had a combination of bad luck, and poor shots.
ditto.....but Mr. McGoo made up for it with that questionable call against the Wild late in the 3rd period.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #314
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
ditto.....but Mr. McGoo made up for it with that questionable call against the Wild late in the 3rd period.
Yeah. My point wasn't that he screwed the Avs...my point was he just sucks. That's why I pointed out that you'll see a lot of nonsense in ANY game he's involved in. I've disliked that pecker face for years.

Here's to a win tonight!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #315
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Nonsense. The game against Detroit a couple of weeks ago was pathetic. The Avs game out sluggish...not moving their feet, and they got pounced by a reeling Stars team. Leopold had to leave after being charged by Ott. (It's illegal to leave your feet when checking). Then when Salei went to confront Ott he got head butted (unintentional) by the crown of Ott's helmet. Altitude zoomed in on it, and you could Ruslan was hurt before Ott threw a punch. But after getting down early...they continued to try.

Just another reason why it's stupid to sit Parker. Although Cody McCormick is more than capable of handling Steve Ott (He didn't). Q can go **** himself for sitting Parker. He's every bit as productive as Hlinka.
I went to this game! It was my first NHL game and I was really excited. Had on my avs jersey and all, and they had a total of a dozen shots on the goal. what the crap?
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #316
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7 View Post
I went to this game! It was my first NHL game and I was really excited. Had on my avs jersey and all, and they had a total of a dozen shots on the goal. what the crap?
Yea it seems like when we play other playoff teams we just play like a$$, we can barely manage a goal most of the time..i was hoping that when Sakic, Smyth and Stastny came back this would go away but it hasn't...our PP has gotten a little better..at least were scoring PP goals once in awhile..at times i wonder if they even practice. They don't play like theres a playoff seed on the line!!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:27 PM   #317
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

no matter if they are winning or losing, they look terrible in the 1st period.

and for most of this game the avs were just brutal with nuetral zone turnovers, and brutal on face offs.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #318
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

this kinda has an avs connection

patrick roys son in a brawl
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #319
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
this kinda has an avs connection

patrick roys son in a brawl

daaaaaamn!! opened up a can of whoopass.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #320
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
daaaaaamn!! opened up a can of whoopass.
Yeah...on a guy who clearly wasn't interested. Whoever the team playing Roy was should sign Mike Vernon for a game so he can kick his ass just like he kicked his old man's.

I hate that. If a guy clearly doesn't want to dance you don't just skate all the way down to his crease and start throwing bombs. I understand how heated it gets, but geez...he acted like his old man in a Colorado Springs barroom.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #321
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i kinda agree penjo, but after how many bombs do you stop being a p***Y and try to defend yourself.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #322
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Wow did Lappy get in the Flaming Mo's heads tonight. Tay-o-door was great again. The slide is over. Kick some ass.

Liles was awesome tonight.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #323
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Jeff Finger did a nice impression of Adam Foote last night.

If he keeps playing like that, maybe Footer can rest up until the plyoffs
Old 03-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #324
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
i kinda agree penjo, but after how many bombs do you stop being a p***Y and try to defend yourself.
the dude isn't a p***y, he's letting little Roy a)make an arse of himself, and (b) receive a lengthy suspension, thereby greatly reducing his team's chances of winning the series.

little Roy is just like his immature, over-dramatic, and lame-fighting old man...minus the talent. his old man got off light.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #325
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Ok Q better have this team ready tonight as far as iam concerned the playoffs started against calgary.