The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default My Very First Fischer Price Fantasy Baseball Team

Well, I finally took the plunge, and joined a 10-team league on ESPN, and I figured I'd get your guys' take on it. I just wrapped up my draft...Take a peek.

C - Geovany Soto, ChC
1B - Justin Morneau, Min
2B - Placido Polanco, Det
3B - Miguel Cabrera, Det
SS - Troy Tulowitzki, Col
2B/SS - Aaron Hill, Tor
1B/3B - Conor Jackson, Ari
OF - Ichiro Suzuki, Sea
OF - Jason Bay, Pit
OF - Andruw Jones, LAD
OF - Michael Bourn, Hou
OF - Rick Ankiel, StL
UTIL - Evan Longoria, TB
Bench - Richie Sexson, Sea

P - Josh Beckett, Bos
P - Roy Halladay, Tor
P - Felix Hernandez, Sea
P - Huston Street, Oak
P - Chien-Ming Wang, NYY
P - Jeff Francis, Col
P - Brad Penny, LAD
P - Dontrelle Willis, Det
P - Shaun Marcum, Tor
Bench - Barry Zito, SF
Bench - B.J. Ryan, Tor

How did I do?
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericon View Post
Well, I finally took the plunge, and joined a 10-team league on ESPN, and I figured I'd get your guys' take on it. I just wrapped up my draft...Take a peek.

C - Geovany Soto, ChC
1B - Justin Morneau, Min
2B - Placido Polanco, Det
3B - Miguel Cabrera, Det
SS - Troy Tulowitzki, Col
2B/SS - Aaron Hill, Tor
1B/3B - Conor Jackson, Ari
OF - Ichiro Suzuki, Sea
OF - Jason Bay, Pit
OF - Andruw Jones, LAD
OF - Michael Bourn, Hou
OF - Rick Ankiel, StL
UTIL - Evan Longoria, TB
Bench - Richie Sexson, Sea

P - Josh Beckett, Bos
P - Roy Halladay, Tor
P - Felix Hernandez, Sea
P - Huston Street, Oak
P - Chien-Ming Wang, NYY
P - Jeff Francis, Col
P - Brad Penny, LAD
P - Dontrelle Willis, Det
P - Shaun Marcum, Tor
Bench - Barry Zito, SF
Bench - B.J. Ryan, Tor

How did I do?
Hitting is okay, I don't like your OF's aside from Ichiro and maybe Bay. Eww on Sexson
Your pitching, way too many starters and only 1 closer. Heck, try to package some starting pitching to get a good closer and maybe a better OF bat.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead
 
MechanicalBull's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Hitting is okay, I don't like your OF's aside from Ichiro and maybe Bay. Eww on Sexson
Your pitching, way too many starters and only 1 closer. Heck, try to package some starting pitching to get a good closer and maybe a better OF bat.
He has two closers in Street and BJ Ryan. I agree that the outfied is hit or miss except for Ichiro. Starting pitching is real good and should rack up a lot of wins but I'd possibly look into trading one or two of those guys for a Bat. I don't know much about the catcher Soto on the Cubs but I heard Peter Gammons the other night and he was saying that Chicago is in love him with so I guess that is a good sign.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalBull View Post
He has two closers in Street and BJ Ryan. I agree that the outfied is hit or miss except for Ichiro. Starting pitching is real good and should rack up a lot of wins but I'd possibly look into trading one or two of those guys for a Bat. I don't know much about the catcher Soto on the Cubs but I heard Peter Gammons the other night and he was saying that Chicago is in love him with so I guess that is a good sign.
Soto should put up solid numbers.
As for closers, he really should try to get another. BJ Ryan is coming off a season ending injury, so thats a huge question mark. I think try to trade Wang and Andruw Jones for Matt Capps, Manny Corpas, or Bobby Jenks and an OF like Hunter Pence, Alex Rios, or Corey Hart. Maybe you can pull a trade like that off by offering well known guys for guys who aren't very well known.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco LB 59's Avatar
 
Keep your head up dog

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Leucadia CA
Posts: 6,044
Default

Don't trade for a closer. There is so much turnover at the closer role during the year you can usually pick 4-5 off the scrap heap. I do it all the time.

I think the offense can do the job. I like your infield. You have some balance there with batting average guys (Ichrio, Polanco, Cabrera) and Bourn is a threat to steal 45-50 this year. I like the Tulowitzki, Longoria and Aaron Hill picks especially.

As for the starters, the depth is solid, I wish you had a few more NL starters at the top for ERA and WHIP purposes.

If I were you, I would trade a starter and one of your second tier hitters for a top five-to-six round, OF/1B/3B bat. Forget about closer. You will be fine with saves if you do your homework all season.

Last edited by Bronco LB 59; 03-04-2008 at 04:50 PM..
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Denver Broncos