The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #251
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Ya clean but you can't tell me the player don't know where those partitions are and svatos cross checked from behind was pathetic.

video ?

i saw the smyth thing, hopefully hes ok, thats just one of those freak things that happens, what about this hit from behind ? you do realize that it wasnt done by a flyer so no further action will be takin.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #252
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
video ?

i saw the smyth thing, hopefully hes ok, thats just one of those freak things that happens, what about this hit from behind? you do realize that it wasnt done by a flyer so no further action will be takin.
Svatos was going after a puck in the corner...got cross checked from behind by Klemm near the boards. At that point his left leg went a weird way, and he smashed into the boards. A penalty was called on the play, but Salei put the puck in the net.

I think the gripe with that call is that Klemm was only given 2 minutes. I think people were looking for a boarding, or an intent to injure penalty. Something more severe.

It's over and done with now, and the Kings still suck.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #253
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
video ?

i saw the smyth thing, hopefully hes ok, thats just one of those freak things that happens, what about this hit from behind ? you do realize that it wasnt done by a flyer so no further action will be takin.

I can't find any video all i can say is klemms hit was completely unnecessary and why it wasn't called a boarding baffles me.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...008&gameType=2

edit:I noticed that Pendejo said klemm got 2 minutes and tell ya the truth i was cooking stuff on the grill when svatos got smoked so i was running up and down the stairs.

Last edited by Bronx33; 03-02-2008 at 12:13 PM..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #254
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0wuraHWRGg
Old 03-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #255
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
No, karma is that piece of crap Marc Crawford coaching a team that is 9 points behind the next worst team in the conference.
Are you ****ing kidding me? Coach smack? Yeah your coach is about to be inducted in the Choke Artist Hall of Fame right next to Marty Schottenheimer. Seriously I think when Jack Johnson put Smyth out of commission all of the Av fans got a concussion too.

So no it was Karma on Smyth. That POS was spearing our goalie intentionally in the last game we played. What comes around goes around KidA, and if you watched the game Frolov got the same exact hit from Lappy. Difference is that Frolov is smart enough to have his chin straps on tight.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #256
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Thats pretty much the same hit that changed the rules that every player must wear a helmet. Brad Marsh of the Flyers was hit like that and the new rule was introduced shortly after. It wasnt a dirty hit. Just an unfortunate situation. It's tough to intend/plan to ride a player into the glass like tha.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #257
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

your all class champ, keep it up
Old 03-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #258
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me? Coach smack? Yeah your coach is about to be inducted in the Choke Artist Hall of Fame right next to Marty Schottenheimer. Seriously I think when Jack Johnson put Smyth out of commission all of the Av fans got a concussion too.

So no it was Karma on Smyth. That POS was spearing our goalie intentionally in the last game we played. What comes around goes around KidA, and if you watched the game Frolov got the same exact hit from Lappy. Difference is that Frolov is smart enough to have his chin straps on tight.
Whatever. Seeing as a hit that injured a well-respected player is the lone "highlight" of you godawful team's season, I'll let you enjoy it, sig and all.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #259
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:

You're an idiot. There's no way Smyth intentionally speared LaBarbera. He was jamming at a lose puck in the crease, which is exactly how he plays the game and makes his money. It's unfotunate LaBarbera got injured. And that didn't happen in the last game between the Kings and Avs. LaBarbera missed a little over two weeks and came back against, you guessed it, Ryan Smyth and the Avalanche. Hopefully Smyth only misses around the same amount of time.

Finally, your sig is tasteless. But I wouldn't expect anything less from a Kings fan. Reading the letsgokings.com message boards during the 2001 and 2002 playoffs proved your fanbase is bottom of the barrell.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #260
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
your all class champ, keep it up
It was a clean hit, just that theres a bunch of ****ing babies here in Denver.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #261
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
It was a clean hit, just that theres a bunch of ****ing babies here in Denver.
i never said it wasnt a clean hit, it was, it was also unfortunate that smyth got injured, this reminds me of when brian campbell laid out rj umberger in the playoffs a few years ago, and while hes still motionless on the ice the crew in buffalo show the replay over and over, and the fans chear, another classy move.

big hits are good, they become unfortunate when the guy dosent get up tho, and to brag about takin somebody out is just classless, but then coming from a queens fan this shouldnt surprise anybody.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #262
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc View Post
You're an idiot. There's no way Smyth intentionally speared LaBarbera. He was jamming at a lose puck in the crease, which is exactly how he plays the game and makes his money.
The only idiots I saw where about 18,000 or so morons at Pepsi Center chanting "We Want Parker" after the CLEAN HIT, yeah that's ****ing classy.

Smyth isn't a angel. I watched that game and I saw with my own two eyes that he was jamming his stick blade at Labarbera in the rib area. Not where the puck was.

Hopefully someone tells Smyth to tighten up his chinstrap so maybe then he won't dribble his coconut off the ice like that again.

Quote:
Reading the letsgokings.com message boards during the 2001 and 2002 playoffs proved your fanbase is bottom of the barrell.
And after witnessing the game last night in person, I could not believe how many ****tards were in attendance. I got harassed verbally after that hit, for what? Because a King player made a clean hit and your guy got knocked the **** out? They should move the Franchise back to Quebec where they understand hockey...
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #263
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Here the way I see it. If your player gets knocked out, whether clean or not, you want retribution. That's just the way it is. Why is 18,000 fans chanting "we want Parker" classless? They should want him. In my opinion, rubbing the Avs fans noses in it with your siggy is not cool. You are more then free to keep it, not that I can make you take it down, but, don't expect to make any friends with it.
Like I said before, it was a clean, yet, unfortunate thing. Just like the incident Chad spoke of. Per the NHL, Campbell's hit on Umberger was "not illegal" ( I still struggle to see the difference between an elbow and shoulder pad. I think the shoulder does more damage with the hard plastic pads driving into someone's face). The point is, the fans of a team who's player gets knocked out, whether clean hit or not, they want someone to pay.
You're siggy just adds fuel to the fire.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #264
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
i never said it wasnt a clean hit, it was, it was also unfortunate that smyth got injured, this reminds me of when brian campbell laid out rj umberger in the playoffs a few years ago, and while hes still motionless on the ice the crew in buffalo show the replay over and over, and the fans chear, another classy move.

big hits are good, they become unfortunate when the guy dosent get up tho, and to brag about takin somebody out is just classless, but then coming from a queens fan this shouldnt surprise anybody.
It was a clean hit, no big deal. I'm not cheering the injury, just the hit. Smyth wasn't bleeding from the neck or knocked out because of a dirty hit. He got the wind knocked out of him and should have tightened his chin straps and if he did he would have ended up like Frolov got hit the same way from Lappy and bounced right back up.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #265
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

what about this hit ? was it ok ?

Old 03-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #266
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Here the way I see it. If your player gets knocked out, whether clean or not, you want retribution. That's just the way it is. Why is 18,000 fans chanting "we want Parker" classless? They should want him. In my opinion, rubbing the Avs fans noses in it with your siggy is not cool. You are more then free to keep it, not that I can make you take it down, but, don't expect to make any friends with it.
Like I said before, it was a clean, yet, unfortunate thing. Just like the incident Chad spoke of. Per the NHL, Campbell's hit on Umberger was "not illegal" ( I still struggle to see the difference between an elbow and shoulder pad. I think the shoulder does more damage with the hard plastic pads driving into someone's face). The point is, the fans of a team who's player gets knocked out, whether clean hit or not, they want someone to pay.
You're siggy just adds fuel to the fire.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. JMFJ made a clean hit, theres nothing borderline about it like you say with the Campbell hit. In fact it was impressive in the way he skated so fast to catch up to Smyth. Unfortunate that he got knocked out, but that's his fault since he risked himself by having those chinstraps loose. Like I told my avalanche friend,If you don't like the sight of your player getting knocked out from a clean hit, then go watch the ice capades.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #267
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Maybe this is what you are looking for...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cha-4ZQF3JU&feature=related
Old 03-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #268
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
The only idiots I saw where about 18,000 or so morons at Pepsi Center chanting "We Want Parker" after the CLEAN HIT, yeah that's ****ing classy.

Smyth isn't a angel. I watched that game and I saw with my own two eyes that he was jamming his stick blade at Labarbera in the rib area. Not where the puck was.

Hopefully someone tells Smyth to tighten up his chinstrap so maybe then he won't dribble his coconut off the ice like that again.

And after witnessing the game last night in person, I could not believe how many ****tards were in attendance. I got harassed verbally after that hit, for what? Because a King player made a clean hit and your guy got knocked the **** out? They should move the Franchise back to Quebec where they understand hockey...
Has anyone said that Jack Johnson's -- as an aside, I love all the hyperbole with Johnson and his "nickname"; the kid hasn't won anything, be it at Michigan, World Jrs, and obviously the NHL -- hit on Smyth was dirty? No. The dirty hit was Klemm on Svatos. Nobody wanted retribution on Klemm because he's been a contributor to 2 Stanley Cup teams in Denver, he's not a dirty player, and the player he hit didn't go off on a stretcher.

As far as the fans chanting for Parker, good for them. Johnson knew he had to answer, even if it was a clean hit. He should be glad it was Lappy that went after him and not Parker (and that Blake stepped in). You hit a star player, even if it's a clean check, prepare to fight. Laperierre knocked Niklas Lidstrom out with a clean check last month and fought the Red Wings enforcer soon after.

Ryan Smyth has never had the reputation as a dirty player. Also, do you know what kind of padding goalies wear? Their ribs are protected against 90+ MPH slap shots, let alone a stick to the midsection. It was a fluke that LaBarbera got injured.

You can stop with the chin strap bullish. Unless having a tight chinstrap protects one against a separated shoulder or broken collarbone, which is the rumored injury that's going to keep him out.

Have you ever been to a Frozen Fury game in Las Vegas? Getting verbally harassed by Kings fans is an annual rite for Avalanche fans in Vegas. I'm quite happy the hear you got some harassment back. I think you've already mentioned karma a few times and this would apply to the treatment you received at the Pepsi Center.

Even if Quebec got back the Nordiques we'd still have big time NCAA hockey in Denver. Does USC or UCLA have a D1 hockey team? While we're at it, why don't we move the Dodgers back to Brooklyn and the Lakers back to Minneapolis. That way L.A. can claim no professional championships (unless you guys want to include your buddies from Anaheim
Old 03-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #269
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Take it easy that kinda shyt happens at every arena in the league even original six teams have their share of idiots take a deep breath and move on.

Last edited by Bronx33; 03-03-2008 at 12:15 AM..
Old 03-03-2008, 12:45 AM   #270
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc View Post
Has anyone said that Jack Johnson's -- as an aside, I love all the hyperbole with Johnson and his "nickname"; the kid hasn't won anything, be it at Michigan, World Jrs, and obviously the NHL -- hit on Smyth was dirty? No. The dirty hit was Klemm on Svatos. Nobody wanted retribution on Klemm because he's been a contributor to 2 Stanley Cup teams in Denver, he's not a dirty player, and the player he hit didn't go off on a stretcher.
Yeah he hasn't won anything yet, granted he is 20 years old and is logging in over 20 minutes of ice time for the Kings. JMFJ is going to be one of the best defensemen in the league for years to come. He is physical and is very gifted offensively too. So its a very rare combination for a D-man. I find the double standard funny here, Klemm is the one that delivers what one could call a dirty hit and no retribution but JMFJ delivers a clean hit and there is blood to be had.

Quote:
As far as the fans chanting for Parker, good for them. Johnson knew he had to answer, even if it was a clean hit. He should be glad it was Lappy that went after him and not Parker (and that Blake stepped in). You hit a star player, even if it's a clean check, prepare to fight. Laperierre knocked Niklas Lidstrom out with a clean check last month and fought the Red Wings enforcer soon after.
Fans were retards after that hit, nothing more needs to be said. I'm all for retribution after a dirty hit but not after a clean hit and when the player that was cleanly checked risked himself to further injury by not using his chin straps properly.

Quote:
Ryan Smyth has never had the reputation as a dirty player. Also, do you know what kind of padding goalies wear? Their ribs are protected against 90+ MPH slap shots, let alone a stick to the midsection. It was a fluke that LaBarbera got injured.
Smyth isn't an angel,I know he got into a fight in the Avalanche training camp. I've seen enough of Ryan Smyth to know he isn't a clean player.

Well thanks for that wonderful explanation of the injury...just a fluke...riiiigghhht.

Quote:
You can stop with the chin strap bullish. Unless having a tight chinstrap protects one against a separated shoulder or broken collarbone, which is the rumored injury that's going to keep him out.
Well for now its a rumor and had he worn his helmet properly, he would have gotten up and skated to the bench and complained about his shoulder or whatever the rumor is.

Quote:
Have you ever been to a Frozen Fury game in Las Vegas? Getting verbally harassed by Kings fans is an annual rite for Avalanche fans in Vegas. I'm quite happy the hear you got some harassment back. I think you've already mentioned karma a few times and this would apply to the treatment you received at the Pepsi Center.
Well for one, I wasn't bothering anyone and didn't say a friggin word about the hit. I was silent and clapped when he got stretched off with the hit. After that JMFJ didn't get a penalty and then the booing and harassment ensued. As if I somehow was involved in the hit.

As for Frozen Fury, Yes I have, about 3 times. I have to say though that bringing up Frozen Fury is a dumb argument. For one it is Vegas, 80% of the fans are going to be extremely drunk and stupid. So expecting otherwise like everyone holding hands and singing Kumbya...it just wasn't going to happen. Fact is this was a regular season game and everything was fine up till that hit and that is when stupidity ensued.

Quote:
Even if Quebec got back the Nordiques we'd still have big time NCAA hockey in Denver. Does USC or UCLA have a D1 hockey team? While we're at it, why don't we move the Dodgers back to Brooklyn and the Lakers back to Minneapolis. That way L.A. can claim no professional championships (unless you guys want to include your buddies from Anaheim
USC and UCLA has hockey clubs actually. Why do we have to move the Lakers and Dodgers out of LA? They actually have knowledgeable fans that actually know the rules of their respective sports. I understand it might be a rough transition for the Avalanche fans who previously pre-occupied their time watching Rodeos and whatnot during the winter.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #271
defenseman
Ring of Famer

2007 record pred. (7-9)

Johnson wasn't trying to hurt smythe. It was clean. He'll be back soon enough.....dman
defenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #272
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
They should move the Franchise back to Quebec where they understand hockey...
NO

the team never should have left quebec, but thats another discussion for another time.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #273
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Smyth isn't an angel,I know he got into a fight in the Avalanche training camp. I've seen enough of Ryan Smyth to know he isn't a clean player.
Nothing more needs to be said. Ryan Smyth got into a fight at training camp. He should not continue to be considered one of the most respected players in the NHL.

Maybe you should go to a rodeo while you're in our cowtown since this hockey thing doesn't suit you well.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #274
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

According to yahoo...Svatos has a torn ACL, and is done for the season. Smyth has a concussion, and a slight shoulder separation and won't return until he doesn't have any symptoms.

Forsberg will decide whether or not he'll play after practice tomorrow morning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Svatos tore his ACL in the second period when he slid hard into the boards. He’ll undergo surgery and will be out for the remainder of the season.

Smyth suffered a concussion and a minor shoulder separation after Kings defenseman Jack Johnson checked him into the padded glass partition near the Colorado bench. The Avalanche said Smyth won’t return to the ice until he shows no lingering signs of the concussion.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #275
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
According to yahoo...Svatos has a torn ACL, and is done for the season. Smyth has a concussion, and a slight shoulder separation and won't return until he doesn't have any symptoms.

Forsberg will decide whether or not he'll play after practice tomorrow morning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Svatos tore his ACL in the second period when he slid hard into the boards. He’ll undergo surgery and will be out for the remainder of the season.

Smyth suffered a concussion and a minor shoulder separation after Kings defenseman Jack Johnson checked him into the padded glass partition near the Colorado bench. The Avalanche said Smyth won’t return to the ice until he shows no lingering signs of the concussion.
Christ... You guys are almost as snake bit as the Flyers!