The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2008, 01:02 AM   #551
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
no that is a fact pbn
He's still not the reigning MVP now is he
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #552
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Yeah, and i'm realistic that with a team of 23 year olds, that we have weak D & G positions. Until those get a bit more solid, i don't see them winning a cup this year. I figured it would be 5 years from when crosby was drafted to have enough young vets that knew how to win, and to carry it through.

You may expect to win it all, but having failed expectations every year is pretty funny to watch.

Quote:
arent we getting awefully cocky for a team thats made has only made the playoffs once this century.

i mean seriously, pbn is right, you guys have low expectations, last year you were just happy to make the playoffs for the first time since the 90s, now you want to win a round, well the flyers lost to tampa in the semis a few years ago and it was a disappointment, much like the broncos , flyers fans expect to win it all, not just be close.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:35 AM   #553
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
You may expect to win it all, but having failed expectations every year is pretty funny to watch.
its much better to just lower my expectations and meet them, gotcha If i did that id be a pens fan too just like you
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #554
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
its much better to just lower my expectations and meet them, gotcha If i did that id be a pens fan too just like you
Yep it's so tough being a pens fan. We got rewarded with a great corps of talent after having to fire sale the whole team, just to keep on budget. Mario came through and saved the team, now with a new arena, Crosby & Malkin the Pens will be around for easily (barring injury) the next 5 years at a potential run at a dynasty. It's great to watch and it's fun to enjoy.

Meanwhile Booby Clarke when running the team, didn't understand chemistry and doesn't understand how to build a champion caliber team. He ruined goalies, and punked his own players.

That's fine to support and root for, but it shows that birds of a feather flock together, and - well we know Philly isn't the most classy sports town, is it?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #555
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Yep it's so tough being a pens fan. We got rewarded with a great corps of talent after having to fire sale the whole team, just to keep on budget.
fire sale ? you left out the part that the fire sale was 5 years ago, and you had to sit threw 5 years of a minor league team in order to get all these high draft picks, oh wait i forgot nobody went to those games which is why the team went bankrupt for the third time.

Quote:
Mario came through and saved the team, now with a new arena,
Mario didnt save ****, betman saved your team, remember mario had the team sold to balsillie until the nhl came in and added a bunch of bs stipulations.

Thats something to be proud of there, suck so bad you get alot of top draft picks, and then cry to the nhl office to make the government build you a new arena.

Why is mario owner anyhow ? OH yeah thats right from the last time your pathetic excuse for a franchise went bankrupt, he was givin the team instead of the cash that he was owed. So that brings your total bankruptcy's to 3, yup thats something to be proud of, a team with a history of sucking and fair weather fans. Couldnt have been put in a better spot.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #556
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
fire sale ? you left out the part that the fire sale was 5 years ago, and you had to sit threw 5 years of a minor league team in order to get all these high draft picks, oh wait i forgot nobody went to those games which is why the team went bankrupt for the third time.

Mario didnt save ****, betman saved your team, remember mario had the team sold to balsillie until the nhl came in and added a bunch of bs stipulations.

Thats something to be proud of there, suck so bad you get alot of top draft picks, and then cry to the nhl office to make the government build you a new arena.

Why is mario owner anyhow ? OH yeah thats right from the last time your pathetic excuse for a franchise went bankrupt, he was givin the team instead of the cash that he was owed. So that brings your total bankruptcy's to 3, yup thats something to be proud of, a team with a history of sucking and fair weather fans. Couldnt have been put in a better spot.

Actually, for a team that had 20wins, they had good attendance. But again, you have been proven wrong by me before, and you still insist on being wrong.

You still have no bearing on the Pens financial situation. I've already corrected you numerous times and you are still ignorant of the facts. Which only shows again, how little you actually know and how much you just like to run your mouth.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #557
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Season GP W L Tł OTL Pts GF GA PIM Finish Playoffs
2001-02 82 28 41 8 5 69 198 249 1248 5th, Atlantic Did not qualify
2002-03 82 27 44 6 5 65 189 255 1125 5th, Atlantic Did not qualify
2003-04 82 23 47 8 4 58 190 303 1270 5th, Atlantic Did not qualify
2004-05 Season cancelled due to 2004-05 NHL Lockout
2005-06 82 22 46 — 14 58 244 316 1539 5th, Atlantic Did not qualify

yeah im sure wrong about the 5 seasons of suck

and In 1975, the Penguins' creditors demanded payment of back debts, forcing the team into bankruptcy. The doors to the team's offices were padlocked, and it looked like the Penguins were headed for contraction.

followed by owners Howard Baldwin and Morris Belzberg (who bought the Penguins after their first Cup win) had asked the players to defer their salaries. When they finally came due, combined with other financial pressures, the Penguins were forced to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in November 1998--the second such filing in franchise history.

followed by these events, On December 15, 2006, Balsillie withdrew his bid to buy the team. He made the decision after receiving notice from NHL commissioner Gary Bettman that the league would restrict Balsillie's control over the team. The move was geared at preventing Balsillie from moving the team.

Balsillie's sudden withdrawal angered Lemieux to the point that he claimed he would be able to retain Balsillie's $10 million deposit. The deposit was eventually returned, perhaps in light of subsequent events - the Penguins' existing ownership eventually negotiated a new arena deal with the Pennsylvanian government, and subsequently took the team off the market.

ok so i am wrong it wasnt 3 bankruptcy's but 2 and a relocation, so please tell me how you have proven anything?

For the record the number of wins shouldnt effect the number of people in the seats, the flyers last year only had 22 wins yet were still 7th in the league in attendance, but hey if we were fair weather fans wed be rooting for the penguins.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:56 PM   #558
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Season GP W L Tł OTL Pts GF GA PIM Finish Playoffs
2001-02 82 28 41 8 5 69 198 249 1248 5th, Atlantic Did not qualify
2002-03 82 27 44 6 5 65 189 255 1125 5th, Atlantic Did not qualify
2003-04 82 23 47 8 4 58 190 303 1270 5th, Atlantic Did not qualify
2004-05 Season cancelled due to 2004-05 NHL Lockout
2005-06 82 22 46 — 14 58 244 316 1539 5th, Atlantic Did not qualify

yeah im sure wrong about the 5 seasons of suck

and In 1975, the Penguins' creditors demanded payment of back debts, forcing the team into bankruptcy. The doors to the team's offices were padlocked, and it looked like the Penguins were headed for contraction.

followed by owners Howard Baldwin and Morris Belzberg (who bought the Penguins after their first Cup win) had asked the players to defer their salaries. When they finally came due, combined with other financial pressures, the Penguins were forced to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in November 1998--the second such filing in franchise history.

followed by these events, On December 15, 2006, Balsillie withdrew his bid to buy the team. He made the decision after receiving notice from NHL commissioner Gary Bettman that the league would restrict Balsillie's control over the team. The move was geared at preventing Balsillie from moving the team.

Balsillie's sudden withdrawal angered Lemieux to the point that he claimed he would be able to retain Balsillie's $10 million deposit. The deposit was eventually returned, perhaps in light of subsequent events - the Penguins' existing ownership eventually negotiated a new arena deal with the Pennsylvanian government, and subsequently took the team off the market.

ok so i am wrong it wasnt 3 bankruptcy's but 2 and a relocation, so please tell me how you have proven anything?

For the record the number of wins shouldnt effect the number of people in the seats, the flyers last year only had 22 wins yet were still 7th in the league in attendance, but hey if we were fair weather fans wed be rooting for the penguins.
Yep, considering you said the pens didn't make the playoffs since the 90's and that's not true. We've already been on the case that the pens had between 70-80% attendance, and they were in the black and paid all the creditors off.

I'm not sure why you keep wanting to dig a grave for yourself, but you do quite nicely. the ownership was poor - but the ownership has nothing to do with the fan base. Which you also fail to note the fan base led a great grass roots campaign that kept the pens in Pitt instead of having them liquidated, and later sold.

Interesting, isn't it. All the things you dug up, proved how loyal the fans were. The State of PA sat out as long as they could, and mario forced the issue with the sale to Bassille - knowing the NHL would block the Pens from being moved. Mario played it well.

You just hate the pens and your arguments have no rationale in them due to your own biased nature.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #559
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
mario forced the issue with the sale to Bassille - knowing the NHL would block the Pens from being moved. Mario played it well.
you said it right there, the nhl blocked the sale, the fans did squat, its ok there is nothing wrong with being on welfare and having others provide for you, speaking of which how much money do you get from revenue sharing ?

im done with you until you come up with something other then you saying "no really the fans did it, we really did" that dosent prove jack, even your own words you admit that the nhl saved the team.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #560
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
you said it right there, the nhl blocked the sale, the fans did squat, its ok there is nothing wrong with being on welfare and having others provide for you, speaking of which how much money do you get from revenue sharing ?

im done with you until you come up with something other then you saying "no really the fans did it, we really did" that dosent prove jack, even your own words you admit that the nhl saved the team.
WTF, do you even understand the stuff that was done to pressure the local and state reps to give mario and the ownership group their arena. Again, being a fool is a full time job for ya.

I'm going to start charging you tuition for how often i school you.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #561
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Well, you wanted to open up about Malkin playing the way he is now, but he didn't play that way till now. Not to mention, your opinion on AO, is only that you don't like Crosby because he's great. It's a proven fact that philly fans don't understand what greatness is. You can't blame them, they haven't tasted a championship in any from in the major pro-sports since the curse of Franklin.
No, I dont like Crosby because she is a crying lil b****. AO is great and I dont hate him at all. There are plenty of players that are great that I like.

I am dying to hear your "proven fact that philly fans don't understand what greatness is". Please entertain us withe the "facts".

Curse of Franklin? You sure about that? care to recheck your "facts"
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #562
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
No, I dont like Crosby because she is a crying lil b****. AO is great and I dont hate him at all. There are plenty of players that are great that I like.

I am dying to hear your "proven fact that philly fans don't understand what greatness is". Please entertain us withe the "facts".

Curse of Franklin? You sure about that? care to recheck your "facts"
ya, what happened after Philly built a building taller than the Ben Franklin statue? Oh yeah, and if you want to talk about success, i guess being a perennial choke artist is great! Not to mention, you've just illustrated how you let your own personal bias, remove any objectivity. But then, I guess having the best player in the world does cause some jealousy issues.....

Damn, you need to pay me tuition too.

Last edited by alkemical; 02-12-2008 at 09:39 PM..
Old 02-13-2008, 12:49 AM   #563
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

I'll take a refund on that tuition please. There is no Ben Franklin statue in Philly. It's William Penn you nitwit. Talk about facts!

I have zero jealousy. I guess if Cindy played for the Flyers, I'd consider him the best too. He doesn't and my unbiased opinion is AO is the best player.

I'm still waiting for you to back you spew up. Care to elaborate on this gem of a statement... "proven fact that philly fans don't understand what greatness is".

Perennial choke artists? well, I guess that means we are in the hunt EVERY year as opposed to every OTHER decade. I always defend our Broncos by saying I am proud to cheer for a team and ownership that does ANYTHING they can to win every year. We all know it's impossible to win every year. Hell, sometimes we don't win the title in decades. All I can do is take pride in a dedicated organization.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #564
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
I'll take a refund on that tuition please. There is no Ben Franklin statue in Philly. It's William Penn you nitwit. Talk about facts!

I have zero jealousy. I guess if Cindy played for the Flyers, I'd consider him the best too. He doesn't and my unbiased opinion is AO is the best player.

I'm still waiting for you to back you spew up. Care to elaborate on this gem of a statement... "proven fact that philly fans don't understand what greatness is".

Perennial choke artists? well, I guess that means we are in the hunt EVERY year as opposed to every OTHER decade. I always defend our Broncos by saying I am proud to cheer for a team and ownership that does ANYTHING they can to win every year. We all know it's impossible to win every year. Hell, sometimes we don't win the title in decades. All I can do is take pride in a dedicated organization.

Yep and i'll bet you that the Pens win a cup before the flyers do.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:44 AM   #565
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

BOS 2 PIT 1

Just didnt have any energy tonight for some reason. Geno with the only goal for Pittsburgh. Conklin with some great saves at the end to keep us in the game.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #566
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

it happens
Old 02-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #567
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Yep and i'll bet you that the Pens win a cup before the flyers do.

Come on bro. Weak comeback. What's your next rebutal.... "My older brother is gonna beat you up"?

WEAK!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #568
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Come on bro. Weak comeback. What's your next rebutal.... "My older brother is gonna beat you up"?

WEAK!!!!!!!!!
See, you know it's true.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #569
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
See, you know it's true.
Mwaaaaaahaha.

There are no guarantees though. When we had the best team, or a top2 team in the East for a decade, I thought the same thing. You know the result.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:33 AM   #570
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Mwaaaaaahaha.

There are no guarantees though. When we had the best team, or a top2 team in the East for a decade, I thought the same thing. You know the result.
Yep, the philly curse!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #571
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Yep, the philly curse!
Ben Franklin right?
Old 02-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #572
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Ben Franklin right?
Eh, i was working with K.O.P. all day and one of the "stores" was by the franklin mall
Old 02-16-2008, 07:55 PM   #573
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Looks like the rehab is going so well that Sid may be able to play next week...although I do not have confirmation of that. I suspect just out of precaution, they might hold him out another couple weeks, but I have heard that he looked like his old self participating in full contact and full speed practices today after practicing no-contact the last couple weeks.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #574
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Eh, i was working with K.O.P. all day and one of the "stores" was by the franklin mall

Thats cool and all but you know that anytime you bring up the curse, you will have to be lumped into the joke.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #575
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

PIT 4 BUF 1

Superb effort by Ty Conklin. He totally owned. Buffalo peppered him with a TON of shots in the first period and he held up great. Geno with a couple more points, he is now within just ONE point of Ovechkin for the league lead. I'd be VERY SURPRISED if Geno does not win the Art Ross, he's just scoring at an amazing clip right now.

Sid should be back within a week too, from what I heard.