The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #526
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

dirty pens at it again wonder if the nhl will suspend them this time

go figure ruutu, late hit, knee on knee, then turtle, should be a few games, If he dosent get games its open season on cindy when he gets back, and until then its open season on malkin.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #527
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

blah, i can't wait for crosby to come back. The pens really don't have much beyond a few 'stars'.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #528
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08036...d=penguins.xml

The Penguins have recalled defenseman Alex Goligoski from their Wilkes-Barre/Scranton farm team today.

In 43 games with the Baby Penguins this season, Goligoski has six goals, 11 assists and 17 points. His six goals and five power play goals lead Baby Penguins' defensemen. Recently, Goligoski was selected to play for the PlanetUSA squad at the AHL All-Star Classic.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #529
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08037...d=penguins.xml

Sidney Crosby resumes skating
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
By Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Penguins center Sidney Crosby began skating this week while the team was on the road and did so again today before the team's practice at Mellon Arena. There is no indication that the timetable for his return has changed. Crosby, out with a high ankle sprain, is expected back in March.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #530
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I think Ryan Whitney is on the block

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #531
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Yep, i agree.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #532
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Penguins Q&A with Dave Molinari
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Q: I'm really getting sick and tired of Ryan Whitney's nonphysical play. Here's a guy who's got great size and whimpers in the presence of smaller players. I know not all guys are physical, per se, but you have to clear the net, period.

Tim, Cincinnati

MOLINARI: Whitney is having a disappointing season -- he's been pretty ordinary offensively for a guy coming off a 59-point season, and ineffective around his own net much of the time -- but anyone who expects him to play a physical game simply hasn't been paying attention. He's got good offensive skills, and those were the reasons the Penguins invested a first-round draft choice in him and gave him a six-year, $24 million contract last summer. Whitney's size (6 foot 4, 219 pounds) aside, he never had been one to play the body, and probably never will be.

That doesn't absolve him of responsibility for contributing in his own zone, however, whether he does it primarily with positioning or anticipation or reach or whatever. After all, a defenseman doesn't have to crush people to be an asset in the defensive end, and that is the primary responsibility for someone playing that position.

Still, it was an interesting decision by coach Michel Therrien to single out Whitney for criticism after the Penguins allowed a 3-1 lead to become a 4-3 defeat in New Jersey Monday. No question Whitney was guilty of a few lapses, but he hardly was the only one who sputtered after the Penguins appeared to take control of the game.

Therrien hardly is the first coach to publicly call out a prominent player but, assuming his comments after the game were premeditated, it wasn't clear if he was hoping to motivate Whitney by publicly embarrassing him or attempting to galvanize his players by getting them to rally behind Whitney after he was subjected to such a harsh public tongue-lashing.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #533
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

Penguins' Crosby, Roberts skate at practice
By The Tribune-Review
Thursday, February 7, 2008

Captain Sidney Crosby and left wing Gary Roberts each skated Wednesday prior to the Penguins' practice at Mellon Arena.

Crosby has not played since Jan. 18, when he was lost for six to eight weeks with a high right ankle sprain. Crosby has skated lightly the past few days. Team officials stressed there is no updated prognosis for Crosby's return.

Roberts has not played since Dec. 29 due to a broken left leg. Although no timetable has been made official, the Penguins are optimistic Roberts could return by the end of February.

Coach Michel Therrien said center Kris Beech will play tonight against the New York Islanders at Mellon Arena.

Beech has not played since he was claimed off waivers Jan. 26. Beech had not practiced for 10 days prior to his arrival in Pittsburgh last Thursday.

Kennedy update

Forward Tyler Kennedy participated in a full practice for the first time since he was diagnosed with mononucleosis on Jan. 23.

Kennedy is not expected to play tonight.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #534
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Some real interesting things in this Q&A

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8
Old 02-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #535
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

PIT 4 LA 2

Geno with 2 goals and almost had a hat trick but missed the empty netter. Pens move into first place in the Atlantic.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:35 PM   #536
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Thanks Socal, one more inch closer to Stamkos...thank you Penguins.

Too bad Clouts didn't play...woulda been a shut out.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #537
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I'm just happy the pens didn't fold when Crosby went down. Malkin has really showed me how good he can be.

GO PENS!
Old 02-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #538
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

PIT 4 PHI 3

We finally beat the Flyers. GENO IS RAPING!!! RAAAAAAAAAA-PING. Another 4 points for him today and had 3 yesterday. He's within 3 of the league scoring lead. He's going to catch Ovechkin. Pens still in first in the Atlantic. I think we'll be in good shape when Sid comes back in 3 weeks or so.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #539
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Congrats on the win. This just proves that Cindy is the 2nd best player in the NHL. They haven't missed a beat without him. In fact, they look better.
Should be a fun time coming down the stretch. This has been a fun year as a Flyer fan but I am not blind. The Flyers don't have much of a chance at contending for the Conference crown. They are far too young and have little time together. Another year or 2 and we should be knocking on the door of Lord Stanley.

GO FLYERS!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #540
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Malkin hasn't been playing like this until Crosby went out. If Malkin plays this way when Crosby comes back, i expect this team to advance to the second round this year.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:12 AM   #541
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

lol:

Malkin's play in his first 134 games in North America has been enough to earn him a loyal following among fans. But if not, the sentiments he expressed about the Flyers surely would have.

"That's one of the teams that it's not really a pleasure to play against," he said. "When we play there, we have problems, like people throwing popcorn on the bench. I don't really like playing against them. I don't like that team."
Old 02-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #542
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
"That's one of the teams that it's not really a pleasure to play against," he said.
awesome, thats they way it should be, your not supposed to make the other guy feel at home.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #543
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Yeah i'm fine with it, 4pts a game would be a good start for Malkin to play against the flyers.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #544
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

God, thats one of the greatest quotes I've ever seen. What a compliment. Malkin is a Jagr clone. We just need to find the clone for Chris Therien to shut him down. If Therien could have played against Jagr every game, he would have been the greatest defensive defensemen that ever lived.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #545
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Malkin hasn't been playing like this until Crosby went out. If Malkin plays this way when Crosby comes back, i expect this team to advance to the second round this year.

That may be true and all, but, I'd still take Ovechkin over Cindy. Ilya is right there as well.

2nd round? Thats as high as you are shooting? Good God man.... Pens fans should expect nothing less then a conference championship appearance.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #546
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
That may be true and all, but, I'd still take Ovechkin over Cindy. Ilya is right there as well.

2nd round? Thats as high as you are shooting? Good God man.... Pens fans should expect nothing less then a conference championship appearance.
Well you are biased, and well - It is TRUE. Can't you flyer fans get your facts straight, it's not even fun....
Old 02-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #547
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Well you are biased, and well - It is TRUE. Can't you flyer fans get your facts straight, it's not even fun....

What facts? My opinion is that AO is the best player in the league.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #548
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Well, you wanted to open up about Malkin playing the way he is now, but he didn't play that way till now. Not to mention, your opinion on AO, is only that you don't like Crosby because he's great. It's a proven fact that philly fans don't understand what greatness is. You can't blame them, they haven't tasted a championship in any from in the major pro-sports since the curse of Franklin.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #549
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
no that is a fact pbn
Old 02-11-2008, 11:47 PM   #550
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
It's a proven fact that philly fans don't understand what greatness is. You can't blame them, they haven't tasted a championship in any from in the major pro-sports since the curse of Franklin.
arent we getting awefully cocky for a team thats made has only made the playoffs once this century.

i mean seriously, pbn is right, you guys have low expectations, last year you were just happy to make the playoffs for the first time since the 90s, now you want to win a round, well the flyers lost to tampa in the semis a few years ago and it was a disappointment, much like the broncos , flyers fans expect to win it all, not just be close.