The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2008, 10:54 PM   #301
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Clip

This should be a suspension IMO
You don't say!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #302
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i couldnt even bring myself to comment on that one.

so hey pbn you gonna be watching redbull crashed ice tonight ? tsn 9pm, will be online, just use that canadian proxy i posted earlier (198.163.152.230 on port 3128)

heres a link with info about it looks awesome i wanna do it next year
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:52 PM   #303
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

you guys are in your own world lol...
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #304
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

So pens blog loses the bet and the winner gets to post on the losers site...

Link

So the Pensblog and The 700 Level made a little mayor's wager on the outcome of the Flyers-Pens game last night, wherein the winning city's representative gets to post whatever suits their fancy on the other's site. Naturally, Philly won, and we are here to enjoy our spoils.

While trying to decide how to shape this post, several ideas came to mind. I could do a game thread, complete with hard returns after single sentences, cartoon characters doing adult things, and PhotoShops of Michel Therrian wearing a Borat singlet. Or perhaps I could be inflammatory, titling the post, "Another Chapter in the Annals of Pittsburgh's Inferiority Complex," and discussing the big brother city/little brother city relationship that defines our political and sporting rivalries (ie, you think there's a big rivalry; we don't pay attention to you). However, although they'd be fun and surely provide some oxygen for the comment flame, neither of those things would accurately convey how I feel about the Penguins. To be honest, I've always kind of liked PA's other hockey franchise.

How could anyone, at any time, find fault with Mario Lemieux? I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a black Jagr away jersey, with "Pittsburgh" diagonally down the front and an "A" on the chest (they need to go back to that design, by the way). When I was a wee hockey fan, I collected jerseys as soon as I could afford them, and this was my second favorite (Roy white Canadiens was first). I didn't love the Pens or anything, but it was hard not to be amazed by the play of a young Euro star like Jaromir Jagr. Years later, I wouldn't be caught dead in anything but Phila gear, but times were different when I was 11 years old and skating on a hose-frozen backyard snowfall.

When I heard the Penguins might lose their franchise, I thought it would be a devastating crime against hockey, and definitely the city of Pittsburgh. I nervously tracked the news, which was increasingly ominous for a while. And as much as it may surprise you, when I watched as Super Mario & Co. rebuilt that franchise with unprecedented good draft positions and perfect selections, I was happy. I can't lie; there are quite a few teams for which I have bus-accident hatred… The Penguins just aren't one of them. Not being from New York, New Jersey, or DC helps. We think of you kinda like we think of Baltimore, which is to say, we don't think about you very much at all.

But I am glad to see this rivalry heat up. Since both franchises entered the league in 1967, the Flyers have owned the Pens, winning 50 more games over that time frame. This year, Philly has won the first 4 games. How could I not welcome some new venom, and hopefully, bragging rights? Perhaps with time, rather than Lemieux's iconicism, the Darius Kasparitises of the world will become my new old Pens memories (both his being an absolute scumbag, and also the fact that he's in the frame when Keith Primeau hits "The Shot.")

Clip

I can feel my dislike for the boys in Black and Vegas Gold growing daily though, and it does so not because of the Georges Laraque's of the world… my vitriol is aimed almost entirely at Sidney Crosby.

Crosby is undoubtedly a player of amazing talent and scary potential. He will be a thorn in the side of the Flyers and their fans for the next 10 years (at least). However, the same can be said for Evgeni Malkin, and to a lesser extent, Jordan Staal and perhaps Colby Armstrong. I'd love to see any of those latter guys skate in Orange and Black (as well as Laraque). Who wouldn't? I love to watch them play right now, even against my Flyers. But I don't want Crosby. He'd have no place in Philly with his dives, complaints, and expectations of kid-glove treatments. I understand it's crazy not to want an MVP-caliber player on your team, and Paul Holmgren likely wouldn't appreciate me saying so, but I hope to Kate Smith I never see Sid Crosby on the Flyers. He embodies the only kind of player I truly dislike. I like the agitators, the Euro burners, the fourth-line plodding Canadians, the brawlers who have so little talent they might as well where a cape and wrestling tights, even when they're on the other team; but I can't stand an immensely talented player who constantly takes dives, talks trash, but won't fight.

I'll take Mike Richards as my team's captain over Sid Crosby any day of the week. It takes more than scoring. It takes a man to be a leader on the ice, and so far, I don't see Crosby as that kind of guy. Go ahead and throw his stats at me. I know 'em. I don't care. I just don't like him.

That said, when I was having a beer in a hotel bar earlier this week and saw Crosby go down in a heap, with the words "high ankle sprain" at the bottom of the replay, I was pretty disappointed. I knew this great game was right around the corner, and the rivalry is more fun when Sid's on the ice, particularly in Philly. I also freely admit that Sid is great for hockey, a struggling sport that I love. His shootout goal in the Winter Classic helped get hockey some of the attention it deserves, and his absence at the All-Star festivities is unfortunate for the game.

Last edited by Bronx33; 01-26-2008 at 08:17 PM..
Old 01-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #305
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

The Flyboys take over the East division lead. They are 1 pt ahead of Pitts and 2 pts ahead of the Devils. They still have a game in hand on both teams.
What an ugly game with the Kings. Was it post allstar game rust or playing down to the competition? I think both. Doesnt matter though as they get the win and 2 points. On deck... The LAST PLACE Rangers.

How shocking Chad.... The great Colin Campbell decides that Laraques hit on Downey did not deserve a a suspension. Nah, Colin doesn't have a hard on for the Flyers. Right! Does that dickless moron flip a coin to decide suspensions? Whatever. I guess knuckle dragger will have to pay on the ice. Thats the 2nd dirty play he has pulled on the Flyers this season. The first being Laraques pathetic attempt to cut Birons leg out.
I wanted to puke watching Stevens and Holmgren have to "watch their words" when asked to give their opinion of Campbells decision to not suspend Laraque. What a joke.

Anyway.... GO FLYERS!

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 01-29-2008 at 10:50 PM..
Old 02-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #306
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Attila the hun scores the game winner, and makes a couple nice defensive plays en route to a 3-2 win over the atlanta thrashers, infront of what like 6500 people, god that was pathetic, kinda reminds me of the crowds in pittsburgh 3 years ago.

we are now just 3 points behind the sens with a game at hand.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #307
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

What did avery do to get a 10 min misconduct?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #308
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
What did avery do to get a 10 min misconduct?

I was at the game so I am not 100% sure because I didn't hear the announcers. From what I saw, he kept going after the ref with his body and lips. Everytime they tried to put him in the box, he circled around to yap some more. Usually you see the ref put his hands on his hips, the same way an NFL ref signals offside, but I never saw him make that signal to call the misconduct. Who knows. I don't know if he got the misconduct before he kept yapping or if his yapping got him the misconduct.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #309
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

im a little concerned after this weekends performances, coburn goes down, gagne left the game today with what is being called a mild concussion, upshall is out a week to 10 days, and nobody is stepping up, briere is being the little b**** that i thought he would be, he gets pushed off the puck far to easily, today was a perfect example, cindy goes down, mcfluerry goes down and malkin takes the team on his back, 4 points ? come on, whos carrying the flyers ? our 3 line scoring depth has dried up, everybody is cold at once. and everything is so close that a few bad weeks and your out of the playoffs looking in. That being said, currently sitting in 6th place in the east would get us either the capitals or the hurricanes, which would be about the best possible matchup, and easiest way into the second round.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #310
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
nobody is stepping up, briere is being the little b**** that i thought he would be

BUST

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #311
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

BUST
you havent shown your face all season, until now, your bordering on being a troll ya know , ya finally won a game tho congrats.

the pic is pretty funny tho, id like to point out that i have never liked the idea of getting him, and hes showing why.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #312
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
you havent shown your face all season, until now, your bordering on being a troll ya know , ya finally won a game tho congrats.

the pic is pretty funny tho, id like to point out that i have never liked the idea of getting him, and hes showing why.
I haven't shown my face all season? I have posted after most Penguins games....you just don't read the Penguins thread a whole lot.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:10 AM   #313
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

While Briere deserves some blame, he is far from a bust. He is 2nd on the Flyers in points. His plus/minus is putrid though. It's easy to target the highest paid player, but, this weekend was just 2 games in a 82 game season. The Flyers are so streaky. They just came off of a 12 out of 15 streak and have now fallen back to earth. It happens, especially with a young team who is once again caught with injury issues.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #314
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i disagree pbn, brierre has been invisible all year, hes been getting points but i never notice him out there, except when he give sup the puck cuz hes afraid of getting hit, he needs to play with the heart of upshall, another little guy whos not afriad of anybody.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #315
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
i disagree pbn, brierre has been invisible all year, hes been getting points but i never notice him out there, except when he give sup the puck cuz hes afraid of getting hit, he needs to play with the heart of upshall, another little guy whos not afriad of anybody.
Sometimes I find myself saying "Where is Briere" when we need a big goal, so sometimes, I see what you are saying. However, Danny is 3rd on the team in goals (20) and 2nd on the team in assists (32). It's tough to be "invisible all year" when you take that into account.
I miss the days when we had Lindros. You knew when we were down by a goal late, he would take over and give us that late goal. If not, he would create enough space for Renberg or leclair to score. Primeau was the same. We don't have that. Hell, gagne isn't that guy either. The best player to fall back on is Mike Richards.
I love Scottie Upshall but I think he is on his way out. Somehow, he is in Stevens' doghouse (as is Lasse). i don't know why either player is in the doghouse. I think both could be great players. I know Upshall takes some dumb penalties but Stevens' needs to understand that Scottie is young and aggressive. Upshall will learn as time goes on. i just think it won't be in Philly. He was a healthy scratch a couple times this season and got moved down to the 3rd or 4th line a few times as well.
We'll see what happens when he's healthy though. It will be tough to get value for him while he's hurt if the Flyers plan on moving him at the deadline.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #316
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Coburn out with a torn buttock artery

Never heard of this injury..

he Philadelphia Flyers will be without Braydon Coburn for up to two weeks after tests revealed the defenseman suffered a torn artery in his left buttock in Saturday's loss to the Rangers.

"We'll probably know more in a few days," Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. Holmgren said he'd never heard of such an injury.

According to the newspaper, Coburn wasn't sure how he injured himself in the Flyers' 2-0 loss to the Rangers. Lasse Kukkonen replaced Coburn in the lineup for Sunday's 4-3 loss to Pittsburgh.

"You don't want to see anyone go down, especially like that, a guy rushed to the hospital," Kukkonen said, according to the Inquirer. "I heard he is OK. I talked to him last night, and he is feeling better."

Coburn, who turns 23 on Feb. 27, has four goals and 20 assists in 54 games this season.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #317
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Yeah.... What they didnt say in that piece is that Coburn was rushed out of the arena on Saturday during the 2nd period to the hospital to have emergency surgery. Scary stuff.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #318
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Add Lupol to the list of "wtf" injuries. Wow, they are swirling around the bowl right now. Briere is taking alot of heat from the not so kind Philly media.

There are a few positives right now though. Ryan Parent has looked awesome in his 2 games and Lasse Kukkonen has been great as well. I really think Kuk's is a top 4 defenseman on this team. I'm not sure why Stevens doesn't see the same.
Also, if the Flyers can just hang on and get in the second season, they have as good a chance as anyone in the east. I don't care who the 8 seed in the east is. Everyone of these teams has a chance.
Hell, it's better then losing 6 games in a row headed into the playoffs. Get the ugly's out of the way now.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #319
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Add Lupol to the list of "wtf" injuries. Wow, they are swirling around the bowl right now. Briere is taking alot of heat from the not so kind Philly media.

There are a few positives right now though. Ryan Parent has looked awesome in his 2 games and Lasse Kukkonen has been great as well. I really think Kuk's is a top 4 defenseman on this team. I'm not sure why Stevens doesn't see the same.
Also, if the Flyers can just hang on and get in the second season, they have as good a chance as anyone in the east. I don't care who the 8 seed in the east is. Everyone of these teams has a chance.
Hell, it's better then losing 6 games in a row headed into the playoffs. Get the ugly's out of the way now.

I know how ya feel we were just getting to the point of having full lines again and clark dislocates his shoulder the other night throwing the D rotation into a tizzy. (it's frustrating)
Old 02-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #320
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Bronx, You gotta link to man games lost per team in the NHL this year? Should be interesting to see where the Flyers stand. The Flyers broadcast team said it last night when comparing the Flyers to the Habs. the Habs only have 1 man game lost all year. Is that correct?
Old 02-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #321
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

I wonder if any team will give up a bag of pucks and throw in some hockey tape for Hatcher at this point. I dont care what we get for him, if anything. I just want Parent and/or Kuk's in the lineup from here on out.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #322
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
I wonder if any team will give up a bag of pucks and throw in some hockey tape for Hatcher at this point. I dont care what we get for him, if anything. I just want Parent and/or Kuk's in the lineup from here on out.
I was never a big hatcher fan it seems he just skates around and hacks a slashes anymore his best times are long gone.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #323
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Bronx, You gotta link to man games lost per team in the NHL this year? Should be interesting to see where the Flyers stand. The Flyers broadcast team said it last night when comparing the Flyers to the Habs. the Habs only have 1 man game lost all year. Is that correct?

Iam not sure but that would be pretty amazing if true (i will look around)
Old 02-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #324
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

stupid habs fans

ya know i kinda like briere for what he just did

incase you missed it, price got his first nhl shutout last night, and as the buzzer went briere flipped the puck into the crowd.

good for him, stupid fans boo him every time he touches the puck because he didnt sign there, get a life.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #325
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Ok it appears it's not a stat anybody keeps track of but i did find this, if you can pinpoint when which player went down you could calculate man games on your team.

Heres a list of all players that missed any time what so ever for each team i bet you could get a fairly close total.

http://freefantasy.nhl.com/hockey/reports/pp_injury.asp