The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2008, 11:55 PM   #326
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
total domination, thats the only way to describe that, cote dropped the gloves with mcgratton, who seperated his shoulder or something in the fight and didnt make it back into the game, en route to a 6-1 pasting of the sens.

opening fight

john stevens showed incredible class in putting tough guy riley cote out there on the powerplay in the last period with the score 5-1, no matter as they still got a goal.
Cote DESTROYED McGratton. I thought McGratton was a "tough guy". Guess not.

Chad, Cote Actually would have scored on that PP. He deflected a shot from the point and the puck rolled past Emery and was heading over the goalline when Scottie Upshall slammed it home. I was bummed. I so wanted Riley to get the goal. Oh well, Riles did his job tonight. He even got the 3rd star and deservedly so.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #327
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Old 01-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #328
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

the flyers should be orange
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #329
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Mirtle crunches the playoff numbers

The playoff push: 95 points or bust

It's back again.

This season, the eighth-place Western Conference team is on pace for right around 94 points. In the Eastern Conference, that number's about 86 or 87.

I'm going to use big round target numbers to start — 95 and 90 — and potentially make minor adjustments as we go.

Here's a look at the record each team needs to attain that projected point mark and (essentially) guarantee a playoff berth (after Sunday's games):

Western Conference (95 points)

1. Detroit - 10-22-1
2. San Jose - 19-16-0
3. Dallas - 17-14-0
4. Anaheim - 17-13-1
5. Minnesota - 19-15-0
6. Colorado - 19-14-1
7. Calgary - 19-13-1
8. Vancouver - 20-13-0
9. Columbus - 21-13-1
10. Phoenix - 21-12-1
11. Nashville - 21-12-1
12. St. Louis - 22-13-1
13. Chicago - 22-11-1
14. Edmonton - 23-9-0
15. Los Angeles - 27-5-1

Eastern Conference (90 points)

1. Ottawa - 13-21-0
2. Philadelphia - 16-19-1
3. New Jersey - 16-18-1
4. Pittsburgh - 16-18-0
5. Montreal - 17-18-0
6. Boston - 18-16-1
7. N.Y. Islanders - 19-15-0
8. N.Y. Rangers - 20-13-0
9. Washington - 20-13-1
10. Carolina - 19-12-0
11. Buffalo - 22-13-0
12. Atlanta - 20-11-1
13. Toronto - 22-11-0
14. Florida - 22-11-0
15. Tampa Bay - 23-10-1

What is this?
It's the return of the playoff push. To the chagrin of hockey-stat junkies everywhere, consider this the most basic standings watch you'll see anywhere. (Here's what it looked like last season at the end of the year.)

It's all based on the premise that, if you get 90 to 95 points in the standings (depending on conference), you'll make the playoffs. There's a chance you can sneak in with less, especially in the Eastern Conference, but under the NHL's kooky everybody-gets-a-point system, this is pretty close to what teams need to get in.

Which means we can eliminate Los Angeles.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #330
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Daniel Alfredsson put up 7 friggin' points tonight. Three and four. On principle I root against all Canadian teams, but that is just silly.

That dude has been quietly getting it done for years.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #331
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Cote vs Laraque
Old 01-26-2008, 08:30 PM   #332
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Ummmmm well

just check it out for yourself..

http://scarlettice.blogspot.com/2008...d-help-us.html
Old 01-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #333
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

allstar game soon to be no more ?

we can only hope, what a waste of time, its a total floater game, the last time a check was thrown was in lindros's first all star game, and after he got in **** on the bench he never did it again. i say the sooner the better.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #334
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
allstar game soon to be no more ?

we can only hope, what a waste of time, its a total floater game, the last time a check was thrown was in lindros's first all star game, and after he got in **** on the bench he never did it again. i say the sooner the better.
Agreed. At first I was ripping the best goalie ever (Broduer) for skipping out on the all star game, but, I can't blame him. The goalies are made too look like fools in the all star game. If these guys were going full speed, i could deal with the lack of checking. I don't even think the players were skating at 50% speed all game. Unwatchable!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:41 AM   #335
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

just on the score, teemu is apparently back with the ducks, havent seen confirmation yet but, take it for what its worth
Old 01-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #336
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
just on the score, teemu is apparently back with the ducks, havent seen confirmation yet but, take it for what its worth

I really think what him and scott did was wrong as a team you wanna defend the title and repeat teemu and scott left the team hanging for half a season. I just thought it was kinda ***** up from a teammate standpoint.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #337
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Forsberg Sweepstakes underway

The Peter Forsberg Sweepstakes have begun in earnest.

Sources tell TSN that Forsberg's agent Don Baizley has been given the green light by his client to start the process of talking to NHL teams that may be interested in the talented but oft injured Swedish forward who is making one final attempt to overcome troublesome and chronic foot problems.

But it should be made clear that beginning the process of talking to NHL teams - which Baizley has reportedly done with a number of franchises - about a potential contract is not to be confused with a firm commitment from Forsberg that he's ready to return to the NHL.

If all continues to go well with Forsberg's training he's currently skating in practices only with MoDo of the Swedish Elite League he could provide that next level of commitment in the next week or so, although with Forsberg's history, there's no sense trying to predict that date.

All indications are that Forsberg is reacting positively to a surgical procedure done to his foot in December, which kept him off the ice entirely for a five week period. But he recently, in the last week or so, began skating again and, so far, it appears to be progressing on the right track.

Could he experience setbacks, as he has in the past? Certainly. And Forsberg has made it abundantly clear this is his last attempt at trying to resurrect his NHL career. So it would seem to be all or nothing this time around.

But if all continues to go as well as it has, sources suggest Forsberg will need to make that next level of commitment in the next week or two that he is going to try coming back with an NHL team. Many of the NHL clubs interested in Forsberg have expressed a desire to know well before (a week or two) the trade deadline of Feb. 26 whether he is coming back or if their team is seriously in the running, because many of the clubs will have to pursue other trade opportunities and will need some time to do that.

So the best guess, and it's only that for now, is that the Forsberg Sweepstakes could be wrapped up in the next two weeks, perhaps as early as the next week.

There is a deadline in the Swedish Elite League of midnight local time Thursday night to sign with an SEL team in order to play for the balance of the Swedish season, but by signing with a Swedish team, SEL rules would prohibit that player from playing in the NHL this season. So it's extremely doubtful, if not out of the question, Forsberg would sign with MoDo before the deadline.

In order to be eligible for the Stanley Cup playoffs, Forsberg would have to sign with an NHL team prior to the trade deadline of Feb. 26. Technically, he could sign after the trade deadline but would only be eligible to play regular season games and that certainly isn't his goal.

There is no shortage of teams that would have interest in Forsberg. Those who might like to take a run at him include: Anaheim, Calgary, Colorado, Detroit, New York Rangers, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Jose and Vancouver.

Forsberg might have a soft spot for Philadelphia and Colorado because he has played there before, but his best chance to win a Cup could be in places such as Detroit, Anaheim or Ottawa.

In any case, as long as Forsberg continues to progress on the skating front back home in Sweden, expect the Foppa Frenzy to increase dramatically in the days and week or two to come.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #338
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

My guess he ends up with the Avalanche. I would like to see Forsberg by March 1st....haha.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #339
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

I just don't like his reliability issues if it wasn't for that i would say grab him.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #340
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
I just don't like his reliability issues if it wasn't for that i would say grab him.

Translation: I know he is going to Philly so I want to have a fall back excuse when Peter ends up in picking the Flyers over the Lanche"

Only a fool wouldn't want Peter right now. I look at it this way, Foppa is better then anyone right now playing on a 3rd line in the NHL. The Flyers have a ton of young 2-way players. Send one down. They also have a few older players, waive one. It's not like you can't call that young player back up if Peter breaks down. There is absolutely NOTHING to lose buy signing Pete.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:36 PM   #341
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Translation: I know he is going to Philly so I want to have a fall back excuse when Peter ends up in picking the Flyers over the Lanche"

Only a fool wouldn't want Peter right now. I look at it this way, Foppa is better then anyone right now playing on a 3rd line in the NHL. The Flyers have a ton of young 2-way players. Send one down. They also have a few older players, waive one. It's not like you can't call that young player back up if Peter breaks down. There is absolutely NOTHING to lose buy signing Pete.
Throw a wad of money at forsberg for 3 week worth of hockey (go right ahead)

Translation: i don't want a proven fragile injury machine.

Last edited by Bronx33; 01-31-2008 at 10:11 PM..
Old 01-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #342
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
I really think what him and scott did was wrong as a team you wanna defend the title and repeat teemu and scott left the team hanging for half a season. I just thought it was kinda ***** up from a teammate standpoint.

yeah i agree, how would you like to be the guy that gets pushed out of the lineup now so he can play.

and about forsberg, i personally dont want him, we dont need him, we need defense. god we are # 1 on the powerplay, #2 in offense overall, but give up a million shots, he dosent address our needs.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:53 PM   #343
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Forsberg coming back to the NHL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3224645

Anybody know if the Avs have the cap room/desire to bring him back? I would love to see that.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #344
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Great write up on penalties

Way to long to post...

Penalties before and after the lockout
Old 02-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #345
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Ruutu's hit on Kovalchuk

Ruutu strikes again
Old 02-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #346
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

That's karma for Illya talking bad about Crosby.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #347
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

I see the Pens copying the Flyers...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #348
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
That's karma for Illya talking bad about Crosby.

Ya and hits on Roszival, Martin and Kubina but it seems ruutu is always behind some cheap/uncalled for/ borderline hit, i can't stand the guy.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #349
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Ya and hits on Roszival, Martin and Kubina but it seems ruutu is always behind some cheap/uncalled for/ borderline hit, i can't stand the guy.
Yeah i'm not a fan of Ruutu either - i just felt like chiding a few people here
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #350
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

i've been busy sending Floppa pics of Darren McCarty in hopes that he removes Detroit from his list of potential teams to sign with. Look for Blake and/or Sundin in Motown.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote