The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Default Rockies Early 2008 Outlook

I know its early to do this before Spring Training, but I'm anxious because I love baseball and feel this could be another exciting year for the Rockies.
Personally, I love the latest aquisition of Marcus Giles. IMO, he's gonna be at least backing up at 2B this year.
My projected lineup:
1. Willy Taveras, CF
2. Troy Tulowitzki, SS
3. Matt Holliday, LF
4. Todd Helton, 1B
5. Garrett Atkins, 3B
6. Brad Hawpe, RF
7. Marcus Giles, 2B
8. Yorvit Torrealba, C
9. Pitcher

Bench:
Chris Iannetta - C
Jeff Baker - 1B, 3B, OF
Ian Stewart - 3B
Clint Barmes - SS
Ryan Spilborghs - OF
Seth Smith - OF

Pitching Rotation:
1. Jeff Francis
2. Aaron Cook
3. Jason Hirsh
4. Franklin Morales
5. Ubaldo Jimenez

Bullpen:
Mark Redman
Matt Herges
Jose Capellan
Luis Vizcaino
Brian Fuentes
Manny Corpas

This could change, as Rockies may need another pitcher, but hopefully they can do it with this much. I like having the depth of the bench with the way this is set up, and the lineup is solid.
Pitching, relying on a lot of young guys IMO but I believe they have the talent. Morales and Jimenez can pitch amazingly well, and if they hold up, it will be a solid rotation.
Bullpen has loads of depth. We have guys that can be called up, Bucholz, Wells, Speier, etc. that can come in and pitch effectively. Redman gets an edge because I want 2 lefty's in the pen.

The NL West is going to be very tough this year. The DBacks lineup is kinda questionable and needs to improve dramatically from last year. Made some big changes and we'll see how that works for them. Dodgers will depend on how their young kids perform. Padres DEFINITELY need a boost in their lineup. And, of course, the Giants...
IMO, at this point in time, I'd rank the DBacks/Rockies competing for 1st, then the Dodgers and Padres, and last the Giants.

GO ROCKIES!!!
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links