The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #276
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
degree of hit is not an issue here, its not part of the recent crack down on head shots,

nhl rulebook says otherwise

CATEGORY III
Any Player who, by his actions, physically demeans an Official or physically threatens an Official by (but not limited to) throwing a stick or any other piece of equipment or object at or in the general direction of an Official, shooting the puck at or in the general direction of an Official, spitting at or in the general direction of an Official, or who deliberately applies physical force to an Official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an Official during or immediately following an altercation shall be suspended for not less than three (3) games.

thats exactly what happened, there was some pushing and shoving, sundin was trying to get away, and deserves 3 games for it.
I see a guy trying to go to his bench and he wasn't happy, has sundin ever done this before? does he has a history of this? and as for the (pushing and shoving?) how can it be both? and what exactly was sundin trying to escape? are you going to nit pick every play this year? if the league did this too every player in the league every player would be suspended at one time of the other. (not feasible)

Last edited by Bronx33; 01-15-2008 at 05:00 PM..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:04 AM   #277
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Philadelphia 5, Florida 3

Preview - Box Score - Recap - Highlights

January 16, 2008

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- A great start did wonders for the Philadelphia Flyers.

Daniel Briere scored twice and Kimmo Timonen had a goal and two assists for the Flyers, who had a four-goal opening period and held off the Florida Panthers 5-3 on Wednesday night.

"It's a good feeling to come out in the first period and really take it to them," Briere said after the Flyers jumped out to a 4-1 lead. "It's good for our confidence."

Simon Gagne and Scott Hartnell also scored for the Flyers, who have won two straight, and five of their last six, and denied Panthers coach Jacques Martin his 500th win.

Flyers coach John Stevens said "there is no question" that the quick start helped the Flyers.

"We created all kinds of scoring opportunities and the power play got going," Stevens said. "It (power plays) really seemed to give us energy and momentum and got the crowd behind us."

Two of the first three goals -- by Gagne and Briere -- came with the man advantage for the Flyers, who came in with the NHL's best power play at home (25-for-95, 26.3 percent). For the game, they were 2-for-7.

Martin, looking to become the 10th coach in NHL history to win 500 games, won No. 499 on Jan. 10 at Atlanta, but Florida has lost three straight since. Jay Bouwmeester, Rostislav Olesz, and Stephen Weiss had goals for the Panthers, who have dropped five of six.

Martin said penalties were the big difference.

"We were playing well early and they were not getting much," Martin said. "We had momentum and lost it because we lost 10 minutes of the game in penalties."

Philadelphia backup Antero Niittymaki, who hasn't lost in regulation in his last six starts (5-0-1), made 28 saves. His only loss during that span came against Boston, 4-3, in overtime last Saturday.

Timonen put the Flyers ahead at 2:46 of the first period, shoveling a shot from the left side over the shoulder of Tomas Vokoun, who started in goal for the 42nd time in Florida's 47 games.

Bouwmeester, left alone in front of the crease, tied it on a wrister at 9:10.

After Gagne made it 2-1 with a rebound on a power play at 12:14, the Flyers scored twice within a span of 1:21 to take a 4-1 lead.

Briere, who also had an empty-net goal, put a shot through a screen on another power play at 16:38. Hartnell scored at 17:59 when his shot from the right board deflected off a Florida defenseman and into the net.

The Panthers pulled to within 4-3 in the second period. Olesz scored unassisted on a backhander after Philadelphia's Derian Hatcher lost the puck deep in the Flyers' zone at 13:01. Weiss scored while falling in front of the net after taking a pass from Olli Jokinen at 18:28.

"We started off pretty good, but then we sat back in the second period," Timonen said. "We have to learn to keep it going and make the game 6-1 instead of 4-3. You need to bring your 'A' game every night if you want to make the playoffs."

Jokinen said teams must keep mistakes to a minimum when they play the Flyers.

"We gave up way too many odd-man rushes," Jokinen said. "Some of the penalties we'd like to have back, but overall it was a fair game, with some good clean hits."

Notes

Martin, the only person in the NHL serving as both coach and general manager, joined Florida as head coach in May, 2004 and has compiled a 92-90-29 regular season record with them. ... The Panthers are 9-4 in their last 13 road games. ... Philadelphia RW Mike Knuble played in his 700th NHL game. ... Philadelphia D Rory Fitzpatrick was placed on injured reserve with a sports hernia. ... Gagne has scored points in five straight games since returning after missing 26 games with a concussion.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #278
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

non flyer hit, no penalty

looks an awful lot worse the jones on bergeron, but morrow gets up, and the hitter was not a flyer so i doubt anything will be done.

was nice to see the D man come racing in and drop the gloves, next time maybe he should try throwing a punch too tho.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #279
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

well with gary buttman trying to figure out how to salvage the nhl allstar game now that cindy wont likely be in it i wonder if this weekends game against the sens gets overlooked ?

it will be the first time steve downie has takin to the ice against the sens after his crushing hit on headown mcammond, could be a good game.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:56 PM   #280
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
non flyer hit, no penalty

looks an awful lot worse the jones on bergeron, but morrow gets up, and the hitter was not a flyer so i doubt anything will be done.

was nice to see the D man come racing in and drop the gloves, next time maybe he should try throwing a punch too tho.
Straight up comical
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #281
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
well with gary buttman trying to figure out how to salvage the nhl allstar game now that cindy wont likely be in it i wonder if this weekends game against the sens gets overlooked ?

it will be the first time steve downie has takin to the ice against the sens after his crushing hit on headown mcammond, could be a good game.
Briere Should be Cindy's replacement. He was fourth in voting but didn't make it.

As far as Downie vs the Sens..... I have a link where Paddock says he wished all his players played exactly like Downie. Interestin. He's bad for the league according to some here and that jit-bag on TSN.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #282
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=227646&hubname=

Paddocks comments are in the last paragraph. If you choose to read the entire article, you'll have to weed throw alot of whining by Deanie pooh.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #283
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

yeah i agree about brierre, altho personally i still think hes almost as big a puss and cry baby as cindy.

and yeah i saw that article, its on the O&B messageboard, heres the quote

"He plays the game the way we want our players to play the game. He will be a presence in the game, I can just about guarantee it."

did you see what they had on hockeybuzz about downie ?

Have you noticed that-

•Steve Downie can play? John Stevens uses him in the last 2 minutes of Flyers one-goal-lead games which really has Downie-haters in straight-jackets. Guess when he represented Canada at the World Juniors, it wasn’t a fluke. Duh!!

its nice to see people are finally starting to realize this kid deserves to be in the league and isnt the useless goon that they played him out to be, altho i will still refer to him as Attila the hun just cuz it has a nice ring to it.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #284
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

What's the O&B board? Any addresses for good hockey boards? The only Flyer board I am on is the Flyers website board.

I knew Downie had talent. I've said it all along here. It's funny how people view him as a goon. He hasn't been in a fight since his suspension expired. Itg's not because he doesn't want to either. At the Boston game, I watched him trying to get Chara to drop the gloves. Chara didn't comply.
I am going to tomorrow nights game. Should be fun to see if Neil challanges him.

Can you make it down to Philly at all? I have 11 games left that I have tix to. If you can make it down, I'll treat you.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:58 PM   #285
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21
Old 01-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #286
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

http://www.orangeandblack.net/philly...isplay.php?f=7

thats the flyer board that i go to, as for making it down to philly, i will be some time this year i swear, ill be going with a buddy from work who is also a flyer fan, only flyer game hes ever seen was the playoff game in ottawa that we went to a few years ago, hes dying to go to philly. Probally just pick a saturday night game drive down saturday, go to the game, crash an then head home sunday, its a 7 hour drive an all so i wanna do it when i work afternoons so i get extra time to sleep.

ill keep you updated
Old 01-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #287
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
http://www.orangeandblack.net/philly...isplay.php?f=7

thats the flyer board that i go to, as for making it down to philly, i will be some time this year i swear, ill be going with a buddy from work who is also a flyer fan, only flyer game hes ever seen was the playoff game in ottawa that we went to a few years ago, hes dying to go to philly. Probally just pick a saturday night game drive down saturday, go to the game, crash an then head home sunday, its a 7 hour drive an all so i wanna do it when i work afternoons so i get extra time to sleep.

ill keep you updated
Thanks for the link bro. Interestingly enough, I have every Saturday game from now to the end of the season!

Downie with a Goal tonight
Old 01-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #288
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Hartnell with another Hat on the road. He has 4 points. Downie with a goal and Richie just scored on a 2 on 1. Flyers trailed 3-1 after 1 but hold a 5-3 lead with just over 5 minutes left in regulation.
I'd say the Hartnell, Richie, Downie line is going good!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #289
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Flyers win. They are now tied for the lead in the division. They have 2 games in hand on the Pens ans the Devils. Amazing when you think that they haven't been full strength for the entire season. Once Lup's gets back, this team will be a force.

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 01-19-2008 at 09:35 PM..
Old 01-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #290
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

A complete and utter ass kicking by the Flyers. I thought McGratton was a tough guy. Well he got completely embarrassed by Riley Cote. Cote absolutely destroyed him.
The Sens never had a chance as the Flyers opened up a 4-0 lead early in the 2nd and went on to win 6-1. Flyers continue to roll and are now tied with the Pens and Devils for the East lead. The Flyer play the Devils on Tuesday and the Pens on Thursday this week. The Flyers also have a game in hand on both teams.

GO FLYERS
Old 01-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #291
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

They are saying hatcher has magic teeth: lol

Since the alleged biting of travis zajacs finger in the last meeting between the devils and the flyers zajac has been on the best points streak of his career.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #292
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Sloooo moooo
Old 01-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #293
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Ouch!!!!!!!! Have I mentioned how much I hate the forking Devils. Forget about it. The Pansies will make us well on Thursday. Where's Cindy? We need a whipping girl!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #294
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Ouch!!!!!!!! Have I mentioned how much I hate the forking Devils. Forget about it. The Pansies will make us well on Thursday. Where's Cindy? We need a whipping girl!
The PK needs some work.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:00 PM   #295
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
The PK needs some work.

Tonight was a fluke. The PK is above average. The Devils were something like 1-30 in the previous 5 games against the Flyers. Chalk it up to one of those games and another loss to the 666's. Fock em all!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #296
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Tonight was a fluke. The PK is above average. The Devils were something like 1-30 in the previous 5 games against the Flyers. Chalk it up to one of those games and another loss to the 666's. Fock em all!

The PK just seems to allow too many shots the devils were shooting it from every possible angle and your boys were letting em.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:48 PM   #297
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

and that makes it 4 in a row

im still trying to figure out how briere got a goalie interference penalty but staal didnt.

but hey no point complaining we won the game despite the refs trying to give it to the cindy less pens.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:31 PM   #298
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

That 3rd goal was BS. First off, like you said, it was a blatant interference. 2nd, Staal knocked the net off before the puck went in. During live play it was impossible to see whether the net was off first becase I was at the game. However, they showed the reply 20 times on the big screen, slowing it down frame by frame and the net came off right before the puck crossed the line.
I still have no idea how it was not a goaltender interference.

As far as Briere.... he was stupid and deserved a penalty. There is no reason for him to skate through the crease in that situation. Stay out of the crease and you can't get a penalty there.

All in all it was a great night at the Big House! Fun times harassing Pen fans. Tied for first going into the all star break with a game in hand on everyone in the division.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:09 AM   #299
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
That 3rd goal was BS. First off, like you said, it was a blatant interference. 2nd, Staal knocked the net off before the puck went in. During live play it was impossible to see whether the net was off first becase I was at the game. However, they showed the reply 20 times on the big screen, slowing it down frame by frame and the net came off right before the puck crossed the line.
I still have no idea how it was not a goaltender interference.

As far as Briere.... he was stupid and deserved a penalty. There is no reason for him to skate through the crease in that situation. Stay out of the crease and you can't get a penalty there.

All in all it was a great night at the Big House! Fun times harassing Pen fans. Tied for first going into the all star break with a game in hand on everyone in the division.
i disagree on the briere thing, and frame by frame if stall wasnt in the net it was a goal, the net is allowd to be up it just cant have moved off the pegs, and you can clearly see the net is still on the pegs till after the puck, but like i said how that isnt a penalty is beyond me.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #300
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Clip

This should be a suspension IMO

Last edited by Bronx33; 01-25-2008 at 07:59 PM..