The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #226
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Don Cherry is funny. Watch this. In one breath he says "Kids don't ever do this" and in another, he says "Do it to a bigger player".

I'm wondering what Cherry's take on Tie Domi is. Bet he liked him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L_S-00EH8fo
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #227
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

he loved him
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #228
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
What's bush league? Like no one ever throws a punch when the linesmen arrive. Like boxing, protect yourselves at all times.

Hey Bronx.... You have such a hard on for the Flyers bro. Why don't you pull the clip where Braydon Coburn got boarded last night resulting in Coburns eyebrow exploding. No penalty at all. If it's a Flyer, it's 5 minute major, game misconduct and a suspension. NO DOUBT. Crawl under the same rock as Colin Campbell bro.
Hard on? iam sorry everytime some player does something stupid it always seems to be a flyers player (not my fault) downies free punch was bush league iam sorry, i didn't see the coburn hit (sorry) why don't you post it.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #229
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Hard on? iam sorry everytime some player does something stupid it always seems to be a flyers player (not my fault) downies free punch was bush league iam sorry, i didn't see the coburn hit (sorry) why don't you post it.
I don't need to post it. Your the king of "let's find the cheap shot clips and post em". Funny, the only one's you post are Flyers. Yep, never a cheap shot or illegal hit's in the league. Only Flyers players do it
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #230
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
I don't need to post it. Your the king of "let's find the cheap shot clips and post em". Funny, the only one's you post are Flyers. Yep, never a cheap shot or illegal hit's in the league. Only Flyers players do it

Well you are one of the few teams on this thread correct? i thought i would post stuff pertaining to our teams also i don't see the news outlets running stories about the other teams cheapsshot (the flyers have cornered the ******* market) if they did i would post em! now quit your crying about nothing dude all you flyers fans are on the defense understandably plus you got me all wrong but that don't stop you does it now knock off the baby shyt.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #231
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Oh alright, I'll post it. Interestingly enough, it's nowhere to be found on youtube. A fellow Flyer Fan fowarded this to me. The hit, which TSN skated right by, is 28 seconds into the video. The don't even show Coburn's eyebrow exploding. They just show him on the bench getting looked at. Again, the it is 28 sefconds into the main video. The first 15 seconds is of the Canadian Jr's.
I guess since Coburn didn't ACT like he was killed, he didn't get the penalty call. BS

http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?vid=25786
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #232
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Oh alright, I'll post it. Interestingly enough, it's nowhere to be found on youtube. A fellow Flyer Fan fowarded this to me. The hit, which TSN skated right by, is 28 seconds into the video. The don't even show Coburn's eyebrow exploding. They just show him on the bench getting looked at. Again, the it is 28 sefconds into the main video. The first 15 seconds is of the Canadian Jr's.
I guess since Coburn didn't ACT like he was killed, he didn't get the penalty call. BS

http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?vid=25786

I looked too i couldn't find it.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #233
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Well you are one of the few teams on this thread correct? i thought i would post stuff pertaining to our teams also i don't see the news outlets running stories about the other teams cheapsshot (the flyers have cornered the ******* market) if they did i would post em! now quit your crying about nothing dude all you flyers fans are on the defense understandably plus you got me all wrong but that don't stop you does it now knock off the baby shyt.

It really doesn't matter to me what you think. I was just telling you to stuff the BS up your arse. You, like Gary Bettman and Colin Campbell have giant hard-on's for the Flyers. You all are pathetic.
Waaaaaa, the Flyers hit to hard. Waaaaa, the Flyers take sucker punches. Waaaa Waaaa focking Waaaaa. P*ssies! All of you!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #234
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Let me clarrify something here. I don't mind the hit on Coburn. In fact, I like it. However, If you are gonna suspend 1 team repeatedly for the exact same hit, how the FOCK can you not even call a penalty for the exact same hit? That's the beef.
I'll wait for an answer but there is no way ANYONE in their right mind can justify it.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #235
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
It really doesn't matter to me what you think. I was just telling you to stuff the BS up your arse. You, like Gary Bettman and Colin Campbell have giant hard-on's for the Flyers. You all are pathetic.
Waaaaaa, the Flyers hit to hard. Waaaaa, the Flyers take sucker punches. Waaaa Waaaa focking Waaaaa. P*ssies! All of you!

Your no bigger hockey fan than iam so get off your broadstreet bully bull crap speech soapbox iam tired of side stepping shyt so you and chada don't throw fits. You two look like fools the way you look at the game and what you think your team should get away with even you goddamn GM lambasted downie. (there are unwritten rules sunshine) and your boys are testing everyone of them.

"He's part of a team now and needs to think in those terms and not selfishly. I'm upset. It was Jason Blake. Jason is not a fighter. You get a player in that position and I don't [think] Jason had his gloves off. I'm not happy about either. The fact that Steve put his team down is a different issue. That's a selfish thing. He'll get better."
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #236
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Your no bigger hockey fan than iam so get off your broadstreet bully bull crap speech soapbox iam tired of side stepping shyt so you and chada don't throw fits. You two look like fools the way you look at the game and what you think your team should get away with even you goddamn GM lambasted downie. (there are unwritten rules sunshine) and your boys are testing everyone of them.

"He's part of a team now and needs to think in those terms and not selfishly. I'm upset. It was Jason Blake. Jason is not a fighter. You get a player in that position and I don't [think] Jason had his gloves off. I'm not happy about either. The fact that Steve put his team down is a different issue. That's a selfish thing. He'll get better."
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren

When did I say I was a bigger hockey fan then you? When did I say that? Show me! Tell me! You can't because I never did.

Now, on to Downie..... I, just like most Flyer fans that I talk to agree that Downie is out of control at times. He needs to get his chit together and pick and choose when he losses his mind on the ice. I even posted something like that earlier. Did you read it or do you pick and choose which posts to read much like you pick and choose which illegal hits you post?

Im not gonna sit and defend Downie here. However, I've seen what Downie did a million times in my Hockey fan life. Does it make it right? No, but, it happens. Claude LaPewww, Tie Dummy, Matthew Barnafag, Darius Kasperdickhead, Nancy Tucker..... I could go on and on and on. They are all dirty but they all have a place in the league. If they didn't have a place they wouldn't have been or continue to play in the NHL.

No that that is over. I'm still waiting to hear how the same hit on Coburn, which lead to numerous suspensions, wasn't even called a penalty.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #237
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

for the love of god would you please stop calling it a sucker punch, it was a scrum, they were engaged in an altercation, it was a shot, maybe even a late shot, but it was not a sucker punch. Do you even know what a sucker punch is ?

this is a sucker punch

1:50 of this is pretty good too

you might recognize this one

do you understand yet

that last one is good, listen to them talking about how you have to expect something to be coming after you go to the net like that. Did you actually see what led to the downie blake thing ? the fact that blake crashed the net hard for what the third time with no penalty being called, not to mention that just 3 months ago he was calling for downie to be thrown out of the league.

there is a penalty for what happened, and it was givin, 2 minutes for roughing, nothing more. this crying for it to be reviewed was stupid. Aparently the nhl agrees as there was no further punishment so get over it.

I see pbn is getting to the point i was at 3 months ago, consistancy is the key, much like there was nothing wrong with jones hit on bergeron, there was nothing wrong with kubina on coburn, BUT if your going to suspend for one then you have to suspend for the other end of story.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #238
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
When did I say I was a bigger hockey fan then you? When did I say that? Show me! Tell me! You can't because I never did.

Now, on to Downie..... I, just like most Flyer fans that I talk to agree that Downie is out of control at times. He needs to get his chit together and pick and choose when he losses his mind on the ice. I even posted something like that earlier. Did you read it or do you pick and choose which posts to read much like you pick and choose which illegal hits you post?

Im not gonna sit and defend Downie here. However, I've seen what Downie did a million times in my Hockey fan life. Does it make it right? No, but, it happens. Claude LaPewww, Tie Dummy, Matthew Barnafag, Darius Kasperdickhead, Nancy Tucker..... I could go on and on and on. They are all dirty but they all have a place in the league. If they didn't have a place they wouldn't have been or continue to play in the NHL.

No that that is over. I'm still waiting to hear how the same hit on Coburn, which lead to numerous suspensions, wasn't even called a penalty.


It really doesn't matter to me what you think. I was just telling you to stuff the BS up your arse. You, like Gary Bettman and Colin Campbell have giant hard-on's for the Flyers. You all are pathetic.
Waaaaaa, the Flyers hit to hard. Waaaaa, the Flyers take sucker punches. Waaaa Waaaa focking Waaaaa. P*ssies! All of you!


You don't have to say it this entire statement reaks of iam better than you i read from every flyer fan on every site (it's a mind set) and a handy copy/paste response is see everywhere the fact that you all defended most of the hits this year saying the league are pu$$ies the other fans are pu$$ies is simply weak. You should read all the idiots defending downie of HF it's almost comical that most flyer fans are basically clueless as to what is right and wrong when it comes to legal and illegal and cheap and not cheap shots. I love big legal hits i love physical hockey just like any flyer fan but dammit you gotta keep it clean or somebody is going to end up in a wheel chair (that's why colin jumps) on the flyers so fast.


Then i simply post a clip and i get this:

What's bush league? Like no one ever throws a punch when the linesmen arrive. Like boxing, protect yourselves at all times

(It was bushleague) this is stuff you see in the bush leagues no if ands or buts.

then chada chips in with:

Quote:
as for bronx with his bush league comment, if he was talking about the ref hes right, if you cant completely tie up both guys stay the hell out so nobody ends up crying like blake did.


what the hell is this suppose to tell any other hockey fan? well it tells me chata really didn't care about blake getting cheapshotted in the first place but would be crying bloody murder if it happened to flyer player. Blake has plenty of room to complain (anybody would have) he just recieved a cheapshot which goes against the unwritten rule that when the ref comes in and ties you up (quit throwing punches) heck downie was even sitting on his a** the fight was clearly over and on top of that blake still had his gloves on.

And then this:

Quote:
and just like i make the hit he made on mcammond in preseason, i take that shot at blake too,every friggin time. I like this downie kid, its alot easier to teach psychos control then it is to teach pussies to be aggressive
Are you catching my drift here on the flyer fan mentality that may run folks the wrong way? stuff like this is simple clueless and narrow minded i read stuff like this on every flyer site.


As far as don cherries comments i really don't like the dude but everything he said was right (everything) and you made fun of that like he was wrong or something. Now this is just a sample of what we have to read and deal with here and on top of that grilled when we don't agree with that mindset. Heck i even got shyt for posting an artical about sid and his fight being told i need to quit (advertising) what ever the **** that meant. I post info pertaining to the few teams we have on this site iam not picking on anybody the flyers just seem to be in the news every freaking week is that my fault? and yes i have an opinion once in awhile (deal with it)


peace

Last edited by Bronx33; 01-08-2008 at 03:06 PM..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #239
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

ya know, im not even gonna repsond, until you can figure out how to type my name right.

back to talk about real hockey

rumor is that gagne will be back on thursday, good thing to with lupul being out 2 weeks (at least)
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #240
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
ya know, im not even gonna repsond, until you can figure out how to type my name right.

back to talk about real hockey

rumor is that gagne will be back on thursday, good thing to with lupul being out 2 weeks (at least)

Ohhh the irony..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #241
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Bronx..... You just don't see the point. Fine, Downie's "rabbit punch" was dirty. I agree. I have a question pertaining to Don Cherry since you defend his comments. How can he say "it was one of the dirtiest things he's ever seen" when he loved Tie Domi. Remember what Domi did to Ulf about 10 years ago? The total sucker punch while his gloves were on and Ulf wasn't looking? That was (save for McSorely on Brashear), the dirtiest thing I've seen. Also, how can Don Cherry say "Kids, NEVER EVER EVER EVER do that" (What downie did) and then at the end of his thought say "There are certain guys in the league you can do that to but not Blake"? What the hell is that? Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth!
Now, you defended Cherry on "EVERYTHING". How can you defend what I just addressed?

Also, stop taking chit so personal. I have no idea how you turned my quote into meaning "I know more about hockey". Colin Campbell has a hard on for the Flyers because, whether you know it or not, Colin coached the Rangers for a few years. The Flyers/Rangers have one of the best rivalries in all of sports. Campbell hated the Flyers then and he carried that with him to his new Position (No, not bent over Bettman's desk, his other NHL position)).
I have no idea how much Hockey you know or don't know. I really don't care.

Now, to the point that I have been trying to make and I still haven't gotten an answer to from you. How was the hit on Colburn not a penalty when 2 Flyers had similar hits this season and gotten suspended for? That's all I want to know. Can you give me an answer? If this were the Av's, would you share my same point of view?
Flyers fans just want consistency. that's all. Most are okay with the suspensions. Like I said all along, I welcome them. That said, it's total BS that what's called for one team is not called for the entire league. Think about it.

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 01-08-2008 at 08:04 PM..
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #242
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Out for the Flyers tonight @ Atlanta....
Gagne, Lupol, Jason Smith, and Scottie Upshall. WOW!

It's gonna be tough to get a W tonight. Nitty gets his second straight start between the pipes tonight. Go Antero!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #243
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Out for the Flyers tonight @ Atlanta....
Gagne, Lupol, Jason Smith, and Scottie Upshall. WOW!

It's gonna be tough to get a W tonight. Nitty gets his second straight start between the pipes tonight. Go Antero!
and yet after falling behind 1-0 in the first, the dirtiest player ever to play the game of hockey aka steve downie scores to tie it up, then jeff carter scores 2 goals in 13 seconds, and then hartnell scores a shorthanded goal with .9 seconds left in the period, were up 4-1 at teh end of 2
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #244
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Game update.....

Through 2 periods, Your Philadelphia Flyers lead the Ilya Thrashers 4-1.

Goals by Mr Lady Byng Steve Downie, Jeff Carter 2, and Scott Hartnell. Hartnell's goal came shorthanded with less then 1 second left in the second period. Nitty with another stellar performance 1-19. Look out Marty!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #245
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
and yet after falling behind 1-0 in the first, the dirtiest player ever to play the game of hockey aka steve downie scores to tie it up, then jeff carter scores 2 goals in 13 seconds, and then hartnell scores a shorthanded goal with .9 seconds left in the period, were up 4-1 at teh end of 2
Wow, nice timing bro. I started to read your post thinking it was mine. I was like... "I didn't type that". It turns out that I didn't.

What do you think Chad? Nitty gonna steal Marty's job?
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #246
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

im all in favor of playing the hot hand, let them battel it out, i like the idea of going into the playoffs with 2 goalies that each played 40 and hope one of them is hot, knowing we can put the other guy in if need be, like the ducks of last year, or the hurricanes the year before, thats a better option then letting biron play 70 and be totally beat, and not letting nitty have any time and tossing him in when he needs to play, well see who plays thursday
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #247
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

I don't care what the people in Atlanta say. My 3 stars are:

1-Jeff Carter (2 G)
2-Scott Hartnell (1 G 2A)
3-Nitty (27 saves)

Hmmmm, Nitty has given up only 3 goals in his last 3 starts on 124 shots on goal. Ohhhhhh MARTY!!!!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #248
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
im all in favor of playing the hot hand, let them battel it out, i like the idea of going into the playoffs with 2 goalies that each played 40 and hope one of them is hot, knowing we can put the other guy in if need be, like the ducks of last year, or the hurricanes the year before, thats a better option then letting biron play 70 and be totally beat, and not letting nitty have any time and tossing him in when he needs to play, well see who plays thursday

I really beleive the Flyers burned Marty out a bit early this season. he was playing way too much. This aint Marty Brodeur. Only Brodeur can go 80 games without missing a beat. I always said that Brodeur is the best goalie I've ever seen (sorry Av fans) and that's just a small reason why.

Anyway, Nitty needs time in net. He looked terrible earlier because he never got any PT. I agree with you. I don't mind seeing a 1a and 1a goaltending situation as oppossed to a clear cut 1 and 2. Both Marty and Nitty are pretty close in talent. Marty is bigger but Nitty is more athletic. Who knows. That's why they play a whole season. May the best man win. I like both so I am not cheering for either or. i just want the Goalie that gives us the best chance, whoever that may be.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #249
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

hey pbn check this out

clarke loved the downie punch

its about time somebody in the organization stood up and said good for you guys, keep playing that way, i cant wait for off the record today now.

video will be up on the tsn site after 6pm eastern
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #250
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Clarke is an idiot nice job to condone classless cheap shots lets just see what happens when downie decides to fight somebody that is looking at him or not facing the other way. (I guess downies class even gets shared with his own 16 year old teamates) hes just begging for a world class a**beating and iam sure he will get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMDWuepG7Y
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Denver Broncos