The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #451
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Crosby has his first fight tonight vs the bruins and did pretty good...
Who did she fight? The Bruins trainers wife?
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:46 PM   #452
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Ference
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:59 PM   #453
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Wow, quite the b!tch slap fest.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:18 AM   #454
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

yeah a gordie howe special is a ****ty night
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:40 AM   #455
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

poor cindy cant win, he dosent fight we call him a sissy, he does fight he proves us right.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #456
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Oooooooooo k guys he did pretty good if you ask me.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #457
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Oooooooooo k guys he did pretty good if you ask me.
Yeah cause whenever a hockey fan thinks "great fighter", Ference pops to everyone's mind. I've seen better scraps during the "mites on ice" between periods.

When is that b!tch gonna drop the gloves with Mike Richards?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #458
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
i would think next game, now that his first one is out of the way, he can be considered a fighter, and no longer untouchable.

altho when he turtles richards will stop beating on him.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #459
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Yeah cause whenever a hockey fan thinks "great fighter", Ference pops to everyone's mind. I've seen better scraps during the "mites on ice" between periods.

I don't think running around fighting guys proves a ****** thing to tell ya the truth sid is paided to score goals not sit in the penalty box (that's just common sense) the kid doesn't have anything to prove to philly fan.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #460
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Yeah, it's not like Sid will be a fighter like gary roberts
Old 12-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #461
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
Yeah, it's not like Sid will be a fighter like gary roberts
Yeah, he did beat the crap of of that dude that plays for the Blackhawks. What was his name?
Old 12-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #462
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
I don't think running around fighting guys proves a ****** thing to tell ya the truth sid is paided to score goals not sit in the penalty box (that's just common sense) the kid doesn't have anything to prove to philly fan.
Then stop advertising his fight.

Here's the deal... when it was Mario and Gretzky, no one care if they dropped the gloves because there was the utmost respect for those 2 by all players and vice versa. Cindy runs around disrespecting the game and the players that play the game. When you do that, you are expected to be able to back up your ignorance by dropping your gloves. If you don't, you are simply viewed as a b!tch ass sissy punk by the fans and players.
I am only 1 Flyer fan amongst a ton of east coast fans who feel the same way. Ranger fans, Isles fans, Bruin fans, Buffalo fans, etc. He is laughed at by fans for the coward he truly is.
It really is a shame because he is a terrific player. All that is lost by the gutless way he plays.
That's just the way it is, whether the Pens fans buy it or not, it doesn't really matter. It is what it is.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #463
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Then stop advertising his fight.

Here's the deal... when it was Mario and Gretzky, no one care if they dropped the gloves because there was the utmost respect for those 2 by all players and vice versa. Cindy runs around disrespecting the game and the players that play the game. When you do that, you are expected to be able to back up your ignorance by dropping your gloves. If you don't, you are simply viewed as a b!tch ass sissy punk by the fans and players.
I am only 1 Flyer fan amongst a ton of east coast fans who feel the same way. Ranger fans, Isles fans, Bruin fans, Buffalo fans, etc. He is laughed at by fans for the coward he truly is.
It really is a shame because he is a terrific player. All that is lost by the gutless way he plays.
That's just the way it is, whether the Pens fans buy it or not, it doesn't really matter. It is what it is.

Huh? advertising? what on gods green earth are you talking about as for the rest of you post (WTF?) it's clear you don't like sid (that's great)
Old 12-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #464
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
just what does being paided involve ?
Old 12-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #465
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
just what does being paided involve ?

your clueless chada..
Old 12-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #466
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Trouble in P town?

lINK

The fall out of favor of Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik, scratched from the last two games, is merely symbolic of the dysfunction striking the Penguins.

A notable number of players in the room harbor bitter feelings toward head coach Michel Therrien and assistant Andre Savard. There is resentment, we're told, over the manner in which veteran Mark Recchi was waived. Ruutuu and Gary Roberts have asked for trades.

Orpik, 27, is on the final year of a contract under which he's earning $1,037,500. At 6-2, 220 and with a mean streak, he's going to be among the most widely sought-after free agents of the summer.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:06 PM   #467
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
your clueless chada..
this coming from the guy who wants to get paided instead of just being paid
Old 12-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #468
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

spelling smack i guess this conversations over.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:47 PM   #469
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I read a few days ago that the Pens have inquired about Atlanta Thrashers winger (and soon to be UFA) Marian Hossa. It would take alot to get him, and he'll have to be extended at a very high price, which might upset the apple cart in terms of the future, but it seems that the future costs associated with keeping Jordan Staal will not be anywhere near as high as once expected. If we could pry Hossa from Atlanta, and pair him with Crosby, that would be deadly. I know Sid is already really upset seeing Malone (before he got hurt) and Army ruining scoring chance after scoring chance that he creates and now he's just trying to do it all himself behind the net the last few games. Get him some star power for once....whenever they put Malkin and Crosby together they rape, but the rest of the lines can't do anything, Malkin's got to have his own line with Sykora...and Sid has to have a big time heavy hitter on his line...I mean for Pete's sake....Lacavalier has St. Louis and he's only up by a few points on Sid right now in the scoring race...Thornton has Cheechoo...Sid has no one when he is paired with losers as he usually is....get him Marian Hossa. If you need to give up that soft p***Y Whitney and maybe a couple pieces here and there to do so, then do it, we already have another young D-man just like him in Letang that can score. We have way too many offensive defenseman as it is, losing one isnt going to end the world.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #470
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I read a few days ago that the Pens have inquired about Atlanta Thrashers winger (and soon to be UFA) Marian Hossa. It would take alot to get him, and he'll have to be extended at a very high price, which might upset the apple cart in terms of the future, but it seems that the future costs associated with keeping Jordan Staal will not be anywhere near as high as once expected. If we could pry Hossa from Atlanta, and pair him with Crosby, that would be deadly. I know Sid is already really upset seeing Malone (before he got hurt) and Army ruining scoring chance after scoring chance that he creates and now he's just trying to do it all himself behind the net the last few games. Get him some star power for once....whenever they put Malkin and Crosby together they rape, but the rest of the lines can't do anything, Malkin's got to have his own line with Sykora...and Sid has to have a big time heavy hitter on his line...I mean for Pete's sake....Lacavalier has St. Louis and he's only up by a few points on Sid right now in the scoring race...Thornton has Cheechoo...Sid has no one when he is paired with losers as he usually is....get him Marian Hossa. If you need to give up that soft p***Y Whitney and maybe a couple pieces here and there to do so, then do it, we already have another young D-man just like him in Letang that can score. We have way too many offensive defenseman as it is, losing one isnt going to end the world.
I hear where you are coming from SoCal but you have to ask yourself "How long far can we go with this defense"?

From what I have seen from the Pens this season, their D is below average. I'd imagine you might have to give up a pretty good D-Man along with a handful of young talent and or draft picks. If you had a dominate Goalie, you could gamble but we both know your goalies are average at best.
Having one dominate line can only get you so far if you have a good to great D. The Flyers made it to the finals with one of the most dominate lines in recent NHL history (LeClair/Lindros/Renberg). They had a very good D though. However, they got exposed when they ran into teams with a great defensive center/line.
Don't get me wrong. Hossa is extremely attractive. So attractive that fans are blind to what could happen to their future when they only focus on the thought of acquiring Hossa. I'd love the Flyers to make a run at Hossa as well but I'm afraid that they would sacrifice the future (next 2-8 years) to get him.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:10 PM   #471
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I'd rather just take this season and see what's avail in F/A -

I think therrian needs to go IMO
Old 12-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #472
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I hear where you are coming from SoCal but you have to ask yourself "How long far can we go with this defense"?

From what I have seen from the Pens this season, their D is below average. .
Our D just got substantially worse. Our best defensive defenseman, Mark Eaton, has a torn ACL.

Crap.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #473
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Our D just got substantially worse. Our best defensive defenseman, Mark Eaton, has a torn ACL.

Crap.
I remember when Mark Eaton was our prize chip a while back.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #474
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07362/845008-61.stm

Penguins Notebook: Fleury skates for first time since injury
Friday, December 28, 2007
By Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury went on the ice in shorts before the team's morning skate yesterday.

It was the first time he skated since he got a high ankle sprain Dec. 6. He moved around the ice, shot pucks at the net and didn't want to come off when trainer Chris Stewart summoned him at the end of his 20 minutes.

"It's been so long since I've skated," Fleury said.

He said the injury is slowly improving, but he has not been given an idea of when he might be able to resume full practices, much less play. According to the original estimate, he could be out another four to six weeks.

"There's not really one date," said Fleury, who has been frustrated by the time off.

"Right now, it's already past my schedule."

Center Maxime Talbot, who also has a high ankle sprain, joined Fleury on the ice before the morning skate.

Malone's return near
Winger Ryan Malone, who resumed practicing with the Penguins Wednesday after missing four games because of a leg infection, took part in the morning skate but did not play last night against Washington at Mellon Arena. He said he was hopeful of getting medical clearance to play tomorrow night at home against Buffalo.

Coach Michel Therrien said at this point it's more about Malone being in game shape.

"We have to be cautious with conditioning," Therrien said.

Boudreau savors memories
On Thanksgiving, the Capitals promoted Bruce Boudreau from their Hershey minor-league club to interim coach. Wednesday, they made the move permanent.

It has been a long path to NHL coach for Boudreau, 51.

He played 141 NHL games over eight seasons, but had a long and productive minor-league playing career, followed by a successful 15-year run as a minor-league coach.

One stop as a player was with the Baltimore Skipjacks when they were a Penguins minor-league team.

"Bob Errey was my left winger. Phil Bourque was a mainstay of the blue line," Boudreau said of two players who went on to be part of the Penguins' two Stanley Cup teams and now are team broadcasters.

Boudreau joined the Skipjacks in February, 1985, two games into a 16-0 streak. The team finished strong and was 8-1 in the playoffs before it ran into Sherbrooke, a Montreal affiliate that had future Hall of Fame goaltender Patrick Roy and sniper Stephane Richer -- and Therrien.

"We were really confident as a team, and then we lost the first two games at home [to Sherbrooke] and we thought, holy smokes," Boudreau said. Sherbrooke prevailed in that final series, four games to two.

"If it wasn't for Patrick Roy and Stephane Richer coming out of junior to play for Sherbrooke, we would have won the Calder Cup," Boudreau said.

Slap shots
With Rob Scuderi joining Sergei Gonchar, the other Penguins defensive pairings with Mark Eaton (knee) out were Darryl Sydor-Ryan Whitney and Brooks Orpik-Kris Letang. "Orpik and Letang have played together before," Therrien said. "We need guys to play on the right side, and Whitney is capable of playing on the right side, and Darryl has really upgraded his game in the last three weeks or so." ... Boudreau, before the game, on the prospect of coaching against Crosby: "Jokingly, I would say, get me an autograph." ... The Penguins had no healthy scratches.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:15 PM   #475
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

2 things of note, gary roberts is out with a broken leg, an he didnt even get carted off, he denied the stretcher ride and made it off under his own power. I only hope this isnt the end of the line for gary, hes the type of player the league needs more of and he would be welcome on my team anyday, get well soon gary.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

and they are gonna be switching ends halfway threw the third period at the winter classic so that both teams have equal time with the sun in there eyes and wind at there backs.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid...e&service=page