The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #126
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Obviously every retard with B*nds dick in their mouth was going to play the everybody was doing it card.

80 names on this list.

750 major leaguers at any given time.

That would come out to less than 11% of the players.

But, you can see the names of several retired players on that list, which means the player pool expands dramatically. If we're talking twice as many players, now you're down to about 5%, which is slightly more than one player per team.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #127
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

It's about gotdang time MLB came out with the TRUTH! I've been furious about the denials and smirks and flat-out lying since 1986. This is a START at the real truth. There will be more truth to come. Now it's time to start on the path to justice, i.e., removing some records and awards from the books.

Cheaters should never prosper.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #128
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelvin View Post
Noone said Bonds was right. I have NEVER denied the fact that he was a likely juicer. But it is the witch hunt that has gone on the last few years where people crucified him as if he was the ONLY ONE is where the true injustice is.

Bonds has never tested positive, but we know he's guilty. Bonds put up monster numbers at the twilight of his career. Bonds is regarded as one of the best ever.

And how exactly does this differ from Roger Clemens? And how much flack has Clemens received relative to Bonds?

Witch Hunt.
Hey dumb****. McGwire got 23% of the Hall vote and Palmeiro is a pariah/laughing stock.

Obviously, they were only out to get your hero.

Stupid mother****er.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #129
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
It's about gotdang time MLB came out with the TRUTH! I've been furious about the denials and smirks and flat-out lying since 1986. This is a START at the real truth. There will be more truth to come. Now it's time to start on the path to justice, i.e., removing some records and awards from the books.

Cheaters should never prosper.
At least MLB is trying to do something. In the NFL, you can get all juiced up and still garner lots of support for Defensive Player of the Year. Talk about a fraudulent sport.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #130
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Obviously every retard with B*nds dick in their mouth was going to play the everybody was doing it card.

80 names on this list.

But, you can see the names of several retired players on that list, which means the player pool expands dramatically. If we're talking twice as many players, now you're down to about 5%, which is slightly more than one player per team.
I guess what you're saying is the huge majority of MLB players are clean and have been clean. I think this is true. This why I certainly want to see the cheaters erased from the record books, so the legitimate award-winners get the recognition they deserve.

Look at the number of players on that list that have won awards by cheating, that have team records by cheating. F them, remove them from the record books.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:41 PM   #131
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Who cares about these fools as baseball has been dead in my opinion since the strike year.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:41 AM   #132
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

I didn't see Tony Gwynn's name on this list. What a bunch of bull-**** that is. No one...including Bonds put on more weight at the end of his career than T-Gwynn.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:42 AM   #133
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Um apparently a lot of us still care considering this is a 6 page long, 132 post thread.
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:42 AM   #134
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
I didn't see Tony Gwynn's name on this list. What a bunch of bull-**** that is. No one...including Bonds put on more weight at the end of his career than T-Gwynn.
pssst, wrong kind of weight!

To Tony Gwynn, HGH meant Honey Glazed Ham!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #135
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
He not a employee of the Red Sox, he is in the ownership group that has stake in the team. He has hold less then 5% of ownership.
It's still a conflict of interest. He owns stake in the Boston Red Soxs. There really isn't anyway around that.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:52 PM   #136
Smelvin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post

80 names on this list.

If you *really* think that this report captures every juicer in the game then you are dumber than I thought.

This report represents a fraction of the abusers. A fraction! The only sources Mitchell had were BALCO, the Mets batboy (Radomski) and the other trainer (McNamee).

Without Radomski this report is 12 pages long. I know you have a hard-on for Bonds, and probably rightfully so since he's such an a-hole, but to single him out for steroid use is laughable. Get real. How many guys got their juice from a source that Mitchell didn't talk to? TONS and TONS and TONS! These were just the guys that got caught. There's a BALCO in every city, a Radomski on every team.

It just so happened that BALCO didn't pay their taxes and got busted for tax evasion and money laundering. All the juice then leaked out.

This report is an absolute joke. It's great that some players were outed...but it's selective prosecution. There are umpteen juicers that were not mentioned...and to be brutally honest, MLB, the owners and players association have no real objective of cleaning up the game.

Bonds is guilty as sin for being unique in that he's the biggest a-hole known to mankind. But as a juicer.....he's just one of the guys. Guys that were outed, and guys that were not outed. Unfortunately for him...he's much better than any of them.

Last edited by Smelvin; 12-14-2007 at 04:56 PM..
Smelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #137
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
It's still a conflict of interest. He owns stake in the Boston Red Soxs. There really isn't anyway around that.
Mitchell was the owners representative for the owner's report. He had a retired judge as co lead who had no fiscal ties to MLB also to ensure the integrity of the process. Beside the fact that only reason Mitchell was picked by the owners for their report was because his repetition of being fair and honest.

A conflict of interest would only occur if Mitchell had direct interaction and oversight of the team. Trust me I send a lot of team lawyers and other folks that need to ensure they don't get into COI issues.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #138
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

People can still point a finger and call it a COI
Old 12-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #139
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
People can still point a finger and call it a COI
People can also believe the Brodie Croyle is better then Cutler, doesn't mean that they are right.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #140
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
People can also believe the Brodie Croyle is better then Cutler, doesn't mean that they are right.
Apparently...what's perceived is real.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #141
broncsyanks
Broncos kick a$$!!!

Quote:
Mitchell was the owners representative for the owner's report. He had a retired judge as co lead who had no fiscal ties to MLB also to ensure the integrity of the process. Beside the fact that only reason Mitchell was picked by the owners for their report was because his repetition of being fair and honest.

A conflict of interest would only occur if Mitchell had direct interaction and oversight of the team. Trust me I send a lot of team lawyers and other folks that need to ensure they don't get into COI issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>

i have read this report from cover to cover. this report has as much validity as the warren commisions report on the kennedy assasination. there was only 1 gunmen.
1st-- mitchell. unbiased? dont think so. he is on the board of directors of a rival team that seemed to be the brunt of the whole investigation. whether he had people who werent affiliated with baseball it really doesnt matter because ultimately he over saw everything and determined what goes in the report.
2- mitchell is affiliated with baseball. so his credibilty is compromised.
3- no subpena power nulifies and makes the report not that credible.
4- there whole investigation stemmed around people who were going to jail and needed to save there arses. again i seriously question there truthfullness because of it. why should anyone believe them over people who were in the game and have had no ill contact with the law
5- sammy sosa and mcguires names were not in the report
6- i can easily speculat more that i have no proof otherwise. see brady andersons 50 homerun season
7- shoeless joe jackson- with the black sox scandel judge landis told the owners that he needed absolut power or else no one would believe it. that there was a credibility issue.
8- he was right who really believes that major league baseball has addressed the issue with this report.
9- never anywhere in the report does it mention that they questioned owners and gms respectably. you mean to tell me none of them knew? did major league baseball owners tell each other and there respective reps. to not discuss it with the mitchell investigation>? cause that doesnt happen. yeah right! and why was the players the ones with all the names being mentioned and not them. there is a lot of evidence that points to the gm towers in san diego who knows.
10- no where in the report does it give any onus to baseball for taking responsibilty.
11- jose canseco-- you know the guy who blew the lid and everyone insisted was lying only to be proven that it wasnt him who was lieing. lol
he has gone on the record and say what about arod? if that is the case has the mitchell investigation lied to supress a possible successor to the home run record and put the steroid era behind baseball. he wasnt mentioned
12- a while back a duely noted boston red sox player was caught with roids in his car and was never mentioned in the report.
13- the amount of players on his own team not here makes me question it more. why wasnt there more?
14- there whole basis of a report was only because of 2 new york trainers or bat boy respectably. and balco was located in california. yeah right!

overall these are some points i wanted to just throw out there.

IMHO i believe that roids/HGH is rampant in baseball. i see this report as a coverup so that MLB can get congress off of there backs. and they used a congressman to help. notice the $60 mil price tag. the only thing selig could do is use the best interest of baseball clause to enforce any punishment, somehting he has been reluctant to do. i also have to laugh at everyone who is like OH MY GOD HE DID ROIDS. LMAO@ them. becasue i cannot see anyone not saying they didnt enjoy the roid era. i did. i cant look back now and feel like a hypocrit. who didnt enjoy the sosa mcguire thing?> now after the fact we learn they did somthings they shouldnt have, is it going to taint our joy of that time we all watched it? No. look for the press to keep this going because they are the ones with a lot of egg on there faces.
broncsyanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:00 AM   #142
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

does anyone out there thinks that CLemens sounds more guilty by taping that phone call with his former trainer? Not once did he tell him that the trainer lied or that CLemens didnt use steroids/HGH. I think it sounded like Clemens wanted him to lie or why he didnt cover up for him. Not one time did Brian say he lied. Bonds and Clemens. Together forever.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote