The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #26
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelvin View Post
The Mitchell Report as seen by 90% of the posters on the Mane.......

Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #27
Stormontheplains
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andre Hall

Bret Boone-- Went from 160lbs to 220, are we sure he took them?
Stormontheplains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:16 PM   #28
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelvin View Post
Noone said Bonds was right. I have NEVER denied the fact that he was a likely juicer. But it is the witch hunt that has gone on the last few years where people crucified him as if he was the ONLY ONE is where the true injustice is.

Bonds has never tested positive, but we know he's guilty. Bonds put up monster numbers at the twilight of his career. Bonds is regarded as one of the best ever.

And how exactly does this differ from Roger Clemens? And how much flack has Clemens received relative to Bonds?

Witch Hunt.
Hang them all, as far as I am concerned. But Bonds was a complete Arse. The others were partial arses........ I never liked Clemons, either...
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #29
Stormontheplains
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andre Hall

Before you go feeling sorry for Barry let's look at the past home run leaders and their issues. Roger Maris-- people wanted to kill him, Hank Arron-- People wanted to kill him, Sammy and Mark-- Roids and homers helped the game out, got a pass, Barry Bonds-- Press doesn't like him, people give him **** for using roids. After the trials that Maris and hank went through do you still feel sorry for Barry?? can you even compare them
Old 12-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #30
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

Must suck to be Ozzie Canseco. Your career sucked and your ballsack is smaller than it used to be. Was it worth it Ozzie?

Plus your brother is a douchebag and not giving you any book proceeds.
B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #31
B-Love
Ring of Famer

"Maurice" Vaughn.

LMAO!! Ole Mo is hoping he doesn't get noticed.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #32
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

I for 1 am SHOCKED to see Albert Belle on that list

lol
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #33
ward63
Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zac Dysert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The following names are expected to be named in the report, according to WNBC:

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenn y Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Sc hoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez, Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood.
The fact that a lot of guys on this list have admitted or tested positive like Caminiti, Conseco, Jeremy Giambi, Neifi Perez, Guillen and Gibbons makes me not to really want to believe this. Some of the guys have been suspected, so they were probly just put on there. Also a couple of them are dead, I don't know bout that. I watched Sportscenter last night and the baseball analysts were talking about this is just going to be a media thing and nothing will really happen to the players.
ward63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:02 PM   #34
B-Love
Ring of Famer

This thing is sooooo widespread that there is no way to identify such a thing as a ground zero franchise for this stuff.

But I have always enjoyed trips to Camden Yards as it was such a refreshing change from the frenetic pace of Yankee Stadium and Fenway. When you visit Camden Yards you can't help but get this wholesome baseball feel. It's such a great environment. So I am disappointed to see so many Orioles involved, as they were the most obvious offenders, even prior to the release of the Mitchell report.

Everyone knew that Brady Anderson was using something years ago. But since then, Tejada, Jay Gibbons, Palmeiro, Jason Grimsley and David Segui, have all been rumored or outed. And now Brian Roberts and Jerry Hairston are on the leaked list. Machado had a cup of tea with the Orioles too.

And of course that douche Albert Belle finished with the O's.

The 2000-2004 Orioles look riddled with roids, which is funny cause they have sucked.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #35
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

@Baseball.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #36
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Hook'em Horns

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

A-Rod is my new favorite player!
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #37
ward63
Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zac Dysert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBronco View Post
No thanks...Luckily there's no Braves, well current at least.
ward63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #38
PatsWin2002
Giggity

Players that are/were in Boston I can comment on:

Nomar - most of us thought he was on it after he did that SI cover and he was "blocky" rather than the wiry spring we thought he was.

Damon - I am surprised. I'm wondering if it was just in NY since there was much more there.

Trot Nixon - Bummer, but I can see it being true.

Varitek - the big Red Sox name on there. I could understand this, but not for hitting better......totally for recovery for a catcher in his 30's that plays every day.

Rich Garces - WTF? I think they confused steroids with donuts during the investigation.

Does anyone know if this list is specifically for steroids? Or is it HGH and steroids?
PatsWin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #39
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Yeaaaa no Adrian Beltre! Bret Boone was a no-brainer...his forearmrs were as big as my legs.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #40
PatsWin2002
Giggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBronco View Post
Rather than Bonds.....A-Rod is probably the real winner in all of this.

Also glad Manny and Ortiz are not on there....they get to be on the good list with A-Rod.
PatsWin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #41
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The following names are expected to be named in the report, according to WNBC:

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenn y Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Sc hoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez, Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood.
What

Professional Athletes use steroids.... Say it aint so
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #42
Stormontheplains
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andre Hall

reported from si.com

Former American League MVP Miguel Tejada is mentioned in the Mitchell Report, due to be released by 2 p.m. on Thursday afternoon, SI.com has learned.
Seven-time Cy Young winner Roger Clemens, plus Andy Pettitte, who just re-signed with the Yankees, are in the steroids reports, SI.com has confirmed, as are ex-Yankees Mike Stanton, Chuck Knoblauch and Jason Grimsley.
Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts also is in the report, as is Yankees and Braves postseason hero David Justice.
Tejada spent the past four seasons with the Orioles and was acquired in trade by the Astros this week for five players.
ESPN.com first reported Clemens and Pettitte as being in the Mitchell Report.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #43
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default Mitchell Report

some names I found:

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose Canseco, Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenny Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Schoenweis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez, Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams, Kerry Wood
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #44
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Off Topic Move It
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #45
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Brady Anderson!?

I refuse to believe that.

He's on CNBC right now if anyone wants to be bored to death.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #46
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Man, if baseball wasn't lame enough. A bunch of fat guys in a non-contact sport juicing up because they can't hit a home-run the old fashioned way.

Nice job, guys.

I picked a pretty good time to quit watching baseball in the late 90s.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #47
TheDave
Sauced...

Mods may want to leave this story on the front page for a bit... It is a fairly big, and will get discussed to death.... just say'n
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #48
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

NAHHHHhhh id move it ..... i tried to asked a mitchell report question and wasnt allowed.... Least mine was about football SINCE this is oooooon season mode ..... sarcasm

Last edited by TDmvp; 12-13-2007 at 02:19 PM..
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #49
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Jason Varitek, say it ain't so!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:18 PM   #50
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn