The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 07:38 PM   #401
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_Billy_Penn
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #402
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

not living in philly i could care less about a "curse" what we have here is 2 teams, the pens and the flyers, that have been in the league the same number of years, both with the same number of stanley cup wins, one team however has been selling out games the whole time, while the other team has finished dead last in the league a bunch of times and been bankrupt what like 3 times, so while there may be a curse on sports teams of philly, i wouldnt exactly say pittsburgh is doing so **** hot either. BTW even tho the penguins won 8 games last year the overall head to head record is still heavily in favor of the flyers.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:12 AM   #403
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
not living in philly i could care less about a "curse" what we have here is 2 teams, the pens and the flyers, that have been in the league the same number of years, both with the same number of stanley cup wins, one team however has been selling out games the whole time, while the other team has finished dead last in the league a bunch of times and been bankrupt what like 3 times, so while there may be a curse on sports teams of philly, i wouldnt exactly say pittsburgh is doing so **** hot either. BTW even tho the penguins won 8 games last year the overall head to head record is still heavily in favor of the flyers.
yeah sid the flyer killer really irks ya don't he.

As far as the pens going bankrupt- **** happens - but the fanbase didn't let them leave, now did they. Which really sinks your whole argument to lack of a fan base right down teh ****ter.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #404
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
yeah sid the flyer killer really irks ya don't he.

As far as the pens going bankrupt- **** happens - but the fanbase didn't let them leave, now did they. Which really sinks your whole argument to lack of a fan base right down teh ****ter.
whats sid done this year against the flyers?

as for letting them leave, the fans did ****, the nhl saved them, mario (savior #1) had sold the team to balsillie and it woulda been gone sept the nhl wouldnt let him move, so he backed out of it. So dont think the fans had anything to do with it. If balsillie was from kansas city and not anywhere in canada the penguins would already be gone.

but please continue to show us how your laughing stock of a franchise is worth anything. 1 playoff appearance in what like 12 years, you wanna talk about having no hope of winning the cup, not making the playoffs is having no hope of winning, at least making the playoffs gives you a shot.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #405
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
whats sid done this year against the flyers?

as for letting them leave, the fans did ****, the nhl saved them, mario (savior #1) had sold the team to balsillie and it woulda been gone sept the nhl wouldnt let him move, so he backed out of it. So dont think the fans had anything to do with it. If balsillie was from kansas city and not anywhere in canada the penguins would already be gone.

but please continue to show us how your laughing stock of a franchise is worth anything. 1 playoff appearance in what like 12 years, you wanna talk about having no hope of winning the cup, not making the playoffs is having no hope of winning, at least making the playoffs gives you a shot.
Uh again flyers fans don't know ****. The fans in pitt did all sorts of rallies in Pitt to keep the team - it was the CITY & State that were not kowtowing to Mario's demands.

Now that i have served you some STFU i hope you enjoy it.


PHILLY CURSE - Philly will never win anything.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #406
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

the fans could have done what ever, the deal was made with balsille to sell the team, the nhl steppin in and imposed conditions that it couldnt be moved, THAT is the only reason you still have a team, not because of anything you or the other 5,000 actual fans did.

http://www.pensinfo.com/?q=node/1024

so hows that cup of stfu feel being splashed back in your face

but by all means keep talkin
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #407
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

And why did #66 have the agreement to sell to basillie - come on - here's a hint

the state and city didn't JUMP when mario said to jump until he put the offer in to sell to basillie -

Again - know your **** before you post it.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #408
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,470

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

PIT 3 PHO 1

Another good game by the Flower. This game pissed me off though, stupid ass dumb**** Colby Armstrong flubbed 3 perfect chances from Sid, he basically stole assists away from Sid today. Sid should have had 4 points in this game and he only had 1. Oh well.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #409
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
PIT 3 PHO 1

Another good game by the Flower. This game pissed me off though, stupid ass dumb**** Colby Armstrong flubbed 3 perfect chances from Sid, he basically stole assists away from Sid today. Sid should have had 4 points in this game and he only had 1. Oh well.

God forbid somebody else get a point...
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #410
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
And why did #66 have the agreement to sell to basillie - come on - here's a hint

the state and city didn't JUMP when mario said to jump until he put the offer in to sell to basillie -

Again - know your **** before you post it.
why he did it dosent matter, the deal was made, only the nhl office saved your team, and this is my problem, if the nhl stepped in 15 years ago there would still be teams in winnipeg and quebec city, but no they wouldnt want to keep teams where people actually care about hockey, much better to save teams in pittsburgh and nashville.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:59 AM   #411
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
why he did it dosent matter, the deal was made, only the nhl office saved your team, and this is my problem, if the nhl stepped in 15 years ago there would still be teams in winnipeg and quebec city, but no they wouldnt want to keep teams where people actually care about hockey, much better to save teams in pittsburgh and nashville.
Selective attention eh? So the details don't matter.

**** off
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #412
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
PIT 3 PHO 1

Another good game by the Flower. This game pissed me off though, stupid ass dumb**** Colby Armstrong flubbed 3 perfect chances from Sid, he basically stole assists away from Sid today. Sid should have had 4 points in this game and he only had 1. Oh well.
I had just watched the tivo of it - lol - I'll take the 2pts though!

I really think this team is a true blue-chip Dman away - (I'd still like a more "solid" backup in net though)
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #413
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
Selective attention eh? So the details don't matter.

**** off
dont like facts ?

keep trying to read between the lines, and making things suit your argument, fact is team was sold, conditions were added to the sale by the nhl, all your crying in the streets had nothing to do with the team still being there.

chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #414
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
I really think this team is a true blue-chip Dman away - (I'd still like a more "solid" backup in net though)
from what being a 500 hockey team ?

your a one line team, see atlanta, very easily dealt with

but keep dreamin
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #415
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
dont like facts ?

keep trying to read between the lines, and making things suit your argument, fact is team was sold, conditions were added to the sale by the nhl, all your crying in the streets had nothing to do with the team still being there.


Again, the details don't matter so you can suit your argument. Nice try at a deflection - but like anything that touches philly it's just dirty trash.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:15 AM   #416
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
from what being a 500 hockey team ?

your a one line team, see atlanta, very easily dealt with

but keep dreamin
philly curse - your team will never win a cup.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:06 AM   #417
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

are you for real ? you cant really be this stupid, the team was sold right ? why was it sold, cuz mario didnt get his new arena, why did he want one ? cuz nobody was going to the old one and he was losing his shirt. Why is mario the owner in the first place ? cuz all the great fans didnt show up and the team couldnt afford to pay his salary so they gave him a share in the team.

anyhow im done with you, your boring, you have no material other then " the fans saved the team not the nhl" so ill let you get back to slobbering on cindys knob.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #418
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
are you for real ? you cant really be this stupid, the team was sold right ? why was it sold, cuz mario didnt get his new arena, why did he want one ? cuz nobody was going to the old one and he was losing his shirt. Why is mario the owner in the first place ? cuz all the great fans didnt show up and the team couldnt afford to pay his salary so they gave him a share in the team.

anyhow im done with you, your boring, you have no material other then " the fans saved the team not the nhl" so ill let you get back to slobbering on cindys knob.

You have no clue on why mario sold the team. Please educate yourself before i make you look like even more of a fool. I explained it to you once before. Since you didn't cite the lease agreement for mellon, etc - you are looking really bad here.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #419
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,470

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

PIT 4 EDM 2

This game was really boring for 2 periods and the Penguins looked like they were toast, but then they exploded for 4 goals in 7:25 in the third period. Sid with 3 assists in that third period. Flower with another very good game, he is playing really well lately. We are now over .500.

Playing at Calgary tomorrow night.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:09 AM   #420
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

I had a date tonight, so i missed it - lemme catch up - lol
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #421
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

well it's nice to see letang get going, and it looks like colby had a strong game. Looks like malkin was out to score, but didn't get a goal.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:03 AM   #422
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,470

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

PIT 3, CAL 2 (SHOOTOUT)

This game was alot like last night's game. Flower did, however, get injured early in the game and had to be replaced by Sabourin who played real well. Sid was held off the scoresheed tonight. Calgary did a good job making sure Phaneuf was on the ice when he was and Phaneuf did a nice job. Letang with the shootout winner. Another 2 points. The Penguins are very, very hot right now, I believe we have 6 victories in our last 7 games. Now 2 games over .500.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:04 AM   #423
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

I was listening to the radio and heard fluery got hurt. I was happy with malone.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #424
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Pens recall conklin

Link


As expected, the Penguins recalled veteran goalie Ty Conklin from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, temporarily replacing starter Marc-Andre Fleury, who suffered an ankle injury last night in Calgary.

Prior to this season, Conklin was the backup goalie in Columbus then was traded to the Buffalo Sabres at the trade deadline.

The Pens still have not provided any updates on Fleury’s condition at this time.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #425
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07341...d=penguins.xml

Penguins goalie's injury called mild ankle sprain
Friday, December 07, 2007
By Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

VANCOUVER -- Penguins coach Michel Therrien today characterized starting goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury's injury as a mild ankle sprain.

He is listed as day to day because the injury is not severe enough to warrant placing him on injured reserve.

Backup goaltender Dany Sabourin is expected to start tomorrow night against his former team, the Vancouver Canucks. The Penguins recalled Ty Conklin from their Wilkes-Barre/Scranton minor-league team on an emergency basis to serve as Sabourin's backup.

Fleury was injured in the opening minutes of the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win last night at Calgary.

Also today, the Penguins recalled veteran winger Mark Recchi for the purposes of putting him through re-entry waivers. Another NHL team can claim him at a rate of half his $1.75 million contract before noon tomorrow.

It's the latest step in the process of trying to find a new team for Recchi, who was not expected to report to Wilkes-Barre after being assigned there in a procedural move earlier this week.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Denver Broncos