The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2007, 02:10 AM   #126
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Wow, your kid must be the happiest little guy in the world, PBN.

Anyways, just dropping by and wanted to say that I love the young team that you guys have. You will be a load to handle, and Mike Richards is a great player. I watched him play junior hockey for the Kitchener Rangers, and he's a great all around player.

Good luck this season.

By the way, Alfie and the Sens will squash you
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:32 PM   #127
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
Wow, your kid must be the happiest little guy in the world, PBN.

Anyways, just dropping by and wanted to say that I love the young team that you guys have. You will be a load to handle, and Mike Richards is a great player. I watched him play junior hockey for the Kitchener Rangers, and he's a great all around player.

Good luck this season.

By the way, Alfie and the Sens will squash you
Yeah, my boy was happy as ****.

Richards has been unreal so far.

What happened tonight? Gerber looked poor tonight.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #128
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Great win for the Flyer tonight over the Sens. Especially after that forgettable performance against the lowly Caps on Friday. I'm not sure what's up with the Flyers. They are alot like the Broncos. They play down to the weak (losing in OT to Washington) and play like world beaters the next day (beating the Sens in Ottawa).

I guess it comes with how young they are. Missing Gagne and Hatcher hasn't helped either. Richards and Briere are lights out right now. I'm calling it now, the Flyers will definately make the playoffs this season.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #129
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

hey pbn do you tailgate at hockey games ? i may be coming down to philly for the december 27th game vs the leafs, i wanna make sure im there when the doors open, so what time is that ?

n yeah heck of a game last night, nice to see the sens coming back to earth.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #130
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
hey pbn do you tailgate at hockey games ? i may be coming down to philly for the december 27th game vs the leafs, i wanna make sure im there when the doors open, so what time is that ?

n yeah heck of a game last night, nice to see the sens coming back to earth.
It depends on who I go with. When I am with my son, we just go right in. He loves to get right behind the Flyers bench for warm-ups that way he can say hi to all the players and get pucks!
If I go with buddies, we sit outside and have a few cold one's until about 10 minutes before they drop they puck.

They open the doors 1 hour before gametime. Rush over to the flyers bench area and you will most likely be able to get down there. Bring a camera bro. The players stretch along the boards in front of the bench. They are literally 2 feet away. I would say that a handful of players will acknowledge you if you call their name. They will look right at you. Jimmy Dowd, Riley Cote, Mike Knuble, Scott Hartnell, Scottie Upshall seem to be the ones who interact the most. You may be able to get a stick, glove or puck if you ask.

So.... there is a lot of speculation about Jeff Carter getting traded. Of course the front office denies it but it makes sense. The Flyers have about 7 UFA coming up and there is no way they can keep them all. Umberger, Richards, Jason Smith and Carter are among the 7. Carter and Richards are gonna look to get the big payday. Richards is a must keep, Umberger won't demand a fraction of what Carter and Richards will cost. It's gonna suck to see Carter go but I think it's only a matter of time. Salary Cap Hockey blows. The Flyers were always willing to spend to win. Now, they have to make tough decision's on who to keep or more importantly, what young stud has to go.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #131
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

let the crying begin

flyers at it again, another questionable hit, made by a flyer, gotta be 20 games right, on the bright side, downies suspension is done i do believe.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:48 PM   #132
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

riddle me this, how is what parker did different then what boulerice did so hell get 25 games right ?

Last edited by Bronx33; 11-28-2007 at 07:29 PM..
Old 11-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #133
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Reaction to Hartnell SuspensionToday @ 12:58 PM ET | Comments (193)
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren was not happy. Neither was Scott Hartnell. I thought the punishment was deserved.

I think the Flyers are fortunate the league is not assessing them a team fine for multiple infractions involving head shots. There are some coaches and GMs right now who think the Flyers are out of control.

Holmgren:

“I asked Colin what was behind his thought process and he just felt Scott could have stopped,” Holmgren said. “He tried to stop. The video clearly shows snow from both feet. His momentum more than anything carried him into the player in a vulnerable position.

“What do you want player like that to do? You gotta make a decision in a very quick amount of time. Hopefully, a situation like that doesn’t arise again. We want our players to play hard and finish their checks, but we want them to be more careful in situations like that.”

Hartnell was not available. He is on the plane to Carolina for tomorrow's game. But here is what he had to say after the morning practice, anticipating his conference call with Colin Campbell:

“Even if I do get suspended, I am still going to finish my checks,” he told me. “If you watch the last few games, I go for the forecheck and the D has their back to me and I don’t finish my check that hard.

"You can rub them out and bury the guy from behind and it would probably be a legal check, but I am not that dirty of a player.”

I wonder how this affects the Flyers from here on in terms of hitting. Already, we have seen Randy Jones backing off a bit on board hits.

“You can’t worry about repercussions finishing your check,” Hartnell said. “I guess I could have skated away and not finish my check but that’s part of my game. Everyone in here finishes their check.”

I asked Jason Smith about these same issues: how do you play the Flyers style now and not wonder whether the hit is going to end up as a suspension. And I believe Hartnell's hit certainly deserved one.

“You have to continue to play,” Smith said. “If you play with hesitancy or fear, things don’t happen. We need to compete at the highest level we can and work at the hardest level we can.

“You have to realize that incidents happen and you want to limit the amount we’re a part of. If you go out and play hard, hopefully, we won’t get involved in any more of those. It’s something our team has to deal with.”
Old 11-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #134
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
let the crying begin

flyers at it again, another questionable hit, made by a flyer, gotta be 20 games right, on the bright side, downies suspension is done i do believe.

Crying? hartnell is a veteran that should know better he deserves everything he gets on this one (just flat stupid)
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #135
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Crying? hartnell is a veteran that should know better he deserves everything he gets on this one (just flat stupid)
oh, ok downies a rookie, hartnells a veteran, just whos allowed to make a hit in this new pussified nhl ?

i cant wait till next year when they replace the uniforms with skirts
Old 11-27-2007, 09:13 PM   #136
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Hold on let me get some popcorn it's going to rich watching you craft an excuse for this one.

The hit

Alberts was on his knees not even a threat.

Last edited by Bronx33; 11-27-2007 at 09:27 PM..
Old 11-27-2007, 11:56 PM   #137
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

oh come on, so thats the new plan is it, drop to your knees so you dont get hit, gimmie a break, hartnell pulled up, see the snow flying off his skates, thats cuz he was stopping, if he wanted to kill him he coulda, once again this hit happens all the time, but because the guy lays on the ice for a bit its a suspension which is wrong, if albert gets up nothing more is said of this.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:03 AM   #138
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Fugg em all......GO FLYERS!!!!
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:45 PM   #139
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Fugg em all......GO FLYERS!!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #140
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
oh come on, so thats the new plan is it, drop to your knees so you dont get hit, gimmie a break, hartnell pulled up, see the snow flying off his skates, thats cuz he was stopping, if he wanted to kill him he coulda, once again this hit happens all the time, but because the guy lays on the ice for a bit its a suspension which is wrong, if albert gets up nothing more is said of this.

Did you even notice why alberts went down? he dropped to keep a puck from getting past him since hartnall was bearing down on him (smart player) doing his job. Hartnall watched him do this and still smoked him in a vunerable postion (not smart) very nice of him to not kill him and only knock him out for a few seconds, iam very sorry you don't understand what a good hit is vs a lame cheap one from somebody that knew better. And just so you know hartnell would have been in the box with this hit anyways if alberts got right back up (it was to the head) anybody throwiing that hit would have been penalized.

Ps: In this situation you don't finish the check. Period.

Last edited by Bronx33; 11-28-2007 at 07:10 PM..
Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 PM   #141
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
And just so you know hartnell would have been in the box with this hit anyways if alberts got right back up (it was to the head) anybody throwiing that hit would have been penalized.

Wow, I was hoping a non Flyer fan would say something like that. I was at the game Monday and need a non Flyer fan to explain to me what the ref was thinking. Explain to me then, why did the Ref not throw his arm up signaling a penalty until 5 to 6 seconds after the hit? Explain to me when Koharski (the ref) had to look back and notice the player was hurt BEFORE he signaled for a penalty. Wanna know why.... Because it was not a penalty. For further proof that it wasn't a penalty, the Ref gave Hartnell a 5 minute major for..... you ready to laugh BOARDING!
Boarding? That wasn't boarding. The player was not facing the glass. In fact, it was'nt anything at all. The only thing Hartnell might be guilty of is hitting a defensless player. However, there is....
A) No such penalty
B) There is a chance the guy gets right up and jumps into the offensive rush. Hartnell did what any player does. Hit the guy after the pass. Problem for the Bruins player was, he didn't get up. Unfortunately for the Bruins player, his head was level with the dasher. When Hartnell cleanly made the check, the Bruins players head hit the dasher causing the damage.

I'm tired of trying to explain this chit. Why am I tired? Because I love the Flyers re-introducing the Broad Street Bullies to the NHL. Suspensions? I don't want to see opposing players get seriously injured but I want the other team to feel a tremendous amount of pain after playing us. If a heavy hit is deemed a "cheap shot" by the skirts around the NHL, eff 'em. Eff suspensions. Who cares. Keep suspending our players. Doesn't matter to me. It will just help spread the word that the Bullies are back. You might beat use on the score board, but you will pay with your health. I LOVE IT!

Ph uck Colin Campbell, Ph uck Gary Bettman, and Ph uck all you non Flyer fan pansies!

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 11-28-2007 at 09:33 PM..
Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #142
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Wow, I was hoping a non Flyer fan would say something like that. I was at the game Monday and need a non Flyer fan to explain to me what the ref was thinking. Explain to me then, why did the Ref not throw his arm up signaling a penalty until 5 to 6 seconds after the hit? Explain to me when Koharski (the ref) had to look back and notice the player was hurt BEFORE he signaled for a penalty. Wanna know why.... Because it was not a penalty. For further proof that it wasn't a penalty, the Ref gave Hartnell a 5 minute major for..... you ready to laugh BOARDING!
Boarding? That wasn't boarding. The player was not facing the glass. In fact, it was'nt anything at all. The only thing Hartnell might be guilty of is hitting a defensless player. However, there is....
A) No such penalty
B) There is a chance the guy gets right up and jumps into the offensive rush. Hartnell did what any player does. Hit the guy after the pass. Problem for the Bruins player was, he didn't get up. Unfortunately for the Bruins player, his head was level with the dasher. When Hartnell cleanly made the check, the Bruins players head hit the dasher causing the damage.

I'm tired of trying to explain this chit. Why am I tired? Because I love the Flyers re-introducing the Broad Street Bullies to the NHL. Suspensions? Eff suspensions. Who cares. Keep suspending our players. Doesn't matter to me. It will just help spread the word that the Bullies are back. You might beat use on the score board, but you will pay with your health. I LOVE IT!

Ph uck Colin Campbell, Ph uck Gary Bettman, and Ph uck all you non Flyer fan pansies!

Who the **** knows! how can i give you the answer (i wasn't there) we will have too take your word for it (without video proof) but facts are facts dude (it wasn't a legal hit) end of story so it really doesn't matter when the ref raised his hand. Iam really sorry your team is on an extended streak of being extremely stupid i would be pissed too if my team was doing this shyt but hey iam just a hockey fan what the **** do i know.

As for the statement i put in bold (my questions) were all directed at chada not you whom doesn't have two clues to rub together even you told him to shut his piehole.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:02 PM   #143
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Who the **** knows! how can i give you the answer (i wasn't there) we will have too take your word for it (without video proof) but facts are facts dude (it wasn't a legal hit) end of story so it really doesn't matter when the ref raised his hand. Iam really sorry your team is on an extended streak of being extremely stupid i would be pissed too if my team was doing this shyt but hey iam just a hockey fan what the **** do i know.

As for the statement i put in bold (my questions) were all directed at chada not you whom doesn't have two clues to rub together even you told him to shut his piehole.

Well, in my opinion if a ref has to see the result to decide whether it's a penalty or not, it's probably not a penalty.
Anyway, no need to sound so bitter bro. I was just asking YOU a few questions. And, like I said in the previous post, I am so not pissed. I love it.

My entire post really wasn't directed at you totally. Just the first couple questions. After that, it was merely my opinion on the matter for all to read.

Don't get saucey Bronx. It's just hockey bro.

Just like all of use like to see a devestatingly punnishing Defense from our Broncos, I love the same with my Flyers. We would love to see our D hit like this on the Football field. If there are a few helmet to helmet hits, we would live with them. That's all I am doing with my Flyboys!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #144
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

saucey? lol i guess we don't see eye to eye on this subject (iam droppin it) i consider you guys my friends no sense ****** that up for nothing.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:56 PM   #145
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
saucey? lol i guess we don't see eye to eye on this subject (iam droppin it) i consider you guys my friends no sense ****** that up for nothing.
Discuss bro. I aint gonna get mad. You do have another opinion and that's cool with me. The only comparison I can use is the Broncs. Tell me you don't love seeing Lynch, or Atwater or DS49 absolutely crushing someone. Well, alot of those times, the League and the opposing fans viewed them as dirty hits.
Remember the battles we had with Dulphin fan after Chris Chambers got his head taken off by our saftey? I can't remember who the S was. Eric Brown maybe, or Kenoy kennedy. It was before Lynch was here. We all viewed it as a great hit and Dulphin fan was crying up a storm and our S got either fined or suspended or both.
Same thing. The home fan views it a different way. Am I right? In my eyes yes. Doesn't really matter who is right though. All that matters is what the league says. I am laughing at the NHL at this point and I hope they keep suspending us because that means the Flyer refuse to let up and thats what I want as a Flyer fan.
You're still a Bronco brother no matter what you say on the subject.

Even though you are completely out of your mind!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 PM   #146
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:14 AM   #147
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i dunno man, a good hit is a good hit, that cambell hit on umberger in the playoffs was a good hit, colby armstrong throws some really nice hits, i just like rough hockey, and the fact that its finally being played and being penalized pisses me off to no end, the fact that it certainly seems that the nhl has 2 sets of criteria for suspensions pisses me off to no end, ive offered up videos of just about everything a flyer has been suspended for being done by another player and what did they get ? nothing, hell colin cambell even said earlier in the year about a hit " it was a suspendable offense" well why the hell wasnt he suspended then ? What kinda message is he sending to league ? Hit anybody however you want, just pray they dont get hurt or youll get suspended.

if all these hits happend last year when the team sucked ass i can see people being upset, cuz they arent playing hockey, they are just goons, but come on take the skirts off and play the game.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #148
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
i dunno man, a good hit is a good hit, that cambell hit on umberger in the playoffs was a good hit, colby armstrong throws some really nice hits, i just like rough hockey, and the fact that its finally being played and being penalized pisses me off to no end, the fact that it certainly seems that the nhl has 2 sets of criteria for suspensions pisses me off to no end, ive offered up videos of just about everything a flyer has been suspended for being done by another player and what did they get ? nothing, hell colin cambell even said earlier in the year about a hit " it was a suspendable offense" well why the hell wasnt he suspended then ? What kinda message is he sending to league ? Hit anybody however you want, just pray they dont get hurt or youll get suspended.

if all these hits happend last year when the team sucked ass i can see people being upset, cuz they arent playing hockey, they are just goons, but come on take the skirts off and play the game.

Your still confusing good clean rough hockey (which i also like) with bad hits (which they were) i really don't know what else to tell you your team hasn't lost a step even with the suspensions you should be happy how deep your team is.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #149
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Your still confusing good clean rough hockey (which i also like) with bad hits (which they were) i really don't know what else to tell you your team hasn't lost a step even with the suspensions you should be happy how deep your team is.

i make downies hit everytime, hartnell was pulling up, jones was just bad luck, boulerice was dirty, the jones hit happens 5 times everygame and not a word is said untill somebody dosent get up, much like the hartnell hit, if the guy gets up nothing else is said, and you can cry dirty all you want about downie, i like it, and actually i recall laying out a guy in summer hockey many years ago in the very same way, i didnt even get a penalty.

did you see Phaneuf's hit on Hudler, from tuesday, very similar to downies hit, he was offf the ice barely, just like downie (its called exploding into the hit NOT JUMPING) but it wasnt near the boards, oh yeah and the guy got up, so how many games did he get ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7cu3...ad.php?t=29872

nice eh, funny thing, no stretcher, no suspension, apparently we need to send all players to the darcy tucker go down like you were shot school of taking a hit
Old 11-29-2007, 05:07 PM   #150
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
i make downies hit everytime, hartnell was pulling up, jones was just bad luck, boulerice was dirty, the jones hit happens 5 times everygame and not a word is said untill somebody dosent get up, much like the hartnell hit, if the guy gets up nothing else is said, and you can cry dirty all you want about downie, i like it, and actually i recall laying out a guy in summer hockey many years ago in the very same way, i didnt even get a penalty.

did you see Phaneuf's hit on Hudler, from tuesday, very similar to downies hit, he was offf the ice barely, just like downie (its called exploding into the hit NOT JUMPING) but it wasnt near the boards, oh yeah and the guy got up, so how many games did he get ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7cu3...ad.php?t=29872

nice eh, funny thing, no stretcher, no suspension, apparently we need to send all players to the darcy tucker go down like you were shot school of taking a hit

Hudler was admiring a pretty pass? what? only difference was the dean hit was directed to to the head (that's the difference) and hartnells exact quote was (I finished the check)

Last edited by Bronx33; 11-29-2007 at 05:19 PM..