The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2007, 12:03 PM   #51
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7...ic_key=7470516

an actual sports writer who has it at least partially right!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #52
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
not on me but I am on the east coast too.....
Oh yeah.... East coast bias . What a joke!

I'll be brief here but you know what I think was a major factor? Rollins saying in the pre season that the "Phillies were the team to beat in the NL East". He said it publically, then backed it up publically.
That and also the fact that he is the only player in Major league history to go 30,30,30 (Doubles, homers, and Steals). Also only the fourth player to go 20,20,20,20 (HR's, Doubles, Triples, Steals). Add all that offense with the fact he is the best defensive SS in the NL. Add to that that the Phils never missed a beat when Rowand went down for 3 weeks, Utley for 5 weeks, Howard for 5 weeks, Hamels 6 weeks and Myers 10 weeks. Whats that equal?

MVP
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:10 AM   #53
vailitaliano319
thereech

Making Moves

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I actually WILL BE BRIEF...

Willie Mayes Hayes, I mean Jimmy Rollins was a legitimate winner for MVP. I hope that Chase Utley wins it next year, and you guys finish 3rd in the NL East. Ill take an NL Pennant over an MVP every year... as far as SS is concerned, well Ill let the 7-10 that Tulo will win in his career to speak for themselves, congrats on a gold glove, MVP (2 years in a row) and NOTHING to show for it!
vailitaliano319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:29 AM   #54
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Hey Paizan.... When did this become Phillies vs Rockies?

As predicted my many, it was an extremely close race. Could have went either way. Rollins 1, Holliday 2, or Holliday 1 Rollins 2. I actually went the cop out road and said they should have split the MVP. It's been done before. It's ashame that someone went home without the hardware since both were so deserving.
I would like to know how many games you actually watched of the Phillies this year besides the playoff series and when the Rockies played them in the reg season 6 times? You can't look at stats and make a decision.

I'll give you one very respected baseball minds opinion..... When asked at the end of the season, who he would vote for for MVP this person answered, (I am paraphrasing) If you are going strictly on offense, Matt Holliday hands down. However, if we are talking all around, defense, speed, power, clutch hitting, produces runs, quarterback of the defense and plays the hardest position in the field, I would vote for Jimmy Rollins.
That was said by Bobby Cox, future MLB Hall of Famer.
That is only one guys opinion but, he pretty much nailed it.

If Tulo wins 7-10 GG, I commend you for your predicting the future abilities. It doesn't amount to a hill of beans right now though. The Phillies and Rox had great seasons, seasons that both cities enjoyed incredibly. Nothing will wipe the smiles off Phillies fans faces then helping the Mets completely collapse. We have the best all around infield in the NL locked up for the next 4 seasons. Howard is the only one that can walk in 4 years. Our core is locked in. Myers, Hamels, Howard, Utley, Rollins. As a Rox fan, just pray that you can say the same this time next season.
You better hope Jeter stays for a few more years or Tulo will be winning those GG in Boston or NY.

I congradulate you on your NL Pennant. Great year for you. Just try not to be so damn bitter towards others beacause those awards obviously meant the world to you.

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 11-22-2007 at 02:34 AM..
Old 11-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #55
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Add all that offense with the fact he is the best defensive SS in the NL.

MVP
Are you serious? You can't be, can you? Surely someone would actually do research before saying that.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:57 PM   #56
vailitaliano319
thereech

Making Moves

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Hey Paizan.... When did this become Phillies vs Rockies?

As predicted my many, it was an extremely close race. Could have went either way. Rollins 1, Holliday 2, or Holliday 1 Rollins 2. I actually went the cop out road and said they should have split the MVP. It's been done before. It's ashame that someone went home without the hardware since both were so deserving.
I would like to know how many games you actually watched of the Phillies this year besides the playoff series and when the Rockies played them in the reg season 6 times? You can't look at stats and make a decision.

I'll give you one very respected baseball minds opinion..... When asked at the end of the season, who he would vote for for MVP this person answered, (I am paraphrasing) If you are going strictly on offense, Matt Holliday hands down. However, if we are talking all around, defense, speed, power, clutch hitting, produces runs, quarterback of the defense and plays the hardest position in the field, I would vote for Jimmy Rollins.
That was said by Bobby Cox, future MLB Hall of Famer.
That is only one guys opinion but, he pretty much nailed it.

If Tulo wins 7-10 GG, I commend you for your predicting the future abilities. It doesn't amount to a hill of beans right now though. The Phillies and Rox had great seasons, seasons that both cities enjoyed incredibly. Nothing will wipe the smiles off Phillies fans faces then helping the Mets completely collapse. We have the best all around infield in the NL locked up for the next 4 seasons. Howard is the only one that can walk in 4 years. Our core is locked in. Myers, Hamels, Howard, Utley, Rollins. As a Rox fan, just pray that you can say the same this time next season.
You better hope Jeter stays for a few more years or Tulo will be winning those GG in Boston or NY.

I congradulate you on your NL Pennant. Great year for you. Just try not to be so damn bitter towards others beacause those awards obviously meant the world to you.
I actually was at all 3 of the games in Denver (two of which were ridiculous rain storms) and my best friend is from Chestnut Hill so believe me, I know what Im talking about with regard to the Phills as he WILL NOT SHUT UP about them from April till usually late September. Bobby Cox, a man whose opinion has to be respected, never the less, he is a manager of a team in your division.
vailitaliano319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #57
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And another award goes to someone else because not enough voters stay up late enough to see Holliday play.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:18 PM   #58
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Are you serious? You can't be, can you? Surely someone would actually do research before saying that.

Research? 182 Phillies games watched and 100's of other games watched on MLB package via comcast. Add to that 28 years of playing and coaching the game. Don't like my research? How about a bunch of voters around the country who voted the same as my opinion and gave Jimmy the Gold Glove at SS this year.
That enough for you or are your purple glasses blinding the obvious?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:20 PM   #59
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailitaliano319 View Post
I actually was at all 3 of the games in Denver (two of which were ridiculous rain storms) and my best friend is from Chestnut Hill so believe me, I know what Im talking about with regard to the Phills as he WILL NOT SHUT UP about them from April till usually late September. Bobby Cox, a man whose opinion has to be respected, never the less, he is a manager of a team in your division.
That rain storm where all the Phillies helped the Rockies ground crew while the Rockies players were nowhere to be found? That was actually comical.

You have to watch the game, not get opinions from your friend in CH. Did you watch?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:21 PM   #60
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
And another award goes to someone else because not enough voters stay up late enough to see Holliday play.
I don't know the breakdown in numbers but there are voters in every city that has MLB.