The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2007, 04:47 PM   #226
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

As i posted before in reference to the AHL team beinf televised on NHL NETWORK so heres our chance to see some monster games. (Heres a list of the televised games)

The NHL Network has announced a 20 game AHL schedule which will be available on the channel in both the United States and Canada. Six of the games will feature the Lake Erie Monsters.

Thursday, Nov. 22 - Toronto @ Lake Erie at 7 p.m. ET
Thursday, Nov. 29 - Lake Erie @ Rochester at 7 p.m. ET
Thursday, Jan. 10 - Lake Erie @ Rockford at 7 p.m. ET
Thursday, Feb. 7 - San Antonio @ Lake Erie at 7 p.m. ET
Thursday, Mar. 13 - Grand Rapids @ Lake Erie at 7 p.m. ET
Thursday, Apr. 17 - Hamilton @ Lake Erie at 7 p.m. ET
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:45 AM   #227
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
ok lets see if i got this right, a flyer does something that gets reviewed and is nailed to the cross, yet pronger starts a fight as the game ends, which is supposed to be an automatic game suspension, and gets nothing.

nhl gets to be a bigger joke everyday.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/mckenzie/?id=222845

Anaheim defenceman Chris Pronger is not being suspended and Ducks' head coach Randy Carlyle is not being fined for Pronger instigating a fight with Los Angeles' Michal Handzus last night as the buzzer sounded at the end of overtime in the Ducks' 4-3 shootout win over the Kings.

NHL rules call for an automatic one-game suspension for the player and a $10,000 fine for the coach when an instigator is assessed with less than five minutes remaining in regulation time.

But the rule also allows for the NHL to "rescind" the penalties if the league doesn't believe the incident was pre-meditated by the player or orchestrated by the coach. The score of the game is often one of the biggest factors and, in this case, overtime had just ended and they were heading to a shootout.

And, in this instance, the league has rescinded the penalties so there will be no suspension to Pronger or fine to Carlyle.

Pronger became incensed when just as the game was ending, Handzus flipped what looked like a harmless wrist shot from the blueline towards Duck goalie Jean Sebastien Giguere, who used his blocker to deflect it to the corner. Pronger went after Handzus, a melee ensued and Pronger dropped the gloves and started pounding on Handzus.

He went after him after Handzus shot at Giguere after the horn which is a big NO NO in hockey. I also believed the dude turtled at the end of the overtime. There was and shouldnt have been a suspension. Different scene, different results.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:03 AM   #228
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
I say....sweep. F the gay ducks.

I guess you were right on the sweep part. 3 in a row. Kings were one of the few teams that played the Ducks tough all year long. We suck at PK and the Kings are one of the top yet taking them down for the sweep. We actually have 3 games in a row on shootout wins. If it wasnt for Phoenix stinking it up, Kings would be back at home...... get me some fine wine when you are down there.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:03 AM   #229
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
He went after him after Handzus shot at Giguere after the horn which is a big NO NO in hockey. I also believed the dude turtled at the end of the overtime. There was and shouldnt have been a suspension. Different scene, different results.
there is no rule in the nhl rulebook that says not to shoot as the buzzers going, and dont give me that its the code crap cuz the code dosent apply, we are talking rules and only rules, there is clearly a rule here and it was broken yet pronger walks AGAIN, and you cannot rule by result, thats like saying its ok to go into a high school and shoot 100 bullets as long as you dont kill anybody we'll let you go, see the stupidity in ruling by result ?

i bet if pronger was a flyer he would got the game suspension.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #230
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Are we going to have chada rant with every questionable hit, fight ,slash this year?

Here i will just make you a template:

I bet if insert name was a flyer he would have gotten a insert suspension amount game suspension.

just copy and paste the rest of the year.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #231
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Daters favorite avs memories

I’m a bit of a nostalgic guy. I have a KISS pinball machine, collect all the old magazines on Ebay that my mom threw away (16, Hit Parader, Some SI, Circus, Sporting News, old Red Sox game programs, etc.). Many times at night, as a way of relaxing and falling asleep (see a previous blog, where I implored The Nation for sleep tips for insomnia) I replay certain parts of my life, in as much detail as I can muster (no, not JUST those parts, perverts).
Yesterday at the Avs’ practice facility, I took a look at the 1995-96 team picture, with a Stanley Cup sitting in the foreground. And, I started getting nostalgic and remembering what, are now, old times.
So, for those in Avs Blog Nation who care and want to revisit some of those memories with me, here are some off-the-top-of-my-head, inside moments from those early days:

-Mike Keane coming through the aisle of the team plane always yelling, for some reason, “Hot coffee here, hot coffee.”

- Mike Ricci making fun of Avs media relations man Jean Martineau for a preseason game hotel in Fresno, Calif. “Nice hotel Jeanny”, Ricci yelled from the back of the bus, in a French accent.

- Marc Crawford saying, “Hang in there, Paxie” to former Avs prospect Paxton Schulte after a rough preseason game.

- Claude Lemieux always saying “Run it” to the bus driver as the light changed from yellow to red.

- Marty McSorley of the Sharks looking at a pair of pants I had on one day and saying with a sad shake of his head, “Bad pants, man.” The pants were purple, hence my nickname for a while with the Avs, “Barney.”

- Patrick Roy saying he wanted a glass of “Lee-mo-nad” from a waiter at a Florida hotel his first year with the Avs.

- Somebody putting shaving cream all over my head after I fell asleep on the team plane back from Sweden, right after 9/11.

- The first time I covered a game at the old Montreal Forum. It just smelled like hockey in there. And they had the greatest hot dogs in NHL history.

- Chris Simon calling Warren Rychel “fat Bundy” after a contentious practice one day, at the old barn at the University of Denver. Bundy was Rychel’s nickname.

- Marc Crawford rightfully chewing me out for calling him at home on Christmas day, asking about a minor injury to Scott Young.

- Troy Murray chewing me out one day in Tampa for a headline to a story of mine in the Hockey News (reporters don’t write the headlines).

- Me getting lost in the Watts section of Los Angeles one night in my rental car.

- Getting a tour of Patrick Roy’s house one day after he first was traded to the Avs, and being amazed at the size of his TV (this was 1995).

- Playing basketball with some Avs players in a Dallas hotel gym, and thinking “don’t quit your day jobs, guys.”

- Sitting, wide-eyed, listening to Jari Kurri tell stories of playing on the same line with Wayne Gretzky.

- Being absolutely amazed at the size of Ray Bourque’s thighs.

- The day in Winnipeg when the team plane needed some work and, after a game to fill the time, sitting with the entire team at a great dinner at the Canadian steakhouse chain Hy’s and marveling at how fast Adam Deadmarsh could put away a thick piece of steak.

- Watching Deadmarsh and Peter Forsberg play ping-pong together in the game room of the Long Island Marriott.

- Always taking grief from Chris Drury about how his Yankees always beat the Red Sox in the end (times have changed Chris!).

- The time in New Hampsire when, the day before Ray Bourque played his first game back in Boston as an Av, flipping over my rental car on an icy road, tumbling down an embankment and landing upside down in deep snow, and having to tunnel my way out from the window.
Then, of getting my car towed to a salvage yard employed by people straight out of “Deliverance” and thinking, “Will I be luckier to have survived this car accident or getting out of this salvage yard alive?”

- Valeri Kamensky’s son nearly breaking my ankle swinging a stick in the locker room after practice one day.

- Patrick Roy laughing hysterically when I asked if he ever kept in touch with former Montreal goalie Jacques Plante (Plante hadn’t been one of the living for several years by that point).

- Pierre Lacroix waking me up in an Edmonton hotel room one morning at about 5:30 to comment on an article I’d written (no, it wasn’t “Nice job”).

- Me having a beer with Ray Bourque the night he was inducted into the Hall of Fame in Toronto and thinking, “I’m having a beer with Ray Bourque on the night he went into the Hall of Fame” and not thinking it was real.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #232
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

OOOOOOOOO!!!! OOOOOOOO!! OOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ilya Bryzgalov ON WAIVERS!!

link

n a corresponding move, the Ducks recalled goaltender Jonas Hiller from Portland of the American Hockey League. The roster decision was a move that Ducks general manager Brian Burke was planning for some time.

"I'm keeping my word to a player here," Burke explained to TSN on Friday.

"Ilya Bryzgalov has won three playoff rounds for us and has played very well. But we've committed ourselves to two other goaltenders in Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Jonas Hiller. I told him if I couldn't find a place to play, I would put him on waivers. I gave his agent Don Meehan a time frame, and we're keeping our word to a player. As an organization, we find that to be important. He's a good kid, we know he'll get picked up and he'll play well wherever he goes. He's done his part for us over the last two seasons, and it's time we kept our word."
Old 11-16-2007, 04:43 PM   #233
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Damn, Shero pick him up! We could use another goaltender in the mix
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #234
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Ilya will be picked up in no time. When Guguire was injured, he filled in like a starter. He should be a starter and hats off to Burke for sticking to get him a starting job. Not sure if any trade talks were discussed with teams but he is worth more than a normal back up.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #235
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
there is no rule in the nhl rulebook that says not to shoot as the buzzers going, and dont give me that its the code crap cuz the code dosent apply, we are talking rules and only rules, there is clearly a rule here and it was broken yet pronger walks AGAIN, and you cannot rule by result, thats like saying its ok to go into a high school and shoot 100 bullets as long as you dont kill anybody we'll let you go, see the stupidity in ruling by result ?

i bet if pronger was a flyer he would got the game suspension.

He doesnt get special treatment. Look at the playoffs last year. He was suspended not once but twice. Your example of shooting up a high school has no merit to what happened.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #236
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

The new easton S17 helmet...

FEATURES

The S17 features include the MonoLock™ Sizing System, which is a tool-less sizing feature that keeps the bulk off the sides of the helmet and utilizes a “player-friendly” lever on the back.

The InForm™ Fit System, created by Easton’s action sports sister company GIRO, is the best-fitting, easiest to operate micro-adjustment fit-band in hockey. It surrounds the head comfortably and securely.

The S17 also features adjustable ear pieces which add to the customizability of the helmet.

Independent temple foams have a lower density for increased comfort and built in screws to make it easy to access hardware.

Here is what, Easton Vice President, Ned Goldsmith had to say about the new S17 helmet:

“The helmet category is one of the only areas Easton didn’t participate in and the new helmets truly round out our entire product line. We didn’t want to come to market with just any helmet. We wanted a superior design, style, comfort, durability and of course protection. We wouldn’t settle for anything less,” Goldsmith said.

“The new Helmets are going to make an immediate impact. Our long list of NHLers and our dedicated R&D team contributed to the extensive research that was done in the creation of these helmets. The result is stellar and players will notice right away. The new technologies and design will make for the best comfort, fit, protection, and style on the market.”

AVAILABILITY

The Easton Stealth S17 Helmet will be available for sale at your local hockey shop in May 2008. However, some online stores have a history of placing pre-orders for equipment that has not reached the market.

If you are in the market for a new helmet and can’t wait until the S17 arrives, you may want to check out the new Mission Intake Fusion Helmet or the Cascade CHX which claims to have the best concussion protection on the market.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:27 PM   #237
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default chada heres your chance

f you’ve been waiting for your turn to get at Gary Bettman and ask him the questions that have been burning you up inside, you now have your chance!

Courtesy of the folks at XM Radio, Gary Bettman will be on the air and will be accessible to fans. I’m honestly not sure how XM convinced him to do this, it’s like sending a lamb to the slaughter. It should be a great show and I hope fans take it a little easy on Mr. Bettman…at least until he gets his feet wet.

Here are the details of the show courtesy of XM Radio:

“NHL Hour” will debut Tuesday, November 27 at 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. EST on NHL Home Ice (XM 204) and NHL.com. On December 6, “NHL Hour” will begin airing every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. EST. The candid, interactive talk radio show will be hosted by a rotation of League executives including Commissioner Bettman, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly and Senior Executive VP of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell. The show will be co-hosted by XM sports host and former NHL player Bill Clement.

What Bettman Thinks of The Show

“The NHL has the best fans in sports. Thanks to XM Satellite Radio, we are able to offer this unique outlet for answering their questions”

“I look forward to hearing from our fans directly and being a part of this one-of-a-kind radio show.”

How To Get Your Two Cents In

“NHL Hour” will provide fans with the latest news and events from the highest levels of the NHL and encourages fans to submit questions via phone and email.

To submit questions to “NHL Hour”, call 1-877-NHL-ON-XM (1-877-645-6696) or email homeice@xmradio.ca.

How And Where To Listen

“NHL Hour” will broadcast live from the NHL/XM Radio studio in the NHL Powered By Reebok store in Manhattan. The show will re-run on XM Canada and NHL Network, with archived shows available for download on NHL.com via a podcast.

Possiable questions for a canes fan:

1. How many cities have you promised All Star games to that have yet to host one and where is Raleigh on the list?
2. How can the league sit back and do nothing when an individual is selling season tickets for a non-existent NHL franchise?
3. How can you expect to grow or expand the game when you bind the league to a television contract with a network that doesn’t broadcast to over 30% of American households?
4. What are you going to do about rising ticket prices and the fact that attendance is declining across the league in the USA?

I’m sure a few people wouldn’t mind asking Colin Campbell, (head of officials) a few questions as well.

1. Since your current “tough love” approach of a 2 game suspension doesn’t seem to have an affect on reducing dirty play, especially when one player breaks another player’s neck or gives them a head shot and a concussion, does the league have any other ideas for reducing the growing number of head shots and serious head injuries in the game?
2. Does this league review official’s performances? Better yet, do they ever reprimand an official after an obvious mistake? Even better yet, do they ever suspend or punish an official after a gross error in judgment?
3. Does the league ever check officials’ eye sight?
4. Does the league ever test officials on the rules of the game?

Last edited by Bronx33; 11-16-2007 at 08:32 PM..
Old 11-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #238
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Bryzgalov claimed by pheonix

I knew it wouldn't take long..

To date, Alex Auld and Mikael Tellqvist have been splitting starts in goal for Phoenix.

The Anaheim Ducks shuffled their backup goaltenders on Friday, making Bryzgalov available to the league.

"Ilya Bryzgalov has won three playoff rounds for us and has played very well," Burke explained to TSN on Friday. "But we've committed ourselves to two other goaltenders in Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Jonas Hiller."
Related Info

The 27-year-old Bryzgalov has a 2-3-1 record and a 2.55 goals-against average in nine regular season games this year. He has a career 26-23-7 record with a 2.48 GAA, and a .908 save percentage.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #239
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

As a Flyer fan, I want to ask Chadta to please refrain from the "suspension" whining. It's over bro. The decisions have been made and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I love it actually. I love the label "dirty". Maybe it will bring us back to the "broad street bullies" days. It's great to know the league has us under a microscope. I wouldn't have it any other way. Opposing teams are aware of it and hopefully that gives us a small advantage. Bring back the "Philly Flu".

This is a positive bro. While in the 70's and early 80's everyone around the league called us the most intimidating team in the league, the new world of pansy fans and soft players call us dirty and cheap shot artists. Embrase it bro. I am, and I am loving it.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #240
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Some interesting numbers i found...
Home ice

And the worst

Old 11-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #241
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

easy pbn, now the penguins fans know how we feel watching cindy whine and cry about absofrigginlutly everything, gets old dosnt it guys ?

side note, downie may make his return against the sens next weekend, that will be the first game he is eligible to return, and in light of the injuries we have i think he will play, question is how many goons do we dress ? i think cote and eager forsure, where can we find more ?
Old 11-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #242
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

In reference to avery last week this is old but i thought belaks comment was pretty funny.

Updated: November 13, 2007, 1:59 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

New York Rangers forward Sean Avery's agitating antics during his pregame warmup Sunday did not go over well with some fellow NHL players.

According to a report in The Toronto Sun, Maple Leafs defenseman Wade Belak took offense to alleged comments from Avery and said the Rangers forward will suffer severe payback.

Before the Rangers' 3-2 shootout win over the Leafs on Saturday night, Avery shoved Leafs forward Jason Blake, then had words with Blake and Darcy Tucker. Avery and Tucker threatened each other with their sticks before the incident cooled.

"He's pissing guys off," Belak told The Sun. "He'll bring harm to himself and not too many guys around the league are going to be sad to see it. If he keeps this up, someone is going to kill him. One day he's going to say something the wrong way and he'll be clubbed.

"And I'm not saying it will be by me, either."

Avery later fought Tucker during the game, completing what is known as the Gordie Howe hat trick (goal-assist-fight) in the Rangers' win.

Colin Campbell, the NHL's director of operations, is investigating the incident, the Toronto Globe and Mail reported Tuesday.

Rangers GM Glen Sather did not allow Avery to talk with the media after the game.

"Everybody knows about Sean's antics, fighting and his ability to get under peoples' skin, but every once in a while he reminds people that he can play," Shanahan said, according to The Sun.

Avery has scored in each of New York's last two games.

Acquired last season by New York in a trade with Los Angeles, Avery injected a shot of energy and gave the Rangers a physical and emotional edge. But the 27-year-old forward's arbitration hearing with the team turned contentious when the Rangers, according to a New York Post story, referred to Avery as "a reasonably effective player as well as a detriment to team" in a brief given to the arbitrator.

The Post reported that management also said, "Avery is not a mature player. He plays, at times, like an individual rather than a member of a team."

"I have no idea what to say," Avery told the newspaper last August. "I don't know what this was about. I'm shocked."

In the past, Avery has drawn the ire of many around the league for saying "visor-wearing French-Canadians" were guilty of dirty play. When he was fined for diving, he blasted the league, saying that he was a target of other players.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #243
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Amazing how San Jose is so bad at home but one of the best on the road. As a first place club, maybe they want to drop to 8th seed to get away ice ADVANTAGE for their team. 8th seed might (and not even for sure) 2nd place in the Pacific Division this year.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:24 PM   #244
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Bryzgalovs first game vs the kings is a shutout...
Old 11-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #245
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

if we didnt get biron i was hoping philly wouldhave landed Bryzgalov, glad to see he should get to play now.

onto avery, i can honestly hardly wait for the first game against the rags with downie in the lineup, i have a feeling the 2 of them might not see eye to eye on many things.

as for belak, everybody thinks it, but ya cant say stuff like that to the media, now you cant do anything dumbass.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 AM   #246
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Happy thanks giving your fired

Bruce Boudreau has been named the team's interim head coach, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today.

The Capitals have been a disappoitment this season with a 6-13-1 mark. They are last in the Southwest Division, eight points behind the fourth-place Florida Panthers.

The Capitals lost to the Atlanta Thrashers 5-1 last night, with the crowd jeering the team and chanting for Hanlon's dismissal.
Related Info

"He understood that it had to be done. We had talked after our game on Monday night and had some concerns about whether he was losing the team," general manager George McPhee told the Associated Press. "Glen is a first class guy . [but] it's not about friendships and you've got to do what's best for the Washington Capitals."

"Hopefully a fresh voice will get some guys going here," goalie Olie Kolzig said.

Earlier in the week, Capitals owner Ted Leonsis had written a blog expressing his disappoitnemtnt to fans.

"I can't sleep. I was up at 4:30 am this morning. I am in pain. I am angry. I want desperately for us to turn it around and win some games as does everyone in our organization." Leonsis wrote. "I am not oblivious to what is happening."

The Capitals noted in a press release that no timetable has been set for naming a head coach beyond Boudreau's interim status. The rest of the Capitals coaching staff will, however, remain in place.

Boudreau, 52, has coached championship teams in the American Hockey League (AHL) and the ECHL and is in his third year as the head coach of the Hershey Bears, Washington's AHL affiliate.

"[Boudreau] has had tremendous success in Hershey, with different groups of players. He has terrific hockey instincts . he's a hockey man" said McPhee.

Boudreau has compiled a 103-45-11-16 record with the Bears. He led the team to the Eastern Conference championship and the Calder Cup finals in each of his first two years in Hershey, winning the Calder Cup in 2006.

"I haven't really had a lot of time to focus on too much, except that it's unfortunate because Glen was a good friend of mine," Boudreau said. "But at the same time, I've sort of waited 32 years for this opportunity."

Boudreau will make his debut behind the Capitals bench on Friday in Philadelphia.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #247
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

matinee

Old 11-26-2007, 04:59 AM   #248
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default NHLPA Instigating

NHL Players Association Executive Director Paul Kelly and his entourage have visited with seven of the league's 30 teams on their fall tour.

Issues discussed include bigger nets, smaller goalie equipment and mandatory visors, to name a few. But the one topic that interests players most right now is removal of the instigator penalty.

Kelly is asking players the question, "Do you want it removed?," and sources say the vast majority are saying yes.

At the competition committee level last year, the players voted in favour of leaving it in.

So, what's changed?

As one player put it, "guys have to be more accountable," citing hits to the head and hits from behind this season as the motivator for urgency.

Entering Wednesday's 11-game NHL schedule, there have been a whopping 155 fights this season. Instigator penalties have been handed out just 10 times, or six per cent of the fights.

Any player who accumulates three instigator penalties receives an automatic two-game suspension, and Philadelphia's Ben Eager was the lone player suspended last season.

According to the players, the instigator penalty corrodes the code.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:56 PM   #249
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Toronto vs the Habs

Anybody watchin? just a great game going into OT right now.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 PM   #250
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Flyers' Hartnell suspended for two games

What a joke....

TORONTO -- Philadelphia Flyers forward Scott Hartnell has been suspended for two games, without pay, as a result of being assessed a game misconduct during NHL game #342 against the Boston Bruins on Nov. 26, the National Hockey League announced today.

"It appears that Mr. Hartnell was attempting to let up on delivering a check to an opponent that was in a vulnerable position," said NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell. "However, at the point of contact, he did deliver a blow to the head of Mr. Alberts that resulted in an injury."

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Hartnell will forfeit $44,919.78. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

Hartnell was assessed a major penalty for boarding and a game misconduct for a hit on Boston defenseman Andrew Alberts at 14:22 of the second period.

Hartnell will miss Wednesday's game at Carolina and Dec. 1 against Dallas. He will be eligible to return Dec. 5 at Minnesota.