The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 07:57 PM   #376
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Swapping out D-man...

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS-Recalled D Kristopher Letang from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (AHL). Assigned F Tyler Kennedy, D Alain Nasreddine and G John Curry to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #377
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Since when has it become "Wilkes-Barre/Scranton"? Ever since I was 5 years old, it was always Scranton Wilkes "Berry". Must be a hockey thing, sorta like Defense is defence in hockey.

Shows how much i think about the little flightless birds that play in the Mellon Arena. I come to the flightless bird thread to ask about a city in PA.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:12 PM   #378
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Since when has it become "Wilkes-Barre/Scranton"? Ever since I was 5 years old, it was always Scranton Wilkes "Berry". Must be a hockey thing, sorta like Defense is defence in hockey.

Shows how much i think about the little flightless birds that play in the Mellon Arena. I come to the flightless bird thread to ask about a city in PA.
I dunno man, here in the HBG area it's always been wilkes-barre/scranton - due to how you run into them on I81
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:59 PM   #379
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
I dunno man, here in the HBG area it's always been wilkes-barre/scranton - due to how you run into them on I81
What up Josh. Who knows. As a Phillies fan I always heard the triple A team called the Scranton Wilkes Barre Red Barons.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #380
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
What up Josh. Who knows. As a Phillies fan I always heard the triple A team called the Scranton Wilkes Barre Red Barons.
what the hell do baseball guys know...
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #381
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

i hate to do this pbn but i have to agree with the pens fan, ive only ever heard of it as wilkes-barre/scranton, and its hockey related so the usual 5 year delay on technologies coming to canada dosent apply here.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:38 PM   #382
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

PIT 3 NYI 2

Good game by Flower in net. We could have easily lost this game, though, not a super performance, but it was ok.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #383
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

good win the boys needed it
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:15 AM   #384
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

thank god, i was getting mad
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #385
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

NYR 4, PIT 3 (OT)

Sigh. Another blown 2-0 lead. Sid was COMPLETELY DOMINANT tonight. He got 2 points in the first period, could have had a ****load more in the game. Flower got the start again and was so-so. At least we got a point. Staal really needs to be a healthy scratch for a game or two (he is important to the PK, but right now is just a complete dog on offense).
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:40 AM   #386
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

yeah to be honest, i didn't expect him to put up 30g's again this year
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:56 PM   #387
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

reccin ball available

RECCHI'S FUTURE WITH PENS IN QUESTION.

PITTSBURGH POST-GAZETTE: Dave Molinari reports Mark Recchi's decline in ice time (a healthy scratch in four of the Penguins last five games) prompted his agent, Rick Curran, to discuss Recchi's future with GM Ray Shero. Curran wouldn't elaborate as to the details of the discussion and Shero was unavailable for comment.

Spector's Note: While Curran said the talks were confidential, it wouldn't surprise me if the subject of a trade was part of it. Recchi re-signed with the Penguins as at this stage of his career he didn't want to leave Pittsburgh but he may have to consider that option if he hopes to continue playing this season. While his age and declining production this season is a concern Recchi is still highly regarded around the league and he has an affordable salary. A team seeking a top six forward (hello there, Ottawa Senators) might be interested in his services.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #388
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

PIT 4 DAL 1

Crosby was just unbelievable tonight. He had 2 goals, but as Steigy said on the broadcast, that really just was scratching the surface, he was just raping the whole game, he could have easily had a 4 or 5 point game. Flower is now heating up, two straight very good games for him and Staal has regained his confidence.

3 wins in a row! We are back to .500
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 12-01-2007 at 01:08 AM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #389
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
PIT 5 DAL 1

Crosby was just unbelievable tonight. He had 2 goals, but as Steigy said on the broadcast, that really just was scratching the surface, he was just raping the whole game, he could have easily had a 4 or 5 point game. Flower is now heating up, two straight very good games for him and Staal has regained his confidence.

3 wins in a row! We are back to .500

I watched the game the kid was on tonight that's for sure..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:35 PM   #390
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

I didn't watch the game, i had some work i was doing earlier - but it's been a great night - the pens won and i got something i was looking for.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:36 AM   #391
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

3 wins in a row! We are back to .500
that was short lived,

altho honestly 11-11-2 is not 500, those 2 are still losses they arent ties anymore, remember we got rid of them an got the stupid shootout, so you cant treat it like a tie, its still a loss.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #392
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Wow flyer fans are like the hockey version of raiduh fans.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #393
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
Wow flyer fans are like the hockey version of raiduh fans.
While Pens fans are the Hockey version of Saints fans. A couple good years (where fans show up) sprinkled in to the laughing stocks of the league the majority of their years (playing to an empty house). Outstanding fanbase!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #394
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
While Pens fans are the Hockey version of Saints fans. A couple good years (where fans show up) sprinkled in to the laughing stocks of the league the majority of their years (playing to an empty house). Outstanding fanbase!
Again flyer fans have no real knowledge of that which they speak. When Dick tarnstrom was the leading scorer, they still avg'd 13k in attendence in, what a 15.5k building.

Maybe next time ya'll can read up on a topic before you try to engage someone in it.


Oh and PS - lemme know when philly ever wins anything significant. that town is cursed. So the joke is on philly fans. Every year we laugh at the choke job done by all major sports of that city.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #395
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
Again flyer fans have no real knowledge of that which they speak. When Dick tarnstrom was the leading scorer, they still avg'd 13k in attendence in, what a 15.5k building.

Maybe next time ya'll can read up on a topic before you try to engage someone in it.


Oh and PS - lemme know when philly ever wins anything significant. that town is cursed. So the joke is on philly fans. Every year we laugh at the choke job done by all major sports of that city.

I only care bout the Phils and Flyers. We've won just about the same in my lifetime (33 yrs) as the Pens and Pirates. Whats the current streak for the Pirates under .500 now? 16 years or something like that?
The Flyers have had 1 bad season (last year) since '92. I'll take a playoff Hockey squad for 13 out of the last 15.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #396
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
I only care bout the Phils and Flyers. We've won just about the same in my lifetime (33 yrs) as the Pens and Pirates. Whats the current streak for the Pirates under .500 now? 16 years or something like that?
The Flyers have had 1 bad season (last year) since '92. I'll take a playoff Hockey squad for 13 out of the last 15.


With no hope ever of winning a cup.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #397
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
With no hope ever of winning a cup.
Did we win a cup in those years? No. I wouldn't say we had no hope though. We were the best in the confernce in some of those years. just didn't get the job done.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #398
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Did we win a cup in those years? No. I wouldn't say we had no hope though. We were the best in the confernce in some of those years. just didn't get the job done.

Franklin's curse man - not just hockey - football, baseball, basketball.... Philly is meant to be humiliated.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #399
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
Again flyer fans have no real knowledge of that which they speak. When Dick tarnstrom was the leading scorer, they still avg'd 13k in attendence in, what a 15.5k building.

Maybe next time ya'll can read up on a topic before you try to engage someone in it.
again showing that reading isnt a penguins fans strong suit

2004

Pittsburgh 486,961 TOTAL 11,877 per game 70.0 %

sorry bro but thats disgusting

and before you shoot your mouth off about what other people know get your facts straight, mellon arena holds 17,000, not 15,500 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mellon_Arena

The arena seats 16,958 for ice hockey (17,132 at standing room capacity)

but keep talkin
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #400
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
again showing that reading isnt a penguins fans strong suit

2004

Pittsburgh 486,961 TOTAL 11,877 per game 70.0 %

sorry bro but thats disgusting

and before you shoot your mouth off about what other people know get your facts straight, mellon arena holds 17,000, not 15,500 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mellon_Arena

The arena seats 16,958 for ice hockey (17,132 at standing room capacity)

but keep talkin
Philly curse - and do i need to school you about how ineffective Laraque has been again?
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Denver Broncos