The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #101
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

AWWwwwww you made a video champ, how pathetic

but i guess bergeron likes being the giver bettter then the taker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVexsGtMJI0

Last edited by chadta; 10-28-2007 at 04:41 PM..
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #102
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
as i said, if he lays up, bergeron turns and has a clear shot at the net, should he have hit him NO am i happy he did NO, is he a dirty player NO, he made a mistake, and it wasnt as bad as many other ones, but oh no its the big bad flyers. Somethings gotta be done.

BUT dont put yourself in that position, use your head, no he didnt turn at the last second but who in there right mind skates from that far away straight at the boards without turning, if he turns he dosent get hit, hes just as guilty as jones is. He kinda deserved it for being so stupid.

this is still hockey, it is still a contact sport.
Like I said, you can't justify a bad hit. He'll get suspended for awhile.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #103
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

wow! i guess you listened to don cherry run his mouth last night.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #104
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
wow! i guess you listened to don cherry run his mouth last night.
That's just part of Cherry's shtick and if Chadta was listening to Cherry he would be calling us all homos for disagreeing with him.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #105
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

naw cant say i was, why did he have something good to say ?

by the way you guys say that im gonna guess he agrees with me, that it wasnt that bad.

I mean come on guys, if this wasnt another flyer player being bad it wouldnt even be mentioned.

This year the flyers are winning games and kickin ass, sometimes good (downie hit) sometimes dirty (boulerice cross check) and sometimes it just happens (jones push)

Its nice to be hated and feared once again, i guess the teams slogan is true

Back with a vengeance.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:47 PM   #106
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

They teach that stuff in the peewees..
Old 10-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #107
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
and bergeron has a concussion and a broken nose.

you dont wanna get hit like that, dont skate into the boards like that, if he lays up and dosent hit him bergeron skates around him for a wrap around attempt. Im not happy he got hurt but its just as much his fault as it is jones, hell jones finally got his first 5 minute penalty.

read the friggin rule on boarding and then take this statement back.

The onus is on the player applying the check. Bergeron had to play the puck (which is why he was on the boards), he moved the puck on, and Jones recklessly used bad judgment and took the kill shot. The forearm is what makes that hit over the line.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #108
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
They teach that stuff in the peewees..
There will be retribution, in my opinion. Playing physical is one thing, but lacking respect for other players with cheap hits is gonna come back to haunt them.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #109
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Bergeron had to play the puck (which is why he was on the boards), he moved the puck on,
and if bergeron takes one more step forward he is against the boards and jones pins him like is done 100 times each game, to stop with your back turned with somebody 1 foot behind you is just stupid.

it happens, and as i said if its any team other then the big bad flyers or if bergeron gets up nothing is said.

This is great tho, all other arguments about head shots i couldnt pull up past because this year they said they were gonna try to make it stop, so ok downie got a suspension that he didnt deserve, boulerice did deserve what he got. But now as smiling assassin pointed out this rule has been on the books for a while, this isnt new, so lets look at a few recent hits and suspensions, and see how they compare to jones.

no suspension
no suspension
joke but still no suspension
1 game suspension
I love the way mara reacts, but once again no suspension

so please tell me why jones should get anything ?

Last edited by Bronx33; 10-29-2007 at 05:25 PM..
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 PM   #110
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Jones gets 2 games

well jones got more then i thought he should, its nice to see that even colin cambell can tell the difference between **** happens and intent.

"There have been suggestions by some that this hit was comparable to incidents earlier this season where players received significant game suspensions for blows to the head. These comparisons and suggestions are wrong,"
Old 10-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #111
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
and if bergeron takes one more step forward he is against the boards and jones pins him like is done 100 times each game, to stop with your back turned with somebody 1 foot behind you is just stupid.

it happens, and as i said if its any team other then the big bad flyers or if bergeron gets up nothing is said.

This is great tho, all other arguments about head shots i couldnt pull up past because this year they said they were gonna try to make it stop, so ok downie got a suspension that he didnt deserve, boulerice did deserve what he got. But now as smiling assassin pointed out this rule has been on the books for a while, this isnt new, so lets look at a few recent hits and suspensions, and see how they compare to jones.

no suspension
no suspension
joke but still no suspension
1 game suspension
I love the way mara reacts, but once again no suspension

so please tell me why jones should get anything ?

Without looking at every clip you posted (are they from this year)?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:29 PM   #112
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Jones gets 2 games

well jones got more then i thought he should, its nice to see that even colin cambell can tell the difference between **** happens and intent.

"There have been suggestions by some that this hit was comparable to incidents earlier this season where players received significant game suspensions for blows to the head. These comparisons and suggestions are wrong,"

2 games is fair jones learned a lesson and the message is loud and clear throughout the league.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #113
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Without looking at every clip you posted (are they from this year)?

that dosent matter, this boarding rule isnt a new rule, there is no crack down on boarding, its always been on the books.

Quote:
2 games is fair jones learned a lesson and the message is loud and clear throughout the league.
ok i take back what i said earlier, 2 games is a total rip, october 29th 2007 no suspension

oh wait he was wearing red and black not orange and black

lets see if ive got this right

Downie hunts down someone and drills him: 20 games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=322zqTkL0-c
Tootoo hunts down someone and drills him: 0 games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ym7Ii7lWY4

Jones hits someone into the wall head first: 2 games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMbDKGBkE_M
Volchenkov hits someone into the wall head first: 0 games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhtMzqYoqcg

Way to stick to that standard, Campbell! Thank goodness we have you to keep discipline in this league.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #114
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
that dosent matter, this boarding rule isnt a new rule, there is no crack down on boarding, its always been on the books.

ok i take back what i said earlier, 2 games is a total rip, october 29th 2007 no suspension

oh wait he was wearing red and black not orange and black

lets see if ive got this right

Downie hunts down someone and drills him: 20 games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=322zqTkL0-c
Tootoo hunts down someone and drills him: 0 games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ym7Ii7lWY4

Jones hits someone into the wall head first: 2 games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMbDKGBkE_M
Volchenkov hits someone into the wall head first: 0 games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhtMzqYoqcg

Way to stick to that standard, Campbell! Thank goodness we have you to keep discipline in this league.

The only difference is the new (push) THIS YEAR by the NHL last years clips don't mean squat, i understand what you are saying but the only difference between this year and last is the league is cracking down on it now. And it appears hes doing just that.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #115
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

all the videos in that post are from this year, the volchenkov hit is from october 20th, come on.

the tootoo thing was 8 days after downie, and the volchenkov thing was 8 days before, but alas, they wernt wearing flyers jerseys so they didnt get suspended. its horse****.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:51 PM   #116
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Hatcher could miss a month

And the good news just keeps on comin...

VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) -Flyers defenseman Derian Hatcher will undergo surgery to repair cartilage damage in his right knee and will miss two to four weeks.

The 35-year-old Hatcher, who had his streak of 107 consecutive games recently snapped because the knee was bothering him, said he aggravated the injury lifting weights.

"I've had problems with it the past 10 years probably," Hatcher said after the Flyers practiced on Wednesday. "It's probably closer to four weeks (recovery) because it's had trauma before. The tough thing about getting injured is it sets you back. Instead of being where you're at, you're almost starting over."

The Flyers called up Nate Guenin from their American Hockey League affiliate Philadelphia Phantoms to fill Hatchers roster spot. Guenin played nine games with the Flyers last year.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #117
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Flyers F Gagne cleared for full activity

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -Simon Gagne was cleared for full activity Saturday, 10 days after the Philadelphia Flyers forward was knocked out of a game and sidelined with vision problems and dizziness.

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said Gagne passed his baseline tests and was expected to practice with the team on Sunday. If all goes well, he is expected to play Monday against the New York Rangers.

Gagne hasn't played since he was knocked out of a game against Florida on Oct. 24, when his jaw crashed into the shoulder of Florida defenseman Jay Bouwmeester on a high check. Gagne tried to play a few shifts, but left the game after he experienced dizziness.

He skated alone for about 30 minutes on Tuesday and said he felt better, but not quite ready to play.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:05 AM   #118
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_wrJpRDaU

This was posted on a kings board, as you guys probably know Hextall is the Kings assistant GM and the GM of the Kings AHL affiliate in Manchester. But man this guy was an intimidating goalie...
Old 11-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #119
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

thanks champ, that was posted on the flyers board as well, and yes i knew he was involved with the kings.

in other news LeClair faces DUI charges

WCAX TV in Vermont is reporting that former Montreal Candiens, Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins forward John LeClair is facing DUI charges in his home state, following an incident that occurred in the early morning hours of Oct. 24.

The WCAX report notes that this is LeClair's second drinking and driving incident. Back in 1990, the then-21-year-old former University of Vermont standout pled no contest after DUI charges were reduced to careless and negligent driving. LeClair, 38, is scheduled to appear in court next Tuesday in Milton, VT.

Ironically, this week also marks 22 years since Flyers goaltending star Pelle Lindbergh died in a drinking-and-driving accident.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #120
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

A little late but....

Philadelphia Flyers forward Sami Kapanen is day-to-day with a mild knee sprain and will miss Thursday’s game against the New Jersey Devils.

To take Kapanen’s spot on the roster, Philadelphia recalled forward Stefan Ruzicka from the Phantoms of the American Hockey League.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:15 PM   #121
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

gagne is apparently out as well, the concussion thing is buggin him again, what is it with flyers and concussions. At least our road trip is over.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #122
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

another victory over the pens, to remain unbeaten at home
Old 11-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #123
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Get ready to get raped eight times again.

hows that workin out for ya so far big mouth ?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #124
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Took my son to his first Flyers game last night. We went in right as the doors opened and went down behind the Flyers bench to watch them warm up. Jimmy Dowd gave Nicky a puck, Danny Briere gave him a high five, Jeff Carter gave him a puck. As if the little guys wasn't smiling from ear to ear, just as all the players were leaving the ice, Scotty Hartnell ripped all the tape off his blade and gave Nicky his stick! What a freaking experience. Hockey players are a different breed. They get it.

Anyway, outstanding game by the Flyers. They controlled the entire game, save for about 3 minutes towards the end of the second period. Crosby is unreal but he might be the biggest crybaby flopper I've ever watched. He is Matthew Barnaby with unbeleivable skill.

Biron is a flatout stud and Mike Richards might be the league MVP right now. Forget about 9 goals and 10 assists so far. He flat out shuts down the opposing teams top line night in and night out. Crybaby Crosby had no room. Richards shadowed him.

This team is pretty good right now. They aren't great. That said, they are EXTREMELY young and need some more time to gel. The sky is the limit for this team. What a core of young talent we have here.

GO FLYERS!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #125
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

thats awesome pbn, glad he had a good time, i think i may try an make it down again in spring time for a game, an maybe go out to the skate zone with my boy an watch a practice.

On a side note, still unbeaten at home after a 3-2 victory over the islanders, richards does it again shorty to win the game.